• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why diddy kong now moderately sucks! (Fine overreacting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Because every floaty/small character can Z catch his bananas when they're on the ground, even when they're in your control. LOL, everyone to the metaknight boards, we all main mk now!

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
This means you can do this too, how is this bad? Not being in control isn't that bad unless the opponent knows how to control the stage with nanas just like you. No problem.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This means you can do this too, how is this bad? Not being in control isn't that bad unless the opponent knows how to control the stage with nanas just like you. No problem.
No, taller/heavier characters and diddy kong can't do this consistently because the tech skill required for it is too hard. This is going to make alot of smaller character matchups difficult for diddy kong. Try it in training mode and see how easy it is for kirby and metaknight to use this "tech" and then try it with diddy and you'll notice the difference.

Luigi player

Smash Master
This is a joke, right? You could always just catch them with an airdodge. The timing isn't as easy as with this thing (just tried it with Kirby), but I could always do it with an airdodge anyway. The enemies are getting a little bit tougher now, but it doesn't change that much.

Wait, I just tried it again... I don't think it's easier with Z than with an airdodge. It's the same. With Z you just airdodge too, lol. This doesn't change anything.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Nothing has changed since the day Brawl was released in the United States, so why is this a problem for Diddy Kong now?

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is a joke, right? You could always just catch them with an airdodge. The timing isn't as easy as with this thing (just tried it with Kirby), but I could always do it with an airdodge anyway. The enemies are getting a little bit tougher now, but it doesn't change that much.
It makes their general game against us faster and its much harder to punish when they are z catching it. At least if they airdodge they have lag but with this they can easily just throw it right after they pick it up.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It makes their general game against us faster and its much harder to punish when they are z catching it. At least if they airdodge they have lag but with this they can easily just throw it right after they pick it up.
What do you mean? They have to touch the ground to pick it up. It's the same as with an airdodge... o.o

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I actually thought this was common knowledge. I originally experimented with this idea with Lucario (since he is known to pick banana peels off the ground with F-air, even if he's directly above it), and then subsequently Kirby.

This singular tactic won't break match-ups in and of itself, but it will be a culmination of every other players' mastery of many or all item micromanagement techniques that will put Diddy Kong in a bind in the upcoming months.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
i guess what you are saying is if a banana is on the ground they can use z with no lag nd throw it right back.. But this has always been happening because if a character does any move right when he touches the ground to get the nana the character has no lag to pick it back up.. you should know this??

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that this can be a huge problem for diddy kong, if you just keep this in mind it shouldn't be a big problem, just keep the pressure on them and be agressive and it shouldn't be a game changer.

Except her peach: because of her float she could probably do this much easier and quicker now.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Sure this isn't a real big deal. But little things like this add up over time. Other characters are learning there s*** about the diddy kong match-up and things are going to get harder for the little monkey.

Good thing I already second metaknight. LOL just kidding. But not really.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
If it's easier for smaller characters, wouldn't it be easier for diddy to just throw them back?

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
No, taller/heavier characters and diddy kong can't do this consistently because the tech skill required for it is too hard. This is going to make alot of smaller character matchups difficult for diddy kong. Try it in training mode and see how easy it is for kirby and metaknight to use this "tech" and then try it with diddy and you'll notice the difference.
Apparently it is hard to do with diddy.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Hmm, maybe you can emphasize on their attempt to use the nana's so you can punish them? It might be hard to do against good players, but countering their attempt to use the nana's might be effective.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
This singular tactic won't break match-ups in and of itself, but it will be a culmination of every other players' mastery of many or all item micromanagement techniques that will put Diddy Kong in a bind in the upcoming months.
Is this the beginning of the time where people will slowly be able to use nanners against us more efficiently? i remember there was a topic about this awhile back <_>

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Wait I dont get it. They can zcatch bananas by falling on a banana on the ground while hitting z? Or do you mean that they can zcatch bananas while standing on the ground when you throw a banana at them?

Staco

Smash Champion
MKs etc. know this since month.
Its nothing special and very situational. Not extremly useful.
And it wont change the MUs, lol.

And other chars can use this "airdodge throw an item out of the first frames" tricks to throw it as fast as Z-Picking throw.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Lol what AZ said ;)

Im guessing from the posts after mine that its the thing where you fall onto bananas to zcatch. Doesnt really change much cause everyone can just falling air dodge to catch bananas anyways.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
if you know ur opponent is gonna catch it then lol this is where mindgames reign god amongst all smashers. though good attempt to scare people from using diddy chrome haha xD

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Yet another thing to make you fear us MK mainers. Mwahahahaha.

JK. This I didn't know.

saberhof

Smash Master
umm...i can pick up bananas off the ground with aerial attacks xD and i find it incredibly easy catching bananas xD

i don't see a problem :O more like a non practicing person :p

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Are you kidding? This deserved a thread? This is common sense!

I'm honestly getting tired of "ADHD had a thought, let's all think it's revolutionary" threads. My friends who don't even read these forums know this just through playing me. It's not game-breaking in any way, either; just catch them back and throw them back at them when you get the chance. There's a reason our match-ups with the floaties are bad :|

EDIT:
ADHD stop trying to scare the new people away from Diddy.
This.

Our boards need a clean-up :|

ADHD

Smash Hero
Are you kidding? This deserved a thread? This is common sense!

I'm honestly getting tired of "ADHD had a thought, let's all think it's revolutionary" threads. My friends who don't even read these forums know this just through playing me. It's not game-breaking in any way, either; just catch them back and throw them back at them when you get the chance. There's a reason our match-ups with the floaties are bad :|

EDIT:

This.

Our boards need a clean-up :|
I've only made two so far, ever. But okay.

Edit: close thread please!

SuperToughPinkPuff

Smash Cadet
From AZ's How to Get Better Quick with Diddy thread....

"Second, if they make the better decision, using an air attack to pick up the banana, then you know where and when the attack will occur. Use this information to plan accordingly"

and imo if they are on the ground

"Remember, a banana tossed in front of the opponent can be followed up nicely with a peanut shot, giving them two projectiles to worry about in a small window of time."

If they catch it youve already got the peanut going and are moving in for the dash to smash.

NOTE: Im newish to Diddy so correct if im wrong

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Considering how well I catch bananas without even air-doding on a good day, I think you have bigger problems to worry about :laugh:

It's only a matter of time before I surpass your banana game at this rate, MUAHAHAHHA.

Also lulz @ Pit's jab on rocket barrels!!! Stop using that **** it gets you ***** so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom