• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is Sonic's Worst Matchup out of...

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
Falco, Marth, Wolf, Meta Knight, And Sonic.
im pretty much even with all of these characters.

Got a money match pretty soon. the person im playing is gonna use Sonic. So i was wondering who i should use.

Any suggestions?

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Wolf and Luigi are definetly his top enimies.

Wolf has range and all his specials hurt Sonic.

Luigi is good in air and his smash attacks = death.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Hmm I think it would really depend on the playstyle of the Snic your playing. I guess maybe I haven't played a good enugh MK but he's really not that much of a hastle for my Sonic so far. Not to say he isn't tough to fight, just not like unfair.

Wolf can be a pain for Sonic if the Sonic doesn't know enough to know how to face him appropriately. The same can be said for Luigi.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Lucario, holy ****. If he just roll dodges from you the whole time, he can build up his damage and kill you at 50%.

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
Wario, Just bite the **** out of him. It will piss him off. It also takes awhile to get used to playing around it too unless this guy plays against good Warios or he's some super genius .

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
I found Pit to be Sonic's toughest matchup, especially since Pit's shield totally negates Sonic's charge or spin dash (IF Sonic's in front of Pit). Depends on the style the guy plays Sonic as

Umby

Smash Master
I found Pit to be Sonic's toughest matchup, especially since Pit's shield totally negates Sonic's charge or spin dash (IF Sonic's in front of Pit). Depends on the style the guy plays Sonic as
Spin Charge rolls under it if he doesn't curve it, and even then, the moment of priority on Spin Dash's hop cuts though and arrow, meaning his arrows aren't that much of a threat on the ground. Pit's not that hard of a matchup for Sonic (though still not his easiest), especially considering how easy it is to gimp his Up B. The only real issues with Pit are his unpunishable roll and his disjointed attacks.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
grrrr
wnever i meet a good/annoying wolf, i dedfeat them out of fustration
i run from onne side of t3h stage 2 the other side taunting, i take damage till they chase me off staage, then it's e-z-gimping!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Lucario, holy ****. If he just runs away, he can build up his damage and kill you at 50%.
Umm... Wtf? Who can run away from Sonic? The only character that comes half as close to stopping that is Wario. If you're getting camped by Lucario, you seriously have issues.

Lmfao, wtf? I haven't lost to a single Pit yet. I haven't even lost a match to Pit yet. Sonic owns Pit soooo bad it's not even funny.

yea but he is not one of those Sonic players who THINK they are good. cuz i know alot of those. but he really is good. i went with Wolf cuz hes heavy, harder to kill as Sonic, + hes strong.
If he lost to someone that just learned how to play Wolf, he's not that good. I eats Wolf players for breakfast nao. Sonic gimps the hell outta Wolf, and punishes scarring/fsmash so bad it's hilarious.

The thread should've stopped right here.
QFT. Luigi and ROB (I mean the super campy ones that just hide behind teh gyros and lazurs with nair) are fairly hard. Snake is a jerk, but whatever. Wario/Kirby/MK? You just have to know what you're doing, seriously.

At AZOneTwoStep, my partner died, and I was left alone vs a Kirby and MK. I was at about 100% or so, the MK was at 110%, and the Kirby was at 80%. Guess who won?

PROTIP: It wasn't Kirby or MK.

Still, MK can be a bit annoying, as can Kirby.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
QFT. Luigi and ROB (I mean the super campy ones that just hide behind teh gyros and lazurs with nair) are fairly hard. Snake is a jerk, but whatever. Wario/Kirby/MK? You just have to know what you're doing, seriously.
Really? Personally, I love fighting ROBs. They're like giant metal punching bags. I do admit though they'd be a wee bit gay hiding behind lazers and the such, but nowhere near as bad as some others.

My personal opinion is that Wario/Kirby/MK are just problematic. Luigi is downright HARD, and Snake is on the same level as Sonic. Whoever gets into their element first wins, really.

Also, because I don't play enough of them, I have a hard time against GOOD Pikachus.

AgentAO

Smash Journeyman
From personal experience, I'm gonna have to go with Lugi (OH GOD, THE HORROR), Falco (He always gives me problems), and maybe pikachu (though I don't play against pika too much, but that little rat was annoying as hell. Actually, I lost TWICE to a level 8 CPU, so I don't even want to know what the hell a good human could do with him.)

I dunno about ROB, though ROB has NEVER given me a problem so far. Pit is fairly easy, snake isn't hard if you know what you're doing, Lucario is lol. Wolf is just annoying because of that laser, after that he doesn't have much. I can't say much for MK, because I haven't played against him really, but I can see that one being bad. Wario's air game is good as far as I've seen, so I can see that being bad too.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I got counterpicked by Weegee once. I didn't jump a single time that didn't involve recovery and I 2 stocked him. I know that's not TYPICAL but wever. I won. ^_^

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Mk is A Nightmare To Sonic He has Way To much Priority over Sonics Attacks, Im Not Saying I cant Beat a Good Mk Player With Sonic But I Really have a Hard Time Agaist them each time.

BrawlChamp14

Smash Apprentice
Umm... Wtf? Who can run away from Sonic? The only character that comes half as close to stopping that is Wario. If you're getting camped by Lucario, you seriously have issues.

Lmfao, wtf? I haven't lost to a single Pit yet. I haven't even lost a match to Pit yet. Sonic owns Pit soooo bad it's not even funny.

If he lost to someone that just learned how to play Wolf, he's not that good. I eats Wolf players for breakfast nao. Sonic gimps the hell outta Wolf, and punishes scarring/fsmash so bad it's hilarious.

At AZOneTwoStep, my partner died, and I was left alone vs a Kirby and MK. I was at about 100% or so, the MK was at 110%, and the Kirby was at 80%. Guess who won?

PROTIP: It wasn't Kirby or MK.

Still, MK can be a bit annoying, as can Kirby.

i didnt just learn to use Wolf. i have used him since i unlocked him. i was only curious to who i should use.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Fighting MK As SONIC Is A Pain! U Just Cant Gimp the Thing...But I Agrre With The Post Above G&W Is Really Hard AsWell...

Top Bottom