• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you enjoy playing fox?

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
This topic has more likely then not been made before, but the melee fox boards are not exactly very lively these days so I thought I'd just see why those of us hanging onto melee enjoy playing Fox.

For me I guess it would be:
1. Lots of cool and flashy tricks to learn
2. He's fast
3. I like gimping people
4. He's fast
5. He has a gun
6. He's fast
7. Upsmash
8. He's fast
9. Most importantly, he's really fun to play :)

I love playing fox, and I'm never gonna stop playing melee <3.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Because he's the best character in the game and he's not Marth or Sheik.

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
1. He(Together with Falco and Falcon) is the most awesome character to show off with.
2. Speed
3. Shine
4. Nair +Wave Shine --> Grab --> UAir

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Because I get to hit lots of buttons and make flashy lights. And he's purple. A fox with a ****ing purple jacket and boots. Too awesome.

Oh, and I have to hype the GA Melee tourney in every thread I post, so COME TO IT it's going to be awesome and my very famous purple Fox will be there (along with some noobs like pc chris).

Benitora

Smash Rookie
He one of my favorite characters to use beside my other favorite, but I'm still getting use to using him. Using Fox for his shinespiking skills is enough for one person to at least try him.

Oh, and I have to hype the GA Melee tourney in every thread I post, so COME TO IT it's going to be awesome and my very famous purple Fox will be there (along with some noobs like pc chris).
Truth.

I like him because a lot of his combos are clanky and ugly, also because he has a boring.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
He is fun to play with, comes from a great series, and of course there are those flashy tricks.

I still need to practice my Fox, though.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
He is too fast.
A technical Fox is a scary Fox.
Nothing feels like landing a shinespike at 20%. And then hearing expletives from your opponent.
Shffled drill --> Waveshine --> Upsmash --> "COME ON!"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Because you can be powered by caffeine and stale bagels you brought from home at a 60 man tourney with no sleep and sickness johns and still be amazing because of the awesome powers of buttons and flicking the control stick back and forth.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
1. He's a ****ing Fox
2. He has boots. Teh purple boots.
3. He has a tail
4. He's amazingly good and can beast pretty much everyone.
5. You can vary your playstyle a ton with him. Whether you're the gay campy type or the aggressive rush in and kill them type, Fox has what you need.
6. SHINE SPIIIIIKE!
7. So much stuff to learn, lots of subtle nuances

Rend

Smash Cadet
its gotta be the boots for me... They're some amazing boots. He keeps his gun in those boots.

I want amazing boots like him.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I enjoy playing him because...

1. Foxes are my favorite animal.
2. I find it fun to press the buttons extremely fast.
3. He's really good.
4. Shine spike.
5. The ATs are really fun to perform, and it can be rewarding to learn them.

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
He's fast, flashy, and technical. I can't even play friendlies with someone as slow as gannon or link. It's just not the same.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
Fox is just soo sexy..xD hes fast and i just love running then crouching and smashing up right after..and when nubs play him they can just spam B

Top Bottom