• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is G&W weak against?

SilverFett

Smash Rookie
Title says it all. I have trouble playing against G&W and I needed a secondary anyway, so I want to make a secondary that is good against him.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Title says it all. I have trouble playing against G&W and I needed a secondary anyway, so I want to make a secondary that is good against him.
Snake: Snake is G&W's hardest matchup. Snake can kill G-dub VERY easily. G&W needs borderline perfect spacing to not get punished by Snake and getting punished by Snake hurts alot. Plus, G&W does not have any special tools to counteract Snake's stage control.

Toon Link: G&W has trouble getting past Toon Link's projectile spam. And even Toon Link has some ease killing G&W.

Marth: Marth can space G-dub as well as G-dub can space Marth. But Marth also has power, speed, and a better approach (G&W's safest approach, bair, is somewhat impacted by intelligent use of counter by the Marth).

DK: DK has the range and the power to make quick work of G&W. G&W also has a bit of trouble killing DK. But due to G&W's disjointed attacks beating DK's attacks and G&W's superiority in the air, the match is presumed even.

Those are the characters I would look into first.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Snake is the biggest counter, with close seconds in Marth and Metaknight. Diddy also probably has a slight advantage, moreso when you don't know the matchup, but this is debatable. I think it's 6:4, but I have only played Chompy for three matches and went 2-1.

So those guys are the counters. Everyone else is neutral, or close to neutral, or better for G&W.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Snake is the biggest counter, with close seconds in Marth and Metaknight. Diddy also probably has a slight advantage, moreso when you don't know the matchup, but this is debatable. I think it's 6:4, but I have only played Chompy for three matches and went 2-1.

So those guys are the counters. Everyone else is neutral, or close to neutral, or better for G&W.
This is pretty accurate.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Snake for sure. When I picked up Snake and had only played him for a day, I was already beating my GaW friend who had been maining him for a long time.

K 2

Smash Lord
Snake is by far my hardest matchup

TL isn't too bad, you can cancel all his projectiles with dtilt or bair

Marth is tough, but you have a disjointed hitbox (bair) just like him, so its fairly even

MK is hard for everyone, but this matchup is slightly in favor of MK, but not by a whole bunch.

K 2

Smash Lord
You will just get owned by his utilt...All he has to do is shield your dair and then utilt your face.

Neb

Smash Lord
And if you didn't DI the set-up hitbox on Snake's usmash, the missile can hit you before the start-up of dair begins.

Top Bottom