• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Maluhky

Smash Rookie
NNID
Maluhky
fought a guy named MaxTP, Jesus that was the best megaman I've ever seen. Terrified.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
SF☆WG, if you're reading this, those were some fun Lucina dittos! You played well and I appreciate our little taunting sessions at the start of each game!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Whoever Soul was, his NNID was something spanishy i dont remember.

Anyway I didnt RQ, I had that match with my Dark pit against your ganon, then near the end of the match it started to DELAY like hell for me on my GC adapter on you were just fine, so you got a lucky win then you go falcon and are moving like the wind while my shulk's arts were going choppy due to whatever delay you were giving me so i went hell no and left. i'd like to vs you properly if you see this.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to a very VERY trolly player who went by the tag "Luis" who was from New York. I have never been timed out twice before. This guys defense was so dumb. Very well played. He went Pink Pit, Green Villager, Pink Diddy, Luigi, and Shiek.

I went Pink Mac, Red DK, Canadian Ness, Red Zelda, and Red Jiggs.

Edit: dude took me to Sudden Death as Sheik and killed my jiggs with needles.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
GGs to a guy named Nug, we had some friendly matches. My tag was Wesker08 (White Marth, Black Bowser, Blue falco). You were good with Blue Dedede, blue toon link and a few others (can't think of who they were). I hope we get to play each other again.

Last edited:

Tstyle

Smash Rookie
Really GGs to a guy named "Calvin" from Canada. His tag was >C< and he played a pink diddy and a (i think) blue sheik.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
[3DS] Good games to sid. Sorry if I made you tired with all those games. I usually wait for my opponent to leave first before quitting!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Played a guy called Fei~ from Arizona and had fun matches. Like 20 matches. I'm Oblivion from Florida.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
[3DS] Just played against Misha from Mexico iirc. My Mii's name is Dan, but my tag "Haloedhero" is in my profile. I play a red Mega Man mostly and mess around with other characters if I've got a clear advantage with my main against a given opponent.

Good games. Your Peach was a pretty good match for my Mega Man.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just fought someone named Mongi who combined Samus's projectiles with awesome aggressive play to make him near impossible to approach or reflect against without getting punished by a dash attack or grab.

We had several battles, and I was only able to defeat Samus once with Lucario(though I did get pretty close with Link and Charizard).

They had also used Captain Falcon pretty well, and an used an one like Dedede or Ike every now and then, which I stood a much better chance against. They used the dark colored alts for Samus and Captain Falcon.

Now I'm not sure if they're an English-speaker, since I've never seen a name like that....but oh man, I'm still exhausted by all that. Those matches were intense.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
@ Matsushi Matsushi GGs.

Finally ran into another player from here. I was the falcon against your marth. Sorry I left after just one match, had to finish getting ready for work.

To another user named chris, ggs, the falcon ditto's were awesome.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
@ Matsushi Matsushi GGs.

Finally ran into another player from here. I was the falcon against your marth. Sorry I left after just one match, had to finish getting ready for work.

To another user named chris, ggs, the falcon ditto's were awesome.
Oh, that was you! Hello there. Good games indeed. I wanted to play more but if you had to go, I understand. ^_^ I'd love to play you again sometime! That Captain Falcon was quite something.

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
Played someone with the tag "Lolo". Really good games man, hope you are on here. I was Pink Captain Falcon, tag name Traek. We were playing at like 2am Pacific (saturday morning) and man, I am still cracking up over our games. I loved your aggressive Bowser, very nice ledge guards as well. Classy guy, and the taunts/humping I was busting out laughing man.

The ending with Captain Falcon Ditto was so hilarious, and fitting end with the Falcon Punch! I am glad we were thinking the same thing, haha. I wish mine was the one that landed, but no salt at all man, was too fun. Thanks for sticking around a while. Was my first time trying out Captain Falcon in FG, so much was learned on my end. I'd like to do main vs. main sometime too if I run into you, not sure if you played yours.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Just fought a good Shulk by the name of Sebastian. That Shulk was nice dude!

MaggieMagister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4657-0072-4618
I fought an extremely strong Dedede on 3DS FG with an ingame name of just 'Danny'. I've never lost to a Dedede like that before, I was blown away by that kind of defense. I would hope we could fight again someday so I can learn the matchup better.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
[3DS] it's one thing to run into a player from around here, but whoever happens to be named just "J", i find it interesting how I ran into you twice on 4 Glory. played a yellow Little Mac that caught me by surprise the first time, and I adjusted eventually... though that KO punch through your Fsmash was luck, i didn't expect to land it.

that PAC-MAN, however, is frustrating... i can put up with a wall of projectiles for long enough, but once I've had enough, I'll start seeing red and charge in swinging, so while I was left pretty salty, it'd have been much worse if I didn't win a single match against that yellow cheeseball with legs...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well done to a player named Bubba Gump (love your Mii by the way) who played a nice Zero Suit Samus. Great games, very consistent quality throughout.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Played a number of fun games with a (apparent) Falcon/Kirby main named Ritin. I was the Greninja you encountered, had a blast playing with you.

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
To Scott the Pink Yoshi Player:

I first encountered you in a FFA For Glory match where three of us happened to be Yoshis and one was a Link who probably was wondering if we planned that. You were the only Yoshi that could match me.

Two games later, you swallowed my Little Mac, trapped me in an egg, and let me fall to my doom. It was then that I declared you my rival whom it is my ultimate destiny to fight. I landed a KO punch on you. You responded by coming back and swallowing me and letting me fall into the abyss again.

I encountered you for a few games on a different play session as well. But I haven't seen you since. I will find you, Scott. Our duel is one of fate.

link2702

Smash Champion
Oh, that was you! Hello there. Good games indeed. I wanted to play more but if you had to go, I understand. ^_^ I'd love to play you again sometime! That Captain Falcon was quite something.
Definitely want to face your marth again as I need to have some more challenging opponents once and awhile.

Send me a friend request and tomorrow I can add you, not getting on the wii u again tonight as I got some christmas gifts and preparations to make.

Matsushi

True Blood
Definitely want to face your marth again as I need to have some more challenging opponents once and awhile.

Send me a friend request and tomorrow I can add you, not getting on the wii u again tonight as I got some christmas gifts and preparations to make.
I'll be sure to do so. Good luck with the Christmas preparations! I've gotta head to bed since it's becoming extremely late over here, so goodnight!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Can I please meet one player whom I cannot thrash? It seems every player I go against is quite lacking. Whether I use any character, I come the victor no matter what circumstance.

Might I ask if anyone has the time to fight me? I've played quite underwhelming players lately, and want to take the opportunity to fight some competitive players. Quote or @ me if you want to come against me, I'll be at the ready. I'll enjoy a bit of fun if you want some, too.

(Over 1000 battles later, you think you would find someone who can absolutely demolish you..*sigh*)

Last edited:

RaphAttack90

Smash Rookie
NNID
RaphAttack90
3DS FC
0645-5985-1639
Flox, where ever you are, you were my favorite person that I fought against. My game name is Raffi.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
I fought this guy named Mason on Wii U for about an hour. I was WOLOLO. Awesome matches!

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet
Oh god, this is why I hate having a short attention span, I can't remember all the good people's name!

There was a Gaulmania who was freaking amazing, I even sent a friend request to him because we had such good matches, We played like 15 matches!

spicystar

Smash Rookie
To: Jacob
You were: Jiggles, Peach, Wario
I was: Zero Suit, Pikachu, Toon Link

Sorry I could barely catch those turnips

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
(3DS) GGs tokki, you're style of playing marth/lucina is pretty interesting and caught me well off guard sometimes. Taunts were really necessary (i started it lol #hypocrite) (i was ZSS and C.Falcon)
Your rolls and way of playing became pretty predictable after a bit though, i think changing it up a bit more might be healthy for ya. the reads were real

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Good games to a guy named Dee last night. You are a truly amazing ROB player (completely destroyed me in our two games to be exact), and you displayed some incredible sportsmanship by putting your in-game tagline as "Have Fun". I was the one that used Megaman in our first match and then Captain Falcon in the second. Keep up the good work with ROB!

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Found a Pikachu main named Sparky on 3DS, my tag was Wesker08. I was the white marth, I was having a blast with your Pikachu, then all of a sudden when we were down to our last stock, it started to lag, I started having a little trouble with the action input, so i killed myself to end the match. Hopefully next time our connection may be better.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Fought someone by the name bebe(tag was MARCOS) on Wii U FG a couple of days ago. I won a greater % of the matches, but they were good enough with quite a few characters to keep me on my toes. If you're on here, it's Sin, I was using a lot of :4megaman:, :4robinm:, :4lucario: and :4wario:. Good matches.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
(3DS) Played a guy with the tag Boss and exclusively used black coat Dr. Mario. GGs, man. You had great reads and made good use of Doc's fast smashes to work around the input delay. I also got to save a few replays, a couple of which were you 2-stocking me pretty badly.

I used, I believe, red Greninja, Old-manondorf, blue Dedede, Mr. Saturn shirt Ness, and blue Kirby in our matches. If I have only one complaint to make is that the input delay was really bad, the matches themselves didn't lag at all but my inputs were definitely having greater delay than usual. I don't think it was my internet, but it did suck because a couple of times it dropped inputs on me. But even if it we did get to play lagless I get the feeling you would've stomped me anyways.

Genix

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yanoshka
Fought a Mac who knew what he is doing, his name was mikeMP. Had a blast those few matches, i was playing Link the entire time. Hit me up if you happen to read this, my tag was genix btw.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
gg to ripter and the other japanese people, so fun when we were all villagers in a taunt party - we chopped down trees, pocketed them and started a deadly game of catch.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Played a good player who went by "Aza" who went Link, Pit, Toonlink and another character I forgot. This was the first time I've ever seen someone use Link so greatly. Your bomb jump timings for your recovery was superb. I was [SB]Metal that went Red Falcon, DK, and Marth. I kind of want to upload 1 game with my Falcon just to show off what I did. lol.

**** it. I'm uploading it anyways. Included a match where he won just to make it fair. Enjoy the god awesome quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMRNjNOBdg&list=UUgse2jcIdXn_hTrmsTUkiIA

Last edited:
Top Bottom