• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why i think there is no johns for the us (serious topic)

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
@wretched: hungrybox admitted himself that the matchup is like 55:45 for jiggs. seriously, most of the people talking here dont have any idea about melee. did you even watch the stream? its not hard to see that yl fights for his life in this matchup.

@eryx: dude your registration date is like 2013. i dont think you should participate in the discussion here and first get knowledge about the game. also your answer is really dumb. congratulations, your post wins you the poundslap trophy.

@eryx: dude your registration date is like 2013. i dont think you should participate in the discussion here and first get knowledge about the game. also your answer is really dumb. congratulations, your post wins you the poundslap trophy.
Ah, but might I not be an older person in a newer body? ;)

Although, aesthetic changes do not necessarily change stupidity into cleverness. Also, I was having a discussion with you as I am now. There were no questions thrown in your post which I replied too, only comments and attempted counters to your claims. Sadly, you have not provided me the pleasure of being able to continue the points brought up in my previous post :glare: Would you please not shy away and please counter my thoughts directly one-by-one rather than rather than shunning them away? Even a few would be alright rather than completely neglecting to address me.

As for the reward, we might continue to compete for the trophy. It would be quite ironic for one to win the trophy which is named after them.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
@tactician: agreeing with what? i dont think he mentioned anything vital, he just did some unverified claims which are mostly flawed.

@eryx: i did some serious soul-searching now and i came to the conclusion that it is right that you could be an older person in a newer body but you could also be a newer person in a newer body. it is actually 50:50 and thats where the problem comes in. i understand that you want to get this subject clarified but i dont think a discussion would get us anywhere. i hope you understand this too.

but if i can make you a compliment, youre like the most intelligent person ive ever read and you seem so fully in focus of everything.

@nightshadow: dont think so, peach cant win internationals.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Real talk here, I actually wanted to see Hbox win with Ness. My reasoning is simply I want to see the lower tiers grow, just to see what scary potential they might have that we're quite simply...NOT seeing. We've only recently seen the growth of Pika into a monster that only Axe can control, there has to be some kind of mindgame monster behind Ness somewhere. Other than that yeah no johns, at least we got to see it come out and go almost even with Armada's ylink.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Merit of a post should not be changed by who is saying it.
lol, mad irony. If you remember I argued what you just said against john! So yes, I'm well-aware.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean you should feed troll threads though.

lol at Kink-Link not knowing who Star King is and seriously replying

Star King's intellect is too much for this insolent fool

Djent

Smash Champion
Armada is the best in the word (and has been for the past year anyway :smirk:).
But being the best in the world does not equal being invincible.

EDIT: And yes I'm aware this is a :troll: thread ... but this post is serious.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
@nightshadow: dont think so, peach cant win internationals.
holy **** cant stop laughing

I was rooting against armada throughout the entire tournament, but armada just left me in disappointment at every turn. I wanted to be skeptical for a little while longer, but seriously armada is the best player in the world as far as I'm concerned.

Every match against him feels like an uphill battle no matter who's playing him. Definitely says something about the skill level he's at.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I don't give a **** who PoundSlap is, this thread is freaking stupid and should be closed

I agree with some stuff on the OP though

V-K

Smash Ace
If you consider Hbox his playstyle gay then how enormously gay is Armada's Ylink?

:phone:

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
Real talk here, I actually wanted to see Hbox win with Ness. My reasoning is simply I want to see the lower tiers grow, just to see what scary potential they might have that we're quite simply...NOT seeing. We've only recently seen the growth of Pika into a monster that only Axe can control, there has to be some kind of mindgame monster behind Ness somewhere. Other than that yeah no johns, at least we got to see it come out and go almost even with Armada's ylink.
yes hoorray for low tiers (ylink main) and he was playing some falco wes or pp and doing really good to

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
A lot more. Armada's Y.Link must be around 83 gigawatts gay, whereas HBox's Puff is around 12 kiloteslas gay.
The gayness of Armada's Young Link is measured in units of power, but Hbox's Puff's gayness isn't. I guess that works sense they are entirely different types of gay, amirite?

There is no way that they are all as likely to beat Armada as he is to beat them.
He said Armada was more likely to beat any of them than they were to beat him, so that's implied through his post.

"No johns"

"Hungrybox just plays a gay character he shouldn't be upset for losing"
I guess I don't know what a john is, because that second one didn't look like one to me.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Hungrybox. I dont really know why hes showing the sad man on the stream. I honestly think he discarded his dignity there and I think thats very pathetic. Okay I have to admit its an emotional situation but here are the reason why I still think its inappropriate: HB plays Puff a very broken and gay character. I dont see why he didnt deserve his dreams of becoming the Apex champ being shattered like glasses when hes obviously doing the some thing with great players like for example Shroomed or Overtriforce. Do they cry on stream? No. What is more, Hungrybox can be very happy to make it this far. Leffen had the set but risked too much and in the end Hungrybox pulled out the gayest stuff ever. He should also be mentally prepared to lose against Armada and Mango since they are a lot better. I also think Overtriforce and Leffen are better but thats a different theory.
Sounds pretty much like it to me.

"Hungrybox has no right to be upset because he uses a gay character to beat other people and they aren't upset. He even did better than people who are better than him doing super gay stuff."

V-K

Smash Ace
Yeah, Hbox only wins because Jiggs is such a super EZ character. That's also an explanation for the big amount of Jiggs players at Apex.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That argument doesn't work against people who don't want to believe that Puff has a skill requirement...but remember that most people play fun characters (or characters they like). Puff is not considered a fun character. So there is more than one element at work there.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Sounds pretty much like it to me.

"Hungrybox has no right to be upset because he uses a gay character to beat other people and they aren't upset. He even did better than people who are better than him doing super gay stuff."
At best, that could be a john for Leffen (and Overtriforce), but your original second quote didn't really look like one. It's not really saying Hungrybox won because of Puff, more that he plays gay and deserved to lose.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
That argument doesn't work against people who don't want to believe that Puff has a skill requirement...but remember that most people play fun characters (or characters they like). Puff is not considered a fun character. So there is more than one element at work there.
You sound so condescending, Jaiye xP

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
V-K was being facetious.
I know he was being sarcastic. But his point (that Puff must not be easy since you don't see that many at the top) wouldn't matter to those who are resolute in thinking that she's an easy win. And easy win =/= a large player pool.

Vanir: Ok.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Rofl.

Armada is unbeatable?

He has a secondary for a specific player because he couldn't beat Hbox so I don't want to hear this 'unbeatable' stuff, especially with Peepee's performance with a secondary.
Are you serious?

When Armada plays a secondary it's a bad thing but with PP it's a good thing? k

V-K

Smash Ace
I know he was being sarcastic. But his point (that Puff must not be easy since you don't see that many at the top) wouldn't matter to those who are resolute in thinking that she's an easy win. And easy win =/= a large player pool.
I think one of the main reasons why not many people play her is the fact that she is a glass cannon. You need so good spacing that you don't get hit too much and your rests need to be perfected otherwise the punishment will be brutal.

Hbox is one of the few people who mastered these things.

:phone:

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
Look Armada is awesome and such, but get off nuts yo. People who rode Daigo's nuts are now looking stupid, since he's getting beaten into the ground by Inflation and American players.

Top Bottom