• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, most people leave it plugged in. Last time I mentioned it everyone was like "I've never unplugged mine, it's only lukewarm, etc etc." I've got a friend that left his glowing blue for over a month. I stayed at his house one night, sleeping on the couch in the room with the Wii. I powered the Wii on and powered it off so it wasn't glowing blue. :p

Salaad: A+B. You can't move the Disc Channel.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You have to move the channel to a blank spot though, can't move it over another and get them to swap though.

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
Hey, everyone. So making a new thread for the Check Mii Out channel is a no-no, huh? Alright. Here's some of the codes I have for the Check Mii Out channel. If you want to take the time to put in the stupid codes, do so, and add them to your favorites if you like. Here goes:

Mickey Mouse (Full body on face)
0389-4491-4320​
Dane Cook
2798-2824-1557​
Dr. Phil
0122-8643-5927​
Caveman (From the Geico commercials and the TV show)
2965-3111-5950​
Conan 'O Brien
5064-3392-4574​
Cyanide & Happiness stick figure
5096-3532-5807​
Mario without his hat
9008-2850-1525​
Carl (Aqua Teen)
6002-0491-2365​

HEROES:
Nathan Petrelli
5707-7061-9511​
DL Hawkins
6195-4383-7788​

FUTURAMA:
Amy Wong
7839-5710-2525​
Hermes Conrad
7812-5309-0785​

SEALAB:
Debbie
2974-5324-8061​
Dr. Quinn
7613-5139-2595​
Stormy
1356-9622-8986​

POKEMON:
Prof. Oak
0485-1552-5715​
Brock
8323-3918-5072​

FAMILY GUY:
Peter
1400-1062-5174​
Meg
5154-0159-5625​
Chris
1353-0354-3265​
Lois
4872-4102-4169​

HALF-LIFE:
Gordon Freeman
4605-0577-3329​
The G-man
3630-6553-6041​
Eli Vance
8412-2194-8440​

Also, I'd love some suggestions on some more Miis to make.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo has updated their official website to confirm that an update for the Wii photo channel will be coming in December.

The update will allow Wii owners to personalise their Wii menu by turning one of the digital images into the photo channel icon. A new shuffle function will also be added to the photo channel, which will allow tracks to be played back randomly. The enhancements end there though, with Nintendo axing the MP3 support that the Wii currently has in favour of .AAC and .m4a files. Nintendo states that AAC files will "provide a greater sound quality than an MP3 of the same size."

This means come December MP3 files will not work on the Wii at all, apart from software that specifically supports the file type (such as Excite Truck) While Nintendo claim this is due to superior sound quality, it is worth noting that licensing MP3 on the Wii is more costly than licensing AAC files.
Anyone ever heard of AAC or M4a files before?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I know about AAC, I some of the songs on my PC are in that format but some of my favorites aren't. I have no idea what M4a is though.

Does this mean we get to play our own music during games or only while we are on the main menu? Cuz it'd be fairly useless as a menu only thing.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If it's like before but just diferent file types, you can use the music in the photo channel for a slide show.

MP3's are still used for games that support it though.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
In game would be pretty sweet. I bet there ends up being some service provided by nintendo for converting your mp3's to whatevers.

TGM

Smash Lord
I have never once used the photo channel other than the 1st day i got the wii..........so the change in music formats dont mater to me. when i download songs off of itunes it comes in M4a format.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Hey, does anyone know of an example of someone using a wireless connection and having their Wii hacked or corrupted? Just, y'know, to be on the safe side.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Hey, does anyone know of an example of someone using a wireless connection and having their Wii hacked or corrupted? Just, y'know, to be on the safe side.
You know thats a pretty good question. I dont think its really possible to hack into someones Wii without certain information but I guess nothing is really impossible.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Anyone ever heard of AAC or M4a files before?
aac is the encoding type, m4a is the file extension. The default import incoding on iTunes is aac. SO if you drag a file off iTunes to your destop, you'll notice the filetype is m4a.
Let me put this out there. aac SUCKS ***. It's worse quality than an mp3 of the same size. It's just for licensing reasons. This is highly annoying. Especially since aac has like one quality whereas mp3s can have many different qualities depending on how good your sound system is compared to how much space you have.

edit. i think aac can be the file extension also, but m4a's are also aac encoded, i guess it's just the filetype iTunes gives themsince i haven't seen it anywhere else.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Does anyone have any info on Manhunt 2, Project Hammer, or Disaster: Day of Crisis?

I'm looking for release dates/cancellations/etc.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Disaster Day of Crisis is next year, PH got a new name, then got cancelled/delayed. I'm pretty sure Manhunt 2 is already out.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
G&W: Thanks. I wonder where they would have Manhunt 2 because isn't it rated AO because of the UK?

Chill: Yes.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
yeah, searching is a pain. when you upload a mii, you set it to a predefined category (one of 19 different ones, called 'skills'...things like writing, acting, speech, ect.)... then when searching, you can look for miis by category and gender. if you dont find it there, you can look at the most popular (top 50 with most votes). you can also look through the list of top 100 creators (artisans), and view all mii's theyve uploaded. other than that, you need the mii number to find it. and while that seems like alot of ways to find stuff, ive already gotten annoyed with it (after using it for about 20 minutes). you cant search by names or certian characteristics. you pretty much have to get lucky to find one youre looking for.

i heard there were some captain falcon miis, but i have yet to find any. ive got fox, samus, and mario though.

Sensai

Smash Master
The problem with the whole Check Mii Out thing is that Nintendo hasn't given much freedom in terms of character creation. Sure, you can do humans who look a lot like a normal person, but there are only so many people that we care about creating.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I wish they cna update the mii channel with t shirts and maybe for some fun nintendo gear like marios hat or links sword...
I'm really hoping that Animal Crossing for the Wii uses your Mii as you character. They could really open up Animal Crossing and add things like just mentioned too, hats would be great. I'd also like pants. XD

poncho_mcshoe

Smash Apprentice
Wii technical troubles...

While I was playing melee on my wii, the game crashed after a match finished and gave me an error message something like: "An error has occurred. Turn off the console and consult your gamecube manual."

I reset the system, and it gave me the error as soon as the game started to boot. I turned it off and left it for a while, started playing again an hour or two later, and it crashed again after ~20 minutes.

It's not a problem with the disc, because I used my roommate's disc when I tried the second time. Does anyone know what's going on with my wii? Had similar problems? Know how to fix it?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Maybe that'll be Ninty's next casual gamer promotion:

It even catches cheating wives!

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Warning: To everyone who owns a Wii, there is a danger in Downloading "Check Mii Out" and using the program! I can no longer use any of my Wii or Gamecube games! It can no longer read these disks! Please do not download "Check Mii Out" until this problem has been fixed!

It seems to only affect particular systems, but for for good measure, don't download it!

Top Bottom