• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Use a Bad Character?

BSP

Smash Legend
I think this counts as a tactic, so I made it here. *shrug*

This is more directed at anyone who uses or used a character that's just flat out not good. If you want some perspective...I'd call that the tier under the current borderline tier and below (some might even include BL tier, since they're BL for a reason).

[collapse= characters I'm looking at]

Borderline
D: :wolf: (+2) :gw: (-2) :fox: (-1) :peach: (±0) :pit: (+3)

Mid
E: :rob: (+1) :kirby2: (-1) :sheilda: (+3) :sonic: (±0) :dk2: (-5) :ike: (-1) :sheik: (+1)
F: :yoshi2: (+2) :ness2: (±0) :pt: (+1) :luigi2: (-4)

Low
G: :lucas: (±0) :mario2: (±0) :samus2: (+1) :bowser2: (-1) :falcon: (±0)
H: :jigglypuff: (+1) :link2: (-1) :zelda: (±0) :ganondorf: (±0)[/INDENT]

[/collapse]

Anyway, I just want to here some other peoples' opinions on willingly playing bad characters. Here's some of the things I'd like to see discussed since I'm a listing person:

-Which bad character do you play?
-Do you think your character is bad?
-How did you come about to playing this character?
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws?
-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching?
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you?
-Feel free to add anything to this

I really want to know because it's eating me up at this point >_>

I'll start it off:

-I play 3 characters I consider bad. They are :mario2:, :luigi2:, and :sonic:.

-I do think my characters are bad. :mario2: is the definition of lacking in this game. He's got some strong points, but other characters are just flat out better. :luigi2: has been dropping on every tier list for the most part. People are getting better at exploiting his inability to approach. Playing him is becoming a chore against better people. :sonic: is the least flawed of my 3, but he's still got some problems. He can't KO to save his life and IMO he requires a lot of execution and effort to...not get that far. You can press 10 buttons and do 5 different cancels and just end up doing 20% or something. Then, your opponent makes one read and they catch up >_>

-I started off as a casual player, so I just went to my favorite characters. Luigi was first, but then I gave Mario a shot. After Mario, I gave Sonic a shot and liked him too.

-I can't answer the next question and that's kind of the reason I'm posting this to begin with, just to get some other ideas. I know :mario2:, :luigi2:, and :sonic: are flawed as ****, and I've seen the best players of the former 2 switch off of them completely...yet I still continue to use them...I don't know why, and I'm beginning to not enjoy them in a competitive environment anyway. But for some reason, I can't drive myself to just drop them completely even though in my own mind I feel like I'm wasting my time.

-If I could go back to the point I picked my first characters, I would do so and probably go high tier. Not necessarily :metaknight:, but just someone good enough to where I know if I lose, I never consider it being partly due to how bad my character is.

-For an additional point, every time I bring up dropping people, someone always says "why? you should stick with them." or "Don't, you're good with X character" and it's getting annoying at this point. Being good with a bad character...won't matter in the end. At the end of the day, someone's going to be smart enough to exploit your characters flaws and cause you to lose. What's the point of encouraging someone to keep limiting themselves?

This doesn't even apply to just brawl. It can apply to any character where you've got a wide selection of characters.

So let me hear it.

D

Deleted member 189823

-Which bad character do you play? I main Yoshi and Bowser
-Do you think your character is bad? I think Yoshi's kinda bad, but I don't think Bowser is. Not saying they should be High tier, but Upper Mid, maybe.
-How did you come about to playing this character? I started using Yoshi in SSB64 and kept being loyal to the character since then. I started liking him less in the next installments because of how they nerfed him. As for Bowser, I started using him in Melee.
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? I'm not very interested in winning as alot of people in the competetive community do. I use them because they're fun and the most comfterble for me to use. Winning with these characters takes alot of work, but it's worth it imo. I don't care for winning, going down like a winner is enough for me.
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? Not at all.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
-Which bad character do you play? I play Sheik.
-Do you think your character is bad? She's not terrible, but not good enough to be considered even close to high tier either.
-How did you come about to playing this character? I was only trying out my Melee characters (Peach and Sheik) back in February 08, Sheik felt closer to her Melee counterpart.
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? She has some interesting options and a couple of downright one-sided match-ups.
-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? I no longer main Sheik, but then again I don't really main anyone at this point. I don't regret having more than one character available to me.
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? Yes. My best character not being a reliable any-match-up high tier is certainly a minor annoyance whenever I review the characters I am familiar with playing.

SoulPech

Smash Master
-Which bad character do you play? I use Jigglypuff
-Do you think your character is bad? I think she's awful because her attacks don't make up for her ability to survive. Not to mention, her moves have sub-par priority, except for her pound.
-How did you come about to playing this character? I have always used Jiggs and never really deviated from it
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? I use Jiggs because not many people know the matchup, Jiggs is one of those characters that players hate to go up against if the other player is good with her, and it's fun to beat people with a bad character. Not to mention, I feel it takes more skill to use a character that's awful and do well rather than using a high tier character and do mediocre.
-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? I would still use this character, but I use other characters, like Kirby, Wario, and fox..characters that have a similar playstyle as her.
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? I wouldn't choose another character.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I play Puff.

She is bad due to how... precise you have to be with her. She has many unsafe moves and dies ridiculously early, which means just a few mistakes on my part means I lose. Unlike in melee, her offensive capabilities are not good enough to counterbalance this, meaning a few mistakes by the opponent do not entirely destroy them in the same way Puff gets destroyed.

Why do I keep playing her? I feel like I can succeed with her when playing precisely and defensively. She is excellent at maneuvering around the opponent and baiting them, meaning that she can damage them. Furthermore, due to her amazing mobility, once she does get a lead she can simply run away from most of the characters in the game. In summary, I enjoy her potential for mindgames and defensive play.

That's my synopsis.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
-Which bad character do you play? Mr. Game & Watch, Peach, Bowser, and Metaknight.

-Do you think your character is bad? Yeah. Depending on the ruleset I believe Gdubs is slightly above average to Below Average. Peach I believe is slightly above average. Bowser I know sucks. Metaknight is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUXAEzaC3Q

-How did you come about to playing this character? Game and Watch is my favorite character. I like retro gaming and glass cannons and weird characters so he is the embodiment of everything I like. Peach I picked up early in this games life because I like female characters in fighting games. Bowser is probably one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Metaknight is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-3JYuv9w4U

-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? Because Gdubs is still competitively viable unless I'm playing ICs. Marth is hard but he's still beatable. I use Peach for Diddy, Wario, ICs sometimes. Bowser can handle other people's low tiers pretty well especially with the grab release stuff, it's satisfying to be able to kill people when I want them dead. Metaknight is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AitTPI5U0

-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? Considered dropping Peach for Metaknight because Metaknight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4tpuu-Up90

-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? No. I might have used MK from the beginning though.

-Feel free to add anything to this - I feel that Borderline tier characters are capable. They have a few particularly bad matchups which can be supplemented by other characters. I believe that everyone should have at least one lower tiered character (as long as you arent a handful of the top characters who dont need anyone else.) Low characters possibly have a few good matchups to cover your main's back and aso some have close to even matchups which is worth taking the risk and using them for the mental advantage it gives you on another player. For example if someone uses Wario and you go CF on them and you win. They'll either play better to be like **** you, or they'll cave and be like: "wtf I lost to falcon." Either way depending on the player you could possibly distract their focus. A snake main in AZ pulled out his pocket Pika on me and beat me and it messed me up bad. I raged really hard and subsequently lost focus.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
-Which bad character do you play?Yoshi
-Do you think your character is bad? I think bad is low tier so no
-How did you come about to playing this character? Yoshi is my favorite videogame character, so I used him before going competitive
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? Because he's still by far my best, and Yoshi is pretty consistent and balanced as a character despite having no oos options, it's entirely possible to get around that, it just requires a bit more consistency in your gameplay
-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? When I got into competitive Brawl my mains were both Metaknight and Yoshi but end up maining Yoshi since he was my favorite out of the two, I was about equally good with both. I used secondaries during some point but going your main fully and learning bad matchup is much better
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? No because I think I can be good enough with any character if I put enough time, and even if it's harder to be consistent with a worse character, it's still quite possible, Brawl isn't as unbalanced as certain theorycrafting pessimists would say, results often prove the contrary. So I'll still stick with my favorite.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Which bad character do you play? When I first started playing, my favorite character was :ike: . But I also really liked :wolf: and :lucario: .

Do you think your character is bad? For tournaments? Yea, :ike: 's kinda bad. I play him all the time in friendlies, and try to practice him as much as my other characters, tho. I'm not a good enough player to do well in tournament with :ike: . One day if I get that good, I will. I don't think :wolf: is bad at all, and I use him often as well. I'm not afraid to use :wolf: in tournament if I feel like they've got my :lucario: 's number.

How did you come about to playing this character? The first thing I did when I got Brawl was figure out how to unlock all the characters. Since I decided Subspace Emissary was the easiest way, I got a chance to try out every character along the way. Certain characters just felt right to me. Those included :ike: , :wolf: and :lucario: .

If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? I think it's fun to mix things up with different characters. I hope to one day be good enough to feel comfortable with :ike: in tournament. I won't give up on him.

If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? I switched to :lucario: because of all the characters I enjoyed, he was clearly the frontrunner in terms of viability. I enjoy playing as him just fine, so I don't feel bad about switching to a clearly superior character. As I said, I haven't given up on :ike: or :wolf: , I just recognize that I play best with :lucario: .

If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? No. If I wanted to switch to a char I didn't enjoy, I'd just pick up :metaknight: now. No time travel required. I'm happy to just continue improving my :lucario:

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Samus.
She's bad yes, but she could be a few spots higher in the tier list IMO.
She just seemed interesting and had potential. She feels the most comfortable out of everyone else. That and SHE IS A BOUNTY HUNTER!!!! ;)
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws?
Z-air, and because she can combo.
-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching?
I do secondary Zero Suit Samus. I haven't switched yet, but after reaching a certain level I might want to.
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you?
Nah, Samus grew on me too much to care. Besides if it wasn't Samus, it could have been Zero Suit anyways. XD

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

ROB, Ike, Sheik, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff

Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes

Holynightmare, Fire Emblem, Fun, Epic, Manly

Good with him, He's fun to use, She's fun to use, He's the most epic character in the game, She's manly as ****

I never completely stopped using any of these characters, but I did take breaks from them to go to the other ones (plus Falco, Marth and MK)

No, using a lot of characters means nobody can counterpick you. "oh, you're switching to Pikachu to counter my Falco, I guess I'll go Marth then." "Oh, you're taking my Falco to Brinstar? I'll switch to Jigglypuff then".

Playing a character because you like them, not because they're great characters, is the proper way to pick your main(s).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
:kirby2:

Not sure. For some time, he's has been such a well character since his MUs are from -2 to +2.

He's my very favorite Nintendo character ever since the first game came out. And ChuDat is my idol.

Because I love using this character the most, Not to mention that chu's my idol.

Never stopped using him since I love using him, not to mention that chu's my idol. Still I would use other characters such as :marth: and :ganondorf:.
There are others, but I just suck at playing them, not to mention they're all on the upper tier. I regret nothing.

No.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I play Peach so I can pretend like this game has offense in it.

She's not really bad at all, but MK matchup hurts a lot.

Only if this game was fun in the first place.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
-Which bad character do you play? according to your list of "bad characters" I currently main Pit, but I mained Mario for 2 whole years but also mained sheik for like 3-4 months before I switched to solo Pit.
:pit: - I don't think Pit is bad but I'm not one of those guys that would say Pit is as good as people think he is based on solely Japan.

:mario2: - I think Mario is a bad character but it isn't impossible to win sets with him obviously.

:sheik: - sheik is alright she definitely has exploitable flaws if the person knows the match-up (obviously)

:pit:- He is a pretty basic character and not that technical which benefits who I am pretty much, basic.

:mario2: - Ironically Luigi is my favorite character overall but I just hate how he is in smash, I don't like how almost anything is safe on his shield because of that traction bull****. So I just ended up using Mario, my second favorite character in the cast.

:sheik: - I just liked being aggressive with her really and she was fun for the time being
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? :pit: - because he is the most fun character to me at the moment

:mario2: - I just stopped having fun using him in tournaments.

:sheik: - I can't do the dacus for **** because I have almost no tech skill at all so I just quit her.
I'm guessing this is for :mario2: since he is the first "bad" character I used. I probably would just so I could have switched to Pit right away and got more experience with him.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
:lucas:

Honestly, I do not think Lucas is bad

When I started playing online I played two Lucas users and I started using Lucas my self and I found him REALLY fun to use.

Because Lucas is fun to use and he takes skill to master, I enjoy B-sticking with Lucas because you can pull off the sickest moves like wave bouncing :)

If I stoped using Lucas I would only use my primary main :lucario: but honestly I will never give Lucas up and oneday I will win a tourney set with him :3
If I was to quit Lucas it would be from people in my smash scene telling me to give up on lucas, its already happening but I'm ignoring it.

No I would not, I enjoy using lucas he can win and he is fun to play like I said before.

Well I feel lucas should at least be in mid tier, he can win sets and people like Mekos have got Lucas into a GF.

RNH

Smash Cadet
:kirby2::wolf::ike:
I think kirby's kinda bad, I think wolf is great, and ikes ok
Because kirby's a cool puffball, wolf is badass and its fun to use ike
I don't know, their just fun to use
Ive stopped using kirby, I never really switched to anybody, but I don't main him anymore
no

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I think generally people that play bad characters don't play them BECAUSE they're bad; they play them because they enjoy the playstyle of that character.

Or for trolling.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I think generally people that play bad characters don't play them BECAUSE they're bad; they play them because they enjoy the playstyle of that character.

Or for trolling.
Exactly my reason. =) Well, not the trolling.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Samus. :samus2:
With what is currently known about her I feel she is more below average than bad, but has potential to be better with effort.
I've been a pretty big Metroid fan for years and I've used Samus since 64 where she was the worst but still fun. I tend to gravitate towards high learning curve zoning characters that take effort to win with.
She has her flaws but I feel she is rather well-rounded in a way. She excels with her projectile and air game but her close range and ground game aren't terrible, just average. I also prefer the challenge and want to play as a character I like, it's kinda part of the point of the series.
Currently I also co-main Peach and secondary Fox. So if I dropped Samus I'd probably make Fox my other co-main but that's not likely to happen.
And not play as one of my favorite Nintendo stars? I think not! If anything I would go back in time and use the info I know now to surprise people at her capabilities.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
:yoshi2:,:lucas:,:ness2: and :jigglypuff:

Well,when I play I really don't mind for this,I only remember that when I see people saying they are bad.

I use Yoshi,Ness and Lucas in tournaments,but I only use Puff in freeplays.

Yoshi is like 35% of my childhood,I have a natural friendship with him.
I also love the mother series,especially Mother 3,which is why Lucas is my beloved secondary.
Puff is really fun to play,and her blue skin with that hat is really fashion,I love to play as her.
So **** his flaws,I love them xD

Well,That will never happen,but in that situation,I would switch to :olimar: and :wario:,Wario because he is good and fun to play,and Olimar because he is too good.

No,I would not.But I would add Olimar as a another secondary.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I think generally people that play bad characters don't play them BECAUSE they're bad
I do.

:jigglypuff:

Yes, in the sense that the vast majority of characters are better than her. I do not think it is impossible to win with her, however.

Always preferred aerial-based characters. Picked her up as a joke before I played competitively.

Because I am a recognition *****.

My only real significant switch was to :metaknight:, because I loved having a billion options. After MK was banned, I went back to Puff. I do not regret switching.

Yes, I'd probably choose :snake:. I've always wanted to play him at high level.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
-Which bad character do you play? - Ganon

-Do you think your character is bad? - I most definitely do.

-How did you come about to playing this character? - Just liked how he played.

-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? - A few reasons. I've always felt that winning isn't as important as feeling like you genuinely outplayed someone, or in other words, I get satisfaction from winning, yeah, but I get the most satisfaction from feeling like I made a lot from a little. Secondly, because Ganon's just too fun to terrorize people with.

-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? - N/A (AND PROUD, DAMN IT ALL)

-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? - Nah. I'm very happy and proud of my choices and obstinance.

-Feel free to add anything to this - It all depends on what you put stock into. If you want people to fear you and want to win, you may be someone who puts a lot of value into an image or status (though there are obviously exceptions). I've found that most LT/MT mains just love their character and feel alike to me, in that which validation comes from a personal assessment of performance given underwhelming options rather than the assessment of another. I think if a person lacks the faith to succeed to a level that they're content with as a LT/MT, then it's not the character that's the problem, rather, a fundamental weakness in one's attitude.

Dcold

Smash Lord
-Which bad character do you play? Sheik

-Do you think your character is bad? No, just under explored. She has her flaws, but has many strengths also.

-How did you come about to playing this character? I found her fun, so kept using her since 08.

-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? I believe I can get around those flaws. I've heard when you know your army is smaller than the other's, you don't attack head on.

-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? Haven't switched, but I use other characters for fun. MK/ICs/Snake.

-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? No, I wouldn't play this game if I didn't main Sheik really, she's the most fun to play. I've grown attached.

- In all honesty, whether it's the person's favorite character, or they like the character design, the one thing that I'd say drives most people to continue using their character is the fun felt from using a character that is not the best. In just plain facts, everyone would have the best chance of winning if they all used MK. It's the same concept with other games, namely Kingdom Hearts, there's an appeal to beating the game at a lower level, knowing if you wanted to you could train up, and the game will be much easier, but you enjoy the stress and the ultimate success of winning with the odds against you (not necessarily MU dependent, but you understand my point). It's like wanting the underdog in sports to win, because the odds are stacked against them, sure they may not always win, but when they do it's like "YOU LOST TO THE BOBCATS LOL". Plus it's a safe net for people who have nothing to lose. Win vs Ganon; Okay? Lose vs Ganon; LMFAO.

Some factors that I think can cover many people who main lesser characters.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
:wolf: and :ganondorf:
:wolf: is pretty good, but :ganondorf: is horrible (:jigglypuff: is still worse)
:ganondorf: was my main in Melee. :wolf: was my tub of ice cream when I discovered how bad :ganondorf: was nerfed.
:wolf: deals with :marth: and :popo: for me.
I went from :ganondorf: to :wolf: with :falco: as a secondary to just playing :falco: to :wario: with :wolf: and :falco: as secondaries. What drove me to switch away from :ganondorf: was obviously the atrocities that were done to him in the transition from Melee to Brawl. With :wolf:, I started noticing that I did just as well when using :falco: despite being significantly less skilled with him. I eventually tried out :wario: and fell in love with his giant head and smelly morbidly obese buttcrack of death.
"Dude, I'm from 4 years in the future. :ganondorf: isn't good in this game, use :wario: instead. Trust me, dude, you'll save yourself a lot of time."

falln

Smash Ace

:kirby2:

nope.denial

he crouches under falco lasers

hes fun and smash 4 is coming out in the not too distant future so might as well stick with him

character integrity 4lyfe

i would go back in time and use 2012 :olimar: tactics in 2008 and be #1 pr for a long time and then retire as world champion

:kirby2: is also the only character who is adorable even when he trips

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
:falcon: and :pit:

nope.

I loved :falcon: from the previous games and wanted to try :pit:

:falcon: is fun. The Knee destorys.

I stopped using :pit: because of Admiral Pit's obessesion of telling us :pit: users to stop using other characters and ONLY use :pit: so I stopped using :pit:. I still use :falcon: till this day

No. my :pit: was considered to be one of the best in SouthEastern michigan at one point

:falcon: will return to his former glory in the next smash.

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I main DK but play MK. I enjoy DK as a character and I enjoy seeing how much I can push MK on the technical side.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
- Which bad character do you play? - Captain Falcon and Ganondorf.

- Do you think your character is bad? - Most definitely so.

- How did you come about to playing this character? I liked using Ganondorf in Melee, which is why I still like using him in Brawl, while Captain Falcon is Captain Falcon. Every Smasher is obligated to have Captain Falcon as one of their secondaries, even if he's a rarely used secondary.

- If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? - To put it simply: They're just fun to use. Ganondorf's heavy-hitting attacks, though hard as hell to land, feels rewarding when they hit. Captain Falcon suffers from more or less the same issue with hitting with his attacks, what with the bad hitboxes and all, but has some of the flashiest KOs that people can conjure up, and let's face it; everyone loves seeing a good Falcon performing.

- If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? - Well, they're not my primary mains and they never were, so I suppose this question does not apply to me.

- If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? - No. They're easy and comfortable to use, while characters like Link and Sonic require way too much thinking, whether it's figuring out which one of Link's projectiles to use, or which one of Sonic's B moves one should use to mindgame the opponent.

- Feel free to add anything to this - The way I see it, if one loves a character enough, and feels comfortable using them, then go right ahead - tournament placings be damned. If one really wants to win in tournaments, however, and their low tier main simply will not cut it for them, then there's no shame for opting to go with a higher-tiered character.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
WHAT HAVE I DONE TO PEOPLE TO MAKE THEM POST WITH CHARACTERS LOL?

/caps

Though I do feel flattered people are copying me.

:018:

Jet300

Smash Ace
:fox:
No.
I played his games before, and I'm a fan of him.
Because I liked Fox through out my whole life.
-If you stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching?
That will never happen to me, but I will switch to Diddy, Because he's fun and a good character.
-If you could back in time to the point where you just stared using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, Would you?
No.
:fox: is da best

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I will try this for fun.
Zelda (MK is my main)
-Do you think your character is bad? I think she is the worst character in the game.
-How did you come about to playing this character? I started using Zelda when I barely new anything about the game. I used to think she was good because of her side B. Now I laugh at how I used to think.
Its fun when people approach Zelda thinking she cant do anything and get hit with a high knockback move.
-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? I hate Zelda's recovery and im thinking about using Olimar as a second main character.
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? Yes. I would have learned how to use Pikachu.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131

I play :nessbrawl: :lucasbrawl: :kirbybrawl: :peachbrawl: :mariobrawl: and :luigibrawl:

For not bad characters, I use :toonlinkbrawl: :icsbrawl: and :olimarbrawl:

I honestly did not know Ness and Lucas were considered bad until I read that they had grab release issues. Kirby I don't really think he's bad. Peach I thought she was bad when I first tried her out in Brawl since she was very good in Melee, but then I read a few Peach guides and put time using her. Mario & Luigi I think they're bad.

Toon Link I can use pretty well. ICs I can't chaingrab nor desync, so I'm not that good with them. Olimar I use decently.

Lucas, Toon Link, ICs, Olimar, Kirby and Luigi I used since Brawl came out. Mario I read a guide about him and tried him out. Ness I decided to try him, but wasn't sure if I liked him better than Lucas. Well now I do. Peach (as previously mentioned) I read a few guides and tried her out.

I don't really use ICs, Luigi or Mario anymore since they're not as fun as my other mains. :p

I still use them to play for fun. And I know my options with them better than any other character.

I only stopped using ICs, Luigi and Mario. Though I didn't exactly switch them for anyone else.

Nope.

I use too many characters. :p But hey, I have more options. XD
Some people underestimate me since I use these characters and that I'm just 14, but I will show them I can be challenging. :p
Also Ness is the best. XD :bee:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Which bad character do you play?
:samus2:

Yes.

After coming from 7 years of melee and seeing players like DireVuclan(best gw)/Sethlon+Neo(top 2 roys)/Green Mario(best mario), i figured brawl would pretty much be the same(boy was i 110% wrong) and i wanted to be just like them. So i chose one of my fav characters in all of Nintendo and it just so happened to be a low tier.

TBH, it took me a solid 2 years to fully accept Samus CAN NOT compete at the highest level of play(regardless of player skill). I also realized that brawl itself is an absolutely terrible game(next to no hit/shield stun, tripping, mk, grab armor, buffering....ect) so this made me realize that no matter the character i use, the game will still suck. So i stay with Samus just to continue holding my title as best samus and continue to win money in low tier tournaments.

I use rob sometimes, mostly for teams if i do use him. I switched to him because hes like Samus in the fact that hes a very unique character and yet better than Samus. Do i regret it? yes and no. yes because he slightly more viable than samus. no because brawl is brawl and regardless of character, this game is really bad.

if i could go back to that point with the knowledge i have now? Id go Metaknight and never look back. There is really no other point to go any other character if you want to win money/have the easiest possible time in tournament.

TBH, Brawl is just a really bad game.

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
:ganondorf:, :link2:, :bowser2:, :mario2:, :luigi2:, :ness2:, :dk2:, :rob:, :peach:, and finally :wolf:.

Hell no. Anyone can give you a run for your money. Even Bowser and Ganon can be scary mofos.

Honestly, yes those are a lot of characters. But I love them all. Especially DK.
Oh, and I love tanks in every game that I play.

They are extremely fun to play as, and these characters (Excluding R.O.B.) are all some of my favorites in video games. Also, when playing with friends, we love pulling silly antics, such as doing a complete Ganon battle and only using Warlock Punch.
I love R.O.B. as a ranged attacker. Have always used him for his B, Bdown, and Nair.

Would I change playing as my favorite characters? Never.

Do you all feel it? That tingling sensation. You just destroyed somebody with Ganondorf/Bowser. There really is no greater satisfaction in history.

BSP

Smash Legend
I care to disagree with that last sentiment

Coming back from a 1 stock to 3 with Luigi and landing an Up B in the process. It makes people hate Luigi forever.

Top Bottom