• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play low tier?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> Shiek isn't overrated.
Just ask her Fair...
And her Dthrow...about 12 times.
-DD

graves

Smash Journeyman
Well...

It;'s hard to get really Really good with a high you need a lot of skill tier but with a low tier its easier to be OK with. But no offince to people that don't use high tiers I'm not saying there bad you can be good quick witch is good!! :)

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
It's hard to get really good with ANY character
thas exactcly what i was thinking.. and even more with fox so is hard to learn to use him.. b when u stick with a character, i mean like, really setick on it, u can go to an increddible lvl with that low tier character, cause of u know how tome he need to make a necesary hit in a precise moment, u know the frames, u know it all about it.. thats makes u bee good, beacuse of that u wont be thinking in what u can use, ull just know it, and ull be thinking more in what ur opponent isdoing..

Ekit

Smash Rookie
I play lowtier in protest to the tier list and to prove that Ness, Yoshi, and G&W can beat Sheik, Fox and Falco. And, why do you plat hightier? What's wrong with a little variety? Imagine if everyone was playing Sheik, Falco, Fox and Marth... How boring.

Kips

Smash Ace
A good reason is that if we didn't play with them then the game would get stagnant. We might as well just make tiered characters the only characters and tourney legal stages the only stages if this was the way we went.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I just play whatever characters that my heart are close too. If they are low tier, so be it.

I've mained Link since 64, and seconded Kirby since 64. Kirby was beast is 64, and the least in Melee. Link was least in 64 and relatively low in Melee.

I think you tend to get good at characters just by practicing and using them for long periods of time. Such as about 7 years in my case. =] Of course that changes from title to title with whatever changes come along with how the character plays, but it's all fine and dandy to me. I still get to play my favorites. =]

greenblob

Smash Lord
I play whatever character matches my playing style. I like characters that are offense/aggressive, mobile, fluid, and combo-oriented.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
And you got the title 'Smash Director?"

Playing a lower tiered character doesn't mean you'll always lose (especially if the player who uses the higher tiered character sucks). Captain Jack is the best Japanese player and he mains Donkey Kong
Lol, I don't know if anyone else saw this and laughed. Captain Jack is not necessarily the best Japanese player, and he sure as hell doesn't main DK. It doesn't help your point that he actually mains Sheik.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I main Link because I'm a good spammer and link just fits me the best
I also sec Roy because it's so challenging to play him + I suck with marth
I play other low tiers too, I dunno why, it's just fun to beat ppl with them

Gravyguy101

Smash Cadet
I not always about winning for me, I enjoy playing Y.link and Ness, and you know what, when someone can REALLY play a low tier character well it makes for a much more interesting match than the high tiers.

Everyone plays fox, falco, marth or sheik now a days, its no fun to play with them. With low tier's at least it keeps the opponent guessing, I mean how many players really know the in and outs of a match vs Y.Link. Now how many people know the in and outs Vs a Fox?

billsfan444

Smash Rookie
Playing low tier characters i find much more entertaining then say... Marth, Sheik, or Fox. I find it way too easy to win a battle with high tier characters.
My Favorite characters are Jigglypuff, and Game & Watch. No one ever expects to get their ***** kicked by those characters.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Because it's fun!!!
F-Smashing someone fifty feet into the air?
Or Mewtwo's mind games?
Awesome.

Then their's Game and Watch, who's a badass, and Pichu, who's just too ****ed cute!

Low Tiers are awesomely fun to play as, **** competitive play.

Cort

Apple Head
Oh Aesir, you mischief maker.

I play low tiers because they handicap me vs my friends. So my friends can get better at the matchup.

So my friends will stop sucking and losing to low tiers.

Low tiers suck.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I PLay a Low tier cause it shows I can handle and know the physics of the game engine.

I've been trying to get good with Pichu.

Be fast, too fast for enemy, and hit alot with. Try not to take Damage cause Pichu dies REALLY easy. Pichu can be kinda good.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
How to play Pichu:
SHFFL Nair. Repeat. Toss a jolt if you want.

How to edgeguard with Pichu: Nair. Toss a jolt if you want.

Top Bottom