• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why we should limit Alt-Grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Lol............... "Your Character Choice is Useless!"

This guy got pretty dam close to Perfect .. 6% lol and he got spammed with a turtle

CO18

Smash Hero
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO. Taunts with one IC while grabbing with the other for the kill.

Too bad he lost the previous match.

livan

Smash Apprentice
....a well is interesting , not fair to that but is a hidden strategy that the creators of the game leave or only a glicht

maybe can be stopped by the shield and move with the shield

n_n

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not... another... uselesss... thread... about... banning... something... with... insufficient... reasoning... and... logic.

Even the fevent pro-banners in the D3 infinite thread are mostly opposed to banning IC's infinites.

cman

Smash Ace
Not... another... uselesss... thread... about... banning... something... with... insufficient... reasoning... and... logic.

Even the fevent pro-banners in the D3 infinite thread are mostly opposed to banning IC's infinites.
So I take it that you are pro ban? Somewhat related question: What is your position on the stages that are banned?

bobson

Smash Lord
That taunt at the end was absolutely beautiful.
Five stars for Lain.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
ICs infinite takes very precise timing and skill. If you've mastered it, you deserve to use it. Don't get grabbed by them, end of story.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Now you know how Wigi feels :( (and the others that get infinited by Dedede) Only that Dededes infinite is way easier to do and it's much easier for him to grab someone...

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
ICs infinite takes very precise timing and skill. If you've mastered it, you deserve to use it. Don't get grabbed by them, end of story.
the bthrow to dthrow is actually very easy on lightweights (like gAw). If you don't believe me try to learn it yourself. I had it down in like 30 min. The hard part is actually getting a grab because ics short range, and keeping nana with you to do it before they break out.

This argument that its so technically hard needs to stop...:dizzy: That particular chaingrab is easy.

Edit: for the record im anti-ban though.

D

Deleted member

wobbling was banned so it'll only take time before alternating grabs are banned

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Rofl, that was hilarious. And the "you're character choice is useless!" thing was funny too...then I realized you said "you're" instead of "your", and I lulled even more. From that, it sounds like "You are character, choice is useless!" haha.
Anyway, I agree with Arkive. In fact, I think lain is the one who will get it banned, since (as far as I know) he is the highest placing IC. If he places high at big tourneys, then it will be recognized.
Although I don't really care whether it is banned or not....at least I don't have to fight it :D.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
NoJ did a good job of avoiding the grabs on Delfino... but he just jumped right into them on Sville. And Lain gets style points for the very end of that :p

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Yope taunt would've been better. Give him a close up look of the thing he's about to get wrecked with.

Third match? Or was that a "friendly?"

Pi

Smash Hero
Haha

****in *******.

How many of you idiots are in support of banning edge-stalling? Hm? And how many of you are saying 'don't get grabbed'

It's the same idea ^.^

One's persons playstyle is geared toward edgestalling
The others is geared toward getting the grabs

You REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLLYYYYYY ****IN THINK

That you can go a wholeeeeee match

Without getting grabbed with IC's both in position? REALLLLYYY?

Maybe if this were MELEE where things were FASTER

But ESPECIALLY not in brawl, the gameplay is SO slow, and the ability to dodge and play defensively is SO great

Don't get grabbed, suck a **** ****ers,

Precise timing allows one to get a kill haha! Bull crap, Game hasn't been out long enough for anyone to get the precise timing of any move that should give you a stock.

Ban dedede's infinite
Ban IC's infinite

Why the **** not? Do Dedede and the IC suck balls without them? No, **** you guys.

Pi

Smash Hero
So... Why 'aren't' the Ice Climbers' grabs banned?
Because people believe that they are so incredibly hard that anyone who masters them should get the stock. Anyone who can position both the IC's int he PRECISE DIFFICULT POSITION to INITIATE one of these grabs DESERVES that stock.

I think more of it that they haven't faced someone who's mastered it, who's based their playstyle around attaining the grab.

In other words, ignorance.

To them, anyone who is unable to 'not get grabbed' is some kind of scrub
Ignoring that quite possibly the IC player might be GOOD instead of the ones they faced.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, why the hell does this keep coming up, the only point any pro bans ever argue is that its not hard to do skillwise, except for landing the grab. Thats bull. If it can be done, it will be mastered. Banning it has nothing to do with how hard the timing is, it doesen't matter if noobs can't do it if one person can.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
In NoJ's second stock of the first match, NoJ go them apart and gimped them (admittedly that second one was a pretty nonsensical gimp) like a champ. If he counterpicked some gay stage I think he would've had a good chance at ****, assuming that was tournament. Yes? No?

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Because people believe that they are so incredibly hard that anyone who masters them should get the stock. Anyone who can position both the IC's int he PRECISE DIFFICULT POSITION to INITIATE one of these grabs DESERVES that stock.

I think more of it that they haven't faced someone who's mastered it, who's based their playstyle around attaining the grab.

In other words, ignorance.

To them, anyone who is unable to 'not get grabbed' is some kind of scrub
Ignoring that quite possibly the IC player might be GOOD instead of the ones they faced.
I agree with this man completely.

Hell, I even main Ice Climbers. I started maining them in melee (after watching the incredible Chu, of course). I'd never thought I'd be able to do that, but hell, I can in brawl.

b throw d throw b throw d throw, repeat, until charge smash. Stock gone, after one measly grab.

However, I try not to do these things much in a match. Use squall a little, use blizzard, use your air game.

Lain maybe used squall 3-4 times the whole match (referring to his match against anther), and blizzard maybe 5-6 times. I literally saw no aerial attacks, what so ever (correct me if I'm wrong)

But, I did see about 50 grab attempts.

Now, I'll be honest. That match was incredibly boring to watch. It lasted 7 minutes and it was pretty much just lain trying to get a grab, and anther ledge stalling. That was the basic jist of it, right?

"Don't get grabbed" is a lame excuse. Weak. Have you ever gone an entire match without getting grabbed? Probably never. (unless it's some joke match or you're playing someone who got the game a week ago and doesnt know what the hell a grab is). Yes, the IC's grab range is short, very short. But you're bound to get a grab. And once you do, bam, they're dead.

If you think that the "grab is hard to master", you're wrong. It may not be as easy as d throw d throw d throw, but it's not "OMFG IMPOSSIBLE".

I was actually rooted for anther (goes against everything, I know), but he didn't use annoying *** chain grabs.

However, for the record, I am against banning.

If enough people "master" it and use it to dominate tourneys, then sure, go ahead. But it's like MK, yet even MK has a counter, and that is Diddy. Sooner or later either the alt grabs will be banned or it will somehow be countered (sounds impossible I know).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Not until IC become top top tier.
this
Pick peach, problem solved :D
and this.

as of right now, i believe you can still deal with the ICs by picking a character that the user doesnt know the timing for.

and when lain and hylian, and whatever other IC players there are begin Dojoing (winning whole tourneys without losing a stock) tourneys, and ICs become OP and get above at least snake in the tier list. then we should do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom