• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Unfortunatly, at this rate, I will not be getting a Wii for Christmas, since my parents won't let me wait outside walmart at 5:00 in the morning. On the plus side, my brother is going to buy me a game for my birthday for the wii, for when I do get it. Any suggestions on which game I should get. I was thinking of Excite Truck or Red Steel.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
You dont have to wait outside at 5:00. At launch I went to eb games at 8:44 and i got my wii. 12:00 was when i was supposed to get it but i got it at 11. Get zelda.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Stocks are short over here; there was only one Wiimote in the entire accessories section at Target when I last checked. They get the most every week in the entire area, though...about 45 Wii's.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It took my friend 3 weeks to finally find an extra Wiimote, and it was a fluke. He was with his friend at Target, and just so happened to stumble across one... and it was the last one in stock.

Wiis have been going out like crazy where I am. People are still lining up before stores open. I got mine on launch... had to wait 8 hours. But luckily, I had my cube with smash and 4 controllers. xD

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
yea, i live in Northern virginia....its very populated and it has one of the highest income rates in the nation = desperate parents that are not afraid to shell out the money...3 weeks after launch, there was a 20+ person line to get the wii at best buy in the morning...and they all were turned down being told that the wiis will be restocked on the 17th...thye will all be back next week plus last minute shoppers...i think my chances might be 1 in 10 for fininding one next week after 1030...i would deff wake up early if you live near me...too bad i have work form 530 to 1030 am...do you think i might still have a chance of gettin one?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Wiis are like wtf to find. I still don't have one like many of us. Walmart got more on the 6th and they were sold out on the first day.. almost a month after release.

Zink

Smash Champion
I can't connect to the store, even though my connection test works. What the heck.
Anyone else notice that on Gamespot, Elebits hits on the 12th, and on nintendo.com it says the 19th?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Oh man, I cannot wait for Christmas. No matter what I'm getting a Wii, even if I don't get it as a gift, I'm going out and buying that. I'll also be getting Zelda and Red Steel. Is Red Steel a good game? The only bad part is that the controls are hard to get used to, right??

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Some people say that Red Steel is a pretty good game that deserves to be played, others say it sucks. I myself think it's an OK game, I'd probably just rent it. The sword battles are cool, I hear, and multiplayer is alright if you don't mind the fact that your screen to point the Wiimote at shrinks to a fraction of the TV screen. But hey, if it interests you, pick it up. It's a whole new experiece either way.

Sensai

Smash Master
You just missed a fairly extensive Red Steel discussion. If you look back a few pages, there's actually a list of pros vs cons.

I'm getting Red Steel, also, along with Elebits (w00t!) and Excite Truck.

[Edit:]

And Zink, are you connecting wirelessly? If so, try changing your router to use channel 1 or 11. If it's on six, then that's where the problem is.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
beat zelda, sick game, i mentioned a few pet peves i have but still a sick game, idk if i like it better or ocarina, probably if it came down to it ocarina because if it had all the graphics, speed, controls, ect. as twilight princess then it would deff top it.
dose it piss anyone else off what midna dose to the mirror when shes leaving, after something like that you gotta see eachother again sometime, like the ending of majoras mask when the mask guy says after every gathering there is a parting, the next time you meet is up to you.
personally i might like major's mask better then ocarina just because of all the people you help and incounter during the whole game and how they tie in with eachother then it just comes together at the end. by the way for any one whos played it, the butler, is his son the frozen deku you see when your chasing the skull kid through the woods and you have to fly from flower to flower and see him right before a tunnel you have to go through? also there is a connection with the gauro<idk about spelling, the ones who die w/o a trace> and the gorman brothers.
In ocarina i think that anju, the carpenter, the old hag, and the blue guy are all family. from what i remeber: anju says that the roster only would crow for her brother who was pale blue just like the chicken, the carpenter<spell> says that his son is lazy and dosen't do any work and that the old hag makes a mushroom for the son w/ the mohawk and i think says something about a connection there, it could be his grandmother tho because in majora's mask the old hag is anju's grandma but anju's father is dead but the carpenter is alive which might not make him her father.
sorry to lay that on you, if you know any forums or other sites that discuss things like that please let me know.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Lucas please use capital letters at the start of each sentence. Your post was very hard to read.

On a different note, my friends and I decided to crash my Wii using the "Black Hole" glitch in Melee. I've heard rumors that the Wii reduces lag in GC games, but the black hole appears to work the same on the Wii. Oh boy and crash it we did.We also tried other things to induce lagging. We had a few groups of Ice Climbers freeze each other at the same time on FD which created no lag. We had three Roys charge their B attack of and blow each other up at the same time with positive results as well. Gameplay as expected, is the same and still awsome.

In conclusion the only time we saw any form of lag was when we formed the infamous "Black Hole." But honestly, I think the BH could crash any system out there (if you could use it on any system and if you tried hard enough) .

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not being able to find extra controllers is really bizarre, and frustrating. I can't remember a console that I couldn't find controllers for before.. Seems they always were in plentiful supply, you know? I'd love to pick up another Wiimote and Nunchuk, but they're nowhere to be seen.

I did reserve Wii Play when I picked up my Wii, though, and that comes with a Wiimote, so atleast by JANUARY 16TH I'll have a second controller. /cry

And I really want to play Zelda, so I'm considering opening it and getting my dad something else for Christmas... he does always steal my 1GB USB memory key, perhaps I could get him his own.
Most places should have a couple extra Remotes. Half the stores I visited recently had Remotes and Classic Controllers but no Nunchuks. I suspect stores should be getting some Nunchuks during the middle of the week...and you're talking about a SD card instead of USB flash-drive right? The Wii only uses SD cards, not USB flash drives...but with those two USB ports, I see it being possible in the future...
Are Wii point cards usually in stock?
I need my bomberman!!!
You can purchase Wii Points from the Shop Channel as long as you have a debit/credit card. The Points cards are really meant for people who only have cash and don't have the means of getting a credit/debit card. Just remember 1 point=1 penny, or at least it should according to the recommended conversion...and I highly recommend Bomberman 93. It's a great old-school game and multiplayer game.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Is Red Steel a good game? The only bad part is that the controls are hard to get used to, right??
No, it's a terrible game, quite honestly. Wait for Metroid Prime Corruption.

The problems:

-No unlockable content
-No cool weapons
-Sword fighting is extremely restricted
-Music isn't epic
-Bad story
-Bad voice acting
-Sub-par graphics
-Not enough sensitivity options for Wiimote (turn speed, size of turn box, etc.)
-No online play
-Only 4 badly designed multiplayer levels (FFS, that's inexcusable!)
-Only 3 gametypes - Only one of which can be played with less than 4 players
-No way to pick weapon types
-Etc.

Quite honestly the single worst first person shooter I have ever played. This is not an exaggeration: If you want a game that utilizes the Wiimote in an FPS, it's an okay demonstration. If you want a good game, wait till Metroid 3, maybe opt for Far Cry. Hell, play GoldenEye, because it's honestly much, much better than this game. There is no extent to which I can express that you shouldn't buy this game. Metroid, Far Cry, maybe Call of Duty 3.

(PS: However underutilized the Wiimote is in RS, you can tell that the hardware works quite nicely. It's accurate, it's responsive, and, given some calibration, it could be intuitive as well. It took me about 10 minutes to get the hang of it (I was trying to use it as an airborne mouse, at first), but after that it was incredible.)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Most places should have a couple extra Remotes. Half the stores I visited recently had Remotes and Classic Controllers but no Nunchuks. I suspect stores should be getting some Nunchuks during the middle of the week...and you're talking about a SD card instead of USB flash-drive right? The Wii only uses SD cards, not USB flash drives...but with those two USB ports, I see it being possible in the future...
Actually I mentioned USB memory keys because my dad always takes mine (That I use to transport stuff from school and stuff) and uses it at his work. I was saying instead of giving my dad Zelda for Christmas, I could get him his own 1GB USB memory key.

And it'd be great if Nintendo would let me hook up my iPod and play custom soundtracks that way. Filling up my SD card with music is a waste of space... but Excite Truck's soundtrack is terrible!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hmm. What do all y'all think the USB ports are going to be used for? ...other than connecting to the internet with CAT5's.

USB is amazing. The possibilities are endless. I charge my iPod on my Wii. >>

Sensai

Smash Master
The USB ports are still unknowns, really.

No one really knows what they're going to be used for right now, but many people will tell you what they think.

Me? Keyboards, perhaps? Maybe iPod connection or some other type of MP3 player. I honestly have no idea, as the possibilities are endless.

Also (this is illegal), it'll probably be used by homebrewers and hackers to make transportation of ROMs and homebrew absurdly easy.

Zink

Smash Champion
I tried router channels and everything. Basicallly, I went to my router settings and tried every option that had more than one possibility. I'm thinking the problem was on their end, because it got past the initial connecting screen, then error'd on the connecting to channel screen. I'm gonna try again in a bit.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone answer me this: if WiiConnect24 is off, can you still recieve messages? Like, does Nintendo store it on a server like email?

Sensai

Smash Master
I don't think so, Typh. But I may be wrong.

Are you asking if you just keep Connect24 off, will you recieve messages? Because that, I believe, is no.

It does work like email. When my Wii messages my email, it has it's own email address, so I wouldn't see why not.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm talking about when the light is RED or it is unplugged.

It does work like email. When my Wii messages my email, it has it's own email address, so I wouldn't see why not.
That is a good point.

I want Wii Play and Wario Ware so bad >_>

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I woke up this morning at 4:40 because I could tell there was a light in my room on. What was it? My Wii illuminating my entire room. Chill had sent me a message. And lol @ whoever made the Hogan Mii. I think it was bball but I'm not positive. It's nice when you guys sign which Miis you create.

Sensai

Smash Master
I have Confucious and Adolph Hitler on my Wii, not to mention Arnold (cleverly named Ahnold) the Governor (Swatzahnega, rofl, can't spell that), Reggie Fils-Aime, Ghengis Khan, etc etc.

I think it's hilarious. I'm also VERY shocked that I don't have a Jesus yet.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I have Confucious and Adolph Hitler on my Wii, not to mention Arnold (cleverly named Ahnold) the Governor (Swatzahnega, rofl, can't spell that), Reggie Fils-Aime, Ghengis Khan, etc etc.

I think it's hilarious. I'm also VERY shocked that I don't have a Jesus yet.
My first celebrity I recreated was Stephen Colbert, then I went to Iwata and Miyamoto. If you google Celebrity Miis you can find some pretty good ones, such as **** Cheney, but some of the ones you find look terrible.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I have three Hitlers already. :/

I noticed that you can have the option of throwing away messages sent to you by other people. Does keeping them take up memory or something, or should I just keep all the messages?

PS: Cashed, could you please edit Lucas the Lefty's post a page back? SPOILERS!

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
the wii cards are 23 bucks for 2000 points, are the points available for purchase 20 bucks or 23 when you buy them online?

Sensai

Smash Master
It's cheaper to buy them online, so far as I can tell.

Cashed, sad thing is, I didn't make any of those Miis....haha.

Now you've got me interested. I wanna go look around for some.

Top Bottom