• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
[3DS] Great games were had with a Ganon player named Vermanubis. Probably the most competent Ganon player I have fought thus far, which is saying quite a bit. You two stocked me several times when I used my subs, and I was only able to win with my mains, sans Mega Man. Good times.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
[3DS] Great games were had with a Ganon player named Vermanubis. Probably the most competent Ganon player I have fought thus far, which is saying quite a bit. You two stocked me several times when I used my subs, and I was only able to win with my mains, sans Mega Man. Good times.
That'd be me.

Those definitely were some terrific games, dude. You adapted to the MU really well.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
That'd be me.

Those definitely were some terrific games, dude. You adapted to the MU really well.
Please don't call me dude, haha

Wowow, I'm absolutely ecstatic to have finally played against a person on Smashboards after months of For Glory. I would have loved to play more matches, but I had to stop for some things. I'm a bit disappointed that I never got to win as Mega Man, but I ultimately had a blast with our games. Playing against you was like a big brain train with all the mind games you played with your scary punishing options. Really made me think hard about how to go about fighting you.

We should exchange friend codes and play again sometime. You're one of the most skilled players I've been able to meet at this point and you're super fun to boot.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Please don't call me dude, haha

Wowow, I'm absolutely ecstatic to have finally played against a person on Smashboards after months of For Glory. I would have loved to play more matches, but I had to stop for some things. I'm a bit disappointed that I never got to win as Mega Man, but I ultimately had a blast with our games. Playing against you was like a big brain train with all the mind games you played with your scary punishing options. Really made me think hard about how to go about fighting you.

We should exchange friend codes and play again sometime. You're one of the most skilled players I've been able to meet at this point and you're super fun to boot.
Ah, sorry. :colorful: I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Anyway, I can imagine how exciting it must be! It's always cool to communicate with people you've played a lot with -- putting a name to the face, or in this case, a face to the name, so to speak. And thank you! I didn't leave those matches entirely unimpressed either, nor would I have stayed as long as I did were I bored!

As for the FCs, I'll send you mine here in a few minutes. Gonna grab a bite to eat then I'll send it your way. Sound fair?

Last edited:

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Ah, sorry. :colorful: I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Anyway, I can imagine how exciting it must be! It's always cool to communicate with people you've played a lot with -- putting a name to the face, or in this case, a face to the name, so to speak. And thank you! I didn't leave those matches entirely unimpressed either, nor would I have stayed as long as I did were I bored!

As for the FCs, I'll send you mine here in a few minutes. Gonna grab a bite to eat then I'll send it your way. Sound fair?
Yeah! Mine is already in my profile so I suppose I don't have to post it. If you have a skype then we could hook up there as well, as that'd be an easy way to set up some games.

I'm plenty glad that you stuck around actually--someone sticking around for so long is a sign to me that they're really enjoying the games, and that's quite an honor to me. Most people I meet leave after about two games or so.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
[3DS] I just won against a competent Palutena named NOBU with my Dr. Mario. He made good use of jab-cancels and he had some pretty good combos, but he was a bit easy to read and his edge-game was pretty predictable.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
If anyone finds a guy named "Stephen" who plays a cruel Link, then you need to really beef up to beat me.
But anyways, if anyone wants to go against me for real, come look at my code and challenge me. I'm game, and I'll fight competitively!

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to ChaosNeo from Georgia. Our first match was a Charizard ditto with the same yellow skin, and we did the same taunt to greet each other. Your Charizard and Shulk were pretty good. GGs.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Whoever Sam is, you were very fun to fight against. Your best character is Rosalina imo. Let's see if we can challenge someday :)
This was probably me lol, I play as Rosy with the Sam tag. I'll rematch anytime~

Also if BlueCoin or Darklite is here, you guys were good. Especially Darklite...played a very slippery Greninja. Side note: today I briefly connected with 9B but he left before the match started :(

Last edited:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Ggs to Kon
Prob the best king Dedede on for glory 3ds, I hate for glory stages. >.> rob has no chance recovering on the omega stages that you cant go under ;_;

Great job Kon!

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
GG's to a Ganon user named Oblivion on 3DS who I played on the Paper Mario stage, I was the White marth who constantly tried to psyche you out. I enjoyed our match and hope you'll stick around next time.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
GG's to a man named "Drew", I had a lot of fun, and it came down to a VERY close last match, and even though I won with D-Tilt > KO Uppercut, you still kicked my ass a lot.

I'll be looking forward, however, to meeting you all online...hehe...
You see a man using a Golden Link/Albino Ganondorf, the name "Stephen" and his brutal wins, than you shall be meeting a man whom can play. Also, 3DS version only.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
3DS version.

Shaknowne (who had a black Mii), those were some amazing matches! You used Yoshi for most of them and switched colors usually after I won. In the last match you went pink Samus. Your Yoshi was a lot more patient than most, so I had to adapt to your playstyle a bit. Really impressive jab cancels that you used to link into DTilt and Yoshi Bomb. Constantly getting eaten by Egg Lay was kind of frustrating, but that just means you used it well. I was the default Villager with the tag Atoyont. Sorry I had to go, but I was hungry and wanted some grub. If you see this, hit me up so we can play some more games!

Luigified531

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigified531
3DS FC
1161-0514-1880
I only have the 3DS version right now.
Anyway, my name online is Billy, and I normally play as Peach. Although sometimes I'll play as Rosalina (not really good with her yet), or Yoshi (kinda good). I'd say I'm half-decent with Peach, but not exactly great...
Anyway, if there's a person who goes by Scott, I'd love to play you again. I started with Peach and your started with Ganondorf and we went through practically the entire roster tonight before you had to go. I'd love to meet up with you again!

Habanero

Smash Rookie
NNID
PolarDude
3DS FC
2595-0045-2410
was playing for a while against someone named Kohkitteh (Nickname SOUL) who was a fun Luigi.

There was also a guy named "Lewii da G" or something who was absolutely amazing as Luigi.

If either of you are here and reading this, Haba says hello. (I was the fire Mario with the meteor spamming that I apologize for ^u^''')

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
3DS Version

Shoutouts to my faithful people whom lost and gave me something to learn and watch out about (I'm on the left, opponent on right):
:4ness: vs :4ness:EianCos...(full name unknown); your Ness is quite scary compared to the cast, and it's quite fun when fighting a fellow Ness player with the same color. Your PK Fire usage was scares and conservative, and your PK Flash was a bit overused. In the end, however, I won.

:4mario: vs :4ness:Rubeno; damn, you have a very, very fierce Ness, and compared to most others, you scared me when I fought you. You caught me a lot with your grabs, and when I thought I was done for, your one error made your dire mistake from my 150% Mario.

:4shulk::4link: vs :4falcon:(Japanese Player); your Falcon was fierce, with the constant combos, but your combos still lacked linking up toward one another. Still a fun couple of matches, though.

:4ganondorf: vs :4samus: jakey; so much projectile spamming, and so much...but suffice to say...it ended with one simple Flame Choke to 0% death on you. Sorry I went cheap, I was desperate.

:4ness: vs :4link: Awesome; great Link, and it made me truly utilize Ness to one of its best. Lovely matches.

:4drmario: vs :4lucina:(Japanese Player); Lucina was counter-crazy, but holy hell was it effective. But yet you lacked true combo potential, thus allowing me to gain an edge.

:4link::4kirby: vs :4kirby::4falcon::4mario:gusi; wow...challenging fighter, dude, but you lacked offense against my defense, and defense against my offense, and tactics to get out of combos.

:4link: vs :4villager:E-BOT; Annoying to say the least...but you at least used projectiles to good uses, and aimed very, very well. Almost got me if I hadn't hit you right.

:4zelda::4zss::4link::4ganondorf::4bowser::4lucina::4marth::4charizard: vs :4greninja::4luigi::4shulk::4lucina:Dakota; you fought well with your characters, and made me use all eight of these characters (yes, I used eight different characters), just to beat you. Suffice to say, you were fun and I want rematches.

:4metaknight: vs :4peach:Mason; for a second, I thought you had me, because you were really combo-heavy and ended with the F-air, but I always ran into that, I digress. Anyways, spectacular performance undermined by simple combo-reliant strategy.

:4megaman: vs :4duckhunt:Future...(full name unknown); great attacks, little Neutral Special spamming and great combos, but you ran right into my D-Smash to seal the fate. Too bad you left after the only match.

:4ganondorf: vs :4lucario: vs :4falcon: vs :4bowser: (latter 3 are Japenese players); let's say that you guys were fun, but you all ran into my attacks.

:4link::4ganondorf: vs :4sheik::4peach:Vosk; great match, and you'll be easy to find again. Loved playing against you.

:4ganondorf: vs :4pikachu:Daniel; once more, another fine person with matches, just the attacks and running into them sealed your fate.

:4ganondorf: vs :4falcon: NuttySw...(full name unknown); one of the best twists I've done yet...first, we double-KO'd our first stock, but on the second one, you hit me and combo'd me so much, I went desperate...so Flame Choke suicide KO at 0%.

:4ganondorf: vs :4charizard: Masta K...(full name unknown); you went weak, but you tried your best. Ended very quickly on the second stock with my combo.

Very fun guys...so much character usage...so much wins...so much recordings.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Star Warrior from Cali - With a star symbol. (Wii U)

Very enjoyable games. I've been playing around with Samus, but she didn't fare too well. Took me a bit to get back into Mega Man, but those were some fun competitive games. I'm interested who you really play as, since you switched characters each game/possibly were going random. You DC'd when you switched to Metaknight, which really made me sad since I don't know that matchup at all. Sent you a friend request, but feel free to PM me here if you see this.
frijovjovjbgogjmo

Just now i c dis.

<----- look over yonder mi boi. and down thur at my sig, GGS that zony megaman...man xD

Sorry, well I guess now we can fight better than just FD amirite?

I DC'd cause i had to go :c

Also, @Ginge Ggs my man, Thought i'd face you in PM before Smash 4 but hey. (idk if it'll alert u)

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
frijovjovjbgogjmo

Just now i c dis.

<----- look over yonder mi boi. and down thur at my sig, GGS that zony megaman...man xD

Sorry, well I guess now we can fight better than just FD amirite?

I DC'd cause i had to go :c

Also, @Ginge Ggs my man, Thought i'd face you in PM before Smash 4 but hey. (idk if it'll alert u)
You are right indeed. :D Kirby, huh. I figured as much with the whole Star Warrior stuff. Looking forward to more games. If you ever see me in a room, feel free to jump in.

Also, it doesn't alert people if you edit them in (which is dumb) so @Ginge - There you go. :D

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You are right indeed. :D Kirby, huh. I figured as much with the whole Star Warrior stuff. Looking forward to more games. If you ever see me in a room, feel free to jump in.

Also, it doesn't alert people if you edit them in (which is dumb) so @Ginge - There you go. :D
Oh cool, most people go yeah dont jump in unless asked, inb4 niko goes but star pls i've always been open

anyway thanks but just checked he hasnt been on since oct, so he probably doesnt use this site anymore ;_:

anyway whoever was Spaniard on the Wii U version (cali), GGS cool link, sorry about dem hiccups. Would like to play you more if your out there.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
WiiU Version

I went 2-2 against KDJr.SSJ. If you don't remember me, I was the guy who had the Japanese name エルレイド for my gamertag, but my in-game battle tag was Erureido. I remember beating you in our first two matches and then you beating me in the final two. I used Duck Hunt for the first round and then Captain Falcon afterwards. You used Meta Knight for those two matches, and you were pretty decent using him. The first round was a pretty close match, but you made a few mistakes in the second round that caused me to two-stock you. Then in the third round, I used Diddy Kong and you used Jigglypuff; you did a great job with taking advantage of Jigglypuff's spacing game, and you won that round.

But then, you picked Diddy Kong for the final round and I picked Greninja (my main)... only to be blown away by your impressive Diddy Kong skills. Like seriously, you played Diddy Kong like a real Diddy Kong professional! I don't know if you intentionally picked him for the final round to mock me that I am not as good as you with Diddy, but honestly, I am really surprised you didn't pick Diddy for those previous matches. All of them would've been a much different story if you went with Diddy for all of them, and I think you should stick with him if you want to continue to be successful in For Glory!

Of course, I will be honest. I am still far from perfect from being a true professional smash player as I still need to make improvements, and our final round game made me aware of that. Best of luck in your future battles, KDJr.SSJ!

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
ggs to "N,L", we both messed around in Team battle because one of us almost always had the really bad player on our team. and when we were on the same team, we wrecked.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@Techtonio I can't believe I found you on For Glory, our matches were immensely fun and I just recently heard you've been taking top spots as Ness, so it was really awesome to play you. :D

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Wow, GGs to a player who used the tag "GUY" (can't remember for the life of me what the NN name was)

I hope to see you on here, because those matches were great. I was "Oprah", lol. Lots of really close wins for both of us, especially that Link surviving to 206%! I was so wanting to be flashy and end it with Upperdash but I got way too predictable and ate those rage-effect smashes.
Your Ike was also amazing. Barely won it but your performance with him made me not wanna use him and look bad. ^^

Nice to see another gentleman too. Taunting at the beginning to show we're both having fun.

Last edited:

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Good games to the player named CK, who got demolished by my pika and then changed his nametag to GETRAPED and left.

Good games to a green yoshi named "obito" who played against my ganon and won twice before changing his name tag to YOUTUBE. Your excessive taunting was adorable, forgot how cute yoshi is. After I swtiched to D3, and won two games, you left. But I really hope you post ALL matches to YOUTUBE, so you don't pretend you wrecked someone when you didnt please :p

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Looking for a 3DS player named Oscar, your shulk was really good, beat my secondaries, Ness (white) and Greninja (Black). GGs I hope to meet that shulk again.

Also GG's to grizz that dark grey ike vs default ike match was a tough one, but fun regardless. I hope someone from here with those tags responds. I would love to play some more matches whoever you guys are.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Fought 5 different Diddy Kong users in a row and the one character that finally switches it up was a Shiek.

/sigh

at least one Diddy by the name "Niko" was alright.

link2702

Smash Champion
to a mediocre shulk named owl.

why'd you chicken out after a win against my wario just one match? afraid I might stop sandbagging and pick one of my mains and walk all over you? my falcon would of butchered you easily.

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
to a mediocre shulk named owl.

why'd you chicken out after a win against my wario just one match? afraid I might stop sandbagging and pick one of my mains and walk all over you? my falcon would of butchered you easily.
Chill man, it's just a game. I don't know what the Shulk player was thinking but I sometimes quit when someone destroys me because I don't find it fun or don't think my opponent found the match fun. Maybe that's what happened to Owl?

Whether that was the case or not, no need to call him mediocre. I bet you didn't started being good either.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Got a couple of 3DS players that were pretty good.

Phil from California, they played Ike and Rob. you were pretty awesome and fun to play against. I was trying my hand at Falco, and you just whooped me.

then there's Cyan from Texas. They played Dark Pit the whole time, and I changed it up every couple or so matches, I played Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Megaman, and Link. I had to leave because something important came up. if your out there, I applaud you. Best Dark Pit player I have ever gone against.

In both cases my name was Elite X.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
[3ds]

Good games to a Ness with the tag TSOCJosh. It was obvious you were trying to get better, although you got a bit on the predictable side. I saw you were changing it up at the end a bit, but it just didn't seem like it was enough in the end. I appreciated the fact you tried to say bye as Kirby. Good games once again.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Hey, looking for a player that went by the name "Static". He played a bit of everything, but mostly Pikachu, and I played a bit of Rosalina and Palutena, but mostly Zelda. Probably the most competent Pikachu player I've ever played against. I only won about 6 games out of the 45 min playtime, but I have to say it was my best online experience by far^^
I was really bad, but I appreciate the way you helped me improve. Would love for a rematch^^

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Err a little mac player who disconnected after he KO punched me twice when I was pikachu. He only left after he beat me o.o
After losing to my Olimar, Sheik ,Greninja and a few others .
What's weird was I actually looking to see how Pikachu would fare against a Little Mac match up . Yet that happened.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Shoutouts to Xavi and Garrus. Don't take my namechange to ByeFelicia to heart, that's just what I give after I'm ready to bounce.

Top Bottom