• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
He had suggested contacting the Do-it on campus to see if they could help us any with doing stuff on campus. Seems like a decent idea to try. Anyone think we should try looking into that idea?
How could the Do-it store help? All we need is a room, some video-game friendly tv's, and some cubes/wiis/n64s. I haven't been in the do-it store, but I don't imagine them having those kinds of things. I'm not against asking, but I don't see it being productive. Anyway, we wouldn't need many setups, at least at first.

G

genkaku

Red Ryu, let me know if you ever want to set something up.
I've got a group of 3-4 people that play. 1 sucks but has fun, 1 is about as good as he can be without learning ATs, and me and another I suppose are noobs but getting better all the time and really want to get into competitive stuff.

How could the Do-it store help? All we need is a room, some video-game friendly tv's, and some cubes/wiis/n64s. I haven't been in the do-it store, but I don't imagine them having those kinds of things. I'm not against asking, but I don't see it being productive. Anyway, we wouldn't need many setups, at least at first.
Well, the way the guy worded it sounded almost like a sponsorship. It seems almost like going to gamestop and having them host some kind of tournament. But, with do-it they might be willing to help give us a location or access to TVs. I am sort of looking to the future with this right now. Currently, the four of us could easily head over to ogg hall on a weekly basis and use the TV on the base floor along with sanchaz's TV. However, if we do get larger, a single TV that we might not always get a hold of along with ryan's TV wouldn't really cut it out for us. Plus, we lack any N64s and wii's currently. So for that reason, I want to at least go in to Do-it and actually get more details on the idea.

I never thought of this until now, but we could also use gamestop on state street maybe to help do small scale tournaments. Even if it's not through the org at all, if we could get them to start a smash tournament using either brawl, melee or smash64, it would be a good way to start some grassroots. It was interesting to here some of the conversations going on at the gaming night today when we were playing brawl. There are obviously people who know of smashboards, we just need to get events started and start getting the word out there. Gaming nights, gamestop newbie tournaments, and perhaps collaboration with Do-iT seem like great ideas to get things going.

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
Xeylode, I like your optimism. Heck, I'm loving all the encouraging things people are saying about Madison smash.

Random note: I have a setup (Wii+TV) that can travel if needed, but the TV is HD so it's probably too laggy for Melee. :(

Edit: Phone- 920-664-1195.

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
This weekend I don't have too much homework. If anybody wants to smash, I'm up for any smash game. I have a melee setup & tv with some extra controllers if needed. I posted my number recently so sent a text/call if you want to smash.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
I'm not in the position to dump all that gas money for no real reason. Plus I'm a terrible driver and I'd say I have about a 50% chance of getting in an accident :colorful:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu, let me know if you ever want to set something up.
I've got a group of 3-4 people that play. 1 sucks but has fun, 1 is about as good as he can be without learning ATs, and me and another I suppose are noobs but getting better all the time and really want to get into competitive stuff.
Sure just let me know when your getting together and I'll join right in.

1-262-347-7014 is my cell phone number, I'd prefer to be texted though.

Only if someone can give me a ride. :/

G

genkaku

I might be able to come with another person if I could get a ride, too. I can help pay for gas and poss. bring a setup.

I missed at quaz's because of some stupid stuff. I will try to make it. Again, everyone in madison depends upon getting a ride lol

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Found a Venue for a tourney. Lookinag at a Saturday day in Late Nov, early Dec. I need dates that work with people, and that don't class with other tournies.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try and talk about getting a tourney going around that time too actually at UWO.
Actually was shooting for like the saturday before thanksgiving.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I get to go play with the Midland/tri city players this weekend in MI, so I am pretty excited about that. I haven't gotten to play much at all lately.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I'm gonna try and talk about getting a tourney going around that time too actually at UWO.
Actually was shooting for like the saturday before thanksgiving.
Is it brawl or melee? or both? Mine's going to be strictly melee. So It would be cool if we did it one week after the other.

Imagine my avatar is Sparrow's avatar, and that is what you will see it as. To me, I see a jigglypuff sketch being propped up on a wall with a knife.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I work at Liberty Hall, it's a banquet hall. The owner owns a Hilton Garden too, and I'm on really good terms with him, they have meeting rooms that will fit the size of tourney we can run, and I'm pretty sure I can get a good deal, at the very worst, we have a venue, and the owner of the venue likes me.

Top Bottom