• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sorry, Typh-- I already did.

Once I beat a Zelda game, I say I'm gonna do all that-- but I never do. Plus, I got 30 bucks in-store credit for it... my Gamecube on the other hand-- was only worth 20 bucks. The only games worth keeping forever are those that have awesome multiplayer that NEVER get boring... like SSBM.

Yet they'll sell my GCN for 60, and my game for 40 somethin'. Huh.

And why would I keep my Gamecube? I have a Wii. A WII. Plus, I have a pretty good job. And my friend still kept Zelda... so if I really wanted to play it agian, I'd just steal his. I've thought this through. xD

But yeah-- I'm playing elebits now... and it's pretty crazy. Feels a lot like Katamari. Lots of crazy things, and anything is throwable. Multiplayer-- from what I've played... which is one level and 3 players-- was INSANE. Three beams, and stuff was flying EVERYWHERE! And for some reason, we were already enabled to pick anything up... so dressers, beds, books, toys... everything was flying. My friend was picking up the dresser and just holding it in front of the screen when he was winning so no one else could pick anything up.

I'll let all y'all know how it is once I get deeper into it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Most places will be hoarding Wiis until this Sunday, the final major shopping weekend before the Christmas holidays, so you'll find the most Wiis available then. Best Buy and some other places have been ordered to NOT sell any Wiis until Sunday. Think of it as launch day v2.0, but with a slightly better chance of getting one. This will conceivably be the last weekend to get one before the end of this year.

Oh, and I've finally added my Wii number. If you add me, let me know so I can add you in return when I get the chance...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Wow it hasn't even been a month since the Wii came out. Feels like it's been forever.

Still haven't gotton my Wii # out due to lack of proper internet connections. I'll get it up within a month (As if anyone wants it :ohwell: ).

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
in elebits what can you do online? i herd that it has some online features, not online multiplayer of coarse but some cool things none the less.

The best buy near me is selling them again like rocket said on sunday, i'm thinking about camping out for one, i did that the first day they came out and it was actually a cool experiance, i'm sure that people will be willing to pay top dollar for the wii especially with a week left after sunday, is anyone else doing that or thinking about it?

Oh and the last thing has anyone seen the video's of the trick to get all 91 pins down on the bowling exercize in wii sports? its pretty cool you can find a video of it on youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTsjnjsO-E0

also heres a video of someone bowling a perfect game, pretty nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0x-gro9Vy8&NR

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
But yeah-- I'm playing elebits now... and it's pretty crazy. Feels a lot like Katamari. Lots of crazy things, and anything is throwable. Multiplayer-- from what I've played... which is one level and 3 players-- was INSANE. Three beams, and stuff was flying EVERYWHERE! And for some reason, we were already enabled to pick anything up... so dressers, beds, books, toys... everything was flying. My friend was picking up the dresser and just holding it in front of the screen when he was winning so no one else could pick anything up.

I'll let all y'all know how it is once I get deeper into it.
That sounds like a blast. I'm going to have to atleast give that game a rent. With christmas gifts and all I better not buy anything for myself till after the hollidays. Mabe I'll be lucky enough to get it from my brother. I'm going to pick him up Madden 07. He's a big fan of the franchise. Im sure he'll like the new playing scheme.

The most difficult task still remains though, finding a store that has wiimotes in stock :ohwell: .

primusfan

Smash Ace
^^^Yeah, I want Elebits BAD! I have Madden '07 rented right now and it's really great. The control scheme is awesome. Sadly, I can't find any more Wii-Motes either.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
yeah i just tried it and was able to get it the first time, although i redid the exorcize and when i did it the same way i got a 0 for some reason, maybe the ball fell off in the darkness or something idk.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The voice acting and the story is by far the worst I've ever seen in a game. Ever. It's laughable. I laughed.

But the gameplay... two thumbs up.

Lucas, the only online thing is that you can edit and make your own levels and send them t your friends over WiiConnect24.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
There is a Wii recall today. Any Wii owners can go to the place that they got their Wii and get a free heavy-duty wriststrap, since injuries and property damage is getting more frequent. If you're afraid that you might be one of those hardcore people, you oughta check it out just in case.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There is a Wii recall today. Any Wii owners can go to the place that they got their Wii and get a free heavy-duty wriststrap, since injuries and property damage is getting more frequent. If you're afraid that you might be one of those hardcore people, you oughta check it out just in case.
I think you actually have to go and fill out this form to get free improved wriststraps. It's good to see Nintendo respond to this problem relatively fast, though the problem only happens with overzealous gamers in the first place. ;)

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
It's not the wriststaps its the gamer. I'm pretty sure this has been posted before but i dont want to read 5332 posts to find it. I say the gamer has butter fingers and likes throwing the wii-mote. I never threw my wiimote nor did I break the strap. But it was funny what happened at the videogame awards of 2006 with the wiimote, Congratz if u know what I'm talking about.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

I have no idea what you're talking about.

And I saw that whole recall thing. That's cool, I guess, but I don't think I'mma send mine in as it's not worth waiting the 5-9 days to play games. Not for me, mind you, but for my family.

[Edit:]

And Xsyven, have you seen the trailer for No More Heroes? 'Cause the voice acting is that is REALLY bad and I can't see anything being worse than that.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
I woke up this morning at 4:40 because I could tell there was a light in my room on. What was it? My Wii illuminating my entire room. Chill had sent me a message. And lol @ whoever made the Hogan Mii. I think it was bball but I'm not positive. It's nice when you guys sign which Miis you create.
Haha, definitely not me. I thought my White Michael Jackson was chillingly accurate, though.

Also, Wii rocks, Zelda rocks, etc. etc.

EDIT: 800 posts! It only took five years.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sensai;1978311...have you seen the trailer for No More Heroes? 'Cause the voice acting is that is REALLY bad and I can't see anything being worse than that.[/QUOTE said:
Well ive sene it and yeah, worst voice acting ever, but the guys making the game say its on 1/3 ready, pretty sure they'll find better voice actors by then...

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
i missed the video game awards by one day, my friend told me it was a day after the real day and when i looked its only on really late on weekdays which is bad.

how much do you think someone would pay for a wii the weekend before christmas?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I had some good luck yesterday. I cashed my check (Cashed cashed his check, lolololol) and went into Fred Meyer right across the street to see if they had any Wiimotes. They had two! I snagged them both. In hindsight, I should've picked up atleast one more nunchuk, but ah well, I'm good for now. I have to hold off getting a four controller, too, because I reserved Wii Play, which comes with a Wiimote.

With some more impressive VC games (Super Metroid, plz?) I'd be extremely happy with my Wii. Right now it just provides multiplayer fun to make me happy... I want Super Metroid, though. :C

FireBomb

Smash Lord
All the awesome stuff, especially for VC, will arrive next year. Ever since the beginning of November, I've had a bad habit of being very impatient for things I want...

I have a sudden urge to play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Super Metroid would kick ***, but now that I think about. I wonder how well it would do if they did a remake of it on the DS? Oh well, it will still rock either ways. And for my civics homework, I did a report on the Wii. I wonder how well it will do. The top games I want to get that are on the VC currently are: Bomberman93, Donkey Kong, LoZ, F-Zero, and that's about it for now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm waiting for Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, DK Country, Kirby Super Star, Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64. All of the previous have already been announced or approved by the ESRB but are waiting for release. Better start investing in some more Classic Controllers. :)

primusfan

Smash Ace
I'm waiting for Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, DK Country, Kirby Super Star, Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64. All of the previous have already been announced or approved by the ESRB but are waiting for release. Better start investing in some more Classic Controllers. :)
I pretty much want all the same titles you listed^^^. Super Mario World is the game i'm anticipating the most for the VC.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Instead of finding/buying the Classic controller just use ur gamecube controller it can be used for a subsitube check out super mario 64's descritption it allows it and for an added bonus, if u dont have any gamecube controllers they are easy to find and cheaper than the classic. Besides on the classic controller the d-pad is on the left and the 2 anologs are at the bottom like sonys controller(i hate playing sports games on it) and you dont want to play an n64 game by reaching all the way down?!? DO YOU??!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Classic Controller's D-pad is far more superior than the Gamecube Controller's D-Pad. When you start playing the SNES games, you'll notice the difference. Same goes for some of the future N64 games, it'll be awkward to play some of the games with the Gamecube Controller. <_<

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
The Classic Controller's D-pad is far more superior than the Gamecube Controller's D-Pad. When you start playing the SNES games, you'll notice the difference. Same goes for some of the future N64 games, it'll be awkward to play some of the games with the Gamecube Controller. <_<
It'll be awkward playing those with the Classic Controller. Nintendo really needs to make a Classic Controller specifically for N64 games.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
It'll be awkward playing those with the Classic Controller. Nintendo really needs to make a Classic Controller specifically for N64 games.

Ya there is the gamecube controller and if u dont like the gamecube's d-pad for snes and nes games then turn ur wiimote to its side its compatible too.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I think that playing the N64 games with a GC controller is quite comfortable. Better than using an N64 controller. It feels a lot better playing Super Mario 64 with the GC controller.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I know this is random, but I found Red Steel to be pretty good. It's hard at first, like the controls, but once you get used to it, you get into it... or at least I did. I guess I may just like fps. Does anyone else besides me like Red Steel?

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
so yea i paid my friend 20 bucks to get up at 5 am this morning to go get a wii cuz i had ****ing work in the morning. He says that almost all of the lines already had like 50+ people in them. at 10 30 in the morning i called almost every best buy, target circuit city and toy r us in Virginia...sold out everywhere...WTF...this is so frustrating...now i have to wait until the next shipment....does anyone know when this will be? man, no wii for xmas...this is just terrible...

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
I've heard several sites talk about new dungeons and possibly more things for twilight, i don't see why they have to hold that back being that the game is already out and also it wouldn't break they're not online play til 07 cuz its just a dungeon. also in the game i just got 19 hearts today with lots of credit due to the fortune teller in castle town but is there any fortune teller for where the poes are and maybe the golden bugs? the bugs arent' so bad cuz thers only 24 or somethign like that and once you find one in a special area u know theres another within that same place but with so many poes out there and half of them are probably missed cuz its daytime when you walk by them, i still have 19 of those to find.

yeah so my question is has anyone said anything for ceratain about downloadable dungeons and/or the time they'll be availabe.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Downloadable dungeons? I really hope you didn't buy the GC version yet, Cashed.

Dont worry, MasahiroX. Where I live, shipments have been coming every Sunday so you still have one more Sunday to get one by Christmas.

Lucas: The fortunteller for the souls and bugs can be located at Gamefaqs.com.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've heard several sites talk about new dungeons and possibly more things for twilight, i don't see why they have to hold that back being that the game is already out and also it wouldn't break they're not online play til 07 cuz its just a dungeon. also in the game i just got 19 hearts today with lots of credit due to the fortune teller in castle town but is there any fortune teller for where the poes are and maybe the golden bugs? the bugs arent' so bad cuz thers only 24 or somethign like that and once you find one in a special area u know theres another within that same place but with so many poes out there and half of them are probably missed cuz its daytime when you walk by them, i still have 19 of those to find.

yeah so my question is has anyone said anything for ceratain about downloadable dungeons and/or the time they'll be availabe.
GameFAQs has all the guides that you would need to find the bugs/Poes/Heart Pieces you missed. Although, you really don't need every single thing unless you're going for 100% completion.

As for the new downloadable dungeons, any sources? I've yet to hear anything about this, though it'd be great if they had super-hard extra bonus dungeons available to download...

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
well i was wondering if anyone heard something about it but after doing a little searching i came up with this site

http://digitalbattle.com/2006/11/07/zelda-getting-downloadable-content/

idk how reliable, i was just backing the fact that i herd RUMORS about it, idk how much i beleive that site, it might be right but i was looking for some actual real proof from an interview or a reliable source like IGN or something.

Top Bottom