• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why isnt ther a wifi tier list?

c3gill

Smash Ace
... what would make a wifi tier list any different than the normal tier list?

unless you plan on taking lag into account, and determine which characters suffer worse from lag- thats an lol worthy idea though, how would you compare and test this?

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
lol i hate wolf spammers! fsmash fsmash fsmash dsmash lazer lazer lazer taunt
"Sees Topic creators main"

well, Wifi is not really a big deal sir.

DON"T GO ACTING ALL TOUGH BECAUSE YOU BEAT PEOPLE ON WI FI!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I think some1 should come up with a wifi tier list FOR REAL.ill probaly come with a top 5 i suggest u do too just for discussion.
Huh, and here I thought April Fool's Day was over. Now I just feel silly.

+1

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think some1 should come up with a wifi tier list FOR REAL.ill probaly come with a top 5 i suggest u do too just for discussion.

The tier list is the same...
The only difference is the lag, correct? There is no way to test at a constant lag rate because lag varies from player to player. You are free to form a list of your own but it all most certainly cannot be accurate.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Online tournament rankings obviously.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
=O
oh silly me^^?

well now get to it guys;)
Since it is online and not offline I'm sure it will be completely different =)
MK will probably be G tier =D and C. Falcon seriously might be God Tier =D

Left to Right

No really try it out ^^

Splice

Smash Hero
In really mediocre "I can brawl to this, but its a bit annoying" lag,

Ness and Lucas bottom tier (Up B becomes impossible) and Bowser and DK (trust me)
Ganondorf and Sonic go a but higher (easier to land Power moves, and Sonic is fast still so is less affected)
Lucario, Wolf, G&W, Falco, go a lot higher ( Cbf explaining. Smash Move tricks for GaW confuse more)

I still dont think we need this, Online tournaments dont count for nothing,
The only reason most people play online is to practice for tournaments or for fun,
And when its for fun no-one cares about tiers.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Tier lists are fun...

Just because we dont need it doesn't mean we shouldnt *try*. But it WILL be unaccurate.

(lucario go higher lol what?)

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
=O
oh silly me^^?

well now get to it guys;)
Since it is online and not offline I'm sure it will be completely different =)
MK will probably be G tier =D and C. Falcon seriously might be God Tier =D

Left to Right

No really try it out ^^
I lol'ed.

But the wifi tier rankings wouldn't be that much different than the offline tier list, because all characters would be disadvantaged by the lag to a similar extent. Plus... how useful would such a tier list be?

Not very imo.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
SS: Snake, Ike, Lucario

S: Mr Gnw, Metaknight, Wolf, Olimar,

A: Falco, ROB, Peach, Wario, Diddy Kong

B: Pit, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Luigi, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, Fox

C: Kirby, Toon Link, Ice Climbers, Marth, Zelda,

I copied this from someone, I DIDNT MAKE THIS, Im not saying who because I dont know if he wants me to say or not.

Note that this assumes you play along with wifi. ANY CHARACTER THAT YOU PLAY LIKE OFFLINE WILL BE WORSE ONLINE. This list represents how easy it is to switch up styles, and win in lag.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
there shouldn't be a Wi-Fi tier list, we already have an official tier list, and we have that because playing in live tournaments is way better than playing with button lag

Geist

Smash Master
Making a tier list based on wifi would require a consistant metagame. Or any sort of metagame whatsoever, besides spamming the biggest moves. The fact that lag isn't consistant and affects people differently, you can't really get any accuracy...

There would have to be some sort of concensus on the first tier list as well, and we all know THAT'S not happenning any time soon. >_>

there isn't a wifi tier list because wifi means nothing lol
basically

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Ike would definitely be top tier. The main problem about accessing lag is because sometimes there is no lag, which means a normal tier list would be used. Doesn't help us if there is one though.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Ice Climbers... would move way down.

No starting desync. Desyncing becomes harder with button delay. Chain grabbing is way harder on wifi too.

Bowser would move up a bit, though. He's does better on wifi than offline, from what I've experienced with using him, with the exception of the release grab stuff.

(Also, I seem to only be able to aim Lucas's recovery well on wifi, I suck with it offline for some reason o.O)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: WiFi tiers.

Top: Olimar

Bottom: 35 character who want to rip that little b*tch to shreds.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic go a but higher (easier to land Power moves, and Sonic is fast still so is less affected)
It's double edged though.

Sonic can move as fast and be even harder to hit if you're actually aiming for him.

But that's the trick, and the kicker.

If you're throwing out fast / disjoint moves, especially aerials or moves that require him to shield or space to punish, then it's also harder to shield moves, so they also tend to run into attacks more often.

The real advantage goes to the person throwing out moves/approaching, since they control the timing of their attacks and don't have to worry about reflexively retaliating or anything like that. Whether by 'attacking'/'approaching' you mean running up to and actually hitting, or just throwing a slow item, lol. Even noobie tactics like spamming spindash or Wolf lasers/F-smash work better lol.

Fast-attacking, ranged characters with disjointed moves/projectiles are hella hard to fight on wifi. Characters with hard hitting moves can kill easier with simple Yomi 2 baits.
Everyone loses spacing ability, and people who play defensively and/or are based off of Yomi 1 lose out.

>__> wifi tier lists are worthless.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
SS: Snake, Ike, Lucario

S: Mr Gnw, Metaknight, Wolf, Olimar,

A: Falco, ROB, Peach, Wario, Diddy Kong

B: Pit, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Luigi, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, Fox

C: Kirby, Toon Link, Ice Climbers, Marth, Zelda,

I copied this from someone, I DIDNT MAKE THIS, Im not saying who because I dont know if he wants me to say or not.

Note that this assumes you play along with wifi. ANY CHARACTER THAT YOU PLAY LIKE OFFLINE WILL BE WORSE ONLINE. This list represents how easy it is to switch up styles, and win in lag.
Why is Kirby so low? I remember people making online tier lists here a while ago.

Top Bottom