• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL. Well, yes, there's new shipments coming in all over, but they get gobbled up before I get a chance or arrive later than I can visit.

Anyway, there IS lag in the pointer, I know I've seen it in videos and I KNOW for SURE I felt it when I was playing Zelda.
if this was the software, then it can be resolved in later games.
Maybe I'm super perceptive and can pick up on this lag while most others don't notice...?

However, despite my complaints, the Wiimote felt amazing and while it will certaily have a learning curve, it was instantly gratifying and more fun than traditional controllers, and I can feel the learning curve will be worth it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Aaaaaah, the cursor in ZELDA. I did notice something. Not 'lag' per se, but I did notice that it would respond to movements unless they were...more obvious? I mean, I can't barely move it and have the cursor move. I have to do some serious moving.

[Edit:]

Some news for you people concerning the state of Nintendo's online plan:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/04/reggie-wii-online-games-in-q2-2007/

The link to the actual source is in the article, if you don't trust joystiq.

Q2....ugh.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I take it back. It's not lag persay. It's more like they've set a a relationship between the speed of your swing and the cursor. The faster you swing, the more noticeably it slows. Now I think its the software, no the processing, but i'm not sure whether it's deliberate slowness(keeps the cursor more steaddy and prevents it from flying all over the place) or just an inefficient design.

edit: that makes me mad. He said there would be an online game in like January 06, or at least Q1, just a bit ago. Now he's saying they're not going to be even announced until Q1?

Interesting though. If it's anything big, they wouyld have been announced a long time ago...unless they're taking previously announced games and telling us they're online.

MP3 anyone?

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I so badly want my Wii!!!!!!!!
You can tell by my sig that I still don't have one yet.
I can barely wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
complaining will get you nowhere, besides many people dont have wiis just wait till the next shipment before the holidays.......probably.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I just hope I can get one on Christmas or at least before this year ends............my local game store doesn't have one yet so I'll have to go through the pain of looking for one!

Sensai

Smash Master
So I'm compiling my Xmas list...any suggestions?

Already have Zelda and 2 remotes, with 1 Nunchuck.

-------------------

Also, I highly HIGHLY expect MP3 to be online.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Depends on your tastes. DO you have lots of friends? :p Super monkey ball might be a good choice. Anime fighters? DBZ: BT2 FPS? I personally like Red Steel and its multiplayer, but if you only care about single player CoD3 might be good. It all depends.

Also, I personally think that you might want a nunchuck with all your controllers. Sorry, but most of the really good games (and the ones I recommended) require one. Not sure if monkey ball needs one (don't think so) and most of Wii sports doesn't though, so you might be fine. Excite truck, the only big one I can think of that doesn't use it, is only two player, so that doesn't matter.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Man, why can't Smooth Moves come out before X-Mas? This means I'll have to go out and buy it myself. But yeah, if you get a lot of money on Christmas, get that. It comes out mid-January :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So I'm compiling my Xmas list...any suggestions?

Already have Zelda and 2 remotes, with 1 Nunchuck.

-------------------

Also, I highly HIGHLY expect MP3 to be online.
Er, I recommend another Nunchuk since most game require it. That's assuming you can actually find some...

As far as Wii games, I would recommend either Rayman Raving Rabbids or Monkeyball as a party/multiplayer game. Personally, I'd go with Rayman Raving Rabbids, but it's up to you...

Plain old money is good too. You can save up to buy Wii Play when it comes out and get another Nunchuk to match the free Remote. Huzzah.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Wii related question: I went to a gaming cafe so I could use their router to get onto the Wii Shop Channel. Now i'm home and my Wii isn't hooked up to the internet. The thing is that now the light on my console is always orange instead of red. Why is it that my Wii is on standby mode when i'm not even connected to the internet, and if anyone knows how I can get the console to just turn off like normally, please let me know.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You probably already have all the Wii games worth getting. Might I suggest Castlevania for the DS? If you dont have one, I would just buy stuff off the VC for now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wii related question: I went to a gaming cafe so I could use their router to get onto the Wii Shop Channel. Now i'm home and my Wii isn't hooked up to the internet. The thing is that now the light on my console is always orange instead of red. Why is it that my Wii is on standby mode when i'm not even connected to the internet, and if anyone knows how I can get the console to just turn off like normally, please let me know.
You have to go into the Options menu and turn WiiConnect24 off. There isn't a real danger in leaving it on unless you keep the Wii in a poorly ventilated area. Otherwise, just unplug it altogether.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah, RocketTrainer beat me to your question, Primus.

I forgot to mention that I have Monkey Ball. Sorry.

Anyways here's my list so far:

Red Steel
Excite Truck (this is the one that I'm not 100% sure on)
Elebits (I'M A LOSER!)

Another controller
Nunchuck (maybe 2, so I can have 3/3)

/end

I'm not a big anime guy, nor a WWII guy. Nor sports, actually....

And jeah, the lack of Wii Play and Wario really saddens me...but, my birthday is in January. :-D

BTW, I'm starting to fool around with the Photo Channel, meaning I'll be adding some pictures/movies/songs to screw around with.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Well, how do I turn it off? Every time I click WiiConnect24 in the options, it says:

"You must configuere internet settings to perform a Wii system update"

Do I even have the option of turning it off? My interent connection settings have been completely cleared. There is no connection at all. I just don't know how to turn WiiConnect24 off.

Sensai or Rockettrainer, I could use your help on this one. One +rep for the first person to help me.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I got it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Cashed:

It's kinda up in the air, honestly. We've heard yes, we've heard no, we've heard a Nintendo guy himself say that it was going to be online (only to have PR step in and say that that wasn't confirmed yet or something). I honestly dunno...

Lemme check...
/looks

Well, I can't find anything anywhere....recent. It's from May. [edit: Now that I think about it, they were still pushing for a launch game, and that's why they said this. More later.]

IGN Wii: Will Metroid Prime 3 feature an online mode?

Kensuke Tanabe: No, we have only single-player. I have also produced Prime Hunters and for that game I tried to use the Wi-Fi Connection for multiplayer. For Prime 3, I would like to concentrate more on the single-player so I decided not to implement multiplayer for Prime 3. As you know, Wii will have Connect 24, so we are thinking more about the possibility of using that functionality so that the player can get something.

AHA! Found it! Keep in mind, this is in September, after MP3 has been delayed; now they actually have time for online: BTW, this man is the UK General Manager for Nintendo.

IGN: How will social networking be handled? Will there be anonymous friend codes like on the DS network, or will users be able to choose recognisable IDs like on Xbox Live?

David Yarnton: More details on that will come out closer to launch. But you will be able to play online, so for example with Metroid you will be able to play against friends online… [editor's note: at this point the Nintendo PR rep steps in to assert that Metroid has not been confirmed for online play].
I'd also like to point out that in the entire interview, IGN says NOTHING about Metroid at all. That was coming completely from the Nintendo guy.

Also...IGN loves/loved Elebits in their small amount of hands on. Yay!

[Edit 2:]

It becomes apparent to me that I have no idea what I'm doing in the photo channel. I got pictures to work fine, but it says it only takes QuickTime movies....meaning, what?

What extension (dot what)?

And my MP3 didn't work, period. No idea. Any help/tips would be great.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I didn't get an answer in the Broom, but how often are the adding games to the Virtual Console and what games are playable online?

This is a huge thing for me as if I get a Wii, my roommate(s) will be mostly playing 360 on MY HD TV so I'd need something to occupy my time.

Sensai

Smash Master
Until the end of the year, every Monday will see the release of a few VC games.

No online games until Q2 of 'o7, as was announced yesterday by president of NOA Reggie Fils-Aime.

Man...am I always on these forums? I need sleep.../mumble mumble.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I see. Will they release games for all 3 virtual consoles or just selected ones each week. And you said until the end of the year, what after that?

No online games till then isn't SO bad as that's about when I was planning to make my purchase.

Thanks.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
No online games till then isn't SO bad as that's about when I was planning to make my purchase.
Meanwhile some of us have already made the purchase...

The VC release are fairly random. The only system with just one game on it is the 64. Other systems have a more than a few titles right now. You can find release dates on IGNs Wii channel. Kirby's coming out this month and will probably be my first purchase. I feel a little ripped off though because PS1 games are selling for $6.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
True. But by then the catalogue may rival the 360s.

Now are they putting their entire back library on the Wii, top sellers, or what?

I guess I'll check IGN's channel to answer that. I just kinda wanted some obscure games that I enjoye. Blast Corps comes to mind because I had no idea what to do but it was **** fun.

Nite

Smash Champion
I was really looking forward to some online games sometime in the near futurre. I was really suprised that Red Steel was not. I don't know though, maybe it is just too early for Launch title wifi games. Red Steel would've been cool though. I am just wondering what games will be wifi.

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm guessing with VC they're going with a list of top sellers and also dark horses that were amazing but nobody bought (think Beyond Good and Evil).

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I was really looking forward to some online games sometime in the near futurre. I was really suprised that Red Steel was not. I don't know though, maybe it is just too early for Launch title wifi games. Red Steel would've been cool though. I am just wondering what games will be wifi.

Nintendo has said pokemon battle revolution and super smash bros brawl will be online and probably wifi.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
CK, it's not just 3 VCs, it's also the Sega Genesis and so far Hudson TurboGrafx16(go 5 player Bomberman 93!)

anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asY_I8y6C0M&eurl=

SOme guys have The wii mote tilt functions down, and this guy plays half-life 2 with it.

note: There is no pointer feature right now, so you have to aim by rolling left and right and so forth, so crouching is moved to the one putton, though you can jump by flicking upwards.

Once they get the pointer though, we can see reload moved to the Wii mote(shake it) and the crouch moved to take the reloads place. Plus MUCH better aiming.

Woohoo!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
CK, it's not just 3 VCs, it's also the Sega Genesis and so far Hudson TurboGrafx16(go 5 player Bomberman 93!)
I wouldn't buy them. Gametap has Genesis and TurboGrafix as well and I already pay a monthly fee for those. I'd just get the VC stuff for Nintendo games.

Also, Beyond Good and Evil was a GCN game and I don't think they'd have the bandwidth to put that on.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Interesting video, ChRed, I can't wait until they get support with the sensor bar and get all the bugs worked out...if they can do this, then I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of non-Nintendo fans out there who buy a Wii-remote and sensor bar for their PC just to play their favorite FPS with the Wii-remote.

Pretty awesome, if you ask me.

Sensai

Smash Master
Crimson King said:
I see. Will they release games for all 3 virtual consoles or just selected ones each week. And you said until the end of the year, what after that?
I don't know. No one knows. That's kinda the whole Wii thing, actually. 'We'll tell you later, mumble mumble.'

Crimson King said:
Now are they putting their entire back library on the Wii, top sellers, or what?

I guess I'll check IGN's channel to answer that. I just kinda wanted some obscure games that I enjoye. Blast Corps comes to mind because I had no idea what to do but it was **** fun.
I think it'll be a bit of both, honestly. Also, as whoever up higher on this page said, it'll probably be also for games that were golden but never got the respect they deserved (although they won't be GC games, as far as I know. I suppose it could happen, but I think Nintendo's already said something implying a no-no for this).

Nite said:
The first game that will use online is Konami's 'Elebits' (hell yes, you heard me!). It's not much, but you can send in game pictures (I think) and custom levels to your friends. The first game that ACTIVELY uses online, however, is Pokemon Battle Revolution. Also, it is to be noted that neither of these are confirmed online for the US yet. Elebits has the online and such working, but Nintendo hasn't made the WiiConnect24 system work with it yet.

Brawl has NOT been confirmed for online.

Battalion Wars II was said to be using wireless LAN by IGN, which would be REALLY cool, IMO.

And yes, that video is using an application called GlovePIE. Here's the link for the page if you really want to keep up with it and maybe even DL it (am I allowed to do this? Just get rid of this last part if I'm not):
http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie

Sensai

Smash Master
I don't think so, haha. Just ignore him.

He's like the drunk uncle that comes over at Christmas that drops off the presents and then leaves, never to be talked about again.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
just a few questions:

when is the release date for brawl, mario galaxy, and any other cool games, i'm guessing they'll come out about the same time.

i bought an SD card for my wii but it's only good for pics and video's, i thought it was good for saving and transfering data. i herd that you have to go online and do something before you can use the card like that but i don't have it online yet.

whats the deal w/ the component cables, when are they comming out and how much are they gonna be?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
After 344 pages and hundreds of locked topics, you think they'd add a Nintendo Wii sub forum or something...

Just an idea. >>

Lucas, no one knows the release date for any of those cool games... well, at least SSBB. I haven't checked SMG yet.

SD's are good for pics and music (in some games) if you haven't updated your Wii out of the box. The first update you'll download will let you have memory management options with the SD card.

As for component cables, I'm not one to ask.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
just a few questions:

when is the release date for brawl, mario galaxy, and any other cool games, i'm guessing they'll come out about the same time.

i bought an SD card for my wii but it's only good for pics and video's, i thought it was good for saving and transfering data. i herd that you have to go online and do something before you can use the card like that but i don't have it online yet.

whats the deal w/ the component cables, when are they comming out and how much are they gonna be?
All the games you listed have NO official date. Super Mario Galaxy is rumored to be released sometime in March 2007. I think the Japan release is around March 2007, but I could be wrong...
Super Smash Bros Brawl still has the vague "sometime in 2007" date, but I'm going to take a guess and say around second quarter of 2007.
The only other game I'm looking forward to is Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn which is rumored to come out around the middle of 2007.

You must download updates in order to use your SD card to put saved games on there. There are currently three updates are so that you will need, so it may take a while depending on your connection speed.

As far as component cables, they are being sold online at nintendo.com and some major retailers. Prices seem to range from $30-$60. I couldn't tell you which cables are the best brand since I've never purchased them, but do a Google search for that info...from my understanding, they will be hard to find in most places.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
After 344 pages and hundreds of locked topics, you think they'd add a Nintendo Wii sub forum or something...

Just an idea. >>
It'd be a waste creating one. Discussion about the actual system is likely to die down in a few months (once you guys start getting steady game releases).

I'm trying to find a Wii right now (but not too hard), as I finally have the money. Going to call around later today, hopefully I'll get lucky. Likely just going to pick up Excite Truck and some Wii Points with it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Don't do it! Excite Truck is crap buy something else!

Ok so it's not so bad. I just think there are better multi-player games out there. Unless you're specifically looking for a racing game.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I played Excite Truck at GameStop and loved every second of it! I'll be picking up the GameCube version of Twilight Princess on Tuesday, though likely will be saving it to give to my dad for Christmas (Zelda is one of the few games he plays). I should be fine with Zelda, Excite Truck, Wii Sports and some virtual console games. I don't have a ton of time to play games now a days anyways... I mean, I haven't even finished Gears of War or Rainbow Six Vegas yet on my 360. Just finished up Viva Pinata on like, Saturday.

Top Bottom