• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is fox a higher tier than falco?

TheGoat

Smash Ace
aww ****. You're using m2k as an example. Well, since mango places higher than all foxes with falco, there's my point.
I see your point-M2K didn't just go fox. Similarly, mango hasn't been winning tournaments only playing falco (correct me if I'm wrong).

About the apex results-they seem very even, but I suppose falco gets the edge due to Dr PP's placement of 4th place as pure falco. The highest pure fox placed 7th (this is just from apex, of course).

There are still the matchups, where I think fox still tends to do better, but I don't think the community has a firm consensus on a completely accurate matchup table. If falco is indeed the better spacie, it would be the first time falco places higher than fox on the tier list. Interesting.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
m2k usually uses marth, sometimes fox, but hardly falco. however falco is usually better in tourney placings, so i personally believe that he is dominant over fox. oddly, in 2009, when asked who was the best character in melee, m2k said that it was a tie between fox and sheik, making no mention of marth or falco. anyway, back on topic, falco is better imo, and should be above foxy.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
im starting to think falco is actually better too, im not sure though, the whole mango wins with falco so hes the best thing doesnt really work. i bet if mango went fox he win every tourney and wed think he was the best again, but over all, i think falco places higher

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
well fox is certainally not BAD, i just think that falco has a better potential. fox is still kicking *** in tourneys, but falco is destroying *** if im correct.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
yes but if falco/fox really need to recover, they likely wont be that far away so that they need a good recovery, or just knocked too far to recover at all

TheGoat

Smash Ace
yes but if falco/fox really need to recover, they likely wont be that far away so that they need a good recovery, or just knocked too far to recover at all
It happens very often that falco is knocked off the stage and he can't make it back, but fox would be able to come back from that same distance.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
It happens very often that falco is knocked off the stage and he can't make it back, but fox would be able to come back from that same distance.
this is important, however there are more important things, such as how much damage they can rack up before they finish and how strong their moves are.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
for finishers, fox has his usmash and shinespike; falco has fsmash, dsmash, and dair
fox also has uair, and sometimes utilt. and falco has a decent ko option with shine jump shine finish but this is just my opinion.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
This is obsolete as the two are tied for 1st in the tier list :D

PB&J

Smash Hero
fox and falco should be in the same tier, dont dwell on the tier list..when the community cant even agree who the best character is..thats a problem..they both are good..falco is better on the stage , but isnt off ..where fox comes in.
tier list means nothing anyway.

and puff shouldnt even be top 5 ,but people think otherwise

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I still think there are techniques that have yet to be discovered
Same. Melee is ever evolving and you're always learning and figuring out new ****.

Most epic game ever made, sadly the majority of people play stuff like CoD or something. Competetive Melee isn't well known :(

Top Bottom