• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Who's gonna win MLG Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.AC.

Smash Lord
Best player in Mexico is TKD, second best would be Waymas, but its hard to compare them since TKD actually travels to the US and fights strong players, Waymas on the other hand does not travel and only plays well known players online(which we all know is a joke),
why would waymas be second best when there are people in tj who have wayyy higher accomplishments?

90% is the highest i'll go.

And yeah thats some hard riding.
meaning 100 out of every 1000 people would be able to beat him, i think even you are better than that.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
there is a lot wrong with what's bigger. it shows extreme ignorance about stages and this game.

name search SUSA
I don't name search. >.< I just read everywhere...

Anyways....TKD may have his opinion on the stage list, and not realize how important stage gimmicks actually are to gameplay. (Hey nubs, learn the stage nub. :awesome: The criteria of "it takes away from player skill" can actually be said largely about static stages... seeing as they remove the "I'm actually good on stages" skill...)

But he doesn't ignore the stages, and he def. knows how to play on them. He's also a ****ing great player, and I'm sure although he holds the opinion that static=epic win he spends time theorizing and possibly even practicing on a wide variety of stages.

:nifty::leek:

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
why would waymas be second best when there are people in tj who have wayyy higher accomplishments?
hm... good point, im actually not familiar with any players from TJ at all save for TKD(he is TJ right? lol), im only goin off of what ive heard from a lot of mexican players.

.AC.

Smash Lord
mexican players are waaaay too biased, although to be fair i have heard that only from the not-so-notable players, anyways is not like they consider tj part of mexico.

i also heard some east coast random went to a mexican tourney and won beating some notable players.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
TKD easily in the top 98% of players. Going off the Ranking thread which lists the top 2% of ranked players, I think it's safe to say he's in there lol

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yeah, but i think people not in the same tier as TKD can take him out.

That's why i say 90%

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
1. Dojo
2. Gnes
3. Espy
4. Razer
5. UTDzac
5.5 Dphat
6. Trela
7. Shlike
8. Jerm
9. Broly
10. Me

Quote me on that, *****es.

Tesh

Smash Hero
One example off the top of my head is Junebug.

And Will might even beat him.
With M2K out of the running, TKD is going to step up as the new 3 letter national champion and show all of you how viable Fox Metaknight is as high level play.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Why Junebug or Will?
No DK's or Lucario's on their level on the WC.

DIP

EDIT : That's why TKD was creeping on Me vs Will on youtube, from KTAR.

I seen his comment on the video

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
TKD is actually really good against Lucario. It's among his better match-ups. And DK is just free.

:059:

Excellence

Smash Champion
I love how the absence of the two players most likely to win makes everyone feel like they have a shot, even though they don't. Really, certain people are just going to move up somewhere between 0 and 4 spots with them gone. RichBrown, Ally, Anti, DEHF, UltimateRazer, MikeHaze or ESAM have a shot.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
TKD as well as Anti is in the top 98 or even 99 percent of players. Evidence HEAVILY suggests that even if TKD might lose to Will or Junebug in a head to head MU, he is better than both of them, and has greater accomplishments (kinda, Junebug did just beat Larry)

Also, you are unlikely to be able to find 10 out of 1000 players that can produce for me the results of TKD, and consistently defeat him.

EDIT: Uh, Excellence

A LOT OF PEOPLE ALREADY HAD A SHOT, but for most people (virtually all MKs) M2k and ADHD were auto-lose. This makes things way more easier for the MKs, and a whole bunch of people all together. Those players you listed are many of the best, but there are PLENTY of players who can defeat any of them, and it all depends on bracket. Obviously, the ones sitting in Championship Bracket have a huge advantage already, but it's anyone's game.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
TKD as well as Anti is in the top 98 or even 99 percent of players. Evidence HEAVILY suggests that even if TKD might lose to Will or Junebug in a head to head MU, he is better than both of them, and has greater accomplishments (kinda, Junebug did just beat Larry)

Also, you are unlikely to be able to find 10 out of 1000 players that can produce for me the results of TKD, and consistently defeat him.

EDIT: Uh, Excellence

A LOT OF PEOPLE ALREADY HAD A SHOT, but for most people (virtually all MKs) M2k and ADHD were auto-lose. This makes things way more easier for the MKs, and a whole bunch of people all together. Those players you listed are many of the best, but there are PLENTY of players who can defeat any of them, and it all depends on bracket. Obviously, the ones sitting in Championship Bracket have a huge advantage already, but it's anyone's game.

well said :oneeye:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
will is not going, I'll be the best DK that is going

Variable

Smash Ace
We should all wear "Team TKD" shirts. How **** would it be if fox won mlg?

I'm rooting for TKD, but if he gets out then I wanna see MikeHAZE win. I love watching them play...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Top 8 on the circuit get seeded into the final 16 man bracket. Everyone else is in an open bracket, where the Top 8 from there move on and fill the rest of the spots of the final bracket.

Ally, DEHF, Lee Martin, etc go straight to the end.

Whoever places well in the top 8 of the first bracket like Bassem, Gnes, Pierce, etc they would get the other spots in the last bracket.

The last bracket is all that matters for getting paid. If you start off in the open bracket, you have to place Top 8 there and THEN top 8 again.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wait Im still working this out in my head cuz math fried my brain (john), but does that mean top 8 from the actual bracket (at this particular event) can participate in the champ bracket ?

And the actual bracket at this event is what we're playing it off for the 12,500 top prize (and so on), where the champ bracket doesn't effect that?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The Pro Bracket is the one that matters.
The top 8 seeded are already in the bracket.
Everybody else starts in the amateur bracket.
The top 8 from that (4 in winners, 4 in losers) are put into the pro bracket.
From there, you play for the money.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
God, so top 8 face the "top 8" from the amateur bracket after the actual tournament is done?

Do the top 8 play in the amateur bracket at all? Sorry for these stupid questions.

And also, if the champ bracket is where the money is at, does that mean NOONE that places top 8 in the AMATEUR bracket gets ANY money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom