• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well inafune did say he wanted a megaman game for the wii, so theres a chance the megaman game COULD arrive on the wii...

just please no star force crap...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm 1'60"

Has anyone else had trouble with the little hooks on the plastic covers for the gamecube ports breaking? I play smash alot (of course) and me and two friends have all had the little hooks break at some point in college making it impossible to reattach the covers.
How did you break it anyways? What'd you do, slam the game in the case? O_o

You can try going to a gamestore that uses display cases and ask if you can have/buy an empty case. Toy R Us sold me a Wii game disc case for like a dime...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
He's talking about the hooks for the piece of plastic that covers up the GCN ports, whcih haven't broken for me, but the piece of plastic falls off all the time.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Try calling nintendo and asking them about a replacement cover? Its like trying to buy a gameboy back cover back in the 90's, next door to impossible!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Oddly enough I never lost my Gameboy backs, I pity da fools who did though. That's a load of jibba jabba.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I've been searching and searching but still haven't found any news regarding a NA release of the Everyone's Nintendo Channel, anybody heard anything?

I also vaguely remember hearing of an update for the photo channel coming in December....but haven't seen anything recent about it....

*sigh*

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
The update that your talking about is optional and upon updating it changes from the mp3 soundfile to something that's called "AAC", rumored to give better sound quality. Oh yeah games(excite truck) that support the mp3 soundfile will still work with your mp3's.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The update that your talking about is optional and upon updating it changes from the mp3 soundfile to something that's called "AAC", rumored to give better sound quality. Oh yeah games(excite truck) that support the mp3 soundfile will still work with your mp3's.
aac sucks. completely. it's the default import for iTunes, and if you never changed it, that sucks ***. mp3 is MUCH higher quality if you set it to be. go to iTUnes RIGHT NOW and in prefernces for importing somewhere change the filetype to mp3, variable bitrate, highest quality. If you have decent to great speakers, you WILL hear a difference.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
aac sucks. completely. it's the default import for iTunes, and if you never changed it, that sucks ***. mp3 is MUCH higher quality if you set it to be. go to iTUnes RIGHT NOW and in prefernces for importing somewhere change the filetype to mp3, variable bitrate, highest quality. If you have decent to great speakers, you WILL hear a difference.
I believe you, i am just telling you everything i heard, nintendo started that rumor.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ Wireless nunchuck: Not a fan. Sure, it's a decent enough idea...but unnecessary (spelling!). Pretty much everything Buzz has said is spot on, so I won't repeat him.
It's a Nyko product. I'm not a big fan of 3rd party Nintendo-compatible hardware manufacturers. They've screwed me over twice on video game controllers. Unless it's a Nintendo OEM products, it can basically suck my balls. But to be honest, I'm currently Wii-less anyhoo, so I could care less.
im 6'5". do i win?
No, I'm actually 6'5" as well...
IN MAH PANTS!!!!

(oh come on, someone had to say it...)

Oddly enough I never lost my Gameboy backs, I pity da fools who did though. That's a load of jibba jabba.
lol, Red Exodus...just "wow"

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've been searching and searching but still haven't found any news regarding a NA release of the Everyone's Nintendo Channel, anybody heard anything?
Still no "official" word from Nintendo of America, but there's a good chance it'll be released *eventually*...

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Ok. I have some questions I need some questions answered before I take action.
1. Is it normal for the Wii to make loud noises when reading disk?
2. Does the Wii scratch the disk or leave these rainbow colored dashes on the disk?
3. What is the best way to connect this thing to the internet? Please name what you think is best, the pros and cons.

I thank anyone and everyone who answers these questions. It will definitely help me to make my decisions concerning my Wii.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
1+2: um...sounds like those are connected....yeah. No that's bad. Um, it makes some noise but not really loud, and NOTHING should EVER scratch discs though normal operation.

As for the internet? Wireless. really, there's no problem with it. It's no worth the thirty bucks for the wired adapter.

Sensai

Smash Master
The only VC games today of interest were Ghosts n Goblins and Pokemon Snap...the latter which I will be pickin' up.

@ Meta_Sonic64: My Wii does number 1. Then again, my Wii freezes a **** ton, too...well, not really. It doesn't seem to like GH3, though. And #3 would have to be wireless internet. If you don't have that, shell out some money for that Nintendo USB thing.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
It should only make weird sounds during gamecube navigation (But it does have the initial click and also you should hear your cd spining, but only if your close). Nothing should alter your disc and wireless is perfect if its yours (you dont have to worry about connection when your close).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ok. I have some questions I need some questions answered before I take action.
1. Is it normal for the Wii to make loud noises when reading disk?
2. Does the Wii scratch the disk or leave these rainbow colored dashes on the disk?
3. What is the best way to connect this thing to the internet? Please name what you think is best, the pros and cons.

I thank anyone and everyone who answers these questions. It will definitely help me to make my decisions concerning my Wii.
1. Generally, no. If it does, you might need to send it in for repairs, because it's a possible sign that the Wii is about to kick the bucket or a possible defect. I got mine since launch day, and it's still as quiet as ever.
2. No, it shouldn't. If it does, then go get it repaired.
3. Wireless is generally the easier of the two, because you don't need any wires and can therefore put it anywhere in the house. However, if you're concerned about lag issues or don't have wireless, then go with a wired connection. Be warned that you will have to purchase a special adapter for a wired connection because the Wii doesn't come with one.
Why is the Wii Shop Channel Down?
It was down in order to prepare for the gifting feature. It should be up and running now. Be sure you download the new firmware update first.

I like the Photo Channel option that allows you to put your pwn picture as an icon. Pretty spiffy. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good gravy, DO NOT use the Wi-Fi Dongle. It's better to get a router, and the cost is only a couple dollars more. Setting it up is very easy. I thought they stopped making the dongles...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
All Wii updates generally depend on the size of the update, your connection speed, and the amount of server traffic. The most recent update should only take a couple minutes.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
CRAP! Anyone know those little "don't turn off the power"-esque messages you get when transfering something to an SD card? I was moving them to the message board thinking it wouldn't take very long... I was wrong... it took forever... so I tried turning it off. turned it back on... Black ****ing screen! Asked on GFAQS and apparantly it was bricked!

Fixxord. just had to hard-reset (leave the wii unplugged for ~10 minutes)

Sandy

Smash Champion
Voice Chat Still Being Considered
Nintendo comments on the possibility of voice over IP on the Nintendo Wii.

The Nintendo Wii is currently the only gaming system unable to give players the ability to voice chat over the internet. Though a few games have been released on the Wii featuring online play, none allow players to converse through them. It's a frustrating limitation.

During a question and answer session in a Nintendo conference call this morning, Reggie Fils-Aime addressed this issue.

According to Fils-Aime, the system is clearly capable of this function, and Nintendo is constantly adding and tweaking features of the Wii system through system updates. The issue boils down to locking down the specific technologies and getting the specific peripheral to allow voice chatting.

Fils-Aime noted that, since Nintendo found this tech and peripheral on the Nintendo DS, he "wouldn't be surprised at all" if the feature appeared on Wii. "It's something we value and constantly look at."

Source

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I bet they just make a system that sends and receives pre-set phrases like "Good game" to avoid letting kids talk to pedophiles.

ron561

Smash Journeyman
This sunday all major retail stores will be getting their last shipment of the Nintendo Wii before Christmas.Each store has been holding there stock for 2 or 3 weeks now.Be in line early and get yours!

ronnietheboywonder

Smash Apprentice
This sunday all major retail stores will be getting their last shipment of the Nintendo Wii before Christmas.Each store has been holding there stock for 2 or 3 weeks now.Be in line early and get yours!
r u serious? :confused:

When's the next time stores will have Wii's again? :ohwell:

how the f*** can Wii's still be sold out!?!? :mad:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm having a strange new problem with my wifi connector. I hadn't use it in a long time but decided to recently. I can receive a full signal but the box (in the toolbar) remains grey and when checking the status it says "acquiring network address". Has anyone else had this problem before or know what to do about it?

Sensai

Smash Master
Chill: I'm not sure. Apologies....I had one of those a long time ago and never had any problem. Gave it to a technically illiterate girlfriend (now ex) and as far as I know she has never had problems either. Sorry...:-/

Also:

Sensai said:
Ahem...

http://kotaku.com/335527/two-more-consoles-for-virtual-console

Let wild speculation run rampant. My bets would be the MSX (which has been confirmed) and then some Sega console. I'd pay good GOOD money for Dreamcast games, but I don't think it'll be possible with the ****ty storage and Nintendo not being willing to allow SD cards to be used.
I know it's not the VC thread, but at the same time it IS part of the Wii's specs and all that stuff....amirite?

(please?)

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I'm having a strange new problem with my wifi connector. I hadn't use it in a long time but decided to recently. I can receive a full signal but the box (in the toolbar) remains grey and when checking the status it says "acquiring network address". Has anyone else had this problem before or know what to do about it?
I had so many problems with WiFi too.

Move to Lan, trust me, you won't like to have lag on Brawl.

Top Bottom