• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Quaz

Smash Master
Gio still has quite a bit of work in the Fox match up yet.

Sorry Gio, I'm gonna say it right here but Im pretty sure Sanchaz will beat you. Not do tech skill stuff, but he will get the generic fox stuff down easily. He's also good at shine spiking, something that still gets to you pretty often. This is jut my opinion and maybe you'll surprise me who knows.

Don't worry though, once you learn to combo fox hard enough you just may get em.

Quaz

Smash Master
Sorry Genkaku but you're too far north of me to pick you up =( plus my car already has 4 people (it could fit 5 but it would be uncomfy)

I would still take you though, if you could get to me somehow I'd be more than happy to actually.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
Gio still has quite a bit of work in the Fox match up yet.

Sorry Gio, I'm gonna say it right here but Im pretty sure Sanchaz will beat you. Not do tech skill stuff, but he will get the generic fox stuff down easily. He's also good at shine spiking, something that still gets to you pretty often. This is jut my opinion and maybe you'll surprise me who knows.

Don't worry though, once you learn to combo fox hard enough you just may get em.
alright quaz u will b suprised :) also remember how i said its cuz fox is too fast?? well a no tech skill fox is perfect of what i want to play but all get betteR and guess what you will be the one that will teach me the stuff i forget learn from losing..

:phone:

Zicore

Smash Champion
Haha, I remember that pool!!! Sooo many peach players.. poor dart.
1. I lost to Darkrains wife in that pool. 2. I beat dart with ganon, not peach :D

alright quaz u will b suprised :) also remember how i said its cuz fox is too fast?? well a no tech skill fox is perfect of what i want to play but all get betteR and guess what you will be the one that will teach me the stuff i forget learn from losing..

...I'm fairly sure that everyone in the history of Melee wants to play a "no tech skill fox". That means the fox sucks. I've never really played against a fox that wasn't techy and was good...

G

genkaku

I'm sorry I have to ask for help getting places. I would drive myself to everything but I rely on the city bus so I obviously can't.
Lol, I promise to do better next time, gio! Falco dittos are weird, but are also really really cool. ( @_@)
We should play again soon and try different MUs and stuff. I'm curious to see your other characters!

So what if the walls in traditional fighters were eliminated and the replacement is a loop?

...I'm fairly sure that everyone in the history of Melee wants to play a "no tech skill fox". That means the fox sucks. I've never really played against a fox that wasn't techy and was good...
How much tech does it take to be techy? I'd think a Fox could get pretty far without any shine antics. The ability to do most basic things such as tech, l-cancel, and short hop is about all the tech skill you ever need with fox. The rest is application, if that counts as tech.

Wake

Smash Master
I also think that Fox can get by without being "techy." At least in the way I assume you mean it.

Fox is good with well placed bairs, uthrow-->uairs, laser camping, utilting, and upsmashing.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I have to ask for help getting places. I would drive myself to everything but I rely on the city bus so I obviously can't.
Lol, I promise to do better next time, gio! Falco dittos are weird, but are also really really cool. ( @_@)
We should play again soon and try different MUs and stuff. I'm curious to see your other characters!
sure man :)

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
w/out walls in a 2d fighter there's no positional advantage and you just have to worry about spacing between players. You'd probably also get stupid **** like spamming backdash or jump back while shooting a projectile being an unbeatable strategy because you'll never run out of space to run away.
It'd be like playing melee on hrc stage. falcon is top tier.

I thought of possibly narrowing the max distance which can be maintained by two characters at a time to prevent that. I guess no matter the game design, there will always be issues.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
John, Sanchez isn't going anymore so I'm pretty sure you can have his spot. Call him to confirm.

Also does anybody wanna team for SMYM? John?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I thought of possibly narrowing the max distance which can be maintained by two characters at a time to prevent that. I guess no matter the game design, there will always be issues.
you wouldn't have to be super far away, just out of range. You can't for them to be in range of each other, that would ruin the game.

you could make it so backing up is slower than moving forward, but it would still be awkward and mess up other parts of gameplay.

besides, I don't consider corners in fighting games a design flaw, I think they add the the game.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
you wouldn't have to be super far away, just out of range. You can't for them to be in range of each other, that would ruin the game.

you could make it so backing up is slower than moving forward, but it would still be awkward and mess up other parts of gameplay.

besides, I don't consider corners in fighting games a design flaw, I think they add the the game.
Truth ^
2D fighters are the business.

john!

Smash Hero
i'm hoping people don't recognize me at the tournament so i can go around pretending to be a scrub and getting easy money matches

now i just need to learn what everyone better than me looks like, and it's FREE $ BABY

Zicore

Smash Champion
So what if the walls in traditional fighters were eliminated and the replacement is a loop?

How much tech does it take to be techy? I'd think a Fox could get pretty far without any shine antics. The ability to do most basic things such as tech, l-cancel, and short hop is about all the tech skill you ever need with fox. The rest is application, if that counts as tech.
I don't really know...All the characters I play require minimal tech skill and rely heavily on mind-games :p FFS, it took me 8 damn years to get a wall jump in tourney...

Zicore

Smash Champion
Way to represent WI, ya shmuck! HIS NAME IS IN THE TITLE OF THE DAMN THREAD FOR ****S SAKE! That is like an advertisement for a Tim Burton movie appearing, and then going to the movie and NOT having Johnny Depp be the star. IT JUST DOESN'T ****ING HAPPEN!

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Sanchaz, Laura Petri sent out an email saying she was looking for a shift to pick up at US Saturday, and I'll take it if she won't. Get to SMYM!!

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
WI, i love my wi community, people arent on here to judge how i write,i got into to smash to get better to beat ppl not make friends.but i intend to learn from my wi smashers frootloops falco, exspecially. quaz has taught me what i need to kno and let me go with that and for that im grateful thank u bud :) but also dnt get me wrong i love to trash talk not to the point wer we fight thou cus i hav to much respect for my self, im lookim to learn from sanchez,frootloop,zicore,mudungu,john, lik i said im not into smash to make freinds im hear to win so if u dnt like me, hey u dnt like me thats not my goal, jus wanted to say that to my wi community

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
WI, i love my wi community, people arent on here to judge how i write,i got into to smash to get better to beat ppl not make friends.but i intend to learn from my wi smashers frootloops falco, exspecially. quaz has taught me what i need to kno and let me go with that and for that im grateful thank u bud :) but also dnt get me wrong i love to trash talk not to the point wer we fight thou cus i hav to much respect for my self, im lookim to learn from sanchez,frootloop,zicore,mudungu,john, lik i said im not into smash to make freinds im hear to win so if u dnt like me, hey u dnt like me thats not my goal, jus wanted to say that to my wi community

yo if you ever see me at a tourney just ask and we'll play some friendlies

sanchaz

Smash Lord

I didn't read what you type, but I heard your falco is trash. say what!?

We in there! See ya Saturday non-sanchaz player. D-D-D-Damn!

Sanchaz-2 Gio-0. I'll see ya in losers now. :D

He just doesn't stop.

john!

Smash Hero
cmon, they're basically the same thing.

anyone can be a rapper, even sanchaz :cool:

step 1: record your voice reading something, making sure to stress the right syllables
step 2: mashup your voice recording with a background beat (something like this)
step 3: congrats, you are now a rapper

Top Bottom