• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I actually haven't made any celebrity Miis. I have a crapload of Miis from taking my Wii to my friends house. Everyone in their family makes a Mii so now I have entire families worth of Miis.

The point cards I've seen in stores are priced below $20 so that when tax is included they will come to $20. Online offers points at $10-$50 levels and is the better choice in my opinion. You have more selection and can avoid a trip to the store just for a point card.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Emo Evan isnt a celebrity...yet. Believe it or not the origonal creator of the mii some of you have is working on a comic and flash based on that character. My mii Saint, along with other friends will be featured as well. By January the episode "Where have all my razor blades gone?" should be complete.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
No, it's a terrible game, quite honestly. Wait for Metroid Prime Corruption.

The problems:

-No unlockable content
-No cool weapons
-Sword fighting is extremely restricted
-Music isn't epic
-Bad story
-Bad voice acting
-Sub-par graphics
-Not enough sensitivity options for Wiimote (turn speed, size of turn box, etc.)
-No online play
-Only 4 badly designed multiplayer levels (FFS, that's inexcusable!)
-Only 3 gametypes - Only one of which can be played with less than 4 players
-No way to pick weapon types
-Etc.

Quite honestly the single worst first person shooter I have ever played. This is not an exaggeration: If you want a game that utilizes the Wiimote in an FPS, it's an okay demonstration. If you want a good game, wait till Metroid 3, maybe opt for Far Cry. Hell, play GoldenEye, because it's honestly much, much better than this game. There is no extent to which I can express that you shouldn't buy this game. Metroid, Far Cry, maybe Call of Duty 3.

(PS: However underutilized the Wiimote is in RS, you can tell that the hardware works quite nicely. It's accurate, it's responsive, and, given some calibration, it could be intuitive as well. It took me about 10 minutes to get the hang of it (I was trying to use it as an airborne mouse, at first), but after that it was incredible.)
Oh no!!!!!!!! So many cons. I can't believe there's no unlockable material too.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I actually haven't made any celebrity Miis. I have a crapload of Miis from taking my Wii to my friends house. Everyone in their family makes a Mii so now I have entire families worth of Miis.

The point cards I've seen in stores are priced below $20 so that when tax is included they will come to $20. Online offers points at $10-$50 levels and is the better choice in my opinion. You have more selection and can avoid a trip to the store just for a point card.
Stores cannot charge you tax on those point cards. What you're doing when you buy those is exchanging your money for a different form of money. According to the guys down at my GameStop, they cannot charge you tax for that. 1600 point cards for the 360 have an MSRP of $19.99 and when they ring them up, it's $19.99. I hand them a $20 and I get a penny back. It's a joyous day.

Chill, set your Mii on mingle so I can grab it. :D

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I didn't know they couldn't charge you tax for those cards. I just assumed that because they were priced under $20 with tax they would come out to $20 even. If that's the case you can save $1 at Wal*Mart. Because you know, you can buy anything with a $1.

*sets Miis to mingle*

Beware.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stores cannot charge you tax on those point cards. What you're doing when you buy those is exchanging your money for a different form of money. According to the guys down at my GameStop, they cannot charge you tax for that. 1600 point cards for the 360 have an MSRP of $19.99 and when they ring them up, it's $19.99. I hand them a $20 and I get a penny back. It's a joyous day.

Chill, set your Mii on mingle so I can grab it. :D
Where I live, tax is charged whether the points are bought online or in the stores. Either the Gamestop employees where you live are wrong, or every single store in the Houston area is doing something unethical, and I should file complaints with all of them. I think there's a difference between the Wii and X-Box Live points, if that's possible. :dizzy:

As for celebrity Miis, look here as a start if you're interested in making your own. Some of the ones shown are okay.

Sensai

Smash Master
No, they can't. It's a fault Nintendo has created, but hopefully will fix.

And I (along with my girlfriend's brother and his friend) LOVE Emo Evan.

Sensai

Smash Master
We were recording ourselves playing Wii Baseball one night, and Emo Evan was my catcher.

Her brother hit it STRAIGHT up, and Emo Evan runs out 2 feet and just stands there, no one else moving. He catches it, and then turns around and shoves it in the batter's face.

We laughed so hard, for hours.

Now we say that whoever has Emo Evan (along with Confucious) automatically wins.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
We were recording ourselves playing Wii Baseball one night, and Emo Evan was my catcher.

Her brother hit it STRAIGHT up, and Emo Evan runs out 2 feet and just stands there, no one else moving. He catches it, and then turns around and shoves it in the batter's face.

Now we say that whoever has Emo Evan (along with Confucious) automatically wins.

LOL! I laugh all the time when an impossible hit is caught and then shoved in the face of the batter.

One question...when i go to the parade and im connected to wiiconnect24 it says no ones here. Can any mii come or only the ones u have the number of?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
After searching for the past four days, I finally found a Target that had some Nunchuks. The person there told me that Target seems to be getting accessories faster than most other stores. I actually want to believe this is true, because Target does seem to have Remotes and Classic Controllers when everywhere else is sold out. Something to keep in mind for those struggling to find those Nunchuks and such...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
One question...when i go to the parade and im connected to wiiconnect24 it says no ones here. Can any mii come or only the ones u have the number of?
someone answered that like...three posts above yours. Try reading first.

But I'll tell you anyways...evil lazy person.

No, they can't you have to register other people. Then you both have to have your Travel settings to on. Then only Miis with Mingle on will be in the parade.

I have like 38 Miis in my parade. It's weird to see this humongous crowd come waltzing down the screen. Then it's empty. Then they come back like five seconds later.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
do you think that nintendo will make patches and updates/grades for things like the photo channel and more importantly the Mii designs? the mii's, though fun, are a little limited in facial features, theres only about 3 noses you can seriously use, they should let you be more free with your options as far as headsize, head shape, facial features like 5 o clock shadow and freckles umongst<spell> other things. I'm sure this is possible but i wonder if nintendo would do this and become so interactive with their wii options or if online updates are not meant to be used that way. has anyone herd about them doing this in the future?

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Im here just to ask about the wii shortage. I haven't been able to get one still, and check on the web preety much everyday and go to my local store every friday to see . I've managed to get a copy of twilight princess and an extra wiimote, but i need a wiimote...anyone have shipping details. I'll give + rep to anyone who can help me.

Sensai

Smash Master
Lucas The Lefty said:
do you think that nintendo will make patches and updates/grades for things like the photo channel and more importantly the Mii designs? the mii's, though fun, are a little limited in facial features, theres only about 3 noses you can seriously use, they should let you be more free with your options as far as headsize, head shape, facial features like 5 o clock shadow and freckles umongst<spell> other things. I'm sure this is possible but i wonder if nintendo would do this and become so interactive with their wii options or if online updates are not meant to be used that way. has anyone herd about them doing this in the future?
I'm not sure that this has been 100% just blatently stated, but I'd be **** shocked if Nintendo didn't support any type of patching.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Chill, you set your Miis individually to mingle or not. Just set YOURS to mingle, none of the other ones!

And I didn't get it still... I got your message about sending it through the Mii channel, but when I went to the Mii channel I didn't get it. I think when you "attach a mii" in the Wii Menu it just sends the little picture, while when you send it from the Mii Channel it actually sends the Mii.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah its like that cashed, when u send a message with a mii nothin happends, only when u send them trough the mii channel wil lthey appear in the other guys wii console...

Sensai

Smash Master
If you attach a Mii to a message, it does nothing except show the little Mii charictature (spelling, yay!). You have to actually send through the Mii Channel to get things.

What Stryks said.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord

Hahaha. Awsome. Creepy will be so proud of his mii. Im glad you're enjoying him.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
krisp how is dbz? i'm guessing the career is just like mortal kombat or street fighter? i herd that you actually have to do the moves with the wii-mote and nunchuck which sounds sick.

also has anyone played or own ultamate allegiance?<spell> i herd that it was cool but annoying because of the way you have to attack,dose anyone know?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hey, why is it that I can't turn on or operate my Wii with a new controller I recently bought...?

P.S. Is my sig bothering anyone for any reason at all?

Sensai

Smash Master
No. I enjoy your sig, actually. The only problem I imagine anyone would be having with it is the fireball part being too **** bright. The whole thing all in itself is very colorful, which might lead to people seizuring, but other then that, it's gravy.

FireBomb said:
Hey, why is it that I can't turn on or operate my Wii with a new controller I recently bought...?
Sync it. This is NOT as friendly as it sounds, as you need to be RIGHT next to the Wii when you sync it.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I have to read the manual every time I sync a controller (well, both times). To do it you push the Wii button first, then the Wiimote button. If this is wrong let me know, I always get it mixed up but writing things usually helps me remember.

Paranoid, you could shoot it with a Nerf dart from 20 feet away. (has anyone seen their sniper rifle? I saw a commercial for one right before I logged on. Nerf is training the young to become super-soldiers.)

DBZ2 looked good, but I thought it would be difficult/annoying to have to punch and kick and all that with the wiimote. Same with Marvel.

Does anyone know in RS how to change the controls for left-handed people?

Sensai

Smash Master
Paranoid Android said:
Doesn't hitting the Synchro button on the Wii entail you being right next to it anyway?
Actually, it does, haha. Sorry. Every time I've had to sync a controller, though, it's been with another person hitting the sync button and me siting on the couch. Sorry for that.

And I have you in my Wii, but you never added me. What gives, Paranoid? </3?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Elebits came out this week. Anyone played it? I was thinking about trading in my GCN and Twilight Princess (just beat it today) to get a new Wii game.

Elebits intrigues me...

Sensai

Smash Master
I'll be getting Elebits for Xmas, so I'm not going to have played it before then.

And don't trade in TP. You'll regret it, I'm 95% sure.

ChRed, maybe he just doesn't like us....;-(

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trading in a gamecube and zelda for one game?

Dude. You can trade in your obsolete Game Boys and Game Boy Colors for a GBA game, but you're not gonna do that, are you? ARE YOU!?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Elebits came out this week. Anyone played it? I was thinking about trading in my GCN and Twilight Princess (just beat it today) to get a new Wii game.

Elebits intrigues me...
Don't trade in a game you aren't abosolotly finished (get all hearts, get golden bug, etc.) and especially not ZELDA!? :psycho:

I traded my Wind Waker 3 years after i got it. (cuz i got everthing)

Top Bottom