• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

I use Tio for every local Waukesha has. I know it very well. Then again, it isnt exactly difficult to learn.

Also, SC2 is way bigger than Brawl. WAY bigger. There're reasons why its already picked up an enormous international scene (and no, its not just because Brood War.)
I recently picked up TIO before getting here, but have not been able to have the chance to use it yet. Not that it really matters since there are no tournaments around here that often lol

Competitively? On a casual basis I would say that Smash is probably way up there. Brawl itself has sold around 9.5 million copies. Melee has sold 7 million and smash64 has a figure of around 5 million. These numbers were gotten from wiki. If you include the fact some people who do not own the game have played their friends copy of smash, the amount of people who know about the game increases by a lot with this many copies sold. With the right strategy you could probably start up a club on campus, get who knows how many people into it, then start up more of a competitive scene. It would be slow at first, but it could have some promise.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
starcraft 2 is so good. wildly popular too.

seanson plays daimond league :O

btw:

all you artists should submit pirate art to this league of legends art contest: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/bilgewater-gallery
I have to play diamond players consistently, despite not ranking up. I think you have to lose a bunch in order for your magical rating to even out to what you should be.

I also beat a Diamond player at Quakecon's SC2 tournament, 2-0.

I recently picked up TIO before getting here, but have not been able to have the chance to use it yet. Not that it really matters since there are no tournaments around here that often lol

Competitively? On a casual basis I would say that Smash is probably way up there. Brawl itself has sold around 9.5 million copies. Melee has sold 7 million and smash64 has a figure of around 5 million. These numbers were gotten from wiki. If you include the fact some people who do not own the game have played their friends copy of smash, the amount of people who know about the game increases by a lot with this many copies sold. With the right strategy you could probably start up a club on campus, get who knows how many people into it, then start up more of a competitive scene. It would be slow at first, but it could have some promise.
SC2 is at 1.5 mil in the first month. SC and Brood War have sold more than 10 mil. AND its an actual e-sport. It's also one of the most torrented games ever, meaning people who didn't buy the game. SC2 is on its way to being the top torrented game of 2010.

SC2 is at 1.5 mil in the first month. SC and Brood War have sold more than 10 mil. AND its an actual e-sport. It's also one of the most torrented games ever, meaning people who didn't buy the game. SC2 is on its way to being the top torrented game of 2010.
Well, I like smash better.
alright its settled! Smashfest at my house Sunday the 19th

I hope I can get a good attendance for once! :dizzy:
I forget where you residence is and I have no idea what your number is. Help me not get lost wandering around madison please :)

Sago

Smash Lord
Lol ragin real hard as in. Getting crazy...drunk..you know?!

Steve where did you get that picture.

Mundungu plays diamond league

Anyone picking up the new halo. Fade and I were talking about getting in to it. Horray class system and halo 1 health !

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I like to interupt sagos's rage posts? and quaz's smashfest possibly on the 19th with 3 more john quotes.

"Why don't you do any of this ****ing **** to sanchaz!?!?!?!?!"
"eff you sanchaz, eff your family, and eff your your ****ty luck"
"lag.....lag. I'm not going to rage because its a laggy tv." ( I had to agree, but there was no rage that day :) )

That concludes last smashfest. and now back to wi thread stuff. love you john

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
i would come Quaz if i got a ride there from someone :) Other than that.. I wouldn't be able to.

Xeylode I dont live in madison so you know =(... im like 2 hours away haha, but Im sure if you could catc ha ride with mundunguu or something.
Oh yeah, now I remember you saying you live out 2 hours out of town. Hmm... That does cause some problems. Well, I think I won't be going to any more thursday smashfests. If my week is going to be this busy from all my classes as is, I am going to find it really difficult to stay on top of my studies if I give up 6+ hours of my thursday nights and sleep through the morning before class the next day. Sunday smashfests however sounds great in my opinion.

So, mundunguu, could I get a ride again in a couple of weekends?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Artists blow at games. Cosmo excluded. Cosmo pretty much is exempt from every argument.
wake up at 6am to go draw nude models, then go home and teach self object oriented programming for several hours

go see Helvetica in an alternative theatre, then go win rent money playing as low tier in a 10 year old party game

rotoscope several hundred frames of film, then go meet the guy who invented the ganon's trials skip in OoT in real life

watch ulillillia's new video, then listen to lady gaga

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
wake up at 6am to go draw nude models, then go home and teach myself object oriented programming for several hours

go see Helvetica in an alternative theatre, then go win rent money playing as low tier in a 10 year old party game

rotoscope several hundred frames of film, then go meet the guy who invented the ganon's trials skip in OoT in real life

Haters gonna hate doesn't even describe how legit that day sounds.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Sanchaz, do you want to make a book about John Blue similar to Bushisms? Instead, we could just call it Johns, or JohnBlues.
hmm, great point, I will need publishers, a story line, and primary sources. JohnBlues sounds like a great title.

John can I do an interview wuth you, personal and smash life.

Mundungu, yea umm, I like to go to exarchs again, not only to kick everyone's but, but to get my tv.

Scythe

Smash Master
wake up at 6am to go draw nude models, then go home and teach self object oriented programming for several hours

wow amazing

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Can someone else give Sanchez a ride to the fest tonight? I think I'm going to skip this one, since I'm feeling pretty sick and have to wake up early tomorrow.

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
If someone can give me a ride from the madison campus I'd like to go again, otherwise I'll have to seek out whatever campus event they have tonight.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
rofl so I get a call from my temp agency asking me to do an urgent 1 day reception project. So I show up and theyre like THANK GOD YOURE HERE and I sit down. after an entire excruciating hour there were zero phone calls and they sent me home. turns out the temp agency has a minimum of 4 hours per project so im going to get paid like $50 for sitting in a chair for an hour. suck it

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
If worst comes to worst I can pick y'all up from campus. Though at that point I might as well just hang out on campus and play there.

Anyone know if there's a feasible place to play and park?

Also I have 0 knowledge of campus just as fair warning. If I'm picking y'all up I need a place to mapquest googlemaps (is the best.)

If I cannot join some student org. that I like before the end of the first semester, I am going to start up a smash student org. I'd do it sooner, but I do not actually have a set-up...

I'll check back in later to see what's going on. Exarch, you should come and get us lol

sanchaz

Smash Lord
umm, like okay, just to clarify, on what is going on on what I believe is happening.

exarch: I'm not sure if I can host a smashfest at my dorm cuz I needed to let my housefellow know ahead of time and lik my roomate, sorry. If gas money is an issure, I can give you like 5 dollars. and I have a tv their. If you are not sure how to navigate, call at like 5:30ish its pretty easy.

xeylode: lol's thats pretty starting a cool smash student org, yea let us know whats up.

Mundungu: we still love you.

John9blue ee:R u going, I need more quotes.

Gibby: yea dude, stop sleeping and wake up.

Culvers

Smash Apprentice
If I cannot join some student org. that I like before the end of the first semester, I am going to start up a smash student org. I'd do it sooner, but I do not actually have a set-up...

I'll check back in later to see what's going on. Exarch, you should come and get us lol
If you get a smash org goin I'll bring my setup, although as you know the first few minutes will be spent trying to get my cube to read the disc. I only have melee, which would be seen as a pro to some and a con to others.

Top Bottom