• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Why do YOU play Fox?***

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I think I do it because Fox is the only that when you're on a roll, you can really feel it. When you rush the opponent with SHB to JC Shines, forward throws, running dashes and f/n/d airs, he's the only character who is really like 'holy ****, wtf'. Dont know how to explain it, its just that feeling of taking your opponent across FD with that mixup.

What's yours?

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Because it is fun when n00bs are like "Dood what iz you talking bout. Fox got teh nerfz0rs. he sucks. i pwn all foxes."

Then you play them and three stock them and then they get mad at you and quit.

Also because he has been my main ever since 64 since the first day I got the game. and ironically been high tier all the way. His play style has changed the most from anybody throughout all three games, but he is still good so yea.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Because I mained Ganon and since Ganon no longer felt like my best character in tournaments, I picked up fox. And for holy wtf speed, thats why I picked up C Falcon. Only reason I dont main Falcon is because Im not as good at tech chasing as Id like to be.

Edit And who the **** FAIRS with Fox. Thats dumb =/

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
He's been my MAIN since 64. I kinda left him for maybe a month at the beginning of melee for falco and went right back. He's sexy as hell and no matter what matchup your in, he's always got a chance. Chaingrabbed to 100%? Hello shine spike followed by a pissed off fox beating next stock for doing that. Final point is he's a serious character, mario doesn't fist fight nor does a peach. Fox does.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
He's been my main since 64 and he's so freaken cool. (nead i quote the fox vs rakuaza fight) SOOO SWEET!!!!

He also has my favorite fight style and hes mad fast. Plus he's my favorite Nintendo character.

I will always defend fox's honor when people go on about how he's been totally nerfed.

I've also owned and beeten all but 2 star fox games(the first and command)

GO! FOX!!

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Always want'd to main him, was never great w/ him because i diddnt like his SH in melee. I was a Falco player :D.

Still main Falco and since everything is fresh in brawl i picked up Fox too. And love him.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
He's cool, he has a landmaster, a arwing, he's fast, he has a reflector, a laser gun, he has been my main since N64 and he's a vulpine so... yeah, oh and he kicks ***

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
He was my main since 64 and it's a really fun character fun to play and i love his style, when i play him i always put pressure and more pressure to my opponents y feel like i have to give my 100% when i play fox, i have to be concentrated and don't miss anything, for some reason when i play with fox i play really aggressive and I rarely miss techs, shines and hits, he makes me go with all

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Count me in as another person who's used Fox since the first game. :grin:

Anyhow, I started using him because while watching matches with all CPUs in the original "Smash Bros.", it seemed that he always did really good in them. YES, I know that's not necessarily the best way to determine who's a good char or not, but it worked for me...he was my best character in that game, and he's continued to be part of my teams in "Melee" and "Brawl".

I like using him 'cause he's quick, agile, and has a good moveset. Oh, and the "Star Fox" franchise is cool, too. :)

surrepGuy

Smash Cadet
I completely understand what you're talking about Blistering Speed! I guess you could say playing him gets the adrenaline going :)...and I live for that rush

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Maining fox because Usmash kills, he is quick, and Dair stuns...

Also like the original poster said, Fox is a character of feeling, You KNOW your knock the hell out of the guy, you can feel it. You can see it in their cringing faces as you U-Tilt combo them into a short hopped Dair and Dsmash. Then you just cant help but pause the game and look at your opponent like they just tried to tell you that 2+2=Hat.

I think I say UHN GOD **** about 5 times a match.:mad:

Drkfurryoverlord

Smash Rookie
Started with link in 64, just because i was a humongous LoZ fan. But, Link lacked what I wanted: The art of confusion. In classic mode against fox, i would get pwned so much because of his speed. I decided he would be what I played. I was really really good with him, so I kept playing him. Now I pretty much main between him and Link, because I played link a really long time before fox, so im pretty good with him against anyone who isn't speedy like fox.

but mainly now I play him cuz hes a furry :)

Naxxun

Smash Rookie
i play fox because whenever i can´t beat someone with toonlink i´m somehow able to beat them with fox :) plus i really like the star fox games and he was my main in melee

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
He's quick and just a really solid character.

The one thing that made me not play him in Melee is that he fell to fast but now he's alot more floaty.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I wish Fox had Falco's Bair. Falco's bair is so satisfying and easy to land. Fox's is just... bleh.

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, Fox is so much fun offline where he doesn't have to deal with any sort of lag. Generally, you'll always want to keep moving and mix up your approaches to keep the pressure on. Fox is FAST, so that's not something to be wasted by sitting still. If you've ever booted them off the stage, go for the finisher with Bair or Shine Spikes. The shine may have gotten a range reduction, but shine spikes are still very much alive and well, and quite integral to his game.

I play defensively, so running off from attacks is a breeze with long range defense and amazing close combat skill. In fact, I do believe Fox is the fastest attacker in this game...I'm not totally sure though. Master sidesteps as well, very handy when using him. Also, the brief pause in the air given with the shine is taken for granted in a lot of cases, you can avoid juggling with it, also, if you miss a shinespike, feel free to shine again. take advantage of Fox's semi-hover ability. For combos, I find a short hopped Dair+Utilt repeated is decent, and end it off with a shine. His jab combo can be efficient if used against a wall or on a heavy character. Dtilit to Dair linked to the shine is also alright. Of course though, almost no characters have any combos anymore..

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no offence to any of you guys, cause fox is tha man. but as far as attitude goes, fox is the most goody-two-shoesy type of the spacies, and in the top 5 in the game as far as that goes. and thats not cool. falco and wolf are both cooler than fox attitude wise. thats why everyone likes vegeta more than goku, same concept. and to answer the question. i dabble with any character that has an infinite combo.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Same here. Fox have gotten a little faster but he goes down fast. could anybody who uses fox challenge me. i have not face anybody who is good.

Top Bottom