• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Going to be in Manitowoc WI for the next week for work would like to play some melee with some locals if there are any near by. I main Doc. I play with Cactuar and M2k on a regular basis.
there are no locals on that side of lake winnebago, closest is me in Neenah an hour away, if you wanna make the drive here we could maybe round up some other WI smashers for a fest

Velocity

Smash Lord
there are no locals on that side of lake winnebago, closest is me in Neenah an hour away, if you wanna make the drive here we could maybe round up some other WI smashers for a fest
I'll have to see first what my schedule there is since I will be in class every day that I'm there and second what hotel I'm at and if I have a rental car.

john!

Smash Hero
frootloop would be first

and the next 4 would be sanchaz, vino, me, and quaz in any order depending on the day/weather/packers schedule/etc.

it would be a dumb list because #5 would beat #2 half the time

sanchaz

Smash Lord
frootloop would be first

and the next 4 would be sanchaz, vino, me, and quaz in any order depending on the day/weather/packers schedule/etc.

I actually place myself tied with fruitloop, just because I beat peeps that he struggles with.

Fruitloop SHOULD BE THE BEST player in the midwest BY FAR. however, I believe he is being hold back by two things:

1) SILLYNESS!!!! wakeup forward smash when the opponent has offensive momentum doesn't make any sense.

2) Respecting his opponent a little bit more.

Not saying that he needs a lot of improvement, but fruitloop, dude, just watch dr.pee pee.

I believe that I need to capitalize offensive momentum, recovery, and a little bit on Out of shield options.

Just my two cents.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
sanchaz you play too much marvel now, start playing melee again and you'll start ****** ppl again
but I like marvel, lol. Its a good game. I have potential to represent wisconsin. I believe that I'm the best in the midwest by a good margin. I don't mean to sound cocky, but its true.

Melee is such a technical game. I simply can't do some of foxes **** like L cancel foxes down air. It frustrates me so much. I've practice it so much and still fail, :/. Kind of demotivates me when I want to get better.

Which is why I love sheik. :).

ORLY

Smash Master
yoooooo ho ho i just saw kerahime on the final round recorded matches

he lost but i think he's in losers now. can't wait to see him later

(it's a strange feeling watching a mvc stream when there's someone you've met!)

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Melee is such a technical game. I simply can't do some of foxes **** like L cancel foxes down air.

Which is why I love sheik. :).
LOL

Also, WI power ranking:
1. FrootLoop
2. Sanchaz
3. John
4. Quaz (Because John beat you last tournament I saw - sorry Quaz)
5. Vino (because you never go to tourneys - seriously, go to tourneys)
6. Mundungu
7. Gibby
8. Me

DISCLAIMER: I haven't played Gio so I don't know where he'd go and I haven't seen Gibby in a while so I might beat him now.

john!

Smash Hero
yeah, quaz beats me in tournament, and i beat sanchaz in tournament (even when he uses fox). that's why no list will make any sense, the individual player matchups are too tangled

I do not get why we never tried hosting smaller tournament for simply ourselves. Its not like every time we do a tournament, there has to be 50 people coming. We just rent out a room somewhere on campus and have like a 5 dollar entry fee for straight up singles or doubles. We could do that monthly and have a larger tournament arranged that we set-up in advance like the previous IMDB.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Definitely disagree with my placement. I don't always go to tournaments, but when I do, I do pretty well (insert XX meme). I usually end up knocking out some good players each tournament.

Regardless, John is right. Making a tier list is useless for such a small amount of people who play each other regularly. People have made WI tier lists several times before (look through the thread) and every time it ends in the same arguments of who beats who. Focus on "WI vs other states in tournaments that matter" instead of WI vs WI.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I do not get why we never tried hosting smaller tournament for simply ourselves. Its not like every time we do a tournament, there has to be 50 people coming. We just rent out a room somewhere on campus and have like a 5 dollar entry fee for straight up singles or doubles. We could do that monthly and have a larger tournament arranged that we set-up in advance like the previous IMDB.
If you guys did monthlies or bimonthlies, that would be great. Minnesota doesn't look like there will be a SMASH! Minnesota 3 anytime soon. And there aren't many tournaments near Eau Claire besides Madison / Minnesota.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
frootloop would be first

naww i really disagree we jus need to jus hav one i think i can beat sanchez lol and sum peach players foreal

:phone:

G

genkaku

lol, gio, you are either waaaaay overestimating yourself or I have too much respect for other players.
I went even with you messing around and having not played falco for months (and I've never played a falco ditto before, those lasers are a pain in the ***). I definitely **** foxes harder than you do and I'm pretty sure that sanchaz would get an easy 2-3 stock on me until I get more experience playing better players.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
idk

if there is an open spot in a car then i will probably go

i'm an indecisive ***** so i sometimes end up missing opportunities for rides and stuff

that being said, does anyone know if there is room in a WI SMYM car?
call mundungu

also sanchaz 2 good.

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
@genkuku yea we went even,but i also beat u 10-4 falco dittos i counted n as far as fox goes u mite be rite u probably do **** foxes harder than me but...sanchez has no tech skill haha im not sayin he suks but i be leave in my self i lose to quaz peach all the time,beat him once? ..but i never get discrouged,so keep that in mind also i play more than u trust me, @lights out we need a power ranking for :)

:phone:

Top Bottom