• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who was your first main?

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
I started playing Melee, and I didn't really have a main. I just played around with all characters just for fun, and to see which one was conformable for me. At first it was between Mario and Fox, but then I started playing Link more seriously, and after a long time of playing these characters, Link fit my playstyle. He's not as fast as Fox, but not as light as he is as well. Also, he has a lot of projectile weapons.

Riamu589

Smash Rookie
I started out as Pikachu in SSBM, then moved to Roy. When I heard Roy wasn't going to be in Brawl, I switched to Marth. Started off Brawl as Marth, then I got SSB. Used Captain Falcon there, and then mained Captain Falcon in Brawl. Saw ChuDat play, now I main Kirby.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It was Pikachu on SSBM.
He was the reason I got interested in the franchise to be honest, along with Yoshi.

David12596

Smash Rookie
SSB: Mario
SSBM: Bowser
SSBB: Meta-knight

and its kinda funny how not one of them come close to my most played character lol

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
First character I played was Link in 64. I eventually sold out to Kirby. Then in Melee, I tried Kirby, didn't like him, tried Link, didn't like him, then picked up Pretty Pink Falcon. Brawl, I played Pretty Pink Falcon, decided I had forsaken Link long enough, and now I main Link.

Geddan

Smash Ace
i don't remember that well. i'm pretty sure i mained fox in both 64 and then melee first before any other characters. i remember not knowing that tilts existed though until a few years back, lol.

for brawl my first main was sonic; i now second him.

Krazy Monkey

Smash Rookie
My SSB first main was Yoshi but once I unlocked Ness I mained him. Kirby is one of my mains as well.
In Melee I first mained Kirby but that didn't last very long lol. My Melee mains now are Ness, Mewtwo, and Roy.
For Brawl I first mained Ness and Lucas. Now my mains are Ness,Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer, and Zelda.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
SSB: yoshi NOW: dont have but would be fox
SSBM: mewtwo NOW: roy and falco (tie)
SSBB: ike (now who would have seen that coming?) NOW: falco (#1), toon link, marth

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
When I first got Smash64, I mained as Ness because I was a casual gamer and thought he was cool(spammed pk fire so much). Now that I have Smash64 on VC, I main as Falcon, Mario, and Samus. On Melee I main as Captain Falcon, but that doesnt matter since I suck at Melee. So much so that I refuse to play it now. When I first started Brawl I mained Meta Knight because I was noob and didnt know he was god tier. Now on Brawl I main as Captain Falcon, Wolf and Ganon(I play as Meta Knight when people let me.). And on B+ I dont really "main" as anyone since I play as just about every character except zelda.

perfectionless

Smash Rookie
64 My main ones back then where Kirby Cause I can kill them along with me with the grab as long as I was on the edge of the platform and pikachu cause I could use Thunder

Aerialist

Smash Cadet
Smash 64: Very first match ever was against my sister, we both used Pikachu and I lost... I later mained Jigglypuff for the longest, then switched to Kirby for a bit and finally settled on C. Falcon (preferably with a beam saber).

Melee: Again my first match was against my sister, again we were both Pikachu, again I lost... I later switched to Bowser until I unlocked Falco, he's been my main ever since I very first unlocked him (before I knew about tiers or any of that)

Brawl: Um this time my first match was in the gamestop tournament and I used Metaknight, I lost to a Lucas because I couldn't figure out the blinking Wii-remote and nunchuck that they forced me to use and I kept SDing. I don't quite remember but I think I used Marth mostly for that first day before I unlocked Falco. Been using Falco ever since (though I do remember being pissed about what they did to his dair and reflector).

In 64 it's always been Pikachu.

In Melee it started with Pikachu, then Marth.

In Brawl it started with Zero Suit, and is now Samus.

camden

Smash Apprentice
From what I remember, I started maining Captain Falcon in 64, and continued to do so until about a month or two into Brawl's release. From that point I picked up Pikachu, and I stayed him until my first Brawl tournament later that year. After that, I picked up Kirby and have been maining him since, except for once in a while when I take a short break and main someone else for a bit (GnW, Mario, Diddy, Peach, and Yoshi.)

Easy way to look at it:

64: Captain Falcon>>(Brawl Era)>>Link
Melee: Captain Falcon>>(Brawl Era)>>Kirby>>Falco
Brawl: Captain Falcon>>Pikachu>>Kirby>>GnW>>Kirby>>Yoshi>>Kirby>>Diddy>>Peach>>Kirby>>Mario>>Kirby

Brawl progress is lulz.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
When I first started playing Melee I mained Pikachu, because I was really into Pokemon. I didn't really try to get better at him, I just liked playing the character. When I started playing Brawl I think I first mained Ike.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Smash 64 I played Pikachu, cause well... yeah I liked Pokemon. After a while, I played Kirby and he was really fun so I kind of switched to him and played Pikachu as a secondary. I've been with Kirby ever since. The rest is history. =]

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
when game came out
1.MK
2.wolf
3.falco
4.snake
5. now back at Mk :)

edit :6. Possibly Wario in the near future.

Adept69

Smash Cadet
Smash 64: Fox(always)
Melee: Kirby then, Marth now
Brawl: Pit then, Dream Team now (Dedede, Meta Knight, Kirby)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
When I first bought Smash 64, I mained Kirby. He was the only character who made smash fun and I didn't like any other character. Then Melee came out. I mained Zelda mostly and my friends & I played often casually. Then Brawl came out. I really wanted to play Toon Link so I unlocked him and I used him from day 1, but he got boring. Then I got into competitive Smash. I saw M2K play as MK and he looked really fun and fast and he reminds me of a jet so I main him now.

Today:
64 - Kirby
Melee - Sheik
Brawl - Meta Knight

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
64: Hmm i think it was link, but i was like 10 then or something:S And totally sucked on the game.

Melee: Played this when i was like 12 or so, was never any good at it, my mains, hmm i think it was... Gahh dont remember at all.

Brawl: My first Lucas. Nowdays i have no main:p Since i play Link, Lucas, Ness, Jigglypuff, Olimar, Marth, Falco, Ike, Meta knight, Donkey kong. err, think im forgetting a few ones lol:p

Im not pro with all of them by far ofc. But im fairly good at most of them.

Ksenics

Smash Rookie
64: luigi and falcon
melee: marth
brawl:
marth, then meta knight, then kirby, then mario and now bowser. i still use all the old ones from time to time but i just enjoy bowser

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
64: pikachu caz pokemon rocks my socks
melee: marth cause i thought it was weird he was still in japanese and roy was really lame
brawl: started off with diddy but didnt like using nanners all the time so i switched to peach but found out she's a little too wimpy for me

Then...i found wolf. not only was he ******, his voice was also cheesed to the max, he wears leather with spikes and has a purple reflector. it was at that time when he said "whats a mattah? scared?" that i knew he was the character for me and i've never looked back.... there's some snake there as well cause he's too awesome for smash and i love mgs

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
64: link (now its falcon)

melee: bowser/link (now its Marth)

brawl: Ike/marth (now its MK)

i generally started low tier and worked my way up to top/high after i got alright at the game.

Aerialist

Smash Cadet
I just noticed that my main in each game has been ranked number four on the tier list
Falcon
Falco
Falco

hmm....

Top Bottom