• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
just a few questions:

when is the release date for brawl, mario galaxy, and any other cool games, i'm guessing they'll come out about the same time.
No one knows these dates. Mario Galaxy is going to release sometime between March and the end of 07 (you were close, RocketTrainer). Brawl, no idea.

Also, RocketTrainer, I imagine that they'll come out steadily throughout the year, not all at once. One of them will CERTAINLY be saved til Xmas, in order to sell consoles (probably Smash, sadly).

Dodongo: that sucks.

Cashed: you're not going to pick up TP for the Wii? Any reason why? And I haven't had any time to game recently either...I'm only ten hours (!) in to TP.../sigh

Echo

Smash Champion
I dont know I am pretty upset about buying Monkey Ball :( Isnt as good as I thought it would be.

I'm happy I stayed away from Red Steel though, its pretty bad.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Cashed: you're not going to pick up TP for the Wii? Any reason why? And I haven't had any time to game recently either...I'm only ten hours (!) in to TP.../sigh
Controls. I played it on the Wii for around three hours at a friend's house and didn't like the controls. I wasn't a big fan of swinging the Wiimote to use the sword, but I really didn't like the aiming of the hawk with the Wiimote. Then there was also the fact that I could only hit Z to center the camera behind me... Yeah, I'd much rather play it with a normal controller and have more control over the camera.

primusfan

Smash Ace
About Excite Truck, the controls were very fun. The graphics were pretty decent also. I just thought the race courses were crap. Half the time, I couldnt realize where I was going (although I did only play for 15 minutes). I might rent it to see if I like it and if I do, i'll buy it.

Sensai

Smash Master
I have Monkey Ball, Echo, and it's really good. It's obviously more of a party oriented game...

And Cashed, I can understand what you mean, and I kinda agree. The swinging of the remote isn't as good as I thought it was going to be, but it's still good enough IMO.

And I'm thinking I'm getting Excite Truck and Red Steel for Xmas. Hopefully Red Steel won't be as horrible as all the reviewers are making it out to be.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Redsteel aint bad, i like the sword fights and the slow mo thing, still it has one of THE worst dialoques in game history, it seems like one of those films that never made it to theaters... anyway i borrowed trauma center SO, its actually fun, but it repeats itself too much...

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Red Steel is fun, but most of the challenge comes from controlling the character. You have to have your wrist moving the entire time you play, and the AI is pretty stupid. In the beginning at least. I've played it for about 8-10 hours and I am only about %26 through it, maybe they get smarter. The enimies' insults don't fit either. I am in New York and Japanese people call me a gaijin (foriegnor), wouldn't they be the foriegnor? and there about five-10 phrases that they yell out randomly.

I recommend it if you like shooters and can't wait for MP3.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I thought what little I played of Red Steel was pretty horrible.

My friends, who are absolute fanboys for Nintendo, said the game was total crap and wanted to return it.

Mainly, the felt the game was mad rushed and all the issues could have been easily fixed.

With just like TP being the only game I'd get, I may wait until some bigger titles hit. When is MP3 estimated to come out?

Sensai

Smash Master
No one really knows when MP3 is coming out, Crimson.

Nor does anyone know why it was pushed from being a launch game. I assume it's due to the fact that they want to use it as the flagship for their online scene.

I'mma guess it'll be out come March.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
(Moved post here at suggestion from Cashed)

So the Wii lauched exactly 10 hours and 45 minutes ago here in Australia and I still don't have my Wii T_T.

I also gotta buy a new freakin TV to play it on as well (I've got my Cube running on an ancient RUF TV lol)

The Wii sold out here on Australia's gold coast before launch, like in America I suspect. Although here in OZ, I don't think I'll have to wait in line for it, our local EB store only ordered 35 Wii's and I preordered the last one. I didn't end up going to the midnight launch though, I'm going to pick it up tonight with my new TV after work.

Well, have a happy WiiPAL day!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I've seen a game vendor speculate that MP3 comes out June 1. However, like most stupid vendors, they're probably guessing just to hype everyone up. I hated how everyone claimed to "know" when Twilight Princess was coming out even though they were off by over a year in some cases. I warned them not to trust any source but Nintendo. >_<

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I've seen a game vendor speculate that MP3 comes out June 1. However, like most stupid vendors, they're probably guessing just to hype everyone up. I hated how everyone claimed to "know" when Twilight Princess was coming out even though they were off by over a year in some cases. I warned them not to trust any source but Nintendo. >_<
Like how Nintendo claimed that Red Steel was going to be "awesome"? :urg:

Sensai

Smash Master
Heh...

Actually, my game stores weren't far off for the launch of the new Zelda game, but that's probably due to luck. They had it for November 17th, the day of the PS3 launch, about 6 or so months before it came out.

I think it was a nice guess.

So, it looks like the general consenses here is that Red Steel is a waste of my parent's money? What would people suggest besides that?

Not Monkey Ball, Zelda, or Excite Truck.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Would VC games count in your question Sensai? That is probably the one thing that I dislike about getting a new console around launch time because you don't have many choices to pick from. It's probably better to give the console some time to come out so that you could have better choices.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oddly enough, I've never been wrong when it came to guessing the release date for a hyped game. I was right about Wii day, WW, Halo2, blah, blah.

My psychic predictions say that Brawl will come...July!

Sorry, Dong. I'd lend you my Wii except I dont know where you live, and because I'm selfish.

PS: Rent Red Steel first. I, personally, didn't have any problems with the controls, but a lot of people seemed to. Be safe.

Edit: Firebomb said "almost". This promise comes with a garentee, baby.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
In contrast, I've almost never been wrong in predicting if a game is real good or a waste of time. But that's just us...find a reliable source and stick with it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Yes, VC games would count in my list of good Xmas gifts. I'm thinking about getting Wario's Woods, Bonk, and Ristar.

And July, eh...alright. It's going in the sig. When we get a release date, I'll be sure to either praise you or hate you. :-D

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Sensai, for VC games, try Gunstar Heroes. I've never played it myself, but 1) it's made by Treasure, the action geniuses that made Ikaruga (incredible shmup), and 2) I've played the GBA remake, which is incredibly good. If I recall correctly, Gunstar Heroes is something of a cult classic, with supposedly amazing boss fights. That's the only VC game I'm getting, until LttP and Super Mario RPG come out sometime in the forseeable future.

And as long as we're making predictions about Brawl's release date, I'm fairly sure that the release date will be announced as June, but then pushed back to early September, and finally pushed back to a late November/early December date to compete with all the other games coming out during the holidays. There's no way in bloody **** that we'll actually get Brawl during the summer or fall season.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Sensai, for VC games, try Gunstar Heroes. I've never played it myself, but 1) it's made by Treasure, the action geniuses that made Ikaruga (incredible shmup), and 2) I've played the GBA remake, which is incredibly good. If I recall correctly, Gunstar Heroes is something of a cult classic, with supposedly amazing boss fights. That's the only VC game I'm getting, until LttP and Super Mario RPG come out sometime in the forseeable future.

And as long as we're making predictions about Brawl's release date, I'm fairly sure that the release date will be announced as June, but then pushed back to early September, and finally pushed back to a late November/early December date to compete with all the other games coming out during the holidays. There's no way in bloody **** that we'll actually get Brawl during the summer or fall season.

This is my guess of the release:

Super smash bros brawl (early 2007) march-may

Metroid prime 3 (mid 2007) june-august

Super mario galaxy(end 2007) october-december

Heres why. Wii is so far great since its release so Nintendo wants to keep it that why throught 2007 by releasing 3 great games throughout '07. Im pretty sure nintendo said galaxy would be released late '07. So that leaves the other two. Brawl is a great fighting game so they'd probably want it release soon, but not rushed. Then metroid would be another adventure game so they dont want to release it too soon because of many other adventure games(eg. zelda, red steel etc). Any thoughts?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
They said nothing about Galaxy. Plus, I don't think Brawl would be ready in time for an early 2007 launch.
Yeah i was thinking about that too because metroid has alot of vids and info and brawl doesnt have alot. So maybe mp3 would get ready in time for an early '07 release but i think sakuri(sp?) is just being secretive on brawl.

Sensai

Smash Master
They said that Galaxy will definitely be out in 07, sometime between March and Xmas. /sigh

My friends and I were talking about it the other day: How long has Mario 128 (now Galaxy) been in production? It's been there for FOREVER, at least 4 years. Maybe it'll be a classic like Zelda is. Yes, I know it's a Mario game, but...I mean, a real classic.

And, since we're all speculating as to release dates...

Metroid Prime 3: March or April
Galaxy: November
Brawl: November

I'd be really REALLY surprised if it didn't go down like this.

And here's a really cool link for something you may or may not have seen before. It's the GlovePIE thing at work again, but this time, it's a drumset.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FftLxuYzRA&eurl=

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 is a good game especially for the Wii and if you like the series but lots of people like even the ones that dont think much about the series.

If not get Bomberman for the VC that game is good multiplayer fun.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Well, wasn't SSBB orignially supposed to be a launch title? If it was, they're most likely just sanding the rough edges to make it perfect. Nintendo didn't release the launch date of the Wii until 2 or 3 months before it came out... why should they release dates for any of their games? :p

Sensai

Smash Master
Yes, it was supposed to be a launch title...meaning, Reggie said that he was looking forward to kicking someone's butt on the first day.

I don't think they're just sanding it out, but I'm not sure. Even if they were, then I still think they would release it around Xmas.

Stryks

Smash Hero
woah woah woah wait why u guys sayin galaxy is gonna be released on november? (speculation I know) I think I saw think in Ign that miyamoto or someone said that Galaxy will be out in the 1st quarter of 07...

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't see what trouble people are having with Red Steel. Honestly, I didn't have any trouble with it. It's definitely not as hard to control as people were saying that it was. Personally, I like the game and it is a lot of fun when you get the chance to play it with your friends.

ArturJr

Smash Rookie
Wii - $249.99 - As always. If console is cheap games will be expencive. Nothing special :)

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hey...has anyone played Toe Jam & Earl on the VC yet? My friend said it sounded pretty fun and I was wondering if anyone else got to play it.

Bomberman '93...YES!

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I don't see what trouble people are having with Red Steel. Honestly, I didn't have any trouble with it. It's definitely not as hard to control as people were saying that it was. Personally, I like the game and it is a lot of fun when you get the chance to play it with your friends.
I agree with you. Personally, I think Red Steel is underrated. Sure, it's got flaws and it's not a great game, but it's still pretty fun and isn't really a bad game.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you. Personally, I think Red Steel is underrated. Sure, it's got flaws and it's not a great game, but it's still pretty fun and isn't really a bad game.

I agree with. It is underrated i dont own it but i've played it and i'd say its fun with friends.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The only thing I can really say is good about Red Steel is that the controls work. They could use some calibration (for example, the option to change turning sensitivity, and the size of the box that makes you turn), but other than that, the controls work pretty **** well.

As for the cons?
-Bad graphics (Metroid Prime looked better)
-Inability to use sword against foes using guns (slicing people up would be so much better).
-Sword-fighting moves aren't directly translated. It's either slice left, slice right, block left, or block right.
-Terrible story
-Terrible voice acting
-No awesome weapons
-No awesome missions
-Terrible cinematics

and the multiplayer, being the most important, to me, deserves it's own list:

-No unlockable content
-No weapons settings (Even GoldenEye had "Snipers, Explosives, SMG's..."
-Only 4 levels
-Bad level design
-No online
-Only 3 Gametypes, 2 of which can't be played without 4 people.
-No option for swordfighting in multiplayer
-etc.

Simply put, compared to nearly every other FPS game I've ever played, this is the worst. A terrible, terrible game.

... We need a CounterStrike port. ;)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, since I have Red Steel, I'll put in my two cents as well. Red Steel isn't exactly the best game ever, but it's not the worst game out there. Most average gamers will probably despise this game, but some will love it. You won't find too many people in-between.

I haven't played too much yet, but I can say the game isn't as good as I had expected. I would like to see a Red Steel 2 game with everything more polished in the near future though. Ubisoft was on the right track, but they had poor execution.

I would strongly recommend renting/borrowing it before making a decision to buy it.

D

Deleted member

Red Steel is a piece of rushed garbage. Check this ******** glitch out I discovered.

When you have a grenade, keep pressing the down button. Your hand will turn to rubber.

The controls are...okay, they definiteyl take some getting used to, but the multiplayer is bad, the snipezoom is terrible, etc, etc. Do not buy this game.

Top Bottom