• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is Sonic's Worst Matchup out of...

Peck

Smash Apprentice
For me another Sonic is pretty hard especially if it keeps running away from my attacks.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
wow i guess luigi is hard idk really why tho maybe cuz he out prioritizes sonic in the air but i can't believe nobody thinks zelda or pikachu are a hard match up. zelda's up/forward smash are crazy and pika's bolts, d-smash and down B are horrible to fight against. i think zelda and pikachu are way harder especially since they are really hard to gimp since thats such a big deal with sonic.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
kinda off topic but....

How do you guys deal with a wolf that just spams lasers and f smashes and whenever u get close just uses the reflector than smashes u again?????

I just can find a way to easily get out of that... not saying i cant win agaist it but its anyoying.......

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Lucario, holy ****. If he just roll dodges from you the whole time, he can build up his damage and kill you at 50%.
This matchup is hard for Sonic but not for this reason. Roll dodging all over the place against a Sonic is just going to get punished if they know what they're doing.

For me another Sonic is pretty hard especially if it keeps running away from my attacks.
But you can run after him too... It's even. :p

Luigi has a sword?! lol
No, Sonic has a sword. Check out my 1337 MS Paint skills:

http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=1491

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
wow i guess luigi is hard idk really why tho maybe cuz he out prioritizes sonic in the air but i can't believe nobody thinks zelda or pikachu are a hard match up. zelda's up/forward smash are crazy and pika's bolts, d-smash and down B are horrible to fight against. i think zelda and pikachu are way harder especially since they are really hard to gimp since thats such a big deal with sonic.
Perfect shield Zelda's smashes, and you can punish any of them. Dsmash comes out fast, but has some lag. Try to play a zoning game with them, where you bait the Din's Fire, then run in and punish. Even if they explode it early, just perfect shield, and keep running. You'll catch them before they finish lagging. She's also REALLY easy to gimp. Just remember that she can only angle herself in straight lines, and force her to recover poorly. Dair does wonders. You can also hit her before Nayru's Love moves her, since it has slow start-up.

With Pikachu, you can grab him in-between parts of the dsmash, if you've shielded it. Thunder-jolt is annoying, down-b is decent, but so incredibly easy to see coming and avoid. Just grab more, I think.

kinda off topic but....

How do you guys deal with a wolf that just spams lasers and f smashes and whenever u get close just uses the reflector than smashes u again?????

I just can find a way to easily get out of that... not saying i cant win agaist it but its anyoying.......
If he's fsmashing, shield it. Grab, dsmash, whatever, you can punish it because of how much it lags. I prefer shield>grab>pummel 1-2x>bthrow>Usmash/bair/edgeguard/whatever. Again, dair wins so much. Perfect shield the lasers, then just keep running. Fair works exceptionally well in this matchup, especially when he likes to dsmash or fsmash a lot. Just be careful of his bair, and you should be fine. Also, you can grab him between hits of his ftilt.

Top Bottom