• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
@tacotime

Fun games against your Falcon as my Kirby. I'm home sick today so I was just trolling around.

ividal

Smash Cadet
shoutouts to eli who beated me a lot in For glory, i used yoshi and falco while you used a variety of characters, from MK to mewtwo to lucina, would realy like to fight you again, those matches were very fun

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I should have probably posted this earlier today, but shoutout to a Wii U player named Tornado. I was the Palutena player called Nexin.

I haven't faced a Pac-Man in a while, and I had a lot of fun fighting yours. I hope to face you again in the future.
yay I'm in the thread :D

At the time, I'd only been playing Smash 4 for a couple of weeks. Hope to play you more in the future as well :)

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Great games to the overall fundamental player "montee" on Smash 3DS. I would have played more, but my thumb started to hurt.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
yay I'm in the thread :D

At the time, I'd only been playing Smash 4 for a couple of weeks. Hope to play you more in the future as well :)
I wasn't expecting a reply to one of my older posts, but when I saw that you replied to the Pac-Man post, I instantly remembered facing off against you. Anyways, it's cool that I found somebody else from FG.

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I wasn't expecting a reply to one of my older posts, but when I saw that you replied to the Pac-Man post, I instantly remembered facing off against you. Anyways, it's cool that I found somebody else from FG.
hehe I'm sorry to say I don't remember how the matches turned out :p

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wii U version:
Shout out to "JARVIS" who played the craziest Ganondorf I've ever fought in For Glory thus far. I only beat him once but...holy **** he was crazy as **** and I barely stood a chance. Nonetheless, good games out there, compadre! Would love to go for another wild ride with you again sometime. :)

Last edited:

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
Just played against an incredible player by the tag "Sheinic" on 3ds. We started mewtwo mirror but I had to use my dedede to win at all. After that you used a couple of your characters and settled on sonic. Games were amazing, you are easily the strongest player I've met on for glory by a long shot. We sadly got disconnected probably due to my crappy Internet.

I was Fim the default palette dedede.

I hope you see this and get in touch, I'd love to share friend codes and get more games.

Last edited:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
(WiiU)

GGs to GIO and Squid

GIO I woulda had those 1-on-1s if i didnt take as much damage =P

Squid plays pink everything XD I liked fighting your mewtwo

GGs to Buff to, fun Ganon and Falcon

I was mainly playing Lucario and Pikachu

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to Natalie on the 3ds. You're extremely good with a lot of characters, especially Lucina, who you destroyed me with consistently. I hope to face you again sometime in the future.

I was the Palutena player named Austin.

Last edited:

fatalfoxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
plushmunch
GGs to a fox player with the tag FOXCOMBO. First person so far to beat me in a fox ditto set and making me feel like I had to switch to a secondary.

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Kurashi (@ KurashiDragon KurashiDragon ?) who used Pikachu, Fox and Mewtwo! I really enjoyed those matches, and I hope we can play some more in the future. I was the Marth, Robin and Wii Fit Trainer with the tag "Matsu".

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Props to LordAlbert from California. I need a lot more practice against Links. Still can't figure out that d-air footstool... thing :p

Last edited:

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Big thanks to Martz, who saved me from despair. I was repeatedly matched with opponents way worse than me and/or laggy and was about to give up when I found him. Our games was close and intense, ggs. It's the only guy who managed to make me focus on the game instead of half watching TV-half playing smash of the evening, but it was worth it.

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Swagory, your Mario is pretty slick. I could have got you as Meta Knight! Sadly, I had to go to run some errands. I go by the name 21Gmix.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Anyone who played against a TPAIN yesterday or today:

Good games, but I found out that my controller is legitimately broken, causing me to mess up a lot of inputs. If we meet again, I promise it will be better. My control stick has been getting stuck in certain directions and I didn't notice until I was testing it offline.

I know I'm Johning to hell and back but I'll be getting a new controller, so please don't judge me too much based on those games!

link2702

Smash Champion
has anyone else noticed the quality of players on the wii U for glory seems to have risen lately? prior to the mewtwo update I was still getting several mediocre to ok players in wii U for glory, all of which I could handle fairly well. But lately after the update I've been running into several more competent players that give me quite a challenge and/or flat out destroy me. Players who know actual tricks like b-reversals, and actual ground lock setups.

Did nintendo update the actual matchmaking so we're getting players based more on our win %'s now, or have I just been lucky/unlucky lately?

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
has anyone else noticed the quality of players on the wii U for glory seems to have risen lately? prior to the mewtwo update I was still getting several mediocre to ok players in wii U for glory, all of which I could handle fairly well. But lately after the update I've been running into several more competent players that give me quite a challenge and/or flat out destroy me. Players who know actual tricks like b-reversals, and actual ground lock setups.

Did nintendo update the actual matchmaking so we're getting players based more on our win %'s now, or have I just been lucky/unlucky lately?
I noticed this as well. On pure speculation, I'd say the matchmaking has dramatically improved. I've been put up against a LOT better players.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I kind of noticed too, I faced a Japanese player that had the balls to taunt mid-match before hard-reading me with a killing F-Smash. Confidence killer.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Idk, but i've also had close matches, i havent dropped one yet but it wasnt the usual sleepwalk for me.

Alot of people ive run into today are b-reversing and trying to be 2 flashy, and i go lol quit DD'ing and i just grab em and start reading.

Also even in for fun there seems to be competent players rising as well. Like this bowser jr/kirby named trent, he was the best ive fought all day, shout out if you see this... I lived to 177% with amazing megaman DI (even surprised myself) on onnet and clutched out a 2 on 1 SD. too bad i didn't save it :/

edit: oh and ofc the JP players are just getting better and better, fun to play against, too bad they leave after one match even if i win.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Good games to someone I played named cjmgames. Really good Captian Falcon. I played Red Fox White Ike and Pink Falcon. You asked for us to be friends but unfortunately you had friend requests turned off so I couldn't send it. :(
If you see this my NNID is hyperwisp.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Good games to Kurashi (@ KurashiDragon KurashiDragon ?) who used Pikachu, Fox and Mewtwo! I really enjoyed those matches, and I hope we can play some more in the future. I was the Marth, Robin and Wii Fit Trainer with the tag "Matsu".
Oh wow, I never thought I'd meet someone from this site on For Glory. GGs. You were very strong, that much was clear. I hope we battle again in the future. Next time it wont be with a day 3 fox so I might actually win some games with him. XD

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Played against some sick dudes in those last plays, the matchmaking is really improving;
AvriiL~*Star*: First ZSS I faced in a while. You're a pretty good player!!!
Tony2Tu...: You play a nice Mewtwo. Is your name a parody of Mew2King's?
Ben: Oh my God, what a player. Despite that I won just once, I think every match we had was quite close and fun!!!
Mr. Meme: You play a good Yoshi. I like the fact that my Profile Comment is "Mess with DONG" and yours was "dog hahaha" or "hahaha dog", felt like a answer.
*Star*Taku*Star*: GYROID TIEM. I think you got salty after the first loss and decided to go Spam Mode. Too bad I fell for it, git gud Purin!
Jeremy: Oh.My.God. Stop the Mac's Side-B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In case anyone played me and I did not put here (I only save replays of matches that I won. Must fix that mistake), my name was José and I play on the 3DS. I've lost most of my previous matches, the matchmaking really changed. Hope I find anyone here!

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
To the player Jani / Tag: Mr.Bubbles: Good games. I was just testing out Marth to see if I would enjoy playing him in this version, but you showed me that I had a lot to learn about the game in general, both when you were playing as Mega Man and when you played the Mewtwo game.

Thanks for not leaving even though you crushed me almost every game. I seriously learned a lot.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

I think this is great. What nintendo should do from now on is match make using your win loss precent.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] I played a DK main, I think, named Seth. Really good matches, bro. I had to try real hard to not lose a stock on our last match. Those were the best matches I've had in a while.

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
GGs to NugRun. Your Sheik is ****ing on point man! :D I hope we meet again in the future!
Ayylmao that's me! Thanks man. I think I recall you played falcon? Anyway we should duke it out sometime my fc is :2122-8507-8701

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
[3DS] I played a DK main, I think, named Seth. Really good matches, bro. I had to try real hard to not lose a stock on our last match. Those were the best matches I've had in a while.
not Sheth? Blue tie DK? I've played three ness today I can't say if I remember

Uffe

Smash Hero
not Sheth? Blue tie DK? I've played three ness today I can't say if I remember
Just to reiterate, though you've made no mention of the console, this was on 3DS and the name was Seth. The Donkey Kong had pink fur with a yellow tie. I use blue Ness. Gotta say this DK was giving me more trouble than I expected. I hated it, but at the same time it was enjoyable to go up against a good player. I feel like the character has some good anti-ground options, forcing the opponent to play in the air, which is where Ness likes to be, but suffers possible damage because of his floatiness, making it a bit difficult to counter any attack coming at him from below.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
yeah okay that wasn't me. I saw it was 3DS, which is what I was on, but I don't play pink tie DK.

Stopped and asked because 90% of the smashers I meet erroneously remember my tag as Seth. And you seemed uncertain. Your tag seemed familiar so I wasn't really sure

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283

I've seen this as well, a lot of players who are at a way higher level than the usual For Glory fare. A lot of B-reversing, perfect pivoting, pivot grabs, etc. Playing a little too flashy to actually win but still way better than usual, making me wonder where these people came from all of a sudden.

I've also seen the "Flowchart" play move from some characters to others. It used to be mainly Link/Ness/Sonic but now I'm seeing a lot of ROB/Luigi players using the same rinse-and-repeat tactics.

Top Bottom