• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
yeah I never went to a real SC2 tournament even though I played it a ton, and when SC3 came I didn't play it as much. but now I'm playing a lot of SC4 and having a blast.

PSN: PhoenixDevice

adding you when i get the chance
vggs in sc4 cosmo...u did well vs me. i hope my flashiness wasn't too overwhelming lmao. u have a real solid talim...stick with her. join us on www.caliburforums.com to find other competitive sc4 players like myself. there r a good handful in wi.

Zicore

Smash Champion
He's probably concerned more i wth the fact that the community isn't supporting melee in the rare cases it comes around.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I just don't understand how almost all of WI just wants to throw away a game that brought us all together and gave us so many good times. Yeah, its an old game, but seriously. People still play Street Fighter 2 like a mother ****er.

I find it sad that only 5 people from WI were willing to go to Zjiins tourney. This is the reason I dislike WI smash cept for those few people. Its sickening.

Zjiin, way to step up and host another kick *** tourney. See you in a few weeks for those smashfests.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Quick check - I might be in Appleton this Friday for work. Is there any chance of catching a Smashfest while I'm out there? I'd probably be ready around 4pm and could stay until 10pm or so.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
hmm......... maybe. My sister's wedding is Saturday and there's a practice on Friday so theres a slim chance we can get something going. could anyone else make it to my house?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
This weekend won't work for me sadly. Kish, will stopping by WI for your job happen often or even somewhat often? If so, we could always plan another smashfest then.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Bleh, nevermind. It's not gonna happen this week, but maybe next Friday. Sorry! ^_^

18spikes, I'll PM you if things get confirmed.

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I just don't understand how almost all of WI just wants to throw away a game that brought us all together and gave us so many good times. Yeah, its an old game, but seriously. People still play Street Fighter 2 like a mother ****er.

I find it sad that only 5 people from WI were willing to go to Zjiins tourney. This is the reason I dislike WI smash cept for those few people. Its sickening.

Zjiin, way to step up and host another kick *** tourney. See you in a few weeks for those smashfests.
so.........

i think you are moving right?

KishSquared

Smash Master
I'd love to have you guys up here. Would Friday or Saturday work? If not I could probably do Thursday night, it'd just need to start and end sooner.

Zicore

Smash Champion
friday during the day might work. I only have Wednesday and Thursday off, but I work nights, so I have all day friday off.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Well, I work during the day, so Friday won't work then. I could do Thursday though, starting around 6pm and going until 10 or so. Would that be worth it? Who all could come?

Zicore

Smash Champion
it would have been cosmo, myself, and maybe Devy, but seeing as how cosmo is sick, probably not.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Can no one come if Cosmo can't? And who is Devy?

We can wait and see how Cosmo feels by Thursday, I have no problem being spontaneous.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I think you missed my comment kish, but is coming down to Appleton on fridays going to be something that happens often? There's at lesat 5-7 smashers in that area. Being Myself, Spikes, Hunger, Vinodh, Grimace, Fatboy, and wafles, and at somepoint Im sure we can get a fest going.

KishSquared

Smash Master
But I LOVE Bowser (read: Brawl). Haha, sorry LJ, you're right that I missed your comments earlier. It looks like we posted at the same time. My job doesn't actually take me there often. I take Cisco IT certification exams and Appleton appears to be the closest place to take them. As such, whenever I take an exam, I'd love to make it a point to swing by and play some Smash. This Friday just didn't work for me, so I'm aiming for next Friday.

I'm dying to play WI people though. Someone make something happen. If I host a tournament in Marshfield, will people come??

Zicore

Smash Champion
But I LOVE Bowser (read: Brawl). Haha, sorry LJ, you're right that I missed your comments earlier. It looks like we posted at the same time. My job doesn't actually take me there often. I take Cisco IT certification exams and Appleton appears to be the closest place to take them. As such, whenever I take an exam, I'd love to make it a point to swing by and play some Smash. This Friday just didn't work for me, so I'm aiming for next Friday.

I'm dying to play WI people though. Someone make something happen. If I host a tournament in Marshfield, will people come??
If myself and cosmo can make it up there soon, we should do it.

Edit: We should also talk about co-hosting a tourney.

Zicore

Smash Champion
cosmo said no...but he might be able to.

I'll see if devy can come along with my other friend wicky. maybe get some eof too.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I'd might be able to get to Marshfield. I need a car first. Speaking of tournies. Im going to start looking for a venue for Articuno2. I'm thinking Early to Mid October. So look forward to that.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I'm not sure that I want to host a tournament two hours away -_- I'm looking forward to making it out to some tournies that way though.

Top Bottom