• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whos your least favorite matchup with Marth?

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
Just a random question to throw out there and see how all us Marth main's differ. Personally, I hate Ganon and Fox. I mainly hate fighting Ganon the most though. Once you get hit its all over and its hard to approach him. I hate fox because well... Fox is gay... Sorry if this thread has been out before but pure curiosity, which character do you hate fighting the most and why?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I really hate Ganon as well. I'm also not liking Sheik and Falcon, though I'm working on my Falcon MU. My favourites are Fox, falco, marth dittos, peach and jigglypuff (lolwut amirite)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
My least favorite Match-up has gotta be Puff. Any Puff even a scrub Puff. Mainly because you have nothing consecutive you can do to her past really lo percents. So without Combo's or Chains or tech chases it's just a dull Match-up.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I really hate playing against falcon. He is so fast and runs away forever. You can never catch him, and he is always threatening your zone even from the other side of the stage. Sometimes i think the only viable strategy is to hope you get the first hit and then plank for 8 minutes.

OverLord

Smash Ace
mmh.. I don't know..

Personally there aren't MU that I can say I dont' like, it's more that I don't like playing lame people.

I like to play against persons that use brain and do mindgames, I really hate playing against someone that's playing blindly and don't care about throwing moves randomly... lot of people play like these.. ç__ç

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I decided not to play Marth vs Peach. It's more fun to play her with Falco or Sheik.

Against good campy Falcon's the Match can be rather gay. I could just wait and DD but I usually get tired of waiting and throw out some double Fairs and eat a Knee.

MT_

Smash Ace
I hate playing Marth dittos because the first hits become so **** important in terms of stage positioning. You take one hit or get grabbed and then you're going to be put in the ****tiest position ever lol.

Also hate playing against Falcon for the same reasons that Sveet said. He can threaten your zone from everywhere, and I hate his nair approach so much haha. And of course I hate Sheik also... one mishap in spacing and you get combo'd 40% or killed.

I do love playing against spacies, Jiggs, and Peach though. Yum.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I hate playing Marth dittos because the first hits become so **** important in terms of stage positioning. You take one hit or get grabbed and then you're going to be put in the ****tiest position ever lol.

Also hate playing against Falcon for the same reasons that Sveet said. He can threaten your zone from everywhere, and I hate his nair approach so much haha. And of course I hate Sheik also... one mishap in spacing and you get combo'd 40% or killed.

I do love playing against spacies, Jiggs, and Peach though. Yum.
Finally someone else who enjoys Puff.

booshk

Smash Lord
in order of greatest hate to least

ganon, falcon, sheik, peach

yeap

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
Ganon, it's almost impossible to outspace him the entire match, just like puff kinda, and he hits/punishes really hard, you're dead if you are above him and you got very little options when you're in your shield.
He edgegaurds marth really easy, and it's hard to edgegaurd him back =(

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Marths fine vs Ganon...until you get stomped or Fair'd.....it hurts....so much...T_T

As for Marth Ditto's it's currently my worse Match-up out of all the characters on the roster. When someone else picks Marth after I've picked him it's like...****!

Dart!

Smash Master
Sheik and Zelda
Peach and Doc
Samus
Puff
Ganon
Pikachu
Link
Luigi
DK
Marth
ICs

I love Falcon Fox Falco and all the other ****ty characters

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
I like fighting Jiggs and Peach, those are my favorite matchups. I hate fighting Fox he just nairs from halfway across the screen and you get hit and then combod to hell.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
i hate falco when using marth. lasers are really good and he can combo marth really well. he is a spacie tho so once you get that hit its all textbook

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I dislike playing against falco, but i think my worst matchup is fox...
idk how M2k does it...
he makes the Marth/Fox matchup look 90:10

favorite matchups are dittos and peach :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
dont be afraid of fox's dash dance. m2k is really good at just standing right next to people who are dash dance camping him and baiting them.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm surprised a few said peach.

I looooooooooove marth vs peach xDDD

I don't like fighting uhhh

Puff and maybe like Luigi or a weird character.

I don't really know.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
What?! Ganon's too slow to keep up with Marth. Doesn't Marth have the same attack range as Ganon?
And then Marth has wayy more attack and running speed. Marth has amazing edgeguarding and and great dash dance. What move does Ganon even have to outrange Marth?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie... I don't have a least favorite matchup with marth...

I mean... it's marth; he's so good, what's not to like? =D

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i hate playing doc, peach, jiggs, and sheik when i dont feel like thinking. when im thinking and playing well i LOVE those matchups lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
techincal Fox's are a struggle but if you play like a *** it gets easier. I have to change my state of mind in order to fight fox though. It's like charming a snake. You have to be willing to stick your nose in dangerous territory all the time but be ready to move out of danger when he Fox makes a move. After you get use to that it's easier to play.

Falco's almost strictly laser problems. If you don't avoid, counter, or shield/shield-reflect his lasers extremely well he's gonna be a HUGE pain in the ***. If you have a friend with good laser game just play him on infinite time and just practice your anti-laser game until it gets easier.

Idk...I find Fox and Falco difficult but at the same time I always feel like I'm gonna beat them lol. Gimping them is so easy it's ********.

As for my least favorite to play it's gotta be Sheiks. Good sheiks are difficult to beat but you can do it if you play smart. Gay sheiks on the other hand are an entirely different animal. If a sheik is playing like a ****ing ****** there isn't alot you can do except wait. It's my least favorite for that reason.

Aside from that I've struggled at times against Peach's or Puff's but it's mainly do to myself and the fact that I get bored using Marth against characters I can't **** with consecutive hits:laugh:

TREEZY DA KID

Smash Rookie
mmh.. I don't know..

Personally there aren't MU that I can say I dont' like, it's more that I don't like playing lame people.

I like to play against persons that use brain and do mindgames, I really hate playing against someone that's playing blindly and don't care about throwing moves randomly... lot of people play like these.. ç__ç
I can agree with you 100 percent. just the other day i played I guy who mostly ran from me. He wasn't even thinking about what he was doing noob

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Using Marth I actually love fighting people who run straight at me without thinking. Just toss them off and kill them. It's like bullfighting. What I don't like is someone that runs away from me while thinking. It's bull****.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
if your having trouble with falcons nair, you're doing it wrong.

just saying.

this isnt me spewing "falcon sucks" ****, but seriously. falcon....approaching....problem? you should be licking your lips.

Dart!

Smash Master
if your having trouble with falcons nair, you're doing it wrong.

just saying.

this isnt me spewing "falcon sucks" ****, but seriously. falcon....approaching....problem? you should be licking your lips.
Falcon has certain spaced approaches that are effective, this is all in game and not on paper though so its a mindgame. i mean, once falcon gets that hit/grab it should be over. same can be said for marth...but due to lack of go to just straight **** you off of the stage move (falcons knee?) its harder for him if the falcon is of equal skill

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Falcon can't 0-death marth from a grab. If falcon ever nairs, just SDI the first hit upwards: voila, no combo.

If you're getting 0-deathed simply from grab u-air and knee, then you're DI'ing wrong =]

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Falcon can't 0-death marth from a grab. If falcon ever nairs, just SDI the first hit upwards: voila, no combo.

If you're getting 0-deathed simply from grab u-air and knee, then you're DI'ing wrong =]
Agreed. I learned this ******* around vs a friends Marf. We often Mirror match. Meaning I'll play Falcon vs Marth then I'll switch. Anyways I just decided I'd SDI Up to escape combos and It worked. So moral of this story is...**** around in friendlies and try new things instead of doing the same stuff and getting *****:chuckle:

Dart!

Smash Master

play darkrain, you'll learn. its not simply grab uair knee.

falcon ain't that good

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
i love/hate the fox matchup depending on how much they abuse up throw -> uair

my least favorites are probably...ganon and dittos. ganon is just too unpredictable. i can't count how many times my friend used down b randomly and i go flying off the screen. dittos are just gay because as a marth main, i'm used to controlling the space around me. I don't like it when theyhave the same advantage

theres also luigi who's gay to play no mattter what char.

Top Bottom