• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would YOU have added, if you were Sakurai?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Personally, I always thought Alph was better fit as a costume. After all, the interesting part of the moveset revolves around the Pikmin rather than the Captain. Kind of like how the interesting part of Bowser Jr.’s moveset is the koopa clown car, rather than the car’s pilot (as much as I wish Bowser Jr. fought on foot).

If it were up to me, we should just have Alph, Brittany, Charlie, Louie and the President all as costumes. As a big Pikmin fan, this would be more than enough for me.

Interesting. I hardly ever see Mortal Kombat suggested, apart from Maximillian’s far reaching E3 theory lol. But as a big MK fan, I would be super down for this. MK really is incredibly iconic to fighting games, and is usually pegged alongside Street Fighter as one of the iconic fathers of 2D fighters. Having a Scorpion/Sub-Zero vs. Ryu/Ken finally happen would be incredible.
Absolutely. I think it's a completely underrated pick. If Smash can put someone as Rated-M as Bayonetta in the game, we can definitely put MK in there. I think Sub Zero is easier to make work though since there's less implied gore when utilizing the ice attacks. Plus, again, ice is underutilized in Smash Bros

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if i had to add characters to the roster

71 sub zero
e72 scorpion
72 paper mario with partners
73 Heihachi
74 Blaziken
75 krookadile

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
This topic is bleh overall, basically people taking out someone they are salty over and cramming their favorites in and trying to justify it as "better" for everyone when it's just self centered fan service.

:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultken::ultinkling: all make sense as character additions. :ultpiranha: was a much needed palette cleanser, so they stay, too.

Replace :ultkrool:'s Down-B. I'd drop him outright, but that means no King K. Rool reveal trailer, and that just ain't right tbh.
Drop :ultchrom:, Add Linkle (Link Echo).
Drop :ultincineroar:, Add Gardevoir.

Boom. 5/7 perfect roster.
Linkle? We'd now have 4 Links? That's good?!? Some fan favorite FE lord that got publicly shamed gets left out for some half baked spin off gender bend? What would Gardevoir bring to the game more than Incineroar? She'd be more likely to be a semi-clone of Mewtwo than some unique wrestling grappler. This game also boasts about facial expressions, animations, and character, Gardevoir is pretty flat in character even if she's cool.

Remove Incineroar for Elma
Remove Richter for Ninten
Remove Ken for Dixie Kong

also would consider daisy & chrom being removed for other echos like impa, an independent alph, etc. but still kind of on the fence of what exactly I would do there
We removed a Castlevania icon for... a 3rd Ness? The kid who looks like the beta drawing of Ness?

Honestly? Not much. I'm quite happy with the roster, but if I were to make one little change... Me being the Fire Emblem fanatic I am, I'd add Anna. She's kinda like the jack of all trades of the series since she's been shown to have expertise in different kind of weapons in her many appearances, so she wouldn't be just another sword user. 8 Fire Emblem characters may be a bit too much, but I say she deserves a spot.

I'd also add Dixie Kong, and maybe Maxwell from Scribblenauts as an "obscure" fighter. Granted, he's much more well-suited as an Assist Trophy, but I still think he'd be an interesting choice.
You didn't remove anyone for these picks. Which I can applaud in ways, but it also defeats the purpose of the thread.

I would replace :ultisabelle: with Dixie Kong, since she would likely use assets of :ultdiddy: and :ultdk: the way :ultisabelle: does with :ultvillager:.

I would replace :ultincineroar: with Banjo/Kazooie, If Nintendo doesn't want to licence them, then I choose Whispy Woods.

I would replace :ultken: with Funky Kong.

:ultchrom: with :ultisabelle: as an echo of :ultvillager:.
I would replace :ultrichter: with Alph, since its weird that he is still an echo. That would leave only Bowser Jr. as the only character with alt characters as costumes which is alright since your really just playing as the clown car.
You're giving Donkey Kong 3 newcomers? That's a bit bloated.

Alph (as a Pikmin lover mind you) sadly won't offer much different from Olimar that Richter could with Simon. Olimar and Alph are a lot closer in design and aesthetic than Simon and Richter. I do want Pikmin to get more, but Richter deserves his spot.

Banjo-Kazooie, Black Shadow, Elma, Leon Powalski, Medusa and Nightmare (Soulcalibur).

Also Isaac for the Isaac fans. They did not deserve to be screwed once again.
Isaac fans didn't get screwed over. Their pick was always a low chance type of character. More popular in the west, dead series, and visually it didn't offer someone different from the cast as we have plenty of blond swordsmen. Yes I know move set wise he could be cool and personally support him in that way, but he never really was Nintendo's next big boy in line. That was always blown out of proportion and exaggerated. It's mostly nostalgia and hive mind spreading. The character is fine and root for him all you/I/they want... but he really is a small fry in the grand scheme.

Remove Incineroar (ideally from existence and my memory), add Skull Kid

Piranha Plant for Bandana Dee

Richter for Impa

Ken for for Dixie
Skull Kid is no better than Ghirahim or Midna. While I'd prefer any of them over more Links and Zeldas, the Pokemon rep will always overshadow some minor LoZ one/two off character.

Keep :ultsimon::ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultdaisy::ultrichter:

Replace :ultincineroar: with Golisopod

Replace :ultchrom: With Zoroark as a Lucario Echo (remove Aura mechanic, change animation of Down B but keep it a counter, Change Side B, make any aura gfx dark gfx)

Replace :ultpiranha: With Elma or Rex & Pyra, would be fun to have the costume reveal and then bring eveyone's spirits up with a full fighter.

Replace :ultisabelle: With Ninten as a Semiclone of Ness, new specials, mostly the same tilts and aerials

Replace :ultdarksamus: with :ultisabelle:, An echo with the same attacks but entirely unique animations.

Replace :ultken: with Protoman.
So Isabelle loses her uniqueness to the beta looking Ness for a 3rd Ness? One from a huge, ongoing series with only 1 rep against a small, finished series with 2 reps. Nope.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Isaac fans didn't get screwed over. Their pick was always a low chance type of character. More popular in the west, dead series, and visually it didn't offer someone different from the cast as we have plenty of blond swordsmen. Yes I know move set wise he could be cool and personally support him in that way, but he never really was Nintendo's next big boy in line. That was always blown out of proportion and exaggerated. It's mostly nostalgia and hive mind spreading. The character is fine and root for him all you/I/they want... but he really is a small fry in the grand scheme.
He might be from a dead franchise but there's no denying he was just as requested as K. Rool and Ridley and just as long. I still don't think its fair that me and the K. Rool fans got our boi and they didn't. I really do wish he had made it just for them.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
He might be from a dead franchise but there's no denying he was just as requested as K. Rool and Ridley and just as long. I still don't think its fair that me and the K. Rool fans got our boi and they didn't. I really do wish he had made it just for them.
There is room to deny it. He's popular around here for sure. But all we see is a bunch of polls created on online sites that have a couple hundred (or less) devoted people circling each other and agreeing he or someone else is the best pick ever and sharing the polls to other fans of the series or even multi-voting. And this isn't a good representation of the entire ballot in the slightest as most casuals or people who don't dive into the hive mind of speculation don't even know who Geno or Isaac are.

Doesn't mean they aren't popular on boards or bad additions. It just means they are small fish in the pond, there is a still a chance... but nobody should think of them as the next trophy.

No fan groups really deserves disappointed unless it's an anti-fandom not wanting certain characters. There will always be disappointment, when people fool themselves into thinking someone is a "lock" cause reasons they see and justify... it just ends bad.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
:ultinkling:- Stays
:ultdaisy:- Stays
:ultridley:- Stays
:ultsimon:- Stays
:ultrichter:- Has been more popular than Simon since his reveal. Maybe he could be an alternate costume but I'd rather not remove him.
:ultchrom:- Replace with Alph becoming Olimar's echo. We don't need a 4th Marth.
:ultdarksamus:- Stays
:ultkrool:- Stays
:ultisabelle:- Stays, but maybe as an echo fighter. The fact that an echo like Ken has more variety than her is sad.
:ultincineroar:- 50-50 on this guy. If he was replaced with another SuMo character I wouldn't mind. I never liked this guy but he looks fun.
:ultken:- Stays, he is the original echo fighter.
:ultpiranha:- replace with Goku from Yuyuki. This would be a better WTF/troll character. The name alone sells it.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This topic is bleh overall, basically people taking out someone they are salty over and cramming their favorites in and trying to justify it as "better" for everyone when it's just self centered fan service.
People are allowed to express their opinions on the roster and, given its on topic, provide for alternatives to it. Likewise, you are allowed to express your opinions on thier ideas; regardless if they are positive or negative. However, this all ok as long as it’s done in a respective and constructive matter that is both on-topic and productive to conversation. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please PM me instead of replying here.

To everyone in the thread, please remember to report and then ignore instead of replying. The staff will review the situation and react accordingly.

Last edited:

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
Well, I mean, this is smash after all.
It's kind of "Fanservice" the video game.

Going back in if I was Sakurai, along with Lip from panel de pon (he's always wanted her in). Make her smaller than Olimar, it'd be great. Plant and flower growth moves, health draining would be lovely, downy dandy lion puffs to help her recover, she could use them as platforms to jump from as her downward aerial since they'd linger and float up for a moment before gently floating back down, so much fun potential with making things grow to control the stage similarly to villager, creating ladders with flowers stems so that we can all see those wonderful ladder attacks that no one will ever notice in this game when it comes out because ladders only exist in two out of 103 stages. A character that can make platforms out of floating downy and from sprouting flowers makes for a janky wonderful hell of a mess {3

I'd scrap Ganondorf entirely and rework him as Ganondorf the badass wizard who also likes punching things with Magic! and has a move that lets him transform into Ganon a badass blue pig wizard...w-with a trident! It's pointy. Floating, menacingly...like an evil balloon (not jigglypuff), using energy based dark magic...maybe even having an unnecessary but disgustingly cool edgy manic move shift that lets him be the dark thief and gets stab happy with dual scimitars, three transformations that alter his properties and movesets entirely??? Off the wall, extra and completely ridiculous, you say? Well la dee da, pardon me, I thought we were on smashboards in a 'what if' thread. I guess you're all too highbrow for lowly me and my kooky stupid ideas. Sorry, the Prince of the Gerudo King of the Sand Amazons, makes me want all of him to be represented in the game...all. of. him. As convoluted as it would be and it is, I'd want it... 'but this isn't about what you want', well excuse me!
I thought I was Sakurai in this what if scenario, I call the shots (well nintendo does but still). If a piranha plant is in the game (fyi, it's pretty much a retro rep too) then nothing should be questionable (granted the plant is easier to animate than an actual character with actual limbs and it really did stretch those creative juices for the team I am sure).

I'd Cut the Fire Emblem cast down entirely back to just Marth and Ike, add Lucina/roy/chrom as alts with their voices and hit effects in tact for Marth and then Hector alt for Ike (complete with voice). Put back in Corrin and really sell the dragon aspect more with a transformation (with a timer and cool down on it so it isn't so op). Add back in Reflet as a complete magus without the levin sword and make the tome mechanic more akin to Shulks Manado arts style of gameplay. Shift between spells that way you can see how much more points you have between each spell without having to clutter up the bottom of the Character icon, add magic based moves entirely unrelated to what they can do in FE to fit plenty of situations. Healing/buffing themselves or an ally, damage/ status effects like freezing or paralyzing opponents with ice and thunder spells, wind being more than just a form of recovery and utilizing it defensively as a reflector. Put Lyn in the game as her quickdraw style would be something pretty interesting but let her utilize her longbow, essentially making her some kind of weird genderbent link x marth lovechild... I'm not making sense here, ignore me FE fans... I just added in 2 more FE reps while simultaneously keeping everyone else by making them echos since they're all practically the same people (totally not a generalizing and ignorant statement)...

Go all out and combine Mario and Luigi ala iceclimbers. They're now the Super Mario Brothers! Putting in all the stops you're allowed to control both of them at once by utilizing their combat and combos from the Super Star Saga, take things a step further with a tagging mechanic that allows you to fully control one over the other and you essentially play them as if they were never together in the first place. Tag in your bro and swap from Mario to Luigi on the fly. One Brother stays far back in the Z axis while you control the other, following you like pokemon trainer but coming out for combination attacks and assists. You can see your Bros Damage percent in a second icon above the current leading bro. Have them both in at the same time to bring in the Hammer shenanigans and show off the hilariously animated mustachioed dandies of the mushroom kingdom in all of their glory (complete with red and white striped socked luigi). Jank, jank and more jank, all jank is welcome~{3

Why stop there? More insanity? Let's do it! Make Kirby Hats as generic as possible by making them tied to elements and weapons types. Make them his iconic hats. Different inhaled item/ enemy will give you a staple hat from his franchise. Then give each staple hat an entire moveset (kirby superstar ultra style) to entice players to go for an actual copy play for spicing up gameplay. You have standard SMASH kirby, but also Fire kirby (fireball x fire), Sword kirby (sword x cutter), Beam kirby (beam x laser), Ice kirby (Freeze x ice), Spark kirby (spark x plasma), Bomb kirby, Ninja kirby (it's freaking ninja kirby), Fighter kirby (fighter x suplex x throw x backdrop I mean he'd just have his normal grabs but making them do more damage and bury his opponents into the ground for the down throw suplex is just :bluejump:), this list can go on but I think the idea has gotten across?? For an added bit of fun his classic Hiiii~ taunt can summon a random kirby enemy (non aggressive, they just stand there and walk around in the Z axis and only interact with Kirby's inhale special.

The "everyone is Here" Claim is too good to pass up, but in order to fully realize the roster I'd take another two years (6 years instead of 3 and a half) to make sure that I got over my stigma of the internet ruining the best part of a story campaign and create a new story mode. World of Light is an awesome idea but how the worlds collided in the first place would also be an interesting tale...though i'm sure that's hinted at in the current story for ultimate.

I myself wouldn't have called it the world of light... something far more edgy and 90'sish needs to represent it...hmm... Super Smash Brothers War of Dreams seems stupid enough. Basically take subspace (which is just Kirby Superstars level design mixed with Kirby 64's story) and just run with it. Go crazy, Make the world of smash a world created by the linking of peoples imaginations (developers) a dream world or hub where those characters all exist. But that's at the deepest level. At it's surface it's a dream world where all of the characters meet in their dreams. Dream Land is at the center and only exists in that plane. The entire kirby franchise is now just a dream and the cosmos surrounding that universe is every other game franchises universes existing just beyond the scope of reality (for them). Shoehorn in my third party character choice that fits the theme Klonoa and we have a nice story about the dream traveler connecting all the franchises worlds by traveling between them but Dark Matter in Dream Land just got his ass handed to him by Kirby, Ribbon and the crystal rod after becoming Zero 2. He escapes while dark matter just oozes everywhere slipping between worlds and infecting characters worlds with a new larger scale invasion. Screw Dream Land, let's try somewhere else, is all that I can say to best describe the mindset. So party up, travel the stars and meet new friends and rivals as you save the collective universes from Dark Matter by meeting where all Dreams collide, in the sea of dreams Klonoa's territory. While Traveling the Stars, you may even get help from the star spirits themselves (Geno anyone?), not to mention the gods (Palutena and Pit/ dark pit as an alt with a different voice), The Mother of the Lumas would like a word with Dark Matter for messing things up (Rosalina)... I could go on with this bad fanfiction but you can see where I was going with it. It's predictable. Almost classic Mario plot line predictable, but would it be fun? Would you play that? Would you pay to see a movie like that with those characters all together fighting a common foe for the survival of existence as they know it? It all chimes down to being dreams of Mii's anyway. Did I mention those mii's look like ordinary jobbers? You might pick out some familiar faces like Miyamoto, Sakurai and Iwata as the credits and Smiles and Tears music plays in the background. Cheesy? Over the top and extra, you say? You knew what this was e-e

Back to characters since I was just shoehorning in a story mode scenario to announce Geno and Klonoa as newcomers with it anyway.
Did I mention that I wouldn't announce any newcomers at all past "everyone is here"? They'd be seen and found out in the story mode exclusively and as "unpopular" as "forcing" players to do things to get things may be, screw you guys I'm sakurai (in this instance). A piranha plant is in smash brothers, there are no rules now. You'll like what I do regardless of what I give you because everything I touch turns into gold! No one would ever want a plant in smash, yet now no one can knock the idea. It took little development time and is its own full fledged character bursting with personality and creativity. Even I'd do that again if I was Sakurai. Piranha plant is a perfect shock to the "system" of expectations that players have eluded themselves into believing just because it just so happened to seem that way for so long.

Is there more? Of course there is! But I'm tired of typing my inner most private unrealistic expectations of a series that I love more than I love... well....use your imaginations (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

Toodles~

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Replace every newcomer on the roster except :ultpiranha:

:ultdaisy: is replaced with Pink Gold Peach
:ultisabelle: is replaced with Blanca
:ultkrool: is replaced with Kiddy Kong
:ultridley: is replaced with Adam Malkovich
:ultinkling: is replaced with Pearl
:ultken: is replaced with Dan
:ultincineroar: is replaced with Jynx
:ultdarksamus: is replaced with Federation Force soldier
:ultchrom: is replaced with Camilla
:ultsimon: is replaced with Bubsy the Bobcat
:ultrichter: is replaced with Leisure Suit Larry

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Fire Emblem went up 3 newcomers last game, and now has 7, so adding 3 from my favorite Nintendo franchise for a total of 5 is not bloated.
Not to mention while Fire Emblem is older than DKC (not DK franchise as a whole including the arcade games). DKC sells MUCH better than Fire Emblem does (and probably ever will). The fact that the DK franchise can only get one newcomer every other smash game is a bit ridiculous considering it's Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise and has a stable of recurring characters that have moveset potential. No I'm not saying add every single Kong family member. In fact even as a HUGE DK fan I think the roster would be perfect with just DK, Diddy, Dixie, and Rool. Cranky would be a nice bonus WTF Retro character (he is the original arcade DK afterall).

Dan

Smash Lord
My personal desires are different than if I was making a game for the masses; if I was making a game for the masses, I too would have to be boring like Sakurai, but when I complain on Smashboards, I'm talking about what I want.

If I'm actually Sakurai, the worst thing about his roster is the plant, so I'd put Captain Toad (who I assumed to be the most likely character after Inkling) in its place. He would promote a new and active IP and look as weird as Piranha Plant (weirdness is the one thing it has going for it). Next would be Dixie for Isabelle as she would fit the hybrid-Echo thing perfectly with Diddy, and finally, Shadow for Richter; fan favorites still would've been left out, but just those changes alone would've made the roster a whole lot less controversial, imo.

There's too many behind-the-scenes factors when Sakurai makes the roster (like promoting new games, assumed input from Nintendo, etc.), but I think what I stated is fair without over-indulging on my favorites (Geno, Banjo, etc.).

I would potentially main this.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos

Oh my god, this is actually horrib--

oh...

on second thought, this might actually somehow be worth all the other inclusions.

All Hail Me

Sarge
I am still happy and excited about the roster. But the only change I would make is swap :ultincineroar: for skull kid. The legend of Zelda deserves more representation in my opinion.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Keep:
:ultinkling::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultken::ultincineroar:

Newcomers that would not have been added:
:ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultisabelle:

Echo replacements:
Octoling for :ultdaisy:
Masked Dedede for :ultrichter:
Dark Meta Knight for :ultchrom:

Fighter replacements:
Bandana Waddle Dee for :ultsimon:
Magolor for :ultisabelle:

Character downsizing:
:ultdoc: becomes an echo of :ultmario:
:ultyounglink: becomes an echo of :ulttoonlink:
:ultpichu: becomes and echo of :ultpikachu:
:ultroy: becomes an echo of :ultmarth:
:ultlucina: becomes and alternate costume of :ultmarth:
:ultzss: switches with :ultsamus: using Shield + B
:ultsheik: switches with :ultzelda: using Shield + B

Additional newcomers:
Marx
Adeline and Ribbon
Hilda - :ultzelda: echo
Lyn
Waluigi
Viridi
Black Shadow - :ultfalcon: echo
Ninten - :ultness: echo
Dixie Kong - :ultdiddy: echo
Slippy
Peppy

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416

Is it bad that I'd appreciate this to a degree?
I think I'd actually quite enjoy Jynx and Pearl.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Not reading that blue eye straining OP. Incineroar is excellent but Mimikyu was my first priority. Keep Ridley, Isabelle and K. Rool. Dixie Kong is extremely absent. I would have added Skull Kid over Pokémon Trainer.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If I were Sakurai I would have added who he added, as I would think and reason just like he would, what a silly question!

After reading most of these I'm glad you guys arent Sakurai tho, yikes!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Not to mention while Fire Emblem is older than DKC (not DK franchise as a whole including the arcade games). DKC sells MUCH better than Fire Emblem does (and probably ever will).
Well.. COMBINED Wii U and Switch sales of Tropical Freeze beat Awakening and Fates, but neither on their own, especially since I'm certain there was a lot of double dipping there. That's a hard thing to judge tbh. The great FE games on 3DS sold pretty dang well (Meaning Echoes didn't lol) and I wouldn't be surprised if Three Houses outsells DKCTF too. FE is getting a lot more popular than it's been before

But if you're comparing Radiant Dawn to DKCR, then yeah, absolutely crushed, but that's before Awakening revitalized the hell out of the series and attracted a bunch of newer fans

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would trade:

:ultchrom: for Medusa

:ultisabelle: for Isaac so Isaac fans can be happy

:ultincineroar: for Banjo & Kazooie

:ultpiranha: for Geno

As for DLC, I would add:

Dixie Kong
Shantae
Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Rayman

This lineup would please a lot of people and it would be the perfect roster for Smash period.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
If I were Sakurai I would have added who he added, as I would think and reason just like he would, what a silly question!

After reading most of these I'm glad you guys arent Sakurai tho, yikes!
O O F

Yeah, I mean you're right, but what characters they saif you dislike ?

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
A Goomba with a hat, Redead, Polar Bear, Zubat, Bandit (fire emblem), Metroid, Kremling, Poppy Bros jr., Salmonid, Slime, Crab meat and Moogle.

We're doing this with what we imagine as Sakurai's mindset right?

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
A Goomba with a hat, Redead, Polar Bear, Zubat, Bandit (fire emblem), Metroid, Kremling, Poppy Bros jr., Salmonid, Slime, Crab meat and Moogle.

What kind of Kremling though? Klaptrap? Kritter? Klump? Kasplat? Krusha? Kalypso? Kopter? Klubba? Skidda? Koin? Kip? Krunch? Kudgel? Kobble? Krash? Kracka? Krook? Kannon?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Metroid,

Yo off topic but I remember when I was a kid playing Melee, Comcast dude is in my room setting up the cable and he's like "Hey I play this game all the time. If you unlock all the trophies in the game, you'll unlock a Metroid to play as"

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Replace :ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultincineroar: with Zeratul from Starcraft, Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, and Eevee

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
This is my mindset if I was Sakurai...

Remove :ultinkling: and replace them with swaped colors (Blue Girl, Orange Boy, etc)
Remove :ultdaisy: and replace her with Daisy in a sports outfit
Remove :ultridley: and replace him with a more dark midnight purple color schemed version of himself.
Remove :ultsimon: and replace him with a redhead Simon Belmont
Remove :ultrichter: and replace him with a Richter in a different outfit.
Remove :ultdarksamus: and replace them with Dark Samus but has a glowing Phazon effect.
Remove :ultchrom: and replace him with Great Lord Chrom.
Remove :ultkrool: and replace him with Kaptain K Rool
Remove :ultisabelle: and replace her with Isabelle but with a Digby alternate color scheme with brown fur.
Remove :ultken: and replace him with Ken with slightly shorter hair.
Remove :ultincineroar: and replace them with Incineroar but with Masked Royal in the background like Pokemon Trainer.
Remove :ultpiranha: and replace them with piranha plants that have different colored stems for the different colors.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Replace :ultchrom: with Celica (I greatly respect you, Chrom, but we don’t need a 4th Marth with a poor man’s Ike’s recovery).
Replace :ultdaisy: with a Mae Echo for Celica (yes, I’m a masochist).

Everyone else can stay, but let me just add as an afterthought that :ultincineroar: not using a belt Flamethrower almost feels like a crime.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Okay I'll be serious this time around.

keep
:ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultken: the same...

Now first changes would be with echoes
First off Shadow as an echo for :ultsonic: but use chaos control for recovery and final smash plus add a stun to his neutral special and of course different animations for his attacks.
Make Black Shadow an echo for :ultfalcon: but let him work more like the previous Ganondorf. (note: also going to change :ultganondorf:'s B to be more similair to the custom move from smash 4 where he pulled out his sword with the warlock punch and change his tilt to use a sword as well. On top of that all sword attacks will have a reflect element)

Birdo echo for :ultyoshi:

still add :ultisabelle: but keep her as :ultvillager:'s echo

Add Banjo-Kazooie as a new fighter

Add Bomberman as a new fighter
Add Shantae but she'd take the place of :ultpiranha: and be the add on incentive to buy the DLC pack

So I'm getting rid of :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:

Also no AT's for Isaac, Waluigi, Shovel Knight or Krystal to keep in mind as candidates for DLC.
note: I'm sorry :ultsimon: fans... while I enjoy his inclusion in the game... I've never played Castlevania and wouldn't see myself adding any characters from that series in the base game if I was in charge. Also while :ultincineroar: would be my choice of pokemon to add... I feel like the series has enough fighters but would be put in consideration as DLC along with gen 8 pokemon the public hasn't seen yet.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
One thing I love about these kinds of threads is that people won't nuke you for not wanting their characters in the game. On other threads, it's a different story. "You don't want (X) in the game? (Proceeds to insult/report them and bash their most wanteds)."

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'll be serious this time around.

keep
:ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultken: the same...

Now first changes would be with echoes
First off Shadow as an echo for :ultsonic: but use chaos control for recovery and final smash plus add a stun to his neutral special and of course different animations for his attacks.
Make Black Shadow an echo for :ultfalcon: but let him work more like the previous Ganondorf. (note: also going to change :ultganondorf:'s B to be more similair to the custom move from smash 4 where he pulled out his sword with the warlock punch and change his tilt to use a sword as well. On top of that all sword attacks will have a reflect element)

Birdo echo for :ultyoshi:

still add :ultisabelle: but keep her as :ultvillager:'s echo

Add Banjo-Kazooie as a new fighter

Add Bomberman as a new fighter
Add Shantae but she'd take the place of :ultpiranha: and be the add on incentive to buy the DLC pack

So I'm getting rid of :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:

Also no AT's for Isaac, Waluigi, Shovel Knight or Krystal to keep in mind as candidates for DLC.
note: I'm sorry :ultsimon: fans... while I enjoy his inclusion in the game... I've never played Castlevania and wouldn't see myself adding any characters from that series in the base game if I was in charge. Also while :ultincineroar: would be my choice of pokemon to add... I feel like the series has enough fighters but would be put in consideration as DLC along with gen 8 pokemon the public hasn't seen yet.
I have a question : Why so many people here want :ultisabelle: to be a:ultvillager:'s echo ? You want echoes but when you have something that is more, you want it to be less. I don't get it !

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I have a question : Why so many people here want :ultisabelle: to be a:ultvillager:'s echo ? You want echoes but when you have something that is more, you want it to be less. I don't get it !
I was going at it assuming that we had no smash ultimate reveals (I know I had a list of "characters I'd get rid of" but think of it more as who I wouldn't add that Sakurai would have) and I was in the position of director. :ultisabelle: just strikes me as perfect echo material if we're making echos a thing. I'm in no way asking to downgrade her... its the direction that most people think she should have been taken in in the first place because a good chunk believe that she wouldn't be unique enough to warrant the time and effort to get in as her own fighter. Her being a semi-clone just reinforces that belief in some minds especially when we're getting a limited amount of new fighters.

That being said... I am looking forward to playing her, regardless. I also think she looks fun.:joyful:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Echoes only work if they can feasibly do all the moves and most importantly, have the same proportions. Isabelle does not have the same proportions. She was never a "perfect echo". She was a clone or more unique at best(she's a semi-clone, btw).

As for others; I admit I wanted Isaac over Shulk. I'd still like Isaac, though.

Anyway...

I'd probably have kept Link his normal self just with smaller updates. New Final Smash, new Boomerang design, but kept the Gale part. I felt he was fine with the TP moveset. The change feels unneeded.

Young Link would've stayed the same, but actually had a Fierce Deity Link Final Smash. Maybe make his designs closer to Majora's Mask too.

I'd definitely have added Tingle base roster.

For Isabelle, as much as I like the Fishing Rod, I felt she'd have been better using new items and none of the Player Character/NPC Villager equipment. Make her feel more unique that way.

Agumon or Nightmare as the Bamco next character easily. Agumon might work better due to how Nightmare's design emphasizes the 3D Battle field.

Daisy would have a different Final Smash, but I'd say she works fine otherwise.

Shadow would be an Echo too. With Chaos aesthetics, and his Final Smash being Orbital Laser. I don't feel Super Shadow is needed nor represents how strong he is. It's just an added bonus at this point. It doesn't show off anything more than a last minute battle in most cases. It was never an option to naturally go into like Super Sonic, where the Chaos abilities are way more iconic alone. As is him being far darker and willing to be more violent(whether vehicles, weapons, or willing to destroy a Hero if it means saving the world. He doesn't have as much of a moral compass as Sonic does by any means). That's what I feel makes him interesting.

I'd have added some more AT's. More returning ones from previous games(ignoring those already playable). Besides that, I wouldn't use that as an excuse that they can't become DLC alone. There's more than one model, and besides, if needed, they can be disabled while the character is playable.

Pokemon-wise, I feel Meowth would've been fun to bring in. Though I'd still love Genesect and Gardevoir at this point. That or Deoxys. It's hard choosing a really fun Gen III Pokemon right now(as there's more than one neat option).

Obviously I'd add Quest 64 content, but I'd make sure to renew the trademark for all the materials first. That or buy out the copyright if Imagineer doesn't want to easily license the assets.

Dan

Smash Lord
Too true. Some of these seem a bit....out of left field, even for Smash Bros.
Yeah, because Piranha Plant wasn't more out of left field than 90% of these characters, and half of these are meant to be a joke.

Top Bottom