• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why marth has been nerfed

mimic_king

Smash Lord
marth just isn't that good anymore. his range is decreased, his knockback is decreased, and his attack speed has been decreased.

his b move is now a stab, and it's stronger and takes less time to charge, but it's not very effective in air. his side b is easier to do, but its effectiveness has been decreased significantly.

i still use marth, but only for kicks.

one thing i don't understand is why all of my friends think he is overpowered. he isn't anywhere near overpowered, especially compared to characters like snake and meta knight. i just wish someone could explain it them so that they will stop getting mad whenever i win with marth.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
marth just isn't that good anymore. his range is decreased, his knockback is decreased, and his attack speed has been decreased.

his b move is now a stab, and it's stronger and takes less time to charge, but it's not very effective in air. his side b is easier to do, but its effectiveness has been decreased significantly.

one thing i don't understand is why all of my friends think he is overpowered. he isn't anywhere near overpowered, especially compared to characters like snake and meta knight. i just wish someone could explain it them so that they will stop getting mad whenever i win with marth.
Marth was disgusting in Melee. He NEEDED to be toned down. Badly. My advice? Go play Falcon to see some real nerfing. Then go back to Marth and be thankful he still has something (quite a bit actually) to work with. He's got it better than a lot of chars even post nerfing.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I see Reid from Tales of Eternia there...

And the Earth King from Avatar.

And that "guy who I don't remember because there's too many people in Gundam SEED."

Oh, and Dawn/Hikari from Pokemon.

And let's not forget Alex Louis Armstrong and Kyon.

<_<

Sigh, why has humanity been nerfed?

Killress

Smash Ace
I see Reid from Tales of Eternia there...

And the Earth King from Avatar.

And that "guy who I don't remember because there's too many people in Gundam SEED."

Oh, and Dawn/Hikari from Pokemon.

And let's not forget Alex Louis Armstrong and Kyon.

<_<

Sigh, why has humanity been nerfed?
CAUSE TIRES DON EXITS!

/sarcasim

Getting sick of these sort of threads too, Viet? :ohwell:

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
YAy, there is Reid Hershel ^_^. Anyway, let me help you...

YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD:

IDK

Smash Lord
ow. your statements are painful. ow. OW! stop it... seriously. lots of pictures to which i previously lul'd. :p he's still high tier nub... he's not the dude with the million foot sword anymore (another addition to how he is feminine) (i lol'd) but he still kicks your *bottom*****... play drago or something. Roy_R. you... change your mind... NOWWWWWWWWW.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
i knew that the fact that this was a hot thread was to good to be true. you started all of this. honestly what was the point of putting that picture?

they should have a spamming thread on this site. i don't know if they have one or not.

I'm just going to abandon this topic just to see how crazy it gets

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
i knew that the fact that this was a hot thread was to good to be true. you started all of this. honestly what was the point of putting that picture?

they should have a spamming thread on this site. i don't know if they have one or not.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Marth was nerfed because this was a new game and everyone was changed.

(this is what happens when game tester get a buch of casuals for a pros game.)

∫unk

Smash Master

This will be useful to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYRsKaFWg9I

Top Bottom