• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your secondary for gw?

DonQuixote

Smash Apprentice
Hey. So who is your guys secondary for gw? What characters make a good second for him?

K 2

Smash Lord
I use G&W and pika as my mains. There's no strategic reason to picking pika; he was just fun to play. For a practical secondary, go to http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157979 and look at G&W's bad matchups. Then pick a character who is good against those bad matchups...MK works, but don't use him since he's gay.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I flat out main G&W. I don't have any serious secondaries, but I've made it a point to be proficient with at least half the cast. Mario deserves the most mention as I seem to keep picking him in friendlies after a few matches with G&W.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
For the time being, I use Olimar. G&W owns the air, and Oli owns the ground. There is also the fact that he can out camp anyone except a good Diddy maybe, and the insane grabs. He has the obvious glaring weakness to work around though; recovery.
I've been working on Ice Climbers for some time now, but getting down their chain grabs takes a lot of serious practice and controlling both Nana and Popo has a high learning curve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKj6XuM0XrQ
If you haven't seen any of Fly Amanita's vids, seriously check them out. Towards the end here he rips out the fastest Bthrow CG I have seen.
Until my Ice Climbers are ready I'm sticking to Olimar and G&W as my go to guys.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I secondary IC's/Falco/Diddy/ and now MK effectivly, though I can play about 15 other characters tournament level as well, I just enjoy those the most :).

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Secondary: Lucas and Wolf

I was a Samus main back in the days of Melee so I use Lucas for the projectile effect to settle some of those old urges and Wolf just because I wanted to play him since I found out he was in Brawl.

JST

Smash Apprentice
I consider myself to be a 'main' 3 characters: Falco, D3, and G&W, since I switch up between them often, regardless of who I face. I guess my 'secondary' is G&W, since I don't use him nearly as much as the other two and I tend to only use him in my most feared match-ups (Falco and Ice Climbers). I also like using DK and Snake for the lulz.

Tero.

Smash Champion
MK and Marth.
Lucas aswell sometimes ... (LT tournaments)

i might pick up DDD

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
G&W = Main.
Ice Climbers + Olimar = Tied for 2nd.
R.O.B. + Wolf = Tied for 3rd.
Yoshi = 4th / In Training.
Move up Yoshi to my 3rd most used character and take Wolf out and you have my character usage.

The Ice Climbers have been easily the toughest to get anywhere with but the very first time I succeeded in chaining my opponent with back to back Bthrows into an USmash from Nana... One of the single greatest moments in my Smash life.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
Currently I main G&W and second Falco. I suppose I also second Lucas and even Ness, but I have yet to use Ness in a tournament and have only used Lucas in tournaments sparingly. The latter two haven't been used much as of late, but are there if I need them.

kldtjiog

Smash Rookie
ROB is my secondary
he's a good marth and snake counter both of which G&W has some trouble with.

Top Bottom