• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

xeylode: lol's thats pretty starting a cool smash student org, yea let us know whats up.
'that's pretty starting a' This phrase makes it sound like starting up a smash scene on campus through student orgs is the gayest thing ever. Nice to know what people think of the idea :laugh:

If you get a smash org goin I'll bring my setup, although as you know the first few minutes will be spent trying to get my cube to read the disc. I only have melee, which would be seen as a pro to some and a con to others.
Well, I need to read up on the process first. And there are a number of problems to solve before starting such a thing. So, it won't be for awhile anyway. I am thinking about it though.

Well, I'll check back in like another hour or so. Have to finish up a paper before tomorrow.

I say we all meet at "Chadbourne Hall" unless someone is bringing a set-up from their place. If I recall, one of you left a TV over at exarch's last time, so I know there is at least two set-ups over there. Chadbourne is pretty much the center from Ogg, Witte, and Kron.

Exarch, I still need to play you in brawl, but I feel that won't be happening lol

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
I say we all meet at "Chadbourne Hall" unless someone is bringing a set-up from their place. If I recall, one of you left a TV over at exarch's last time, so I know there is at least two set-ups over there. Chadbourne is pretty much the center from Ogg, Witte, and Kron.

Exarch, I still need to play you in brawl, but I feel that won't be happening lol
I also vote Chadbourne because I live there. It's right on the corner of University ave and n park street, even though google maps says it's elsewhere.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Soonish.

Give me an hour and a quarter.

I'm leaving from work now. It takes me 20 min to get home, but I need to get gas on the way. Once home I need to tidy up just a bit, so another 15 min give or take for that. Then I can leave for campus which is 14 min according to google maps.

So sum that all up and it's probably closer to an hour, but I'll probably lose some time here and there. I just printed directions to Chadbourne so hopefully I'll be able to find it ok. Also my car seats 5 max including me. At least it's not pouring this time.

Xeylode/(Eric iirc) I actually do want to play brawl today. It's nice to have different kinds of gayness every now and then.
I also want to play Roy today, against any and all characters. Especially Samus/Peach though, I want to try something new I just came up with.

See all of you around 6:15 around chadbourne. I've got a few numbers.

Gibby

Smash Cadet
I'm up now, just saw exarch's message. I'm glad I checked the thread before I left; it sounds like it didn't start at the normal time.
Sorry about missing the whole ride discussion.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Only one quote was collected today from smasher John at last smashfest:

"**** you Sanchaz, you don't even know how to rage."

That is all.

A personal so long from me to Gibby: Whenever your in trouble, dash attack. Hope you will come back to Wisconsin, and if not, we enjoyed seeing you

Only one quote was collected today from smasher John at last smashfest:

"**** you Sanchaz, you don't even know how to rage."

That is all.

A personal so long from me to Gibby: Whenever your in trouble, dash attack. Hope you will come back to Wisconsin, and if not, we enjoyed seeing you
Let me add to that quote that John then proceeds to kick sanchaz in his own rage.

You shouldn't be leaving yet. I haven't learned the shiek match-up yet. And no one punishes my rolls or edgeguards me better than Gibby.

Just a head's up on my idea of running a smash scene through the UW campus as student organization.

The process is a bit more involved than I expected it to be. In order to even register, I would need to supply the names, address, and contact information of at least 4 registered UW students. Plus, someone has to be listed as a primary contact (basically the person who heads the organization I figure). I am not sure if this primary contact can be one of the four registered students. Either way, I would need to get in touch with at least 3 others who would be willing to join, and commit to the organization before I can even consider registering.

After registering, there would be a small list of things that happens before getting acknowledged as a group. A face to face orientation session needs to be completed with the school. This session, in the base reading, sounds like it would outline to the school the purpose behind the student org and even how it would relate to "student life" on campus (SOs must somehow relate to student life). After the session, we would face like a 1-2 week period while the student org is under evaluation before being recognized.

There are even a few responsbilites that are involved and guidelines. Sadly, the student org needs to be made up of at least 75% UW students. So basically once we get 4 UW students, we could only have like one other non-UW student. However, if we increased the student org to say 16 UW students, we could have 4 other non-UW students. Although at present, not the greatest idea if we wanted to try to hold smashfests/tournaments using the student org privileges. There are some discrimination polices we have to follow, and some other campus rules that we should already be following. Listing of org finaces would have to be documented in the event that the school asks for a record of where the school's funds are being allocated. Also, every member has to be familiar with the rules that the school expects us to follow.

In short, this is what I have gathered from my collective readings. I will still be digging around a bit more to fully understand the process. Apart from that, I need to know who is interested in joining this student org. before I even begin to register. I do not want to go waste my time with a student org if I cannot even get enough start-up people to get it started. I know sanchez, john, culvers and myself are on campus. That would fill the required 4 registered UW students if you guys would be so willing to help out/commit to the org.

If anyone else's knows of anyone on campus who might be willing to join let me know. I would really like to start-up a larger smash scene and as we have discussed at exarch's, a campus of 33,000 college students from all over the country would be a great place to try to find people. Even if we cannot expand the community here with fresh recruits you might say, it would still be great for those on campus to more easily get together to play (this idea of school funds sounds pretty awesome, free food?, more set-ups?)

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
I'd join, and my friend David who smashed with us on my floor a couple times would very likely join aswell. The student org fair on tuesday at 5 pm at the kohl center might be a good place to see who's interested in a smash club by talking to people or leaving flyers. With brawl's popularity I'm sure you would find some people who are interested. Also, if anyone wants to smash this weekend, let me know cuz I don't have much planned.

Gibby

Smash Cadet
Gibby, you're moving away already?! When are you leaving?
I'm moving out early on Sunday, gonna stop in Cleveland for a week to play Guilty Gear and Melee with Camper Bob, then to Winterville, NC. Then maybe Dr. PeePee will train me and some day I will return to you a hero.

Anyway, it was great to meet all of you nice folks, tons of fun was had; maybe I'll keep poking around the WI thread occasionally.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm moving out early on Sunday, gonna stop in Cleveland for a week to play Guilty Gear and Melee with Camper Bob, then to Winterville, NC. Then maybe Dr. PeePee will train me and some day I will return to you a hero.

Anyway, it was great to meet all of you nice folks, tons of fun was had; maybe I'll keep poking around the WI thread occasionally.
Wow thats really soon. Did you get a job in NC already? Good luck on the east coast dude!

I'm going to be hosting a fest today at my place at 5:00. Anyone who is interested let me know ASAP.

So far Sync is coming for sure, and Spikes is probably showing up with his friend.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
ya mundungu, i never realized that fly was there til i watched the real movie. then noticed it right away.

its on netflix for all you hopefuls wanting to see the epic that is known as Troll 2 (but it's all about goblins)

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
Wow thats really soon. Did you get a job in NC already? Good luck on the east coast dude!

I'm going to be hosting a fest today at my place at 5:00. Anyone who is interested let me know ASAP.

So far Sync is coming for sure, and Spikes is probably showing up with his friend.
I'll bedare

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
guardian angel ghost of chef ramsey would have been proud of me last night, mundungu vino and all the other sober guys were probably so, so disappointed

who was the guy everyone kept calling caleb?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
John9blue!!

and spikes, u ok dude, we were literally rofling yesterday, great time though, and caleb is culvers, but caleb is now his name

Top Bottom