• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

G

genkaku

Melee I'm assuming?

Either way, if you hosted tourneys in milwaukee i'd show up
Of course.
I'm looking into doing something at the student union, but keep in mind I'm the best one here and I just started playing in April, haha.
So Madison is the closest place with regular activity?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I will be updating frequent quotes mention by smasher john on the wi thread, quotes are taken from john in context on what he thinks about melee and other things...( mainly his hate for sanchaz)

"Falcon is a mindless character, he is also a good character"
"Dreamland is a bull**** stage for marth"
"**** you sanchaz! Write that down."
"This game is bull**** because it depends solely on luck" note: quote is directed towards the monopoly board game.
"All stages are gay to a certain degree"
"Sanchaz you are such a ****ing sellout for choosing the most gayest character in the game" note: character mention in quotes is aka fox.

I will be posting more frequent quotes from john in the near future, stick around.

Sago

Smash Lord
Of course.
I'm looking into doing something at the student union, but keep in mind I'm the best one here and I just started playing in April, haha.
So Madison is the closest place with regular activity?
Artists blow at games. Cosmo excluded. Cosmo pretty much is exempt from every argument.

P.s. Virgin pikachu wrecked shop at "geek sex with a real gamer girl" Saturday night. Ragein real hard

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
So some random pikachu main that happens to be a girl comes over and beats you all at a smashfest and now you are mad?
It either means he dressed as Pikachu at Geek con (anime conventions hold free Brawl tournaments) won again named something like Virgin Pikachu, and he banged a real gamer girl. Not sure why he's raging though.

So do you rage often? If you do, that explains the dinosaur avatar with sharp teeth.

I say we do a mini tournament next time we are at exarch's.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Someone should host a large madison tournament again. Melee and brawl. 30+ people.

I know milwaukee used to have stuff too...

BUMP FOR REVIVING WI SMASH SCENE

Anyone got TIO? Or use it a lot?

Edit: I just noticed that one of the student orgs. this year is Starcraft II. Last year they had Human vs. Zombie's club. If someone got something as weird as that as a student org., why the heck don't we do the same? I swear, it would probably be great to reach out to new people.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Anyone got TIO? Or use it a lot?

Edit: I just noticed that one of the student orgs. this year is Starcraft II. Last year they had Human vs. Zombie's club. If someone got something as weird as that as a student org., why the heck don't we do the same? I swear, it would probably be great to reach out to new people.
I use Tio for every local Waukesha has. I know it very well. Then again, it isnt exactly difficult to learn.

Also, SC2 is way bigger than Brawl. WAY bigger. There're reasons why its already picked up an enormous international scene (and no, its not just because Brood War.)

Mundungu

Smash Lord
LOL at the interpretations at Sago's raging post!

BW might be better long term, but I actually like SC2 more right now since the metagame hasn't evolved into one build you have to do in every matchup yet. BW had no creativity towards the end (and was unplayable if you weren't a korean robot).

Top Bottom