• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who was your first main?

AceAttacker

Smash Cadet
N64: Probably Mario, but it was a long time ago so I don't really remember.
Melee: Roy.
Brawl: Wario -> Meta Knight -> Kirby

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Fox on 64, Marth on Melee (but I didn't play it till 08, so probly doesn't count), and....I think the first main I had for Brawl was Fox.

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
I was really kind of a "random" main for quite a while before retroactively discovering how much I liked Captain Falcon in all of the games.

As far as secondaries go...

64: Kirby and Luigi

Melee: Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Roy

Brawl: Bowser, King Dedede

urfat

Smash Cadet
64:kirby
melee:marth-->fox-->jigz(since I ditched marth for fox I have never been able to play with a decent marth)
brawl:wario-->olimar-->pokemanz-->jigz-->kirby-->>dk??
brawl has definitely been a journey lol

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
When I first got the game. And I saw the character list. I chose Metaknight. Because I thought he was so cool and no other girl would play someone like him. XP; But then I went to Pit for a bit but didn't like him so tried Zelda for like a week... but didn't like her.. Randomly chose Game and Watch and it was love at first site~! <3 So I play GnW now for over a year and it's been mm-azing~! I just started dual maining him with Olimar as well!

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
I chose Samus even before I knew who she was. I thought she was a dude, like all people at one point.

FirewaterDM

Smash Apprentice
eh, 64 it was Pikachu.
Melee- it was Pika, then I figured out how to use Peach... and eventually learned plenty of different chars, but Mario seems to be moving upwards with me... (there are others though, that I will never touch.)
Brawl...same- Pika first, Peach, then it's literally a crapshoot. lol

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
Melee: Link (of course) -> Mario -> Marth
Brawl: MK -> Ganon -> Snake

every1 loves Link at first, then they find out that he sucks in all the Smash games =(

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
64 ness

melee still ness

brawl ness/lucas

(yeah i pwn with the mother characters XD)

also i new samus was a chick ever since the 8 bit era ^^

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
64- Pikachu. I was four, liked Pokemon, and kept asking my six year-old guy friends how to "do the lightning bolt". They wouldn't tell me. D:
Melee- Pikachu. Lmfao, I sucked beyond words. I thought I was totally awesome at the game too... o3o
Brawl- Lucario
Though technically I played Pika first on Brawl, I'd hardly call him a main. I sorta second him now, though.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
SSB64: Didn't had a main back then. I just played all the characters.
SSBM: Started religiously playing Ness and some of Pichu(yeah, i main Pichu, wanna fight about it?)
SSBB: Ness, Sonic, and Falcon

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
Started in 64 with Link, then I moved to The Good Captain and Fox after I got a rom of it.
Old: Link
New: Captain Fabulous/Fox

In melee I tended to jump around alot but I generally stuck with Link, Young Link, a bit of Mew2, and Roy. Then I switched Roy with Marth after I found out about competitive play and I started using The Good Captain as well.
Old: Link, Young Link, Mewtwo, 0ur b0i Roy
New: Marth, Young Link, Captain Marvelous

When I first saw the cast of Brawl I was disappointed that Mewtwo didn't make it back or roy but at least I had a familiar: Marth. I generally used him because I was already familiar with him and his side B was a bit more usable to me. When I wasn't wanting to be Marth and try someone new I used Lucario and R.O.B. I also used Ganondorf as well when I just wasn't too caring on one of those 3. Then I started to try new people, I learned to use Yoshi (I actually learned pretty quickly) and Pit, as well as The Good Captain for the 3rd game in a row :)).
Old: Martha, Lucario, R.O.B, Ganon
New: Yoshi :), Marth, THE PIT -the spam, and Captain Falcon YESZ!!

Resolve

Smash Rookie
N64 was Fox, but I sucked back then:p
Melee: Falco after unlocking him=D ( first match I played with bowser thinking he was good )
Brawl: First Wolf, but my friends recently started nagging that he is overpowered ( I know I know ), Now I main with Toon Link

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Smash 64: Link then moved on to Mario.
Melee: Link then tried Fox.
Brawl: Link then went Sonic and then Ike but went back to Link.
Brawl+: Link, Sonic and Ike. Been thinkin bout Mario as of late. :ohwell:

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
In Melee, my first thought was: JESUS ****ING CHRIST LINK IS SO GOOD!
But then I unlocked Pichu. Pichu was my main for the longest time.
Now it's Ganon.

In Brawl, it was Sonic. I'm a HUGE Sonic fan.
But, then I found Kirby and stuck with him.
Picking up Jiggs, though.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
My first main was Pikachu but then I unlocked Jigglypuff and then Captain Falcon.

Derressh

Smash Cadet
I mained MK in Brawl when I first got it. Then switched Lucario when I finally unlocked him in the SSE. Played around with about 30 different main-switches, and sitting on ZSS right now, though that may change too. >.>

EDIT: Back to Lucario again. >.>

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well I actually started with Melee, then Brawl, then my friend let me borrow SSB64... Which I need to give back. I've had it for over a year -____-

Anyway, in order:

Melee: Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Pichu (Talk about getting the shaft from Brawl)
Brawl: Wario, Bowser, Wolf
SSB64: Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness

sammy p

Smash Lord
well, ive only REALLY played melee and brawl enough to say ive mained people in them:
melee: Link, pikachiu, kirby, LUIGI!!!
brawl: Pit, LUIGI, and jigglypuff sometime :)

Project D

Smash Journeyman
SSB: Link
SSBM: Roy
SSBB: Ike/Samus
all sword users, probably at the time I thought those that wielded sword were cool, and then I also got into Samus in SSBB.

thisnameisirrelavant

Smash Rookie
Started out with Ness in the original.
Used Ness in melee, but my second main was Ice Climbers.
Ness and Lucas in Brawl, with the occasional Yoshi.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
When I first played melee I was a HUGE fan of all things Zelda. I decided to main black link, and after seeing the Chains of Destiny combo video featuring Germ and Aniki, I was set in my decision. I was a TERRIBLE link player. I was just truely bad for quite a while.

On another note, I try not to watch melee videos anymore whatsoever, because watching the excitement from melee really makes playing brawl almost....completely unsatisfactory.

ArcanusTelos

Smash Rookie
I only played Brawl, but I mained Link because TLoZ was the only Nintendo game I played. Later I unlocked Lucario, I decided to test the new character. I wasn't that bad.

Now, he's my main, and I use Link when I get a loss streak of at least 10.

So Link to Lucario to both. When I get bored I use Snake, Ike, Marth, MK, Kirby, Lucas and maybe Ness. I use a lot of people...

WigglyJiggly

Smash Rookie
N64: Jigglypuff after it was unlocked
Melee: Ice Climbers OR Peach OR Jigglypuff >.> all were fun!
Brawl: Jigglypuff and Peach yo!

Granted, I never play multiplayer anymore, no one ever wants to >.> So i is screwed there.

daballa100

Smash Cadet
smash64(idk if u can count this wasn't i even in grade school yet): Link>falcon>fox
melee was where i started gettin competitive when i went to marth
melee: fox>falcon>sheik>roy>marth
brawl marth>??? i think i'll stick with marth cuz he's awesome

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Well I played Melee, but only by myself so it really doesn't mean anything :/ Brawl is where I got serious, and even then only after I got to college. (IRONY!) Anyways:

Melee: Samus (never any good though)
Brawl: Samus->Zamus->Olimar (Who I now <3)

Though for a while I stuck with Zamus, mostly because I still felt allegiance to Samus but, let's face it, Zamus is just better. Then I got fed up with the amount of crazy spacing necessary to use her and I searched for a new main and landed on Olimar. Things have been golden ever since =)

Top Bottom