• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is fox a higher tier than falco?

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
:confused:I don't get it. With his SHLs, d-air, d-smash, and f-smash, how could he be rated as a lower tier? From the video's that I've seen, Falcon, Jiggz, and Sheik are the only ones that could possibly counter him (in my opinion). I think falco is just better.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i also think falco > fox but not for the reasons you stated.

and falco doesnt have any counters, his worst matchups are even

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
his SHLs cause flinching and can prevent fox from attacking much at all. also, falco phantasm is hard to shine spike due to the meteor effect

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
falco's lasers are much easier to deal with than fox's. I don't know about most people but i'm use to powersheilding most lasers and if you can predict a laser it's very sexy to laser combo isn't falco's death. Really some falco's lasers seem to be there biggest weakeness take that away and they seem lost. one powersheilded laser lets you take back a lot of the stage. If you predict their fake lasering that's a free air move.

really after playing against my brother's falco a lot if you can't laser as good as him or better which may be the thing he's best at easily(very fast and good at preussing) really i'll just come in and just straight up **** you.

fox can easily mix-up how he plays DD camp, rush them, laser camp hardcore, laser camo just to get them to approach, and other mix-ups really fox's combos can be just as deadly his grab game *****. Fox should be higher mostly to options without lasers metagame isn't as powerful as lasers so falcos relie on them a lot.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I think LumpyCPU was the one that said in the Fox thread that the Falco/Fox match-up is 60-60. It sounds about right. But Falcon definitely does not counter Falco. Neither does Jiggz unless you're a low level player who can't DI the up-throw. Sheik, I haven't seen much on. Pretty sure you can combo pretty easily since she's a FFer.

And Falco may be a "lower tier," but he's still second. The top, like, four are pretty much even anyways for the most part.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
falco definetly has good enough matchups to be #1 but fox is just more versatile id say. i like falco better though!

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I LOL'D SO HARD WHEN I SAW THAT. I like how both parts of the sentence (the part regarding Falco and part regarding Fox) are both wrong. Falco d-air can't kill even at 999%.... if the Fox can tech, looool (I actually have no idea if ASDI is long enough to cover the distance, but oh well).

TheGoat

Smash Ace
I think it's generally matchups, since falco just gets gibbed a lot more. He is pretty much the easiest character to kill-easy to combo and has atrocious recovery; his throws are terrible, whereas fox has a good upthrow, and fox has much better recovery and also runs faster. I say people need to stop *****ing about how "broken" falco is...he is top tier but really, (to those who do it) take your whining to fox. Or even marth or shiek.

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
first of all,falco's dair CAN kill someone at 999% (whether they're on the gound or not) and fox's dair is a weak but sort of useful spike. you'd also be surprised how many people i've played that forget to tech out of spikes

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I LOL'D SO HARD WHEN I SAW THAT. I like how both parts of the sentence (the part regarding Falco and part regarding Fox) are both wrong. Falco d-air can't kill even at 999%.... if the Fox can tech, looool (I actually have no idea if ASDI is long enough to cover the distance, but oh well).
depending on how you hit the dair, many times it is untechable.
Falco's dair killing early is a legitimate statement to make.

first of all,falco's dair CAN kill someone at 999% (whether they're on the gound or not) and fox's dair is a weak but sort of useful spike. you'd also be surprised how many people i've played that forget to tech otu out of spikes
thats probably because foxs dair doesnt spike. and if people you're playing "forget" to tech falco's dair (when possible), you need to play more/better people.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Does it really matter who is top and who is not?
This game is so balanced it does not matter which character you use, it's the player that dictates the match.
Just because there are a whole lot of Falco's ****** people does not mean nothing, congratulate the player ****** with that character.

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
i think that if you have a fox and a falco of equal skill on final destination with 3 stocks, 6 out of 4 times falco will win

JPOBS

Smash Hero
originally i said fox's dair doesnt spike, which is part of the reason why you cant tech it.

you responded with "foxs dair is about as strong as zeldas dair"

Even if true (and i really dont know), i dont see what that has to do with anything

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
it was just a comparison to show that fox's dair can spike a little even if its not a true spike
sorry for being retarted earlier

this is sort of random but if your against fox in classic on very hard his dair spikes you hard and fast

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
another reason that falco is better than fox is that his SHLs are much more powerful and good for stalling

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Lol falco isn't better than fox, just throw him off the stage.

Also they are even but seriously falcos recovery isn't all that great.

@icg: falcos lasers are better than foxes by a mile imo.
They have hitstun. Falco takes a lot of control by shooting lasers cause they're huge. They can really tear up your recovery as well as gimp your ground game.
Most falcos don't laser like idiots, there's a plan such as shl to shield/powershield or even cc if they know you power shield a lot.

Fox can be grabbed out of a laser no matter how high or low it comes out, falco your only option to try and grab him is when he lasers too high or befor the laser comes out in which case you're too close for him to be lasering anyway.

Fox can chain grab fast fallers, falco can not.

OverLord

Smash Ace
it's hilarious how you think that Fox can lose on FD against Falco

Falco has a slight advantage in the MU, but on FD, chaingrab>death, no matther what

ban it man

also, Fox's Dair is not a spike, you can recover from that

Zelda got a crappy Meteor smash

and, a true spike, like Falco's Dair, or Marth's, can be teched, just SDI towards stage and press ****ing R

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
The problem is that when i try to tech out of a spike, about half the time i just end up doing an airdodge and dying

Top Bottom