• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Why do YOU play Fox?***

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I just recently made Fox my secondary for the following reasons:

He's fast like Falcon (my main) but the difference is that he's actually good. lol
A lot of the same strategies I use with Falcon work with Fox (great Uair, great Utilt, great Running A, great AAA combo, etc.).
Playing with him feels the most like playing Falcon out of the entire roster which is what I'm natural at.
Love the specials.
I'm better with him than with anyone else in Brawl (except Falcon).

Wiz

Smash Cadet
i took up fox in SSBM and simply the fact of mastering everything about him made me feel excited. I just can't let go of him - he is my heart and soul

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Everybody knows Fox is he best in the game.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
IMO the only thing good about fox is his Combos from his Dair
U can wave shine into ure Dair and just do all these mind games with it and it leads to great combos other than that Falco owns him

unit182

Smash Apprentice
I main him simply because I enjoy the starfox series, and I have mained him since the first game

Veggi

Smash Champion
I use Fox because his games were fun, Arwings are awesome, Fox is a fox, shine spiking people is fun, fire fox is a blast to catch people in, blaster make people think twice about staying away from you and LAAAANDMAAAASTAAAA!!! Plus he's not a bandwagon character anymore.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
No one can stop Fox. He's just too good!!!

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I play him mainly for the speed, power and gameplay he has, i find it amazing, yet hes not my main, but i think im decent with him. Also, the people i play most often hate when i use fox, for instance, my cousing brags too much about his falco and how he owns me in Brawl(i win almost ever Melee match :p), so i pick Fox and win so easily :p, im not that much of a competitive player, but if i were, probably i'd main him.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
"He's THAT character."

I really don't know why. He just seems to be 'that' character. He's just amazing. Plus, he can shine. I play with him because he's just amazing.

Bevo

Smash Apprentice
I play him simply because he has cut little ears and a fuzzy tail and his nose is just plain awesome. But seriously though, I have always liked him.. Been playing the Smash franchise for 8 or 9 years now (i lost count.. if i could ever count before) He's just always been that great character i win with.

punked_25

Smash Cadet
I think I do it because Fox is the only that when you're on a roll, you can really feel it. When you rush the opponent with SHB to JC Shines, forward throws, running dashes and f/n/d airs, he's the only character who is really like 'holy ****, wtf'. Dont know how to explain it, its just that feeling of taking your opponent across FD with that mixup.

What's yours?
I've never really thought about this question. I've always been really into the speed characters because I find it a lot more fun. But I think I totally agree with you. You can really FEEL it when your kicking someones a** with insane combos, etc. It's like your f***ing controller is having an earthquake in your hands due to the vibration and all of the combos you unleash on your opponent, one after another.

Fox also reminds me of "Neo" from The Matrix. So that's always cool I guess...

Diglob

Smash Cadet
I use Fox because of his d-taunt. Seriously, it's just too good. It's a very quick taunt that is hard to punish, it can chain into ANOTHER DEVASTATING D-TAUNT, and it can really piss the opponent off. I actually made some guy stop playing me online by throwing away some of my stocks when I was in the lead by doing nothing but d-taunting until he killed me. I also did blaster + d-taunt combos on Green Greens (he quit after he lost one stock and I was still telling him to C'MON from across the stage). I'm also always sure to throw in some d-taunts between kills. I've also enhanced my edgeguarding game with d-taunt. My personal favorite is running up to them when you know they're going to shield or something to the same effect and then using a d-taunt. It's so pro how I get f-smashed right after I do it, but it's worth it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Seriously, Fox's incredible speed, dair combos, and all that other stuff that I'm sure has already been mentioned is great and all, but Fox's d-taunt is too good and is definitely one of his most underrated moves.

>_______________________>;

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
I play him just because of that High you get, you are sooooo into the game when you d-air them then u-tilt 2-3 times, then grb them and throw them down and chase them with a f-air...SO MUCH ****ING FUN

thats why i play him

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I use Fox because he PWN's in the air, and is my speed character screw Sonic he sucks. And he is the best in Boss Battles, he might not be the fastest but he is the best. hes also very fun to play with. But I still prefer Falco and Wolf :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
He's very good at teams...he's decently good against MK (shine stalling ****s them up so bad), and he's one of my favorite characters in Brawl.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1. He was my main in the original Smash Bros.

2. He was my main in Melee until 2004 when I discovered this site and found out how freakishly overused he was. I then dropped him for Mario and Ness for more of a challenge.

3. Despite Star Fox Adventures being a huge disappointment, Assualt being God awful, and Command being simply okay, Star Fox is still one of my favorite video game franchises.

4. I consider him to be a Metaknight/Snake counter.

5. He's just fun to use.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Pss pss kick kick kick kick pss pss "hhuuuoooh!" psspsspsskickkickkick pss kick kicK bff bff bff "FIYAH!" twirl pewpewkickkick kick kickkickkickkickKICK pss BLINK pss kachaw kick pss "Huagh!" KICK.

Does that answer the question?

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Back in the short time I played Melee, I would always be using Pikachu and Mewtwo, even though I played horribly. I mained Meta Knight the first time I got Brawl and sped through the Subspace Emissary. Once I stopped winning as the Knight, I bounced all over the roster, from Ike to Lucario to Pokemon Trainer to Zelda. (Still fail at playing Zelda)

While Brawling with a sibling, I decided to choose Fox for a change. Lo and behold, I was awesome with him. So, now I stick with a purple space animal as a main. :D

Brett~*

Smash Rookie
Fox has gained my respect for his games. Star Fox 64 was a fun game, im bound to try Assault, and Fox is a cool nintendo character. So having his respect finally, I give him a go on brawl, and I enjoy his style of fighting alot. I'm going to start maining him, and hopefully he can become as good as my Link.

Amide

Smash Lord
I don't main him, but I play him because when you play Fox it feels like you're playing MELEE. He's the fastest in the game. (No Sonic is NOT the fastest. Fall speed counts too)

soul ark

Smash Ace
I don't main him, but I play him because when you play Fox it feels like you're playing MELEE. He's the fastest in the game. (No Sonic is NOT the fastest. Fall speed counts too)
what chu talkin bout fall speed dont count and even if it did sonic is fast enough on ground to compensate for fall speed. however in attack speed fox own's on sonic

PCHU

Smash Lord
Because he has this minty white and green.
Every character has a special color, and it's quite funny to beat people with some minty-Fox.
Plus, it goes well with him.
All of his moves are fresh and have no aftertaste.

Top Bottom