• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the best link here?

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I fully agree Blubba; me playing against Snakes, MKs, DKs, etc online with some lag is a lot better than me only playing Wolf and only Wolf offline. (My brother plays Wolf... and that's it.)

I can't use aerials or arrow cancel online for crap though. :ohwell:

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
everyone talks about deva legan and arkive (and sometimes Izaw (which by the way totally deserve the title of link gods )), but I really think Havokk is an up incoming titan. seriously beastly, haha. if havokk decides to stick with this character :p, he could definetly become a great ( if not so already )

Swordplay

Smash Lord
everyone talks about deva legan and arkive (and sometimes Izaw (which by the way totally deserve the title of link gods )), but I really think Havokk is an up incoming titan. seriously beastly, haha. if havokk decides to stick with this character :p, he could definetly become a great ( if not so already )
No offense to you havok.

You got a great Link but for me to say your as good as the power 6 (finns deva legan arkive blubba izaw) I would need to see more than just online matches between us.

I'm sure you already know that wifi means nothing.

Everybody should know that by now....

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Not all of his matches are online I thought though??? maybe he just didn't mention it in some of his vids.

EDIT - Alright so it seems all of them but one say they are wifi, which still is a pretty fun looking matches taking into consideration the more or less SD and a half :B

Izaw

Smash Ace
No.. f'uck that, havokk isnt a lite Izaw. Don't say so cause it pisses me off <.<

Also yeah, i know my youtube channel is abit slow and it seems like i always play bad people

But NO. I dont always play bad people. Serpit is top 5 lucas in world, Gaki is top 3 in EU with Wolf, Rebaz is the best falcon ever, and i play them all the time and yea. beat them, it just makes them look bad i know. I've been going to EU tourneys and placed top 3 / won every single on of them with Link.

also sry for me being like this, im just on a bad mood <.<... so yea, im gonna upload some new videos against good players soon, cause i really dont want Izaw to die around here or be replaced...that would just be not cool

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
No.. f'uck that, havokk isnt a lite Izaw. Don't say so cause it pisses me off <.<

Also yeah, i know my youtube channel is abit slow and it seems like i always play bad people

But NO. I dont always play bad people. Serpit is top 5 lucas in world, Gaki is top 3 in EU with Wolf, Rebaz is the best falcon ever, and i play them all the time and yea. beat them, it just makes them look bad i know. I've been going to EU tourneys and placed top 3 / won every single on of them with Link.

also sry for me being like this, im just on a bad mood <.<... so yea, im gonna upload some new videos against good players soon, cause i really dont want Izaw to die around here or be replaced...that would just be not cool
Hey man, no need to worry. Your status as a Link player has not changed; it's just been so long since we've seen you in action. It's about time you upload some current vids. Can't wait to see 'em.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace

sorry
10sry
Well, I did not want to imply that Havokk was going to replace anyone, I was just implying that he was showing off fancy ATs on less skilled opponents. But, I probably shouldn't have made that joke considering the serpit videos are actually pretty good, I guess that Lucas plays different that my brother does so I wasn't really respecting him like I should. Like, he doesn't do a lot of short hop nairs or short hop fairs and that made me dislike his Lucas at first, but he seems rather good when I watched him just a second ago, so... sry about that.

But no, you, Arkive, Deva, and Legan easily have the best videos in the Archive. Kalm has videos somewhere that are really good as well, but it is in some other thread.... and not the video archive.

Legan

Smash Lord

It's ok dude, as long as you've got respect in the smash community thats all that matters. I also dont like being compared to Links who have no tournament experience and just play well on wifi or just claim they're good IRL because they said so when they've never actually played a pro player. Ive worked really hard to be an original player by placing well in tournaments and beating great players and creating my own style. It just seems like we get undermined by people who haven't achieved half of what weve accomplished. Dont get me wrong, I respect all my up & coming link players, but I feel you guys should really earn your stripes like before you claim a title.

Edit: Ok let me try to clear up this wifi situation as well. Wifi means absolutely nothing in terms of competitive smash. On wifi, input delay brings both you and your opponent to the exact same lvl, meaning the person with faster reaction time will not win. The person who is better at WIFI will win! I dont think any of you could begin to understand the gap between wifi and Real competitive brawl. Right now, alot of you only THINK you are good. Honestly until you go to a major tournament youll honestly understand how much you suck. Yea you've watched the videos of the link greats and you've mimicked alot of our styles but It wont mean anything unless you know how to incoporate it in offline tournament play. Im just being real with you guys, so dont take this the wrong way.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Yes, Legan is correct.

I wont even try to prove Im good cause there's no freaking way I can. I live in Guatemala so yeah (thats Central America in case you didnt know). All I can say is that Im definetly top Link in my country (although there's another really good Link), and I know that cause me and my crew win ALL the tournaments here (we've amassed enough Wiis to play domino, comercially influenced tournaments offer goods for prices not money), its a small country with a great competitive Smash comunity and I play them top players like weekly and they respect me for my Link.

However, I cant compare how good I really am till I play on a larger scale and I tried WiFi for that a couple times and that ended pretty badly for me. My whole skillset and playstyle cannot compare to the real thing and real life matches against known US players is like never gonna happen or at least not likely.

So to you, Im a regular Link player which doesnt botter me at all.

In my opinion top Links are Deva, Legan, Arkive and Izaw who have proved their skills in real life (respected) tournaments. Sorry if Im missing someone, I have no doubt there's really good Links who cant attend real life tournamets and became awesome at WiFi because of that, you're still respected but wont make top till you do, that's the sad truth.

sasook

Smash Champion

Then you're just incredibly good at making your opponents look bad lol.

You'll never be replaced by anyone, even if you were to leave completely, so don't worry about it. You pretty much taught 90% of Link users here how to play.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
It's ok dude, as long as you've got respect in the smash community thats all that matters. I also dont like being compared to Links who have no tournament experience and just play well on wifi or just claim they're good IRL because they said so when they've never actually played a pro player. Ive worked really hard to be an original player by placing well in tournaments and beating great players and creating my own style. It just seems like we get undermined by people who haven't achieved half of what weve accomplished. Dont get me wrong, I respect all my up & coming link players, but I feel you guys should really earn your stripes like before you claim a title.

Edit: Ok let me try to clear up this wifi situation as well. Wifi means absolutely nothing in terms of competitive smash. On wifi, input delay brings both you and your opponent to the exact same lvl, meaning the person with faster reaction time will not win. The person who is better at WIFI will win! I dont think any of you could begin to understand the gap between wifi and Real competitive brawl. Right now, alot of you only THINK you are good. Honestly until you go to a major tournament youll honestly understand how much you suck. Yea you've watched the videos of the link greats and you've mimicked alot of our styles but It wont mean anything unless you know how to incoporate it in offline tournament play. Im just being real with you guys, so dont take this the wrong way.
wait, Izaw's matches were all online? Even the tournament matches?

I call shenanigans....

sasook

Smash Champion
I don't think he's talking to Izaw in the second part of his post. He's making a general statement.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
it was a jump in perspective from one paragraph to the next, which confused me. Thanks for clearing that up, I read it kind of fast and was like "lulwut?"

But, yea, @arkive, what part of OS's video on DI was wrong? It seemed to be pretty spot on to me...

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Right now, alot of you only THINK you are good. Honestly until you go to a major tournament youll honestly understand how much you suck. Yea you've watched the videos of the link greats and you've mimicked alot of our styles but It wont mean anything unless you know how to incoporate it in offline tournament play.
It's absolutely true. In Melee I could 5 stock any of my friends and any lvl 9 computer, and yet the two tournaments I've gone to (and only one of them is for state power rankings) I got wiped by one of the top ten in the state. Also, a lot of the strategies that work on your friends... absolutely suck vs real competitors. There's no fake-outs there; if your friend just so happens to use laggy aerials before landing and you think you can rush a real competitor, prepare to be perfect shielded into death combos like Kirby's Gonzo, Falco's chaingrab to spike, ROB's throw to gimp, D3's chaingrab to fair, etc.

/End rant

D

Deleted member

No one can DI like you. You probably have the best DI out of all of us. Whats your secret?
oh its such a good secret even Chip wouldn't tell anybody but Deva, but i actually found out that Chip's super DI was inferior to mine.

the secret is an epic reaction time

D

Deleted member

SDI is way slower than tap DI and tap DI much easier to do since its done with the control stick. SDI and tap DI work the same way but with different sticks. If you combine tap DI and SDI then you create some crazy form of super DI that lets you get out of every multi hit attack in the game. Using this DI i almost never die by Diddy or Pit's fsmashes and i can also get out of snake's jab. This DI also makes the PK fire and bullet seed unusable because you'll always get out on the first hit.
his video is outdated and only teaches you how to get out of multihit moves, it doesn't teach basic DI and advanced DI

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
his video is outdated and only teaches you how to get out of multihit moves, it doesn't teach basic DI and advanced DI
ahhh, so posting in the wrong thread was really my problem. I don't know how the hell I saw your post on DI and didn't see the explination. ~_~ Stupid me... :laugh:

edit: thanks! :p

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust

**** Legan, layin the law :B, it's okay I've gotten my *** handed to me by greats so i know how far I have to go, haha. It's actually kind of cool to see another link get real, aside from arkive that is, haha

Finns7

Smash Ace
Idk why people have such negative feelings about wif, imo wifi is great if you have a great conncection, because you can learn matchups and other things, and also It starts to feel normal when you brawl online consistently (during the summer this was me, but now I dont brawl online)...Idk guys it just seems like when you guys say he has a good wifi Link or whatever (not neccessarily to me) your stating irl he would get owned, and I dont agree with that. Everyone doesnt have the means of transportation like others do...whether it be a car or lying to your parents telling them your staying over a friends house(naughty Deva >_>)

One day we should all just go to a remote destination in the midwest (midwest because all midwest Links ****)and settle this Final destination, No items...Fox only...oh wait.

Legan

Smash Lord
Idk why people have such negative feelings about wif, imo wifi is great if you have a great conncection, because you can learn matchups and other things, and also It starts to feel normal when you brawl online consistently (during the summer this was me, but now I dont brawl online)...Idk guys it just seems like when you guys say he has a good wifi Link or whatever (not neccessarily to me) your stating irl he would get owned, and I dont agree with that. Everyone doesnt have the means of transportation like others do...whether it be a car or lying to your parents telling them your staying over a friends house(naughty Deva >_>)

One day we should all just go to a remote destination in the midwest (midwest because all midwest Links ****)and settle this Final destination, No items...Fox only...oh wait.
Finns, takes this from someone who was in the same situation as you. I was staying with my friend and the only thing I had to play on was wifi and I thought I was the absolute ****. i would **** non stop everyday and thats where I learned alot of my character matchups and strats. When I went to my first tourney, I made it out of pools but I got utter ***** first & second round. It showed me how truly bad I was and the only way I got to where I am now is by playing great players in tournament settings. It would be fun to have a nice big link ditto session but I donno how that would prove whos the best Link. Arkive beat me in link dittos at my first tourney but he didnt make it out of pools, link dittos mean nadda. It's not the players fault in the least if he doesnt have acess to a good smash scene ( like me) or transportation to tournaments, but that doesnt mean they can claim to be something they're not. When you guys get out & earn your stripes by doing well in tournaments and get some credibility recognition from other great smashers, you will happily be recognized as a Link great.

Izaw

Smash Ace
wait, Izaw's matches were all online? Even the tournament matches?

I call shenanigans....
I never. play wifi seriously

I can play it once a week for fun with a close friend , but thats all, otherwise everything is offline

link2702

Smash Champion
O_O; all I wanted with this topic was a bit of training with link, and to learn how to handle diddy's...i didn't expect this to go this far.....all I wanted was to play some of the best links here and have them help train me..... O.o;

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
one of them shows you how to cut the distance that you are pushed, maybe he has a new one? maybe i saw someone elses.... i personally was told by my brother how to do it, b/c he learned it from a lv 9 computer, so I have been doing a lot of the distance cutting di since like april. I was really confused on why his ****ing lucas wouldn't die.

Me and deva even had an arguement about it a long time ago, like right after he posted a video vrs anon

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
;-; I feel like Legan is makin' fun of me.

I don't make titles for myself... I just like to have fun when others do it for me the few times they do.

*curls up into the fetal position and rolls around*

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I never. play wifi seriously

I can play it once a week for fun with a close friend , but thats all, otherwise everything is offline
Me too. I don't like wifi anymore. Plus mine is broken XD But yeah, when I get my vids up, it'll be no wifi, Link only, my house!

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, with the title this has I'm surprised it didn't get closed right away lol.

but while I'm here, hmm. . .best Link. . .idk. . . something to do with DSF keeps coming to mind =P
haha, but really, I dont have any say, there's a lot of good Link players out there, and I dont think you can really call anyone "the best Link."

And as far as wifi, it's obviously good for learning general matchups and stuff. But me for example, I just can't play online. I'm flat out horrible. Even the slightest lag input messes me up. Even then, Legan made it a bit harsh, but it's true. . .let me elaborate a little more. Aside from everything else Legan mentioned, there's one other factor in irl tournaments that determines how good you are. When your in a tournament, there's lot of pressure, and you need a lot of stamina to get throught the whole thing. On top of that, something you can't even do in online tournaments, there's money on the line. Money you put in to enter. When that happens, everything changes. You have a totally different mindset, and play completely differently. There's now way to tell how good you are online because those factors can never be taken into consideration in online tournaments and definately not in online friendlies. Even irl, friendlies dont prove anything either since there's no reason for either player to be playing at their full potential. That's just my 2 cents. I understand it's really hard to make it to tournaments sometimes, belive me, but that's what really separates the good players from the mediocre. It's the effort you make to attend tournaments. Even if seems impossible, no ride, no money, not allowed to, if you can plan a head, save money, get permission in advance, there's always a way. Not for every tournament, but you dont need to go to everyone. Just a few to get your name out there an prove yourself. It might take a while, but if you show the innitiative to do it, it usally tends to happen eventually.

and Arkive, I dont think you know Chip's "true" DI, but I saw some pic you posted a while back that had most of the basics of it, but no one knows the true CDI. Hehe, but yeah, your DI sounds ****.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
lol, with the title this has I'm surprised it didn't get closed right away lol.

but while I'm here, hmm. . .best Link. . .idk. . . something to do with DSF keeps coming to mind =P
haha, but really, I dont have any say, there's a lot of good Link players out there, and I dont think you can really call anyone "the best Link."

When your in a tournament, there's lot of pressure, and you need a lot of stamina to get throught the whole thing. On top of that, something you can't even do in online tournaments, there's money on the line. Money you put in to enter. When that happens, everything changes. You have a totally different mindset, and play completely differently. There's now way to tell how good you are online because those factors can never be taken into consideration in online tournaments and definately not in online friendlies.

and Arkive, I dont think you know Chip's "true" DI, but I saw some pic you posted a while back that had most of the basics of it, but no one knows the true CDI. Hehe, but yeah, your DI sounds ****.
What?? You've never played a wifi money match? I also can't believe that this thread wasn't closed immediately, but yeah I'm the best link ever. XD

btw, where can I find this pic explaining CDI? If someone where to pm me or reply here I would appreciate it. Also, Arkive, you think you could make a video about all DI techniques? Would be pretty sweet...

sasook

Smash Champion
Arkive doesn't have a capture card atm, his friend stole it.

And the pic is this, I believe:

Lol, it was in your own topic too.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Legan and anyone else I hope you guys dont think im like that seriously...I do the broken jokes and banned jokes but Im not being serious...I never went to a serious tourney,now thats not to say I dont think Im really good When you go to a real tourney every player is legit and any mistake can prob get you down a stock, I want to experience that ****, and I dont care if I get owned at first mainly because if I surround myself by great players I will become better and adapt to the speed.

Really this is all Arkives doing I told him not to be telling people I kno the spam **** techniques I wanted to lay low, I didnt want a fanbase...(i dont really have one imo)

Winning online doesnt get me off, online is mainly for my daily lol moments like seeing someone SD, or 3 stocking a zelda only recieving 13 percent (part of that was my own bomb) I dont take that serously because, theres no way in hell your gonna play someone in a legit who sucks that bad.

Out of all the "top" players listed, almost none of them play exactly exactly exactly alike imo. You cant tell from vids either...so I guess to answer your question whoever asked there are alot of quality links you can learn from...and if you want to play them or ask a question just pm them.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Speaking of offline tournies and the whole "money on the line" thing, there's a local Brawl tourney hosted by GameCrazy this Sunday... I'd use that to show my offline if I could but I think I've already informed you guys on how much winning tournies in my town is worth... >_>

*typed on the Wii's internet*
(yes, you NEEDED to know that.)

Top Bottom