• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

new to smash boards

hey i was wondering if there were any offline brawl tourneys or any melee tourneys near janesville WI ( for anyone that wants to know i'm a brawl G&W main, + the alterego part is in melee my top 2 are Doc mario and regular mario)

"Remember Smashfests at Exarch's this thursday."

Qdoba's is expansive. 6 dollars for a cheese quesdila. Rip off. I was thinking of using Shiek for brawl more often, but I am thinking against it.

@Alterego: You are like right between two cities that have a smash scene somewhat, Milwaukee and Madison. If you got transportation to either, you are good to go. Apart form that, I have no idea for Janesville.

G

genkaku

@ alterego, if you can drive you are our savior.

@xeylode, milwaukee would have a scene, but no one answers messages on time. Plus we are bums without cars.

Quaz

Smash Master
Yo I think Im relatively close to Janesville. Im more of a melee guy though.

Anyone want to play this saturday evening? I get off work at 4

maaaaybe I could host a quazfest? or perhaps Madison could host something and I'll totally show up!

@xeylode, milwaukee would have a scene, but no one answers messages on time. Plus we are bums without cars.
Anyone want to play this saturday evening? I get off work at 4

maaaaybe I could host a quazfest? or perhaps Madison could host something and I'll totally show up!
Genkaku, how spread out is Milwaukee area? I consider myself not a bum because I walk 20 minutes everytime I want to smash with someone on campus. Living in the furtherest reaches of campus is annoying at times *sigh*

Alright, apprently the label "smashfest" for all of you WI people is not enough incentive to work harder. It seems we need the label "tournament", "free food", and "pot", to draw all of you together at the same time. Once I get my TV this thanksgiving or perhaps sooner if I somehow buy one for like 40 dollars or less, I am going to really start jumping down sanchaz's throat to get that permission to use ogg hall and perhaps we can get a tournament started on a regular basis.

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice

Alright, apprently the label "smashfest" for all of you WI people is not enough incentive to work harder. It seems we need the label "tournament", "free food", and "pot", to draw all of you together at the same time. s.
Chansen and Zicore will be there!

john!

Smash Hero
what do you mean by "pot"?

if you mean a collection of money to be distributed to the winners... then some madison smashers will show up and be very disappointed

oh wow i got ninja'd by freakin vino, i suck

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
lol at this thread, when did WI get so happy? I'm going to talk to my Boss this saturday about the venue for Nov 7th, if I hear any complaints about the date, I gave everyone like 6 days to give me a better option, and like 4 people said something.

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
lol at this thread, when did WI get so happy? I'm going to talk to my Boss this saturday about the venue for Nov 7th, if I hear any complaints about the date, I gave everyone like 6 days to give me a better option, and like 4 people said something.
Yeah seriously wisconsin is too happy now. It's all Madisons fault.

john!

Smash Hero
we just need dajayman and kennispam to come in and spam random **** and then we'll all get pissed again and everything will be okay

or i could post a sad picture, lemme go find one

edit:

We got a local smashfest every week. I could easily see it turning into a weekly tourament if you all showed up. Drive out to see us. It will be fun.

Tis a joke people. Meant to provoke people into coming this thursday :)
I am hype building, but I feel as if I killed it just now.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
WI suffers from a lack of Sheiks.

Also, NC suffers from a lack of Qdobas.
ouch, 10 ouches

$6 is not very expensive btw, unless you just compare to wendy's or something. If you;'re comparing to other fast food, I'd say it's a better deal, with quality / quantity factored in.

I could prob host something this saturday if people are interested.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Now now lone jedi, its not like you go to any either.

Is anyone even interested in my smashfests anymore?? if not maybe I should just cancel them haha.
Fair Enough. Btw, 6 dollars is def not a rip off. I love Dobas Nachos, some of the best ever.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Ok just called the hotel, the 7th isn't available lol. Ok so this is really important, I REALLY need feedback on this. I know thers a Brawl tourney down in Racine on the 30th, would having a melee tourney on the same day be bad? If it is, I'll just do the 13th, but I need to know soon.

"Remember, smashfest at exarch's on thursday"

Ok just called the hotel, the 7th isn't available lol. Ok so this is really important, I REALLY need feedback on this. I know thers a Brawl tourney down in Racine on the 30th, would having a melee tourney on the same day be bad? If it is, I'll just do the 13th, but I need to know soon.
As far as I know, I am the only competitive brawl player in madison. So, I do not think anyone near madison will be going to racine at all for a brawl tournament. I think hosting a melee tournament on the same day wouldn't really matter to anyone here.

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
Triple post. *sigh*
Now he's become just another new guy for me to troll.

G

genkaku

i don't even have my liscence, and i would need a job and i'm gettin more of a melee guy myself even though i do play borh
it's alright. I refuse to play brawl on principle, anyway.
Pens and I are freshman at MIAD, oh so relieved to be out of highschool, haha.
If we ever get something going and have a means of getting you there we'll let you know.

Top Bottom