• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Zicore

Smash Champion
So for those of you who had never experienced The Darkrain...was it everything you hoped it'd be?

Also, did Sanchez mm Tink or no?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
double post: $55 ****ing dollars for a Sony controller???? **** you Gamestop. I can understand $40, but that is ****ing greedy. Goodbye forever.

Ebay has the exact controller for $25, "we in there!"

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Alright peeps: tourney is going to be April 14th at Union South, once Ace gets the room confirmed. He's been pretty busy, unlike me lurking at 3am, :/.

Any ideas for the tourney will be welcome, like Minnesota vs Wisconsin crew battle. Sanchaz destroying Hunger at Blitz. Idk, I'm just asking for some creativity here.

It seems as if there is a Milwaukee scene too. Quaz, we need to update who is currently active.

.......today is pie day, and half way through the spring semester. Does anyone have any plans over the summer?

I disliked taking the ACT. GL with that.

Perhaps we might finally try out the doubles crews Sam had thought about? No idea if it ever actually got used at some point.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I'll put up the thread as soon as the room reservation is approved. It took a while because the normal venue is closed in April.

As far as the ACT goes, it doesn't matter when you take it schools don't start sending acceptances until October, then continue sending them in waves until May. Also, it's easy and you'll be fine whenever.

G

genkaku

It's the earliest we can take it. The earlier it's done the higher up on the list of colleges we apply to will be iirc. School > smash in this case.
The main advantage to taking it early is that you can potentially take it again later. One of my friends went from a 27 to a 31 by doing that. It's a good way to bump up scholarship stuff sometimes.
I studied the night before I took mine and got a 33 and I was applying to freakin' art colleges where the average is 22, so I didn't bother, haha.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
That's one of the reasons StandardToaster and I are taking it on the 14th. The other reason is that it's pretty much the only time we can take the ACT. We can't take the ACT on the other days they provide, because our summer is pretty much taken up entirely.

I'm sure I'll do fine on the 14th and won't need to retake it. I've been taking practice ACTs for a few weekends so far and have had an average of 22 and will continue to take practice ACTs until the day of the test. And UWEC needs at least a 22 for acceptance, so I'll be fine. :)

sanchaz

Smash Lord
That's one of the reasons StandardToaster and I are taking it on the 14th. The other reason is that it's pretty much the only time we can take the ACT. We can't take the ACT on the other days they provide, because our summer is pretty much taken up entirely.

I'm sure I'll do fine on the 14th and won't need to retake it. I've been taking practice ACTs for a few weekends so far and have had an average of 22 and will continue to take practice ACTs until the day of the test. And UWEC needs at least a 22 for acceptance, so I'll be fine. :)
Why not madison or milwaukee? if you get a 25 or higher, I'm sure you'll get accepted if you have a good G.P.A.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
This is on the verge of turning into an ACT/SAT score contest. I'm not going to say mine unless someone asks.

('cause I don't want to make anyone feel bad lol)

In all seriousness, you should take it early if you're worried about it just for peace of mind. You wouldn't play well at a tournament if you felt like you should be elsewhere doing schoolwork.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I only took it once as well. SAT score as a tiebreaker?

It wouldn't be a money match since there's no "match" being played. We could do a standardized test money match, though, where we speedrun a standardized test and the best score wins.

G

genkaku

Your one hell of a troll, LMAO!!!
lol, I do really well with tests but the ACT is super easy. Monk and toaster will be more than fine, I'm sure.
Also I would probably lose an SAT contest with anyone that did really well. I didn't study for that one at all, haha.

I ended up taking the ACT twice. The highest sequence of math I remember being on there was trigonometry. I cannot recall how much of trigonometry was needed. I'm not sure if you were expected to know the unit circle and some simple identities. The cos^2 and sin^2 = 1 is about it.

The science section was nothing more than can you make interpretations of data. No math or specific science knowledge that I recall. All reasoning.

I believe the English section was nothing more than grammar, spelling, and punctuation. The sort of things that most people do not really care about and you nearly always have the chance to have some person good at English review your papers anyway.

I do not recall the reading portion at all. I think you just read about 2-4 short stories and asked two types of questions. 1) Relay the information you just read about. 2) Make an interpretation about what you just read about.

The writing portion sucked. "We will give you 30 minutes to write some sort of argument about a topic. Specifically, you must make an argument about something you will likely never have thought about before and it will be a boring educational argument."

Besides, the scaling curve for the ACT is sort of awkward to me. If you get pretty much a 26 or higher, you are in the 75 percentile. The difference between a 30 and 33 is like a whole 5 percent.

@Genkaku: I have no idea how one can even study for the ACT/SAT. Other than memorizing your math and basic grammar rules. Reading and Science sections are completely logical reasoning and stuff. Not exactly something you study other than expose yourself to it a lot in school somehow.

Top Bottom