• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm glad things are finally starting to get on schedule...If only I could access the Wii Shop Channel. :T

Who else thinks that Nintendo need to make it so that each game doesn't open a new channel, but is downloaded into a "xxxx console" channel?

I'm just curious as to what Nintendo's holiday surprise is...

Nite

Smash Champion
That's awesome. Where do you find the information out about what new Wii Virtual Console games will be coming out the following Monday? Nintendo.com seems obvious, but I don't know myself.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
The GC games are too big to be put up for download by Nintendo, not only for bandwidth reasons, but your Wii's memory card or whatever couldn't really handle more than one.

Sensai

Smash Master
Fox: I want this too, but not exactly. I just want 100% control over how I arrange/make my channels. Give me the steering wheel Nintendo...

Nite: www.ign.com - www.joystiq.com (Neither one gives weekly things about it, but every once in a while they'll tip us off. I figure they'll start telling us weekly from now on though.)

Smashbros: Blue pants are recieved Miis. Meaning, Miis you get from other people (as in I just sent you my Mii) have blue pants. At least, I think that's it. That's it as best as I can understand.

Viewtiful: That didn't even occur to me...but I doubt it. It would require them to patch the games they wanted to play online, unless it was a GC game that already have online. I doubt it...

[Edit:]

I make everyone happy. :-D

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
ok i guess i cant get blue pants unless i make a mii i want on my friends wii, then transver it over to mii, i mean me. :ohwell:

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
wow wuss's post was not spamm ...... -.-

So yea the only way to get the blue light on all the time is get alot of messages and never check them rofl

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK, so you STILL have to camp out overnight to get a Wii!
ALL RIGHT!!
[note absolule bitterness]
I went to f5cking New York City and NONE OF THE STORES HAD ANY.
WTF? This is ridiculous.
I bought Twilight Princess because the Nintendo Store has THREE copies of it left and I needed to buy SOMETHING.
So woopie, now I have a game I can't play.
Yea yea, "You need to wake up," except I have no TIME or MEANS of getting to such a store early to camp, I have college, I have classes, I have no car.
So it's ridiculous, and I think I give up on actively looking for a Wii for now.

I DID get to try it out, though, and the guy let me finish the Zelda demo because I got to the boss and afterwards, he said, "Out of everyone I've seen play the Wii who's never tried it before, you're one of the best." So that was pretty cool, but...
It taunted me concerning the game I now own but can't PLAY.

Future Wii Owner.
\/\/\/\/\/
Emphasis on FUTURE.
Get more units out there please, Nintendo, so I can, ya know, actually BUY one.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
i got my wii at eb games. I waited was supposed to wait 3 hrs but i got my wii in 2 hrs :laugh:

I didnt have to wake up early cuz it was 8 30 or sumthing when i got there. :D

this was launch day.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
ya my friends said the same thing but first they thought i was lieing even the ones who have are into microsoft and sony's consoles.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I recently tried out Red Steel multiplayer. The other guys didn't like it, they said they couldn't get the controls, aim, etc. I was getting headshots and wreaking haveoc in the space of an hour. Some people just can't handle the Wii I guess. It also doesn't help that they don't own the system yet(the other guy who did wasn't doing that badly). So naturally they said the game sucked when they all got owned. I'm sure if they played it more, they'd like it, but i doubt they will.

Here's to RS2, and a more generic FPS that I can get all my friends to play.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Krisp, the redsteel's multiplayer wasnt all bad, a few flaws but when my friend brings it over again i'll try it once more.

Destiny smasher, i hear radio shack/the source(same thing) has some wiis but they didn't advertise yet or did they?

Applejack, lol:laugh: u rhymed

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Well, you're lucky, then.
I'm just real miffed because I can go to NEW YORK CITY and they don't have any.

ANYWHERE.
Ouch. We have the same problem where I live. Small town Daly City doesn't seem so small when it seems like half the population wants one.
i got my wii at eb games. I waited was supposed to wait 3 hrs but i got my wii in 2 hrs :laugh:

I didnt have to wake up early cuz it was 8 30 or sumthing when i got there. :D

this was launch day.
>_< This woman I got to meet waiting for the Wii had the same luck. On Black Friday, she just showed up at the Metrion and got a PS3. The next day, she came at 7:00 and managed to get a Wii as well. Both times, she was the last in line to get one. >_< :mad:
I recently tried out Red Steel multiplayer. The other guys didn't like it, they said they couldn't get the controls, aim, etc. I was getting headshots and wreaking haveoc in the space of an hour. Some people just can't handle the Wii I guess. It also doesn't help that they don't own the system yet(the other guy who did wasn't doing that badly). So naturally they said the game sucked when they all got owned. I'm sure if they played it more, they'd like it, but i doubt they will.

Here's to RS2, and a more generic FPS that I can get all my friends to play.
I never saw the problem with Red Steel. You just point the circle thingy onto the enemies' heads. It's not that hard. >_> It's like using a computer mouse. Maybe that's it. They dont use the computer often.

Sensai

Smash Master
Destiny...wow, that sucks.

They're releasing them weekly (and a lot at Nintendo World Store daily, right? Is there still a line?). Just call one of the not-huge-Nintendo-stores and see when they get their shipments in.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Quit *****ing. Would you rather wait a couple weeks for the rest of the 11 millions Wii's to hit the United States or wait for god knows how long for the handful of PS3's to come in? You know PS3 preorders aren't even filled yet? The grass is greener on your side, so dry your tears.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
http://codenamerevolution.com/

look at one of the top items. It's a spoof of the PS3 commerical, for the Wii. It's fan made and done REALLY well.

edit: as for the woman getting hurt, I have to agree with Nintendo here. That woman does not look in shape, and as she said, she's a realator(spelling :( ). I don't have any problems with it, and I play tennis for hours at a time, sometimes mutiple days in a row. 12 matches and her knee might need surgery? Yeah right. She just shouldn't be playing, or at least exercise more. Plus, nintendo tells you to stretch, a swollen knee is a joint stress, which stretching helps.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
ha! look at my rep its blue/grey

-compliments to sensai

whoa! and tht spoof is well dun. kudos to who ever.

ya i have the white one too, black one is kool. hopefully there is no scratches on it

Stryks

Smash Hero
http://codenamerevolution.com/

look at one of the top items. It's a spoof of the PS3 commerical, for the Wii. It's fan made and done REALLY well.

edit: as for the woman getting hurt, I have to agree with Nintendo here. That woman does not look in shape, and as she said, she's a realator(spelling :( ). I don't have any problems with it, and I play tennis for hours at a time, sometimes mutiple days in a row. 12 matches and her knee might need surgery? Yeah right. She just shouldn't be playing, or at least exercise more. Plus, nintendo tells you to stretch, a swollen knee is a joint stress, which stretching helps.
Thats is one sweet fan made wii commercial, it looks even better than the ps3 commercials really...

sixaxis... its the same freakin controller, they just copied nintendos idea (not fully) and took out the vibration... yeah WAY better [/sarcasm]

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow...that thing is awesome looking.

78,000 Wii’s Sold Per Day
December 3rd, 2006

According to the report below, it looks as tough the Wii is outselling the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 combined on a daily basis; nearly two to one. The Xbox 360 is widely available, Wii’s continue to sell-out and Playstation 3 still suffers shortages. Will Wii be able to keep up momentum well into 2007? This remains to be seen, but we are just about to see the greatest comeback in the gaming industry since late-1994’s Nintendo’s return to dominance.
Good news.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Thats is one sweet fan made wii commercial, it looks even better than the ps3 commercials really...

sixaxis... its the same freakin controller, they just copied nintendos idea (not fully) and took out the vibration... yeah WAY better [/sarcasm]

Thats what i keep saying except when i see the flyers i say "why are they still showing playstation 2?........ whups my bad thats the sixaxis"

Nite

Smash Champion
That's a funny commercial. The Wii totally owned the PS3 right there. Wii's motion sensor ftw!

I really envy the black wii. If I ever have the money, I want to buy a red one when they come out.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
A black N64 with grey controller, a purple Game Boy Advance, purple Gamecube, a DS Phat and a white Wii...*Sigh* I never upgrade in terms of color. Or stature.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Destiny Smasher, if Nintendo continues the trend it has for releasing more Wiis, then you better camp out somewhere next Sunday. When I checked out somestores this morning, people were already walking out of with Wiis in hand only 5 minutes after the store open. If you know someone that you can trust to help buy a Wii, then it would be great if you could get them to buy it.

And to everyone else, expect continued shipments of Wiis to be sold on Sunday. This should apply to almost every store. However, remotes and nunchuks are a different story. Don't expect to find any extras unless you're lucky...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
applejack:
Destiny, try going to an out of town store. One way out in the country, where nobody know about. The cities have too many people in them.
I know, I tried that, I LIVE in the middle of nowhere, no dice here.

Sensai:
Destiny...wow, that sucks.

They're releasing them weekly (and a lot at Nintendo World Store daily, right? Is there still a line?). Just call one of the not-huge-Nintendo-stores and see when they get their shipments in.
Yea, you're right, they do--they all did. Every one said they'd be selling a new shipment the next day, and ALL said that they'd sell early so I'd have to wake up and get in line early.
OH, wait, I don't LIVE in New York City, I was only visiting. =P
So that didn't help.

Paranoid Android, I have every right to ****, I have the money, I have my support in Nintendo, I have faith in them, I have EVERYTHING put into them and I'm behind their back DESPITE all of the mistakes they have been making (just as everyone does) and I get rewarded for all of my searching and such with people telling me to be more dedicated because I CAN'T get to a store and wait in line because I'm a college student with no car?
So somehow I lack dedication because I have been waiting 2.5 years to play Zelda, I have saved the money, I have LOOKED actively, and I can't get one?

People should not have to stand in lines all night two weeks after the thing comes out, I'm sorry, that;s ridiculous.
Yes, part of this is me personally being annoyed, but the other part is me being disappointed that Nintendo is advertising this thing like mad but the only people who can GET one are the ones who are psycho about it and have to stand in line in the wee hours in the morning.
I would stand in line for a while, but not for a whole night, and not when I CAN'T in the first place because I simply have other things going on.

This is me more annoyed at the state of the gaming industry and how ridiculous it is that you can't get a product weeks after it's been released in a city as big as NY.

I mean, they don't even have the Wiis fully ready yet, even--channels that they said would be there are missing, virtual console games are crap compared to the Japanese launch (and for NO logical reason at all) etc.
And despite all that, I am still willing to adopt early and place my money down and actively look for one.
And I'm treated with nothing. Such is the economy, I know. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. I'm not saying I should expect more, I'm saying I'm disappointed that it's the way it is, and I KNOW it didn't used to be so bad years ago.

And by the way, could someone please clear this up, I know I brought it upbefore, but...
What's with the half-second delay in the remote sensing? Seriously.
I have PLAYED it know, so now I am sure of it, I felt it and saw it, there is a delay in aiming your cursor. Sword motions, I understand, but CURSOR lag?
I swear there was cursor lag, but I'm wondering if this was due to all of the other Wiis in the nearby vicinity, or what-have-you.

Could anyone else confirm or deny this in their home environments?
Because while its liveable, to be sure, it's also very annoying.
Imagine typing and using a mouse with a half second of lag. That doesn't seem like much, but i is when you're trying to shoot something that is moving, and it's simply annoying when it's noticeable.

I also noticed that it will take getting use to to shoot things, as releasing the B button causes my hand to shift enough to throw the aim off a bit--if there was no lag, this would be fine because my shot would hit AS I pushed the button and not afterward.
I will definitely have to get a steadier hand I suppose. Aiming is intuitive, but will take a steep learning curve to get good, just as with Metroid Hunters.

Swordfighting is very fun, I definitely enjoy it more than button pressingf IMMEDIATELY. I wish there was some motion-sensing to do with those special moves like that jump-stab one that finishes over enemies.
The shield bash is great, too.
And if you figure out how Link moves in different circumstances, you can train yourself to attack the way he does--stabbing your remote and making him stab, for example.
Obviously, it's kind of silly to do that, but I personally want to because it's more fun for me for whatever reason.

All in all, I was very impressed with the demo, though the lag in the controller has me a bit grumpy because if all of the tech is in the expensive controller and the sensor isn't even wireless with the system, I can't see why there'd be such lag. I've used wireless mice before and there's no lag, I've used Wavebirds from farther away and there is no lag, so it's just a little disappointing and I hope it's not as noticeable when I finally get one.
I did like the store, the guys there were cool (like I said, they let me finish the demo because I was doing so well) and I even picked up a copy og TP and some clothes at the store (especially when I found out there is no sales tax there and they only had three copies of TP), so it was enjoyable--it'd be more so if it weren't so ridiculously crowded, but it's expected in NYC.

Also, the disc to Twilight Princess is extremely sexy, I have to admit.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I never noticed any lag.

Could you pay somebody to wait for you? Someone in my line was paid to be there, plus if you pay by the hour they are more likely to be there longer. Just a suggestion.

Sorry you can't get a Wii though. I love having nothing better to do with my time, it makes waiting 30 hours possible.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Huh. Well, either a home environment gets rid of the lag orI'm simply noticing it more than others...?
There DEFINITELY was some, without a doubt, it was noticeable.

I'mhoping that this is just due to the environment.
But I really hope this lag issue is resolved in the future if it DOES exist normally, I'm not sure how well it's gonna fly later on down the road.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
There IS lag in both games I own, but mostly for the pointer. Wii sports is perfectly responsive.
However there's no lag on Wii home.
It's either due to processing speed(bigger games with a lot going on) or the software not fully being optimized. Neither of these seem to make sense, but I'm leaning towards processing, which means there's no chance of remving the lag. If it's just because of the launch titles, though, we can hopefully eliminate the lag with later titles.

Sensai

Smash Master
Destiny Smasher said:
What's with the half-second delay in the remote sensing? Seriously.
I have PLAYED it know, so now I am sure of it, I felt it and saw it, there is a delay in aiming your cursor. Sword motions, I understand, but CURSOR lag?
I swear there was cursor lag, but I'm wondering if this was due to all of the other Wiis in the nearby vicinity, or what-have-you.
The sword lag, yes, is noticeable. I mean, it's barely noticeable, but playing Zelda for more then an hour at a time, you being to realize it.

Cursor lag though? I haven't seen any of it. Were you swinging the control around like a madman, 'cause that's the only way that I could see there being any time for lag...

As to the whole business of waiting in line, etc....not even Nintendo expected Wii's to sell this well. With VERY little advertising (5 days prior), it's incredible that they're selling this well.

I have no idea what to tell you. We're getting new shipments in in 2 days (the 6th), and then again on Sunday, if that helps at all. I live in Huntsville, Alabama, a fairly big Alabama city (4th biggest I think), but it's not very gaming-active. Take that for what you will.

Top Bottom