• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, I like it, but it's not for most people.

Wait until RS2 when the Wiis been out for a while and it won't be rushed for launch.

btw, codenamerevolution.com has an article about how nintendo's been sued for a supposed patent infringement with the Wiimote.

The nintendo patent is fairly different, but is it different enough?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
lol this is what i thought when i heard red steel 2:

When ubisoft saw and heard how garbage the game was they right away anounced 'redsteel2' to fix up the mest up stuff. Nice/funny commercial for a bad game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Redsteel2? oh man if they screw it up AGAIN i will be incredibly pissed, the other thing that bothered me about mutiplayer... no usic, camon the music hypes u up in any game, music is important and they got NOTHING!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So I managed to get a Wii today. I was at the mall and walked in GameStop, asked if they had any Wiis, was told a shipment could be coming in in about an hour. So I went to lunch and came back an hour later. UPS was just showing up and guess what? No Wiis. So I go down to EB and I'm told that they JUST had 9 of them, but he sold out not 10 minutes before I walked into the store. ****. I walk out of the mall and start heading to Target. I walk into Target and my phone rings. It's the guy Brenden from GameStop I was talking to earlier when I was in the store. He tells me to get my *** back to the store as fast as I can, as they got a "good amount" of Wiis in. I rush back to GameStop and pick one up. Brenden is now my favorite employee at GameStop. :p I picked up a Virtual Console controller (they had two and I hadn't seen them anywhere else, so I snagged one for the hell of it), Excite Truck and Zelda (which is still unopened because I'm going to take it back on Tuesday and exchange it for the Cube version). I would've picked up an extra Wiimote and nunchuk if they had them, but they didn't.

I love the style of menus, it's nice that it's so different from the 360. I spent a good 20 minutes creating my Mii and then messed around trying to create my mom and sister. I'm going to make Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart and a few other idols of mine in a while. Didn't get around to playing Wii Sports yet, but I did do all of Excite Truck's tutorials, and judging from the race I played at GameStop and the tutorials... I'm going to be having a lot of fun with Excite Truck. My dad came home while I was doing the tutorials and gave it a go. He was laughing and cussing at the TV. He was having a great time.

Now. Complaining. Jesus the updates are slow. As is changing channels in the Wii menu. I guess I'm just spoiled by my 360 updating itself in a matter of 5 seconds for the large updates and the quick menu navigation the 360 has. That's all the complaining I have for now.

I'll be adding my Wii number in the Smashboards Connected thread momentarily.

Zink

Smash Champion
Cashed... buying the Cube version of TP is a bad idea... IGN said outright you're a fool if you buy the Cube game when you can get the Wii version. Better graphics, better controls, more immersion. There is no reason why you shouldn't get the Wii version. The lame "oh it's just a port" excuse is ********. Be a man.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I never said it was just a lame port. I don't like the Wii controls. It's all about personal preference.

Stryks

Smash Hero
the graphics are pretty much the same, my friends who are PS fanboys say : those are graphics?! PS3 pwns wii!!", im like yeah no ****, I get pissed cause even tough I KNOW they liked zelda they just go sayin the graphics suck, anyway yeah the wii version is way... WAY better, way more fun, still its ur decision, so meh...

Stryks

Smash Hero
well... no XD but with what ive heard of ign, and what miyamoto himself said, im pretty sure wii version is better, but like i said its ur decision XD...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
There is nothing wrong with Cashed's desire to obtain the GameCube version. I do like the Wii controls for Zelda, but I also greatly miss the cube controls for Wind Waker. I personally want to at least rent the cube version for the "classic experience". Speaking of which, are there any places I can go to read up on the exact control scheme? I've tried to imagine an ideal setup but just can't. XD

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
the wii version is sick althought somethings that get annoying are how bad the climbing is in the game, how hard it is to get back up from a ledge, when you press C and look around if your fairy is on the screen you follow the fairy which is annoying, i've been playing for about 65 hours and i still do it and its still annoying. these things aren't really game flaws, just personal pet peves that are really annoying but the aiming of the bow and arrow totally beats the standard joystick approach, it can be annoying too after playing a few hours of zelda straight and not wanting to move but its much faster and easier to reposition then a stick would be which is more then a good enough reason to get the game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Cube version of Zelda is the only alternative for those who don't have a Wii or hate the controls of the Wii version. It's also for those "Zelda purists" who rant on and on about Link being right-handed in the Wii version. And the graphics for the Wii version aren't really that much better since it is a port...

primusfan

Smash Ace
This may be a dumb question, but does anybody think or know if it's dangerous to leave discs in the Wii while it's off? I mean, I havent had any problems doing that so far, but I just wanna be safe.

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
This may be a dumb question, but does anybody think or know if it's dangerous to leave discs in the Wii while it's off? I mean, I havent had any problems doing that so far, but I just wanna be safe.
I've constantly had a disk in my Wii. No problems yet. I highly doubt that it's an issue. I have no proof, just my opinion.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Leaving the disc in shouldn't cause any problems. The only bad thing that could happen is if you drop your Wii on the floor for some reason repeatedly, and the disc gets scratched. If it really worries you though, go ahead and take the disc out...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The odds of damaging the disc from taking it out and putting in often are higher than damaging it by leaving it in the console all the time. I leave my Zelda game in all the time except for the few times I play Wii Sports with my friends.

Nite

Smash Champion
Cashed- High five on getting that Wii. (Did I just high five?) Anyways, I don't mind the Wii controls too much. Exactly what you said is true though. Personal preference is key to enjoying a game.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
cashed isnt high, he just doesn't like the controller. My friend is and xbox 360/xbox fanboy and he bought the wii for a try. He doesn't like the controller ethier so he might return it. He plays his 360 all the time. I agree the downloading updates take long. I just cant till the internet browser one more is coming this month i think its news or forecast.

Personally i enjoy zelda the wii version infact i've beat it. I think Ocarina is harder. All i have to do in twilight is get everything.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
yeah, the boses don't seem that hard, i only died on the first boss once cuz u only start w/ 3 hearts but since that boss i've never used a fairy cuz of a boss, even Zant only took away aobut 5 or 6 hearts but i'm sure ganon will take away more. idk if its cuz i was yonger when i played ocarina and wasn't as good but i remember them being much harder and even the mid temple bosses being harder, like dark link, he was nearly impossible. The bosses are fun in this one cuz you get to use some of your special sword skills on them and see what works but i remember after damaging the temple bosses and them transforming into something else being genuinely<spell> scared, the good old days.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I first died as a wolf when those screeching monsters appeared...they do a whole heart of damage after all. I couldn't hold B long enough to kill them all at once and I shamefully got taken out.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Go to the Gerudo Desert and under the giant bridge piece there is a cave. I think it was called the cave of Ordeals or something. It is hard. Very hard. There are, I think, fifty floors filled with enimies. No getting supplies, almost no health besides what you bring with you and no saving and coming back. I got to floor 40 something and died. :(
If someone thinks it is easy I will feel bad. Though I didn't have the giant quiver or wallet or bomb bag, which would have helped.

I think the screeching things killed me when I was human once, I couldn't get them close for a spin attack.

Zant was surprisingly easy too.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zelda controls really, really well on the Wii. Aiming rocks face and camera control is never an issue. Swordplay is sort of lame at first, but when you acquire some new moves it really comes into its own. Plus fishing is badass. In short, I agree with Osco.

(omg plz dont ban me)

PLUS, Nintendo ****ed up the Cube controls (probably on purpose) by giving you only two item slots as opposed to the three in Wind Waker and the four in TP Wii. They're trying to show you the light, Cashed!

Also, I don't get why you bought the Wii version at all if you're buying the Cube version next week.

primusfan

Smash Ace
^^^Not old news. The article is from yesterday.

Thats complete bull-****. Taking the Wii off the market? Who the hell do they think they are?

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt anything will become of it; either the government will throw it out, or Nintendo will offer such a huge settlement, that Interlink will not be able to say "no" to.

However, if it does go through, and the Wii is to be taken off of the market...geesh, you'll have a lot of unhappy gamers, and a Nintendo system that will have to rely on the Gamecube controller for the next 4-5 years...not good.

Still, I highly doubt that that will happen.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Or maybe we could start an angry mob and threaten interlink if they continue on with this. Angry mobs are the choice for everything. Skip peaceful negotiations and get to the angry mob part and burn things and beat the crap of people for no reason and complain a lot.

Edit: Or maybe we could plant a bomb on some hapless person and blow up the place. Any volunteers? Um, why are you guys looking at me? You're making me feel uncomfortable. Guys?

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
wow so all my firends ais that i woul have no problem getting a wii today. i didnt get one. its sunday morning WTF!? i waited in line at best buy for an hour just for them to tell me taht they are not restocking till next sunday...i thought they were restocking every sunday...what is this...all other stores did not have them either what gives?

man, its gonna be hard now to find a wii before christmas...now im compeating with parents that will do anything to please their kids...i guess i wot have one till Januruary.....

dam it ill just wake up a 6am and got o best buy again next week cuz they open at 8. 2 hours should be enough i think. the thing has been out for a month...this is SO frustrating...i want to play zelda so bad! i dont care if its easy, i just want to get it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
wow so all my firends ais that i woul have no problem getting a wii today. i didnt get one. its sunday morning WTF!? i waited in line at best buy for an hour just for them to tell me taht they are not restocking till next sunday...i thought they were restocking every sunday...what is this...all other stores did not have them either what gives?

man, its gonna be hard now to find a wii before christmas...now im compeating with parents that will do anything to please their kids...i guess i wot have one till Januruary.....

dam it ill just wake up a 6am and got o best buy again next week cuz they open at 8. 2 hours should be enough i think. the thing has been out for a month...this is SO frustrating...i want to play zelda so bad! i dont care if its easy, i just want to get it.
Yeah, for some reason, all the stores where I live didn't have any Wiis today either. Try looking for a store that is sort of out-of-the-ways, because there's a good chance they might have one. I found a Circuit City yesterday that had 10 or so Wiis while searching for Nunchuks, but the store was kind of nestled in an odd location.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, for some reason, all the stores where I live didn't have any Wiis today either. Try looking for a store that is sort of out-of-the-ways, because there's a good chance they might have one. I found a Circuit City yesterday that had 10 or so Wiis while searching for Nunchuks, but the store was kind of nestled in an odd location.
Not being able to find extra controllers is really bizarre, and frustrating. I can't remember a console that I couldn't find controllers for before.. Seems they always were in plentiful supply, you know? I'd love to pick up another Wiimote and Nunchuk, but they're nowhere to be seen.

I did reserve Wii Play when I picked up my Wii, though, and that comes with a Wiimote, so atleast by JANUARY 16TH I'll have a second controller. /cry

And I really want to play Zelda, so I'm considering opening it and getting my dad something else for Christmas... he does always steal my 1GB USB memory key, perhaps I could get him his own.

Zink

Smash Champion
My guess is that Nin's advertising worked better than they expected- lots of nongamers lined up and bought extra controllers. Lame.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
i got my wii on launch too and i got an extra wiimote and didn't take a nunchuck cuz two player with nunchuck is only boxing so i didnt bother.

Cashed, you should try it, but if u want the gamecube version then go ahead wait. I've Seen the wiimotes everywhere but not the nunchucks.

People dissusing Zelda, go to the zelda thread also i never died to one boss except for the miniboss in the ice temple.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
My guess is that Nin's advertising worked better than they expected- lots of nongamers lined up and bought extra controllers. Lame.
My guess is that because multi-player can only be enjoyed person to person everyone who bought a Wii bought extra controllers. Coupled with the people who by Wii-motes even though they don't have a Wii (like those who bought TP even though they don't own a Wii yet) is why there's a shortage.

Wal-Mart seems to get controllers in pretty often, I just hate going there.

Top Bottom