• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
rofl that **** is reeeeetarded

i only say this cause i know the inner workings of the n64 zelda games so to try to pass that off makes me cry

john!

Smash Hero
i love how cosmo just cuts to the chase and tells people they're ****ed. no use sugar coating it i guess...

also, that's pretty **** impressive steve

edit: just tried it again. you're an ******* cosmo LOL :laugh:

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I'm the guy from Liz Waters, and I'd like to get better by playing against some good people. A friend of mine (also in Liz) would like to play, too, so any information on Madison events would be awesome!

Sanchaz mentioned someone over from liz waters. I take it you do melee.

Pretty much the only events that are regular are over at exarch's place on thursday's starting at 6pm until... we get bored and have to call it a night lol Apart from that, nothing else much is happening. I want to get more stuff going with the campus, so I am working on the idea of getting a student org. I just need to work out a couple more details before I ask for everyone's campus address to get them registered. One such problem is dealing with the lack of set-ups. I am hoping that through the student org, we could get funding or access to places where we can host our smashfests and tournaments. We pretty much already have to bring in two cars to transport all the people on campus to exarch's place.

Anyway, just check back here on thursdays and every so often to pick up on what's going on. Better yet, try to give your number to a couple of people so we can let you know of anything, or if you have any questions you could try calling/texting someone. Sanchez seems to call me for everything lol

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, I play Melee. I guess I could do Brawl, but I find it much less fun. Also, I know John lives in Liz, too, so if he sees this, I live in 4507.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Got home at 2... got up for work at 6

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edit: Hey Matt how much do you remember as far as specifics from that Doc Roy match on BF? (The uthrow one.) I remember you were pink doc I was red roy, I think you were p1 I was p3. Do you remember what way you were DIing the throws? I ask because when I got home I briefly tried to replicate it and I couldn't.

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
I'm the guy from Liz Waters, and I'd like to get better by playing against some good people. A friend of mine (also in Liz) would like to play, too, so any information on Madison events would be awesome!
I'm in chadbourne, if you or anyone else want to play some melee anytime, give me a call/text. I have a melee setup, and I'll most likely be up for smash unless I have class or serious homework to do. My number is 262-565-7834.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Exarch, I don't think I was DIing at all on most of those. It seemed to work on any percent, so idk what was going on.

Quaz, if this student org thing gets organized, I'm assuming it would be pretty easy to get a venue for a tourney. Beside that, we could probably get some TVs from the university, not that we would really need them. Setups don't seem to be a problem at all these days, we just need a venue.

Xeylode, if you do get this thing set up with a venue, I would be more than willing to helping you run a tourney if you're interested. I could help spread the word and run brackets, but you guys would need to contact university staff or w/e. Plus I could easily bring 2+ setups myself to this thing.

exarch

doot doot doot
Ok Matt I'll do some more playing with it when I get home today. I only have version 1.0 and I'm wondering if it's something that's in 1.2. It could also be controller port BS because those weird throw things tend to function on that. I know what we saw and we definitely did it a bunch... I just want to repeat it now. I mean 10 years and this is the first time I've ever seen this.

Idk if anyone has 1.2 but if you are willing to take Roy and Doc and uthrow Doc as Roy from under the lower platforms of BF. If anything weird happens let me know. Also remember/write down everything specific about it. (controller ports and versions etc.)

Also Matt maybe we should look for a venue elsewhere. Doing stuff on campus can sometimes get difficult when non-students are there.

Thursday at my placccce.

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
Ok Matt I'll do some more playing with it when I get home today. I only have version 1.0 and I'm wondering if it's something that's in 1.2. It could also be controller port BS because those weird throw things tend to function on that. I know what we saw and we definitely did it a bunch... I just want to repeat it now. I mean 10 years and this is the first time I've ever seen this.

Idk if anyone has 1.2 but if you are willing to take Roy and Doc and uthrow Doc as Roy from under the lower platforms of BF. If anything weird happens let me know. Also remember/write down everything specific about it. (controller ports and versions etc.)

Also Matt maybe we should look for a venue elsewhere. Doing stuff on campus can sometimes get difficult when non-students are there.

Thursday at my placccce.
I just tried it on my 1.2 disc for a couple minutes with no di from doc and I didn't notice anything weird. Roy was p1 and doc was p4, I got a class right now but I can try the other port combinations after. if What specifically should I be looking for?

exarch

doot doot doot
Normally when Roy uthrows Doc, he goes... up. But whatever was happening yesterday Roy was uthrowing and Doc landed directly onto the lower BF platforms needing to tech. It's kinda like the Doc/Mario/Samus & G&W Dthrow glitch, where G&W lands directly on the ground if you dthrow him when you're in a higher/lower controller port (don't remember which one.) Except instead of landing on the ground, Doc lands on the platform.

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
Normally when Roy uthrows Doc, he goes... up. But whatever was happening yesterday Roy was uthrowing and Doc landed directly onto the lower BF platforms needing to tech. It's kinda like the Doc/Mario/Samus & G&W Dthrow glitch, where G&W lands directly on the ground if you dthrow him when you're in a higher/lower controller port (don't remember which one.) Except instead of landing on the ground, Doc lands on the platform.
Ok, i got that to happen. It only works when roy is a higher port number than doc. I also got it to work when Roy uthrows luigi and mario too, but again roy needs to have a higher port number. I think it's those 3 characters because they all weigh the same.

Edit: Also works for those characters on YS, neutral stage for PS, and the highest platform position on FoD

exarch

doot doot doot
That's all it is? awesome. I'll go check my 1.0 tonight... but I'm pretty sure I tried both ways last night though :-/

When we were doing it to Doc I speculated it would work against Mario too, so it's good to know it makes sense.

K i'm out till tomorrow, thanks for the help Frank.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
frank?

Anyways yea, lets try to organize tournaments in madison. I'll try to get somethin going with eric and get help from the stupid university! oh, and maybe free food

Anyways yea, lets try to organize tournaments in madison. I'll try to get somethin going with eric and get help from the stupid university! oh, and maybe free food
Culvers is frank sanchaz.

The conversation between me and sanchaz for tourneys can pretty much be summed up with this:

erikload (9:19:2010 10:07pm): hey, want to help with a student org so we can get tournaments, smashfests, maybe even free set-ups, and food?
chaz-san (9:19:2010 10:07pm): do I have do anything
erikload (9:19:2010 10:08pm): probably not, im not sure yet.
chaz-san (9:19:2010 10:08pm): sure
erikload (9:19:2010 10:08pm): lol

But seriously, things are looking pretty good now. We tested out last thursday that we can do a small smashfest on campus by going to ogg hall with sanchaz bringing his TV down. Around thanksgiving break I will be bringing back an old small TV, and a wii that will play all 3 smash games. There is now enough people that I have gotten the heads up from that are willing to get this org thing going. All I have to do is read up and ask around for the final details. Also, to top it all off, there is another gaming night this friday over at carson's upper floor. I'm probably the only one that cares since everyone else hates brawl lol

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
I care.

Actually no I don't, but there was free food at the last gaming night as well as a surprise melee setup. I think Brawl is a lot of fun if you're not trying to make it competitive.

exarch

doot doot doot
genkaku, because milwaukee smashers aren't organizing themselves.
also you're welcome to one of my thurs smashfests anytime if you're willing to make the drive one day. let me know before you come so i can give you directions/phone number and specifics about the building.

also sanchaz and frank are both from the milwaukee area iirc, so at worst y'all can organize that city better next summer.

Top Bottom