• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Shame that i missed the color debate. but I'll spew my piece anyway.
actually since color is perceived in the mind, there is only a finite set of colors that the human eye is designed to perceive. Wavelengths may be able to be divided into decimals but that doesn't mean a human eye can discern such a minescule difference.

But what's with all this lime green guys? Lime green is bad for your Feng shui if you can't have anything to match it. Since most entertainment centers are either wood-patterned or black, I'd say it's best to go with something that matches those, (i.e. black/white/ dark green) Lime green is just too flashy to blend in with almost ANY general surrounding, so you'll end up with gloucoma from looking at it in such stark contrast.

Still my pick of color is white, for the ethereal beauty of a Nintendangel (the mythical beast with six horns and Mick Jagger for a tail)

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Qwester said:
Please, just stop. The next line in the argument will go something like, 'but there aren't an infinite number of possiblities, everything is finite' and this topic will move from talking about the colour the revolution will be available in to a discussion on the existance of infinity.
Ever take math class? You learn that some things, like numbers, can go on to infinity.

Just saying.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
But what's with all this lime green guys? Lime green is bad for your Feng shui if you can't have anything to match it. Since most entertainment centers are either wood-patterned or black, I'd say it's best to go with something that matches those, (i.e. black/white/ dark green) Lime green is just too flashy to blend in with almost ANY general surrounding, so you'll end up with gloucoma from looking at it in such stark contrast.
Man, who cares about contrasts and matches with general surroundings. I'm with Qwester here, I want the lime green revo here even though it doesn't suit anything around it where it's going to go, simply because its sextronic. I showed my sister the other colours that it's coming in, and she thinks that the red revo is also sexy. I'll get either one of those colours if I can, most probably the lime green.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
im sad. my friends will by a revo control to play the games ill get for the revo. but they wont buy a revo for them selves becaues they want a PS3 for FF7(remixed).

my smash friends wont be my friends after this.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
im sad. my friends will by a revo control to play the games ill get for the revo. but they wont buy a revo for them selves becaues they want a PS3 for FF7(remixed).

my smash friends wont be my friends after this.
Well, you can tell them that FFVII isn't coming out for PS3. The demonstration at E3 was a tech demo.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
its is coming out for PS3. it was a tech demo at 1st but it really is coming out. im just sad that my clan members decided to drop me for cloud..........my hair is more spiky than his and yet they still leave me.

EDIT1: ill go find the link where i saw that FF7 is coming out for PS3.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
"Well, if the team were to decide to remake the game for PS3 with that level of quality," says FFVII director Yoshinori Kitase, "we'd have to hire 300 people and it would take about five years." - From EGM Vol. 196

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
im still looking for the interview. ill find it soon. only 3 more wesites to look through. but to get back on subject........will any of yall draw/tattoo your REVO? like put stickers or stuff on it?

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
well the fact that he bought a PSP was enough said....

Ill put a few BAWLS stickers on my revo and mabe a Maxx 300 or Keep On Movin' sticker as well.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't put stickers on anything, usually because a) I tend to misplace them (I can't put them on where i want them to go) and b) because it usually looks stupid later. I don't even put stickers on memory cards.

Plus in general the value of something automatically goes down once the sticker is on it, unless of course it's autographed or something. So that kills your chances of selling something or just having something that's worth it.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
The Great Marth said:
im still looking for the interview. ill find it soon. only 3 more wesites to look through. but to get back on subject........will any of yall draw/tattoo your REVO? like put stickers or stuff on it?
No.

That'd look ugly.

I'm going to get all my next-gen consoles in white or pink, on the off chance that any of the three companies decide to make any pink consoles.

Of course, I'm still thinking I'm probably not going to get the PS3. It just doesn't seem worth it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I have a Smash sticker on my memory card, because I have two other brothers with their own memory cards, and we figured it was the best way to distinguish between them.

It has Pikachu on it.

Chaos_Link

Smash Cadet
from what i know and seen this controller is supposed to improve in FPS but that has not been proven i hope other companies create normal controllers just in case if people have a hard time using this one or maybe a multicontroller that lets u insert your nintendo controller into the revolution with a certain plug that would be awesome. reply if u are confused by what i think on the controller issue

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Stickers suck. I'll probably go with Blacik or White. I don't particularly like the colours....although if they make a darker shade of Green, I'm there.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I'd be interested in a light shade of matellic blue... something like that Pearl color they just made for DS. Otherwise, Platinum works.

Chaos_Link

Smash Cadet
the colors i have seen from the nintendo website of america are
Black
Platiumn
White
Lime Green
Red
These colors are not current i got these at like 9/02/05

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If I do get one when it comes out, it'll be white to match my 360. If I ever get a PS3 it'll probably be white too. I don't like black consoles, and the white usually looks very pretty if you keep it nice and clean.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You know what would be an insanely awesome color? The Ice Blue Gameboy Pocket they made. It was limited edition, but I definitely have one. The shade of blue is so cool it's unbelievable.

It looks better in real life, because's it's metallic and stuff. I'd go with that color over any other anyday.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
McFox said:
You know what would be an insanely awesome color? The Ice Blue Gameboy Pocket they made. It was limited edition, but I definitely have one. The shade of blue is so cool it's unbelievable.

*Images removed because hey... theyre RIGHT ^ THERE!*

It looks better in real life, because's it's metallic and stuff. I'd go with that color over any other anyday.
Agreed.

But since its turned to gameboy colors, I personally like the look of the Arctic GBA. A Clear-ish type color for the revolution would be pretty sweet. But not as sweet as Ice Blue.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I can't stand those clear colors. For controllers or handhelds, I can't imagine what a whole console would look like clear. The opaque Ice Blue kicks @$$.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
The translucent green color of the X-Box is pretty dang seckzee... I imagine a Nintendo Console would look freakin' sweet with some sort of translucent color, but they probably won't do it so we won't see the magic little elves inside it running the machine... Now I'm wondering if I should have put sarcastic tags around that last part...

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
I am really surprised that Nintendo didn't make a blue Revolution in the pictures. Blue is a really cool console color that is unfortunately never really used. Except of course in handhelds: my Electric blue DS and McFox's Ice blue GBP!

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Cashed said:
If I do get one when it comes out, it'll be white to match my 360. If I ever get a PS3 it'll probably be white too. I don't like black consoles, and the white usually looks very pretty if you keep it nice and clean.

Black consoles are good because they match the color of my heart after it has been destroyed by this materialistic Abercrombie and Fitch Jock Preppy teenage life.

Just kidding but I do like black colored consoles the best.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nintendo released the N64 in several opaque colors in the final years of the console's life, and they were pretty nifty.

Most TVs, VCRs, Stereos, etc. are darker colors, as is with my entertainment setup, so I'd have to go with black. The white would just draw too much attention to itself. It'd stick out. Not that I think the white color is ugly. It just wouldn't mesh with most traditional setups. Know anybody with a white TV, VCR, or DVD player? Didn't think so.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Giygas said:
Nintendo released the N64 in several opaque colors in the final years of the console's life, and they were pretty nifty.

Most TVs, VCRs, Stereos, etc. are darker colors, as is with my entertainment setup, so I'd have to go with black. The white would just draw too much attention to itself. It'd stick out. Not that I think the white color is ugly. It just wouldn't mesh with most traditional setups. Know anybody with a white TV, VCR, or DVD player? Didn't think so.
My DVD player, TV, and VCR all have a grey or platinum casing around them. This is the reason I chose to get the Platinum GCN when it came out. But now I want a Platinum Revolution, they better had release it too or I'm going to be VERY angry. I don't want a white Revolution because it's gonna stand out too much and a black one would just look... it wouldn't look right.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The Great Marth said:
well i might give my revo to "pimp my console" and they can make it look cool for me.
ANd what would they do to it? Make a fold out disk wallet? Put a built in coaster? Giveit a different skin? They can only do some superfucial add-ons. Tech My COnsole would be a different matter. Giving it a web browser for instance.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Personally all the colors look good to me except green. That is probably the ugliest green they could've picked. Red wouldnt match anything. So i think im stuck with white, black or platinum.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
Osco316 said:
Yeah but the iPod is white and everyone knows that the iPod is the standard for cool.
*Off Topic*

Don't forget the rainbow that WAS Ipod Mini. Soon to be totally replaced with the Ipod Nano (which comes in white OR black). It all has to do with the fact that Microsoft patented the design/idea/whatever of the Ipod, meaning Apple has to pay royalties to Microsoft whenever they sell an MP3 player with the patented technology in it. Way to stick it to 'em Microsoft. Not that I don't see the uses of a Mac, but the uses are just as accomplishable on a PC, and PCs can play games... GLORIOUS GAMES! And don't say "Yeah well, Macs can play Blizzard games!" I mean, really, who cares... so can a PC, along with every other game a Mac can't. Besides, World of Warcraft is a sub par RPG. It has great graphics, and a decent interface, but overall, its WAAYY behind such great MMORPGs as Everquest and Ultima Online.

*On Topic*

A black Revolution would be pretty sweet lookin', but so would a white. I mean, wouldn't you WANT the Revolution to stand out? Who cares about color scheme. The Revolution is a STATEMENT! and should stand out like that word just did. Besides, we all know the only people who are really going to see it anyway is yourself, and whatever gamer friends you have over. Nobody else visits a gamer's house unless they're a gamer. Face it, its a natural "normal people" deterant.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
ChRed2AKrisp said:
Except a white or Platinum Revo doesn't stand out, since those are the colors of the 360 and PS3.
If you have a 360 or PS3... then yeah, it wouldn't stand out as much. But otherwise, by itself, it would stand out. I personally don't care for Sony or MS's consoles or the way they're going with their games. A lot of Sony's games just suck. They get a lot of quantity over quality. Occasionally they get something good, but not often compared to how much crap their is. XBox, all it has is Halo. Thats IT! The Xbox would be dead by now if they didn't have Halo and Halo 2. Microsoft is gonna ride that Halo bus as long as they can and hope that by the time it stops, that they've come up with something good. Otherwise, the console will die. Thats not the point though, and don't get all offended and start posting good stuff they have and bad stuff Nintendo has... we all know whats there, and it can be argued both ways. Not to mention, the PS3 and Xbox 360 will cost buttloads more. I'll be getting a revolution first before I get any of the other two. Thats for sure.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Vir_Iratus said:
\Not that I don't see the uses of a Mac, but the uses are just as accomplishable on a PC, and PCs can play games... GLORIOUS GAMES! And don't say "Yeah well, Macs can play Blizzard games!" I mean, really, who cares... so can a PC, along with every other game a Mac can't.
You seem to be forgetting that Macs are better computers.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Macs are actually more suitable for graphics design and such. They make some of the most beautiful monitors, their mice are generally move sensetive than Microsoft ones, etc. Really, unless you're a PC gamer, a mac is perfectly fine.

Top Bottom