• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
It all starts with the teenagers and their drugs. They get these ideas into the young children and corrupt them. Then those corrupted children turn into punk teenagers and proceed to corrupt more young children. It all started with Rock and Roll, I tell you what.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I thought it was all the games fault? I mean, it's obvious he thought he was playing GTA, OMG ban all teh games now!!!!~Jack Thompson

And now for something completely diferent.

G4 Interviewed Satowa Iwota, and it's certainly interesting....

Iwata confirmed that Nintendo is aiming for the next Mario title to appear as a launch title for Revolution.

"Personally I am pushing very strongly on Mr. Miyamoto to make Mario one of the launch titles for the Revolution."

In another excerpt, Iwata reinforced why Nintendo had delayed Zelda yet kept it as a GameCube title. He dropped an interesting hint that perhaps Twilight Princess will be equipped with Revolution features and make use of the console's controller.

"I am very sorry but we could not keep our promise to launch the new Legend of Zelda game by the end of this year. However, we still have another promise, and that is to launch the Twilight Princess for the GameCube. Some may say that it would be advantageous to sell Zelda for Revolution for the sales of Revolution, but now that we have already made a promise to the GameCube user that we'll be making Twilight Princess for the GameCube, we really don't want to disappoint them at all.

"Having said that however, I'm personally looking forward to seeing how Zelda can be played with this new Revolution controller. We are looking forward to see how Zelda can be changed by taking advantage of this new controller and I am actually pushing Mr Miyamoto to show what kind of things can be done with the Legend of Zelda."

Some will argue that he's simply referring to the next, Revolution Zelda game, but it must be remembered that Nintendo's previous excuse for the delay of Twilight Princess was to add exciting new features and its likely that some form of added Revolution functionality is it.
Rev usage for a GC game? Whaaaa? I'm assuming this would be when the games played on the Rev....but still, Whaaaaa?

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Note that Iwata didn't actually say anything about revolution controls for Twilight Princess...he just said Zelda...the rest was completely made up by G4...that's a very big assumption...

As for why it was delayed...it is highly likely that the reason was to improve the friggin game (or play catch-up; deadlines may not have been met), and possibly add more to it...there's more chance of that being the reason than to add Revolution functionality...especially as last minute-like as this...

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
Fierce Deity Vegeta said:
Note that Iwata didn't actually say anything about revolution controls for Twilight Princess...he just said Zelda...the rest was completely made up by G4...that's a very big assumption...

As for why it was delayed...it is highly likely that the reason was to improve the friggin game (or play catch-up; deadlines may not have been met), and possibly add more to it...there's more chance of that being the reason than to add Revolution functionality...especially as last minute-like as this...
Well, I imagine it would be easier to add Revolution functionality rather than add MORE to the game... I mean, what else COULD they add to a Zelda game? Another dungeon? More Story? More Sidequests/Areas? All of those would most likely require more level design and creation. I don't think they have enough time to add those. Sure, they probably already have enough textures, but then they would still have to add more most likely for new monsters/bosses/objects. Then they also have to go through the huge long process of designing the level JUST right in order to guide the player through oh so well without having any shortcuts/cheats. Ocarina of Time was beautiful, but if you knew what you were doing, it was possible to beat the third temple first (and with an extra key), and get the Biggoron sword before beating any temples. They would most likely want to avoid having those shortcuts present because they didn't have enough time to design a level. Just adding Revolution compatibility though would be as simple as adding more commands to the code so that when it receieves and interprets such-and-such movement by the Revolution controller, that it will trigger a specific event/reaction/movement on Link's part.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
OMG, have you guys not seen the shotgun?! Who wouldn't try to shoot back at something like that? The gaming guns these days look more and more realistic these days I'm telling you!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You are way too serious. FOr one , it would be hard to actually raise a shotgun ofr a kid. Too heavy. For another, it's bright white. Where the hell would a little kid not only get a shotgun, but a get a glaming WHITE one at that.

The PS3's controller looks like a boomerang. Are you worried that people will start throwing them and hitting other people?

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
I would be worried that people would throw the Controllerang at people they're playing with. Most likely from frustration with being whipped at a game or something... Whats worse, its wireless, meaning there isn't a cord that could snap it back or divert its path, making it a potentially dangerous head cracker. But yeah, I gotta agree with you on the whole not having to worry about the gun modification. For one, its a mockup, we don't know if any of the games will come out with anything requiring such a gun. Although, FPSs would be hecka fun if you're skill in the game actually relied MORE on hand-eye coordination rather than aiming and shooting with a perfectly stable avatar (like the Master Chief for example) The only case I heard of a toy gun getting mixed up for a real gun was when some kid painted a spring loaded BB gun (that looks rather close to a real gun) black and started pointing it at a policeman. I don't think anyone was hurt, and it was more the kids fault than the police officers. Stupid kid... kids probably wouldn't be able to play those sorts of games anyway, so the controller attatchments could be kept in a safe place, just in case some overprotective mother mistakes the video game attatchment for a deadly device... not likely...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If anyone is interested IGN is conducting a poll for revolution colors. They say they are going to give the results to Nintendo in hopes that it may affect launch colors available. The colors are glossy white, midnight black, dark grey, lime green, and cherry red.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
Chill said:
If anyone is interested IGN is conducting a poll for revolution colors. They say they are going to give the results to Nintendo in hopes that it may affect launch colors available. The colors are glossy white, midnight black, dark grey, lime green, and cherry red.
Its highly likely the colors are already decided... theres no changing their minds this late in the game. Nintendo knows what colors they'll make, and the cases have probably already been built, ready to be filled, and colored and everything already.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The earliest rumored release date is march 2006 six months from now. Even if you shave off a couple months thats still plenty of time to make more white or more red. It would only make sense for Nintendo to have more of a certain color available if it makes people more likely to buy the system. Unless of course you thought that these colors where ones that IGN made up. If thats the case these are all colors Nintendo has shown before. But I have a feeling the most popular colors will be white and black anyway.

kaid

Smash Master
On the topic of the base-remote thingy...

I feel Nintendo had a flash of subtle but cunning geinus when it made the new controller.

Although it looks simple, with few controls, it incorporates the functionality of the entire GameCube controller and more. (aside from the GC Dpad, but if they include tilt sensitivity in the attachment as well, the tilt can fill that role)

I've posted this twice before, on the Smash Rev thread, but it bears repeating. For the first time since SNES, they made the Dpad to be used!
Most people seem to be thinking that the tip of your thumb is supposed to go over the A button. I disagree. I feel that, for many games, the tip of the thumb goes over the Dpad, acting as a joystick hat-switch or X/Y/A/B for GC and SNES games. You should still be able to press the A button with the joint of your thumb.

For GC play on the Rev controller, you need the joystick attachment, and for full backward compatability, it needs to be tilt-sensitive too. The stick-grip's (hypothetical) tilt functions as the GC's Dpad for games like Metroid Prime 2, and the Remote's tilt duplicates the GC's C-stick. Both have an added "Roll" direction that the GC could never match.

The B and Z1 buttons act like the GC's L and R. Biggest change to get used to for playing GC games is moving the GC's Z button over to the Left hand. (Z2)

This leaves the A, Select, Home, Tilt-rolling, and those NES "a"/"b" buttons unaccounted for, over and above the full GC Controller's button count, in a format that would be relatively easy for GC players to adapt to.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i thinm you should read everything in theis thread before you post.

Specifically, read about the controller shell and the sideways controller for NES

kaid

Smash Master
I read page 1, I just feel that the shell isn't nessisary.

I mentioned the little a/b being for NES games only, but I guess I didn't actually elaborate how the controller would be held, as I though it was obvious. I was focusing specifically on how it could be compatable with GC console games.

Which, due to the GC controller slots, isn't actually nessisary, but given that my controllers are crapping out, I'd appreciate if Nintendo at least made it an option.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
im just wondering what the controller attachement will look like when they come out with one( they say at IGN that nintendo is planning on making a classic style controller attachment for the remote controller) i've seen designs that make it look just like the cube controller but hey... who didn't like the N64 controller??? that thing was amazing, i miss the good old days :(

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
the problem was that it i could be held multiple ways. i'd rather have the GC controller. Access to the Y, X, and L as well as the D-Pad.

kaid

Smash Master
Like I said, the GC Dpad is one thing that seems to be missing from the freehand arrangement, given what they've told us. If they dont add tilt-sensitivity to the Analog-stick part, I suppose you could thoretically use C-twist (clock/anticlock) and the NES buttons for it, but that would be really awkward, expecially using the NES buttons with both hands full.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
SmashMac said:
Heh, sounds sweet. Can't wait 'till it comes out.
BEST POST EVAR

Like I said, the GC Dpad is one thing that seems to be missing from the freehand arrangement, given what they've told us. If they dont add tilt-sensitivity to the Analog-stick part, I suppose you could thoretically use C-twist (clock/anticlock) and the NES buttons for it, but that would be really awkward, expecially using the NES buttons with both hands full.
.......um...they're still going to make the classic controller shell no matter what you say...and it will be a gamecube style controller.

Besides, if there was twist sensitivity on the analogue stick as well, it wouldn't help...it's not easy to move your hands independantly...one always seems to follow the other...sure, it CAN be done, but for say, a child, it would make things needlessly complicated...

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I just had a thought: WarioWare for the Revolution will blow my mind out of my skull. Who knows what crazy crap they'll be telling us to do.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
kaid said:
On the topic of the base-remote thingy...

I feel Nintendo had a flash of subtle but cunning geinus when it made the new controller.

Although it looks simple, with few controls, it incorporates the functionality of the entire GameCube controller and more. (aside from the GC Dpad, but if they include tilt sensitivity in the attachment as well, the tilt can fill that role)

I've posted this twice before, on the Smash Rev thread, but it bears repeating. For the first time since SNES, they made the Dpad to be used!
Most people seem to be thinking that the tip of your thumb is supposed to go over the A button. I disagree. I feel that, for many games, the tip of the thumb goes over the Dpad, acting as a joystick hat-switch or X/Y/A/B for GC and SNES games. You should still be able to press the A button with the joint of your thumb.

BLah blah blah...
Most people seem to think for some reason people with GC games don't have GC controllers... There are GC controller ports in the revelution, I hope I'm not going out on a limb here assuming the GC controllers can easily be used for GC games.. Using tilting and rolling as mock button features would become confusing and combersome to play.
A D pad can't act as a analog stick, it only has four possible (8 if you get fancy and start adding directions) imputs where an analog stick has alot more.

the rev controller has plus the analog attachment has a total of 8 "buttons" not including the second a and b buttons, home, power , ect. the GC has 12. If anything, I think the shell will be used for GC games if people are too lazy to plug in thier existing controllers.

kaid

Smash Master
<3 said:
Most people seem to think for some reason people with GC games don't have GC controllers... There are GC controller ports in the revelution, I hope I'm not going out on a limb here assuming the GC controllers can easily be used for GC games..
As I said in my other post, What I'm trying to point out isn't nessisary, but since my own controllers are crapping out, it would be nice if nintendo gave us the option.

<3 said:
Using tilting and rolling as mock button features would become confusing and combersome to play.
As opposed to, say, using an analog stick? *coughC-stickcough*
For my Shell-less GC play idea, the tilt is the Cstick. Rolling would be a new 'direction'.
I also suggested that, IF they add tilt sensitivity to the analog side, it effectively replaces the GC Dpad into a D-Stick, only better. This is the same thing the did when the went from 4 C buttons on the 64 to a Cstick on the GC.

<3 said:
A D pad can't act as a analog stick, it only has four possible (8 if you get fancy and start adding directions) imputs where an analog stick has alot more.
Where did I say THAT? I said that the REV Dpad could be used to replace X/Y/A/B, not an analog stick.

<3 said:
the rev controller has plus the analog attachment has a total of 8 "buttons" not including the second a and b buttons, home, power , ect. the GC has 12. If anything, I think the shell will be used for GC games if people are too lazy to plug in thier existing controllers.
Treating the Dpad as 4 buttons, like I suggest, you get those 4+ A,B, Z1,Z2, Start, Select, Home, and the NES a/b buttons. that's 13 buttons, although really only 8 are accessable, plus equivilants for the C-stick and, I'm hoping, the Dpad. (see above) The GC has L, R, A, B, X, Y, Z, and start, (which is relatively unaccessable), plus the Cstick and Dpad. This actually puts the Rev controller one button ahead.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The results of IGN's poll are in. 25,000 people voted and 80% chose black or white as their favorite color. The results are in order:
1st Black: 9,980 or 39.7%.
2nd White: 9,650 or 38.5%.
3rd Grey: 2,060 or 8.1%.
4th Red: 1,842 or 7.3%.
5th Green: 1,592 or 6.3%.

Too bad I kinda' liked some of those other colors.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I really do hope they sell all the colors though because I don't want a white or black revolution, I want a Platinum colored revolution. They say it's grey but it's actually Platinum, I hope. If it doesn't look platinum, then I'll get the red one.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I have had an unusual amount of time on my hands lately...

MajinLink it's very unlikely we will see any other colors especially since IGN said they would give the results to Nintendo. And Nintendo creating its own poll? Don't expect the results to differ greatly. New colors will probably show later much like with the DS. It's always possible we will get a wide selection of colors just implausible.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
there are over 250 colors..........thats alot of choices.
There are actually an unlimited number of colors.

256 is only the limit of colors on many computer pictures, but that doesn't mean that it applies to real life.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yes, color is determined by wavelength(light is a wave). SInce the wavelength can have decimals, there are thus an inifinte number of wavelengths/colors that we can see.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Please, just stop. The next line in the argument will go something like, 'but there aren't an infinite number of possiblities, everything is finite' and this topic will move from talking about the colour the revolution will be available in to a discussion on the existance of infinity.

ON TOPIC. I'm seriously considering a lime green console if at all possible. It wouldn't fit in with anything in my room, but it would just be so **** sexy.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
i said there is more than 250 colors.....i was right. the end.

Also, i will be getting the lime green REVO as well......and my orange GCN contoller will look nice conected to it.

Top Bottom