• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Vir_Iratus said:
XBox, all it has is Halo. Thats IT! The Xbox would be dead by now if they didn't have Halo and Halo 2. Microsoft is gonna ride that Halo bus as long as they can and hope that by the time it stops, that they've come up with something good. Otherwise, the console will die. Thats not the point though, and don't get all offended and start posting good stuff they have and bad stuff Nintendo has... we all know whats there, and it can be argued both ways. Not to mention, the PS3 and Xbox 360 will cost buttloads more. I'll be getting a revolution first before I get any of the other two. Thats for sure.
1) Xbox has more than Halo.
2) The Rev's price was announced? You know for certain the 360 and PS3 will cost "buttloads" more?

Don't be such a fanboy.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
no its a well known fact that halo1/2 was what made people get an xbox. if those games never came out.....xbox would not be where it is now.

and the rev price HAS NOT been announced.

and im pretty sure as well a PS3 will cost "buttloads" more than revo. the premium 360 will cost alot more than revo but not "buttloads".

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
The Halo series did cause many people to buy an XBOX but the XBOX has more than just Halo. The point is the games did come out and Microsoft has had success with it. Also they made the best online server out of all three which helped them more.

Also, please use the shift key when posting, thanks.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
going back to the color issue, i wonder why the gamecube purple wasn't a choice in there i think a revo that matches my cube would be very sweet, but i will probobly go with the white because like osco said white is the color of ipod and ipod is the epitimy of cool... but yeah metalic purple that would be pimpin would it not?

beckhamisaqueer

Smash Cadet
^

[sarcasm] What a well-thought out post! I wish everyone could post that intelligently. I love his reasoning. "WTF that controller sux!1!!1!1" I wish I could write so delicately. [/Sarcasm]

Honestly man, you only have three posts and you have earned the reputation of a *******. Well, you can hope that not too many people read that.....

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Legendaryhero said:
going back to the color issue, i wonder why the gamecube purple wasn't a choice in there i think a revo that matches my cube would be very sweet, but i will probobly go with the white because like osco said white is the color of ipod and ipod is the epitimy of cool... but yeah metalic purple that would be pimpin would it not?
Because nobody would keep their GameCube when the Revolution can play their GCN games.

It's spelled "Epitome."

No it wouldn't.

Bailey69 said:
Dude! That freaking controller sucks! It's the gayest thing I have ever seen WTF! Its like a TV remote that's just stupid nitendo should be ashamed! How can you play Melee 3 on it god that sucks!
I would tell you why you're a moron, but I don't think I really need to say anything for everyone to figure it out.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
we could take bets to see how long his current account lasts before he gets banned.
i'm gonna be going with a black REv, the blue light on black just looks so secksy. As wonderful as iWhite is, i just don't want to be playing what looks like a MacMini.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Resting_Fox said:
Still my pick of color is white, for the ethereal beauty of a Nintendangel (the mythical beast with six horns and Mick Jagger for a tail)
LMAO

...Mick Jagger....lol

Anywho, I would probably pick Black or White...they're both so secksy, but black would show the dust a lot more...as I discovered with my black gamecube...and computer...and lamp...and clock radio...and other lamp....but at least it would match :p...and white would show more dirt...green is ok too, but not as cool...but black looks so extra-shiny...*sigh*

I think the white...

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Hmm, I wonder if the blue light will be changing between the system colors as well? It may just be me, but blue on green just doesn't look good, perhaps worse with red.

Looking more into this, selling the same color console with a different color of light may be something. It's definitely not practical from a marketing standpoint, but I don't believe I'm the only one who would find a red light flowing from a black rev to be awesome.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Omnigamer said:
Hmm, I wonder if the blue light will be changing between the system colors as well? It may just be me, but blue on green just doesn't look good, perhaps worse with red.

Looking more into this, selling the same color console with a different color of light may be something. It's definitely not practical from a marketing standpoint, but I don't believe I'm the only one who would find a red light flowing from a black rev to be awesome.
rofl, not going to happen.

anyway, i heard they are in the works of another kid icarus game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
False.

They are considering doing a KI game. It hasn't been started. Or if it has, nobody knows about it. Either way, what you heard was a rumor.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Fierce Deity Vegeta said:
Anywho, I would probably pick Black or White...they're both so secksy, but black would show the dust a lot more...as I discovered with my black gamecube...and computer...and lamp...and clock radio...and other lamp....but at least it would match :p
:laugh:

Oh man, that made my day. But yeah, anyone knows if they are going to release all the color on the same day?

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Different color lights would still be really gosu though. That stuff is hardcore nerd gold.

kaid

Smash Master
Something just occured to me...

Pull out your WaveBird, if you have one. Grab the Reciever for it.

Now hold it up to the screen, and try to imagine plugging it... into this: (Note: in this pic, it would be pointing down)

At first I though just the curved section on the WB Reciever would make it impossible, but there's a bit of standoff on it, so that's not a problem. I do see an issue of squeezing the short end of the reciever into place without breaking the Rev's hatch, though... it looks like there's less than a CM separating the bottom of the controller port and the hatch cover.

If you can't use Wavebirds with this system, that, to my mind, implies that the wireless Rev controller can be used to handle Cube games. (with Shell or without... I promoted the idea of a Shell-less format a few pages ago, but I'm not going to repeat the idea again...)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Dork. The curved bit of the controller slot? Thats at the BOTTOM of the input bit. The Wavebird reciever will be pointing downwards on that pic. Not into the cover.

kaid

Smash Master
I know that... I even said, "The short end" of the recever.

It just looks to me like the WB takes more space, EVEN with the short end, than the Rev *Prototype* has room to support. And I offered a bit of speculation at the end.

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
maybe the revolution will already have a built in feature, similar to the new controllers wireless feature, that will pick up on the wavebirds signal.

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
KiraYamato said:
maybe the revolution will already have a built in feature, similar to the new controllers wireless feature, that will pick up on the wavebirds signal.
Sounds like a good possibility to me...

I knew people would get mad at what I said before, but it seemed most of the people got lost in the semantics and what the meaning of "buttloads" is. Depends on where you're coming from I guess, but to me, anything over a 50 dollar difference would be a buttload extra compared to what the Rev might cost. I mean, thats the cost of a new game, and to me thats a pretty big gap. I HIGHLY doubt that the Revolution will be within' 50 dollars of the price of the PS3 and 360. This isn't just fanboy speaking Cashed... everyone knows how much PS2s were selling for on Ebay and in stores when it first came out, and how much it actually ended up being worth. Especially with how easy it broke down and the fact that Sony's PS products have a bad tendency to break easily (whether or not they did that intentionally, I'm not gonna get into it) Even now you can get a new GC for 50 bucks less than a PS2 or Xbox (unless they have some sort of special etc. etc.).

Given how greedy MS is, I would have to say they're more than likely to be selling the 360 for a much higher price than the Rev. Its not being a fanboy to say that the Rev will most likely sell for a lot cheaper. You don't have to know what the announced price is to give a good educated guess that the Nintendo system will be lower in price than the other two. Nintendo has said plenty of times before that they try to make their profit through their game titles, rather than the system. While initially, the price will likely be high for all three systems, they'll eventually slope down to the point where they're being sold at cost practically.

As far as the games go, I know they have good games for all of the systems. XBox has Halo, but I seriously doubt the integrity of the coming games since MS bought Bungie and removed their soul, and by soul, I mean they got rid of the good developers who were around when Myth was made. Their replacements couldn't possibly be as good as the original Bungie developers. regardless, it may flop, it may succeed, either way, so far its been a really fun FPS. PS2 boasts Final Fantasy games, along with all the other PS ones. Making it, to me, worth owning, since I absolutely LOVE Final Fantasy. They also have Kingdom Hearts, and I don't know about you, but I LOVE the first, and I can't wait for the second. GC has loads of great titles, and thats enough for me.

Hope that clarifies some of what I meant earlier. I'm pretty sure most all of you have it in the back of your minds that the Rev will be cheaper, and its not being a fanboy to admit it.

P.S. The computer wars suck. MS is greedy, has some shotty products e.g. can get viruses, but they can play/run almost all software and games. The Macs, while visually more appealing physically as well as graphically, can't play that many games. A big no-no in my book. Not to mention, Apple is also a greedy money grubbing company. Just look at their iPods. Would they tell you they're going to be releasing a new version of their iPods, making them worth more, but still sell them for the same price? No. Some people were probably still buying 4th gen black and white 20 gig iPods right up to the release of the 20 gig color iPods for the same price. If they were to release a next generation, they would still be selling all their old iPods off at the same price, knowing good and well that their value will drop in a matter of days. And as far as a mouse goes, you can always get the logitech mouse. Costs near 70 bucks, but it certainly rocks, and it comes with a wireless keyboard. Or just buy it by itself... w/e. For now, I'll just stick with the one that suits my wants/needs. And a PC does both. A Mac can only do one.

kaid

Smash Master
KiraYamato said:
That is also a possibility, thank you Kira.

Possibly a software interface for WB channel switching? [humor]I don't see one of those channel dials on it...[/humor]

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
The revolution will most likely be "buttloads" cheaper than the 360. Nintendo has stated that they are shooting for a $200 launch.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Nintendo has not yet shown what the charger will look like so IGN has created mock-ups for the charge cradle. When plugged in the four lights light up to show how much charge a controller has. Remember these are only mock-ups.

And the cradle for multiple controller households.

I like the idea of showing how much they have charged. Nintendo should use that.

Best101

Smash Ace
I like the way the Revolution looks, but not the controllers. I'll use my old GC controller with the Rev. But still I would like to use a new controller. I wonder if the discs will be small

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Nintendo said they will be using your regular sized discs not the mini ones, though they both will go into the same slot.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Question: Does anyone know what that little..... panel thing on the console is? It's between the power and eject button and when you look at the horizontal picture it's underneath the blue disc insertion deely.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
forblaze71 said:
Question: Does anyone know what that little..... panel thing on the console is? It's between the power and eject button and when you look at the horizontal picture it's underneath the blue disc insertion deely.
It's the bay for SD cards.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
and how much can a SD card hold? and how much are the SD cards?

and what if the revo mem fills up......do u just rely on the SD cards?

Vir_Iratus

Smash Ace
The Great Marth said:
and how much can a SD card hold? and how much are the SD cards?

and what if the revo mem fills up......do u just rely on the SD cards?
No, you do not rely on the SD cards. The Rev was announced to have 512 MB of built in Flash memory, which as far as game data goes, lets look at it this way. The 64MB memory card for the Gamecube was broken up into 1019 (I think thats the number, more if not that) "blocks" of memory. The Memory inside the Revolution should be enough to save loads of game data, plus hold close to a dozen N64 games. Or it could hold game data and a few hundred NES or SNES games (assuming they re-release that many, which I doubt) with a few N64 games. Either way, you get the point. SD cards nowadays can get up to 1 gig of memory (if not more, haven't checked stores lately). The most common size would be 128 MB or 256 MB. For a little extra, you can match the Rev's built in memory capacity of 512 MB in SD form. Meaning you could have backups of all your data, or transfer it to a friends house. I doubt people will be filling up their memory TOO fast. 512 MB is a LOT of space as far as save game data goes. You can still save loads of game data even with all the original games you can download. As far as the price goes for an SD card, I think you can get a 512 MB SD card for approximately 60 - 70 dollars. Thats a steal compared to how much you could pay for the 64 MB memory card for the GC. It cost 20 dollars doesn't it? meaning in order to match the amount of space you get on a 512 MB SD card, you would have to buy 8 64 MB gc cards. The cost of storage is going down, so don't worry. The expense you put into saving game data will be even less than it was before.

BETA

Smash Ace
The Great Marth said:
just about all the nintendo systems were released at about $199. so maybe rev will follow.
Keep in mind that the GB Color started at $100, the GBA started at $100, the GBA SP started at $100, and the GB Micro is starting at $100. The DS started at $150. See a pattern? I wouldn't be surprised if the Rev started at $250 or $300.

To those still whining about the controller, it's the PS2 and XBOX360 controllers that disappoint me. This is the first generation in which Sony has added NOTHING significant to their controllers (Wireless standard is NOT going to change my enjoyment of a game -_-). This is only Microsoft's second generation, but you'd think they'd be more creative.

Take a look:
8-Bit gen: D-Pads are introduced.
16-Bit: Shoulder buttons.
32-Bit: (Sony) Extra shoulder buttons.
64-Bit: Analog stick, rumble introduced.
128-Bit: (Sony) Another analog stick.
New gen: Wireless... See, that's not going to enhance the games at all!

red_samus3956

Smash Cadet
The only problem that i would have with the controller, is if i got it mixed up with my real TV controller. But anywho, i think this is going to be a great console, and Nintendo is atually telling the truth, unlike Sony, in which there saying the PS3 is going to be 200 some times faster than the PS2! If you would see, the PS2 was pretty fast to start out.

The wireless standard controller is a great idea (not to mention the great colors!). And not to mention price, but, if the rumor is true about the PS3's price ($450!!) and the price for the 360 (i think $350...) and the Revolution's price, which is somwhere from $150-200, i'd much get the Rev. for 2 ressons, one reasson, i love Nintendo, and the other, i'm poor.

If the Rev. can play DVD's, that will be a big plus, considering that no DVD ruined the Dreamcast (in my opinion). And also, is there any news, on MP3 or CD places on the Rev?

And, how can Nintendo not allow 56k internet accesablities on the Rev? (you know, for us poor people!) Online gaming on the Rev. will be great, but if you have to pay $50 a month for the internet that the Rev can play on, then no one will play it!

I heard about backwards capabilities, and, will it enhance gameplay on the Rev, (eg: better graphics, sound, and all that.)? I would want to know if the Rev will actually take the disc's before, i shove them in the console....

Some things on the Rev really look cool, espessialy the colors, like, yellow. And the fact you can download SNES games on it! Finally, you can play Metroid on your television again!! And, if Nintendo, will let us 56k users play the rev online, then i'm sold...

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
when i said that the systems were 199$ i ment the CONSOLES not dumb handhelds. but i must have not made myself clear....that is my fault.

and i think that the DVD playback for the revo is good and all but DVD thing is old now. u can go buy a dvd player for 29 buck at walmart. that dvd function should have been on the cube,in my opinion.

and 56k can go online with the revo. believe it or not....GAMEFAQS..........there are a few people on there that know how.

red_samus3956

Smash Cadet
Weel, if your talking about consoles, than, the GC was $150 when it came out, the NES, if im not mistaken was $185 ad im not sure about the N64, but i think about $150, so can't YOU see the pattern?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i thought the n64 started at $130, GC started at $150. i bought it about half a year after it came out, and that's what i got it for.

Top Bottom