• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

~NeonFire372~

Smash Rookie
I love my Wii. [You know every time I say that it sounds even more wrong. >_>]

Anyway yeah, it's a great console that's different from the other two next generation consoles and Super Mario Galaxy has to be one of the most, despite easy, games ever.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Does the AR block pertain to freeloaders too?

I can't wait for the Everybody's
Nintendo Channel to hit NA....please???

Zink

Smash Champion
Ugh, I really wanted to get an AR for Melee and Brawl. I guess they'll have to work on a new device? If that's even possible. I'd hate to think of the loss if we had to play without frame data. GG was bad enough when it was impossible to see hitboxes... oh well, we'll think of something. Maybe somebody somewhere will have an un-updated Wii we can use... if there's even any working codes for Wii games...

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I wouldnt count on that ZINK, all first party nintendo games coming out now prompt a nintendo wii update. So no go, you will have to train your eyes.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I wouldnt count on that ZINK, all first party nintendo games coming out now prompt a nintendo wii update. So no go, you will have to train your eyes.
I noticed this when I first put Galaxy into my Wii. I was actually hoping that I would get some sort of awesome bonus for buying a release-date copy of the game.

I guess I should be glad that I at least got the pre-order bonus.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm just saying it added nothing to my game, and I'd rather borrow it (which I did) then have a piece of garbage in my room. I'm a mario fanboy, but not to that extreme.

Mario Galaxy: 10/10 PLayed it through completely(120stars with mario and with
luigi and beat the special 121st star
beating the game 4times)

Special coin: 1/10 and only because I don't have one. seriously, the least they could do is seal it in a plastic case. Instead, it's in this cardboardish container, and it falls out. THe person i know who has one has already lost it, only just found it again. The coin doesn't even feel nice. It's light and feels sorta like plastic with thin metal plating.

I still think it's funny that i'm a n00b flamer/troll for ridiculing a coin. Besides, define n00b. Obviously not at the game, because as stated prior to this the coin is crappy and the game is amazing. The only criteria for n00b (which fits since we are talking about posts) is number of posts or length of time on the boards, both of which I far surpass you in.

I'm very happy mario galaxy came out, because frankly, all i'm using my wii for right now is GHIII. and since I've played rockband, not much of that either.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I'm just saying it added nothing to my game, and I'd rather borrow it (which I did) then have a piece of garbage in my room. I'm a mario fanboy, but not to that extreme.

Mario Galaxy: 10/10 PLayed it through completely(120stars with mario and with
luigi and beat the special 121st star
beating the game 4times)

Special coin: 1/10 and only because I don't have one. seriously, the least they could do is seal it in a plastic case. Instead, it's in this cardboardish container, and it falls out. THe person i know who has one has already lost it, only just found it again. The coin doesn't even feel nice. It's light and feels sorta like plastic with thin metal plating.

I still think it's funny that i'm a n00b flamer/troll for ridiculing a coin. Besides, define n00b. Obviously not at the game, because as stated prior to this the coin is crappy and the game is amazing. The only criteria for n00b (which fits since we are talking about posts) is number of posts or length of time on the boards, both of which I far surpass you in.

I'm very happy mario galaxy came out, because frankly, all i'm using my wii for right now is GHIII. and since I've played rockband, not much of that either.
You insult me and for what reason?! Tell me where i have called you a stupid n00b flamer/ Troll? You made an assumption and you succeeded in making yourself look like an ***, not me. "Everyone knows it's not the size of your post count, its how you use it!" Do you really think I would change my sig or post it to spite you? Whats your deal?

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
question on component cables

I have a question about Wii component cables. Is there a difference between different brands of component cables. I know that 3rd party brands like Nyko can be trusted. But i have been looking at some random wii component cables on ebay and have been wondering about the quality and durability of different brands of cables. I know some may think i am just being cheap about buying component but for 1/4 the price of regular name brand cables, which i have seen on ebay i would not mind trying them but i would like some opinions on ebay component cables 1st.

So will any component cables do or should i just go with trusted brands like the official nintendo cables, and or Nyko which i have read good reviews about.

Other little questions i have are:
-are there any specific things i should look for when purchasing components cables?
ex: some component cable products say "Premium", "HDTV", "24k Gold Plated", "HD Pro"

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
I would recommend that you use 1st party stuff. I had a nyko controller that shut my gamecube off every time i plugged it. The rechargeable batteries are perfect just in case you dont know. I mainly use 3rd party stuff for spares.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can use third party component cables and not worry about getting the official Nintendo ones. I bought some 3rd party component cables last year around this time, and they still work perfectly fine. My only complaint is that the wire is REALLY short, but it's still all the same. Just do some research (google) on the brand you intend to buy.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I haven' used third party cables, but in general i trust nyko. I have their charger, and it works really well.

Chaosdragon, my bad, I called the coin a piece of crap and then you posted right afterwards that you had a bloodlust for flamers and trolls, so i went on defense.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I noticed this when I first put Galaxy into my Wii. I was actually hoping that I would get some sort of awesome bonus for buying a release-date copy of the game.

I guess I should be glad that I at least got the pre-order bonus.
What if you can't connect to the internet? Does Nintendo even think before they toss out an idea? God, I swear Nintendo is THE dumbest company when it comes to making the console easy to use.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
No, the update is on the disk itself. I know because i got the update with Metroid Prime 3 on a friends Wii which wasn't connected to the internet. Give nintendo more credit than that, jeez.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sorry but Nintendo keeps making bad moves, not as bad as Sony's but still very bad. I wouldn't put anything past them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, Nintendo does put updates on game discs, so that you can update your firmware if you don't have Internet. I don't know if it's on EVERY game...probably just the most popular games that they believe everyone will get. I'm pretty sure Super Mario Galaxy and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn had the 3.1 updates on them.
Can you please tell us some of the bad moves Nintendo has made? :confused:
Let's see...poor 3rd party support up until recent times, got into the Internet side of gaming waaaaay too late, forcing you to buy a special adapted for wired Internet connection if you don't have wireless for Wii. Let's not forget the failure systems such as Virtual Boy and N64DD...don't be blind and say Nintendo has never done anything wrong. ;)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
No high-def support, too. :|

Last gen you had Nintendo saying "online isn't something gamers are interested in" which proved to be very wrong. This gen you have Nintendo saying "high definition isn't widespread enough for us to support it" which in a couple years will end up being a very bad decision.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Yeah, Nintendo does put updates on game discs, so that you can update your firmware if you don't have Internet. I don't know if it's on EVERY game...probably just the most popular games that they believe everyone will get. I'm pretty sure Super Mario Galaxy and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn had the 3.1 updates on them.
Let's see...poor 3rd party support up until recent times, got into the Internet side of gaming waaaaay too late, forcing you to buy a special adapted for wired Internet connection if you don't have wireless for Wii. Let's not forget the failure systems such as Virtual Boy and N64DD...don't be blind and say Nintendo has never done anything wrong. ;)
Oh I'm not blind, I really wanted someone to tell me what they have done in the past that's wrong and you've told me. Can you really argue that buying a special adapter for your Wii is really a bad move? Least we don't have to pay once a month or whatever. What's N64DD? Virtual Boy...for it's time(1995?) it sold over 500,000 units..meh.

Zink

Smash Champion
No high-def support, too. :|

Last gen you had Nintendo saying "online isn't something gamers are interested in" which proved to be very wrong. This gen you have Nintendo saying "high definition isn't widespread enough for us to support it" which in a couple years will end up being a very bad decision.
maybe. And maybe not. Really, it depends on how popular HDTVs get. Until there's a much higher percentage, they're insignificant to consoles. Besides, you can't argue with results.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
By 2009 HDTVs are going to be the standard type of television. In February 2009 all television channels are going to be required to broadcast a digital signal and be in high-def. If you don't have a HDTV, you're going to have to buy an adapter. That's a year and three months away.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can you really argue that buying a special adapter for your Wii is really a bad move? Least we don't have to pay once a month or whatever.
Considering you can't just use a USB ethernet cable instead, yeah, it seems like they were being very greedy. But hey, business is business do it's hard to blame them...

Also, I believe February 17 is the exact day they will change over. Most newer TVs that are being made shouldn't have a problem with this.

Zink

Smash Champion
By 2009 HDTVs are going to be the standard type of television. In February 2009 all television channels are going to be required to broadcast a digital signal and be in high-def. If you don't have a HDTV, you're going to have to buy an adapter. That's a year and three months away.
So? You don't need an HDTV to recieve digital signals. All you need is a cable plan. HDTVs are still very expensive, too.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I never said you did need one. A top-set box, like you can already get from your current cable provider would be one of the adapters I said you'd need. Your super expensive comment is pointless, too, people are gobbling HDTVs up and when everything is being required to be in HD starting in February 2009, even more people will make the jump. You can buy a 27" LCD HDTV for around $400. 10 years ago that's how much it would've cost you to buy a 27" Flat Screen SDTV. I don't see how that's super expensive. REGARDLESS OF ALL OF THAT, back to the point, it's ridiculous that Nintendo went into this generation not supporting high-def displays. It will be considered one of their biggest mistakes after this generation is over.

Sensai

Smash Master
For some reason or another, Cashed and I don't tend to agree with the console side of gaming. But he's right. The complete don't-give-a-**** attitude of Nintendo concerning HD isn't hurting them too badly yet, but it might end up being a bit of a hassle in the future. If it keeps aiming for the casual crowd, it probably won't make a difference. But if Nintendo's serious about this whole 'aiming for both crowds' bullocks, then it was definitely a bad move.

And the whole online plan is just ****ty...we understand you wanna protect Johnny B. Good from Lars the Pedophile, but SERIOUSLY. If I know and enjoy talking to/hanging out with Lars, then for the love of God let me in all of my games. And let me TALK to him.

As for a lot of those past Nintendo errors, you can't really blame them for some of 'em (I'm talkin' 'bout the Virtua Boy, specifically). They were kinda new at this whole jazz and just wanted to see how things worked. Other things, though (3rd party support, ****ty online, the afore mentioned graphics problem), they should be charged with.

Nintendo and Apple, guys...we all love them, but it doesn't mean they can release ****ty products without the consumer, fanboy or not, saying something about it.

Ok, ending rant.

Did anybody else see that Wii Fit sold a quarter of a million units in Japan in two days? And that's only 'cause they only shipped around 300k....

****in' God.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
If you wanna talk to a pedophile there is something wrong with you not nintendo for their "Current" lack of voice support, eventhough they should have it. How is it nintendo's fault for the lack of third party support or 3rd party quality titles? I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND YOU but please dont say you want to talk to a pedophile in order to prove your point, it is more serious than it sounds.

D

Deleted member

I HIGHLY doubt this.

Edit: Haha, woah. Big text. I'll keep it for fun. :p

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Well that's great.

sensai said:
And the whole online plan is just ****ty...we understand you wanna protect Johnny B. Good from Lars the Pedophile, but SERIOUSLY. If I know and enjoy talking to/hanging out with Lars, then for the love of God let me in all of my games. And let me TALK to him.
I laughed out loud when I read "Lars the Pedophile," and completely agree with what you said. Nintendo could easily support voice chat with their current strategy for online, just make it so you can only hear the voices of people that you've registered as your friend and they've registered you. If Johnny B. Good is going to go online and copy down some completely random friend codes and Lars the Pedophile happens to be someone he adds, it's his fault for going online and adding completely random people.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
They're assuming some of the people copying the random FCs as friends are little kids, who are the ones they are trying to protect. Small children are stupid, doesn't mean we should have them talking to pedophiles lol.

Course, this is where PARENTAL CONTROLS comes in. IE having a setting to disable voicechat. -_-' It's such an obvious answer it makes me cringe.

TGM

Smash Lord
For some reason or another, Cashed and I don't tend to agree with the console side of gaming. But he's right. The complete don't-give-a-**** attitude of Nintendo concerning HD isn't hurting them too badly yet, but it might end up being a bit of a hassle in the future. If it keeps aiming for the casual crowd, it probably won't make a difference. But if Nintendo's serious about this whole 'aiming for both crowds' bullocks, then it was definitely a bad move..

Bad move? Not at all, look a tad bit deeper to thier OVERALL strat....it pays off big time in the end.

Nintendo as a whole is doing many times better than any other console company.

DS has 64ish graphics but kicks ***. why?

Cheap system/games
Different exp compared to ALL other hand helds.
Plus, the games it has IS truly what the puplic want. The sales show it.

The wii was the last to launch yet its the best selling console(so far). Why?

1. TOTALY new way to play(push,pull,tilt,turn,slash,aim,shake)
3. TOTALY new games(some are sheer garbage=red steel and others)
4. Compared to the other consoles, its price is epic. Price DOES matter for parents who just want to get ther kid a video game system.
5. Easy to learn for older folk(ive seen this at my GFs nursing home) and children, yet it keeps more harder core players interested(metroid prime3,Loz:TW,mario kart,Resident evil....ect).
6. Easier if not the same to develop for as the GCN was(lower development costs as well).

Ive seen the site,looked at the charts and read the article of the 2009 change to digital signal. This will cause a problem for he wii if you are HARD CORE about your lag. I have played some HDs that have tremendous lag while others have next to no lag. So the HD thing will not hurt the wii as much as most think. not to mention, 80% of all my pals have at least 1-2 regular tube tvs in thier home. you mean those tvs wont last another 2-4 years? If nintendo DOES not go HD in the wii 2, then there will be a massive problem......bu luckly for us, they already said they will.

Top Bottom