• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why choose diddy?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
like the thread title states. why choose diddy as your character?

for me :
- his wacky playstyle is like my personality
- practice mindgames and tech chasing
- loved the games
- hes a dam chimpanzee
- to not join the metaknight bandwagon
- his side taunt :p

:3 and u guys?

Ugg

Smash Champion
Uhh..

- Really pisses off my friends.
- Bananas.
- I like the community.
- I personally like his down taunt the most.
- His white/yellow costume.
- VERY fun. Never gets old.
- Donkey Kong 64 was one of the most fun games I've played, and I didn't like Donkey Kong as a character.

That's about it.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
He is a character that affects your mind,It helps in the next round in a tourney.He is also fun.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
- Down Taunt
- Hes been my favorite character to play as since I was 6 years old. Like Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong Country, Mario kart, etc.
- Not as well known as some of the other cast.
- Bananas
- Fast and small character

Count

Smash Champion
I've been playing him since day 1-The first time I played I became in love with his dash attack and fast aerials. As I continued playing him I loved the large learning curve-any game I've played competitively has been somewhat technical so I loved that aspect of him.

saberhof

Smash Master
i have always wanted him to be my main since there was a "diddy for brawl" thread and i always loved donkey kong country 1,2. diddy was great =D...

and i really adapted to him and now i love him x)

TreK

Is "that guy"
He intrigued me when i saw the dojo announce, and when i got brawl i picked mk... But he became boring. Then i remembered diddy's weirdness, and decided to play him vs my friend when we tested brawl, he was just like i dreamed lol
I've never ever dropped him from this day :p
His metagame is always changing (and trust me, when your second main is luigi, you can feel it), he never gets boring, he annoys everyone i play, and most of all he fights with fruits =)

CrAzYdRuNk

Smash Cadet
Diddy is just too fun, and his bananas make you feel like you have an advantage over your opponant. His moveset just works for me, and he has so many different options. He doesn't completely suck against MK, so that's always a reason to use someone.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I originally played him because he seemed like such a silly character. I tend to connect with the characters I main in a way, and I was getting bored with Falco's cool suaveness in Melee.

Now I screech like a monkey whenever I'm gettin' hit by something in Brawl. It's too good.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Someone told me he was the best out of all of the characters I used so I went on to main him. =/

Nitrix

Smash Ace
- Diddy is fresh and fun!

- Banana spam is easy and rewarding

- He is fast and easy to use

- Being able to effortlessly link together moves is 1337

DFEAR

Smash Hero
First person I learned to glide toss with
And I love all of his bannana tricks (especially dribbling) :)
haha same

- Being able to effortlessly link together moves is 1337
hehe like street fighter o-o. btw everybody ply el fuerte in sf4 :p hes fun to play (but i main ken for future tournies o-o yay shoryuken spam =P)

Iceblade333

Smash Rookie
diddy kong is not a chimpanzee if you look, he has a tail, chimps are apes and dont have tails, but monkeys do so he is a monkey

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
- Funnest character to play
- Bananas
- Short, fast, and to my liking
- He is the sexiest monkey alive, and the cause of AIDS

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy kong is not a chimpanzee if you look, he has a tail, chimps are apes and dont have tails, but monkeys do so he is a monkey
so a monkey is an actual race of monkeys? or is a monkey a race of the primate family o-o.

if so yay monkeys :p

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
He's fun, fast, has nanerz, and annoys the hell outta people who don't know how to fight him lol.

...and he kinda counters MK =p

c3gill

Smash Ace
Lucas doesnt cover everyone in the game (doesnt cover half the people in the game :()

And Diddy is fast-paced, annoying, and has nanerzzz. Oh and he throws hit hat in a juggling motion in Donkey Kong Country. basically hes a lil pimp.

awful

Smash Cadet
I was addicted to all of the donkey kong games

So i hadd to play him in brawl

I always like liked this hoodrat monkey

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
hes my seconadry (my decide to change him to main)
1. nanerz are awesome
2. i like how he is so active
3. when opponents camp (especially the non-projectile charactrers) i can just play with nanerz to aggrivate them
4. MONKEY
5. i like his voice effects

Jupz

Smash Master
Well I don't main him, I main King Dedede but my secondary is constantly changing around. I change secondary's every week and sometimes main around 4 characters but King Dedede is always top. I like to play diddy recently because hes fun, one of the only characters I haven't seconded, but his playstyle is so much more active then DDD's its quite wierd to get used to and I'm hoping it will make me a better player overall because I can learn how diddy's minds work.

Legic

Smash Cadet
I just really like the bananas and when people trip over em:laugh: Diddy never gets old and it'll be always fun to play him and annoy your friends sometimes. Only lost a few times with diddy and I can always count on him when I cant beat someone with my other chars:)

Top Bottom