• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
he actually never used that account to post in the old MLP thread (which is closed now)

i think most of his posts are from the brawl boards

whereas the MLP and LoL threads alone are responsible for half of my total posts :shades:

haters gonna hate.
:fluttershy:

john!

Smash Hero
it's only one thread

and since the original thread in media metropolis was closed (because we spam too much), one of our friends got premium membership for all the regulars in the original thread, so that we could continue spamming in the premium member forum (which doesn't have spam restrictions)

tl;dr basically we just spam and talk about random ****, it's pretty much a social thread

edit: also, magic and friendship

You scrubs care about post count?
This scrub thinks multiple people care about post count.
You guys better both go to the brony forum a lot more
When the 1st season ended, which I think was like a year ago now or something, I stopped posting at the thread. Show was decent once you got past the stigma about it, but I spam the Brawl stuff looking for ideas since so few people play in madison. Plus, I'm moderating the brawl falco board and the general brawl discussion sub-forum, which has like 4 other sub-forums in it (thankfully most are dead). That's why post count is high. Melee is the more fun/better game, but I want to play all three.

Someone give me PS1 titles to play. Never got around to that barrel of monkey fun.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
crash bandicoot trilogy (after 3 they sucked) is good
what genre are you thinking of? It's hard to recommend games just for a platform

I'm open to pretty much anything since there are usually good games in every genre. But, I would prefer strategy, RPG, platform, and adventure. Not too big on "car" (racing) games or shooters.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Speaking of PS stuff, I have a PS2 that's already hacked and comes with 007 agent under fire and megaman x collection that I'm selling for ~$50 if anyone's interested.

Hacked in what way? Like it has a modchip or homebrew on it? I've sort of wanted to dump the bios from a PS2 to use the PCSX2 emulator for a PC. And what model is it?

SCPH-*****-*** or something like that should be on one of the back labels. The model number just gives me an idea of what features it has since they did a couple of revisions to the fat PS2 during its lifespan.

I'm interested in it, but not entirely sure yet.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I'm open to pretty much anything since there are usually good games in every genre. But, I would prefer strategy, RPG, platform, and adventure. Not too big on "car" (racing) games or shooters.
some of my favs in that genre range are final fantasy tactics, parasite eve 1+2, vagrant story, ape escape, armored core series, dino crisis, metal gear solid, spyro/crash bandicoot series. also maybe check out kings field series, spiritual predecessor to demon souls/dark souls, VERY atmospheric first-person RPG but an acquired taste.

john!

Smash Hero
so guys, i'm 90% sure that i'm going to accept a job offer in downtown chicago next week

which means we won't be playing/hanging out nearly as often :(

but i will definitely try to make it to most of the WI tournaments

my smash career started here, after all ;) doesn't seem that long ago, even though i was a freshman

hopefully you guys will keep coming to the big IL tourneys as well

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Chicago is cool, another of my comp sci friends is interning there now. Congratulations, John.

And I'm going to be in Madison for at least another year or two so I'll try to host ore tournaments. We should have an annual old-school tournament like IMDB 4.

Also, smashfests every Sunday in Madison this summer. I have a room in Union South from 4-10, let me know when peeps wanna play.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Good **** John! We in dat real world. I will miss ya, except for throwing cheese at me last year!

We'll make sure to go to chicago tournaments and fox you in bracket.

Also, good **** to sam as well.

It makes me scare that I'll be in the real world at the end of 2013. ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

john!

Smash Hero
thanks guys. i think i lucked out a bit, or maybe i've gotten really good at interviews after so many tries lol

@ sam: that would be sweet. what are you gonna be doing after graduation?

@ sanchaz: what if the real world sucks... i'm kinda scared :crying:

don't worry though, i got this

The legend of John's Nasus.

R.I.P.
dat corki tho...

ORLY

Smash Master
how's frank's SF training going?

also: sanchaz did you seeeeeeee the esports stream from this past weekend?

holy **********

EDIT: censored myself i don't want jeff to report me :/

Top Bottom